Options

1975 Topps Baseball Collectors Thread

Comments

• Options
    SmokieSmokie Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    tough card to get.
  • Options
    mbothnermbothner Posts: 761 ✭✭✭
    I just collect Pirates. I do not follow the 1975's too much but after reading about the Al Oliver I went to check my Pirates registry set to see what I had and my Oliver was an 8. I only had 3 PSA 9's in my set but one was a Dave Giusti which seems to be a fairly low pop. I don't even remember where I got it. I guess that will be a good start if I decide to upgrade the set.

The 1975 set is actually what got me back into collecting about 20 years ago when I found an old set of mine at my parent's house. I had the entire set divided by teams with a rubber band around each team set. That set is long gone but saved two cards because they had blank backs. Was that a fairly common error with this set?
  • Options

<< <i>I just collect Pirates. I do not follow the 1975's too much but after reading about the Al Oliver I went to check my Pirates registry set to see what I had and my Oliver was an 8. I only had 3 PSA 9's in my set but one was a Dave Giusti which seems to be a fairly low pop. I don't even remember where I got it. I guess that will be a good start if I decide to upgrade the set.

The 1975 set is actually what got me back into collecting about 20 years ago when I found an old set of mine at my parent's house. I had the entire set divided by teams with a rubber band around each team set. That set is long gone but saved two cards because they had blank backs. Was that a fairly common error with this set? >>

Sent you a pm.
  • Options
    bowman54bowman54 Posts: 118 ✭✭
    dcaudle70....PM sent. Andy
  • Options
    Has anybody ever seen a complete 1975 Topps set in PSA 9 for sale or auction and if so how much was it?
  • Options
    Just listed 18 PSA 9's on the B/S/T board.Some with low pops. Take a look.Thanks, Andy
  • Options
    pm sent
  • Options
    Bigfan5 PM sent
  • Options

<< <i>Bigfan5 PM sent >>

PM back at you.
  • Options
    Bigfan5 PM sent
  • Options
    Bigfan where did you pick up the Dave Giusti?
  • Options

<< <i>Bigfan where did you pick up the Dave Giusti? >>

I was lucky enough to find a member on here who was willing to make a deal. Expensive but well worth it!
  • Options
    Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭
    Trying to finish up my raw NMMT set. If any of you guys have any on my list, please PM me.

1975 Topps Baseball
    1, 5, 26, 35, 50, 57, 60, 70, 77, 78, 80, 88, 150, 156, 175, 176, 180, 185, 193, 212, 215, 228, 266, 300, 320, 489, 498, 500, 517, 523, 524, 532, 534, 557, 616, 620, 640, 660
  • Options

<< <i>I was lucky enough to find a member on here who was willing to make a deal. Expensive but well worth it! >>

That was a good deal for both of us.

Does anyone have a nice PSA 8 Giusti for sale?
  • Options
    I believe there is a nice 8 with a bin on the bay right now.
  • Options

<< <i>I believe there is a nice 8 with a bin on the bay right now. >>

I saw that one but did not like the print spots and centering.
  • Options
    Been collecting this set and was also building a raw set, went through it and found a couple nice low pop 9's and a couple tough 8.5's. Very happy with the Ryan!!

• Options

<< <i>Been collecting this set and was also building a raw set, went through it and found a couple nice low pop 9's and a couple tough 8.5's. Very happy with the Ryan!!

image >>

Great cards! PM sent.
  • Options
    Sure wish I could locate a PSA 9 Etch in a Mini Card....lol. Very nice looking cards image
  • Options
    s looking for nicely centered PSA 7's of these guys a losing battle?

Yaz,Perry,Pete Rose,Stargell,Phil Niekro,Joe Morgan,Carlton,Tony Perez,Jim Palmer,Don Sutton,Carew,Seaver,Nolan Ryan,Bench,Fingers,Reggie Jackson,Blyleven,Fisk,Gossage,Winfield
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    I have a few of them centered and a couple a little off center depends on what you call centered.
  • Options
    RoarIn84RoarIn84 Posts: 859 ✭✭
    I am building a PSA 8-9 (regular size) set. I am about halfway and wondering if anyone has any extras? Of the majors, i still need a Rice, Ryan (#500), Aaron, Carew, and a few others plus about 300 commons.... I tried the BST board and got lots of help so i figured i might get a couple of you who might not check the BSTs..... thanks!!
  • Options
    artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭
    Anyone have a PSA 8, 8.5 or 9 George Brett? I am looking for a centered copy to add to my collection.

Thanks

mathew

artist_lost@hotmail.com
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options
    Looking for some imput on this 8 if it has a chance for an 8.5 or a 9 if I resubmit?

• Options
    SICK RYANS!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    IMO the 8 is in its highest possible holder. Print streaks, fisheye, o/c top-bottom, a slight tilt, and a little bit of chipping on the edges.

It's a great card (and probably a little bit nicer overall than the 8 I own), but I don't think it gets a bump.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    If anyone has a centered PSA 8 Aaron 660 for sale, LMK. Thanks.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    Looks like Legendary Auctions #13 has dropped off the PSA Registry
  • Options
    That is the one that sold a couple months ago?
  • Options
    someone had a set break, alot of low pops buy now Tommy Davis was one of them PSA 9
  • Options
    Wish I saw that and the Evans card earlier.
  • Options
    Pittfan did you pick up any of those 9's? I got 2 of them I needed 208 & 310
  • Options
    Got there late. Did pick up 77 Zisk 9.
  • Options
    My son picked up the Tommy Davis and The Evans cards along with a few others
  • Options
    Smokie is your sons set on the registry?
  • Options
    His is Oilleak24 and mine is Smokie 1950 set 1 and 2
  • Options
    Finally finished the set!! Now sitting at 18th spot. This is such a great set to collect bad thing is the t205's really caught my eye, I believe it is time to break it up and start on that.
  • Options
    If you intend on breaking up the 1975 Topps set I could sure use your help. I am down to my last 10 cards and have been trying for some time to get them. Please let me know as I would be thrilled to finish mine up as well.

Rooster
  • Options
    Rooster, would help, not sure I have any you need.

Ken
  • Options
    If anybody is lookign for a large start on a 1975 Topps PSA 9 set send me a PM, I have 246 different all PSA 9's (9's, nothing but 9's on the set registry roughly 70th place) if you want to look at the list. Not really wanting to break up unless nobody shows interest in entire lot. Several low pop commons such as Rennie Stennett, Joe Torre, Dave Parker. Has Pete Rose individual, Ryans/Carlton league Leader card, and several MVP cards. Take a look. Have other interests I wish to pursue at the moment.
  • Options

<< <i>If anybody is lookign for a large start on a 1975 Topps PSA 9 set send me a PM, I have 246 different all PSA 9's (9's, nothing but 9's on the set registry roughly 70th place) if you want to look at the list. Not really wanting to break up unless nobody shows interest in entire lot. Several low pop commons such as Rennie Stennett, Joe Torre, Dave Parker. Has Pete Rose individual, Ryans/Carlton league Leader card, and several MVP cards. Take a look. Have other interests I wish to pursue at the moment. >>

PM Sent!
  • Options
    I just sent you a PM as well.

Rooster
  • Options
    tyweb1tyweb1 Posts: 528 ✭✭
    I would really like to find a Ron Santo PSA 10 from this yet. Anyone have one available?
  • Options
    Ok couldnt work out a deal on the whole set. Guys let me know what you are interested and price. Not looking to make money, would like to get out what I put into the cards.
    Set is Pittfan's 75 currently 18th
    Thanks
    Ken
  • Options
    As I mentioned - I only need the 10 cards I outlined previously. Any chance you can help me out with any of them??

Rooster
  • Options
    Sorry Rooster don't have any of them.
  • Options
    Retired the set set Pittfans 75's it now can be seen under All time finest at I believe 26th. Let me know if any cards are on the wantlist.

Ken
  • Options

<< <i>If anybody is lookign for a large start on a 1975 Topps PSA 9 set send me a PM, I have 246 different all PSA 9's (9's, nothing but 9's on the set registry roughly 70th place) if you want to look at the list. Not really wanting to break up unless nobody shows interest in entire lot. Several low pop commons such as Rennie Stennett, Joe Torre, Dave Parker. Has Pete Rose individual, Ryans/Carlton league Leader card, and several MVP cards. Take a look. Have other interests I wish to pursue at the moment. >>

These are sold, thanks!
  • Options
    jivanjivan Posts: 1,009
    I know this is not the buy/sell section but wanted to know if any interest here first.. I have 8 psa 7 1975 cards for sale.. #'s are 92.134.142.143.224.251.265.297....most seem as centered as most 8's i have seen..18.00 takes this lot dlvd.. please pm if you are interested... thanks ivan
    always looking for 1969 graded basketball
  • Options
    So who won the PSA 9 Ryan for $1,650 on Ebay? Fess up image