Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1975 Topps Baseball Collectors Thread

Comments

• Options
    SmokieSmokie Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    Anyone have any 1975 (PSA 9'S) Here is my list. Please PM me.

#16 Frank Tanana
    #117 Orioles Team
    #481 Will Mcenaney
    #660 Hank Aaron

• Options
    I've been looking for that Juan Beniquez for at least 2 or 3 years. Never seen one for sale. Would love to own one but nobody wants to sell!
    Positive Transactions:
    Stooge
    jamesgotpoorman
    calaban7
    ddfamf
    theczar
    ShootyBabitt
    hoopguru33

Always looking for:

1960-present Topps Red Sox in PSA 9+
    Topps All-Star Rookies in PSA 9+
    Dennis Eckersley PSA 10's
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    image This is my all-time favorite set. I have a complete raw high grade 1975 set that I put together, but I may have to sub some of those hard to get cards.

Also, any thread that has someone named Rushhead2112 and uses Clint's picture is worth posting to. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was feeling lucky tonight so I decided to rip open an 18-card 1975 cello pack that I had on hand. Pulled some very nice cards (considering that cellos are often very tough on corner dings), including Mr. Brett himself. I'm thinking maybe a PSA 8?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    image You are right Grote. Usually you don't get that many potentially gradable cards.

Some of them appear to have a slight tilt which may hold them to an 8, but defintely a gradeable bunch.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    NICE Brett!!

Must feel great to pull a Brett RC from a pack
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    Thanks, fellas...I try to log every card I pull from any 70s pack I open so I had a good idea the Brett was coming up...it was definitely a thrill for me!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Some 75 unopened packs from the sub I just got back from PSA:

• Options
    ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭

<< <i>Thanks, fellas...I try to log every card I pull from any 70s pack I open so I had a good idea the Brett was coming up...it was definitely a thrill for me! >>

oh wow! So Charlie Moore leads to Brett?

From my youth and opening a ton of topps wax in 1985, getting Charlie Moore lead to a Gooden Rookie! image
  • Options
    oh wow! So Charlie Moore leads to Brett?

Not sure about that! image

Thought I had a Moore pack but it was a Gorman Thomas! They look like Twins!

• Options
    jivanjivan Posts: 1,009
    I have 4 psa 7 1975 topps cards i just found... bought them at a show and prolly thought they were minis lol...143 cliff johnson, 224 ramon hernandez,251 fran healy and 297 craig kusick.. how about 6.00 dlvd???
    always looking for 1969 graded basketball
  • Options
    I am looking to buy a 1975 Topps PSA 8 of card # 421, the Mets Team card with Berra.

I am willing to pay a good price for it.

Please send me a private message, or email me at cra4gld@aol.com

Thanks;
    Jack
  • Options
    Anyone looking to sell PSA 9 or 10's please let me know. Just hit 50% of the set and have the funds to make a large addition if anyone has the cards available. Of course I'm always looking for high dollar low pop cards as well.

Man I love this set!
  • Options
    I've got #15 in a 9, #101 in a 9, #219 in a 9, #250 in a 9, #409 in a 9, #530 in a 9, and #274 in a 10
  • Options

<< <i>I've got #15 in a 9, #101 in a 9, #219 in a 9, #250 in a 9, #409 in a 9, #530 in a 9, and #274 in a 10 >>

PM sent...thanks!
  • Options
    That McEnaney card had a high price tag on it. Can't imagine what the next one will bring. At those prices might have to keep sending them into PSA.
  • Options
    That card was "off the charts" high!! The last one I saw sold for $325 in December 2008 - that tells you how much someone overpaid for it!!
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    Wasn't a very nice 9. I counted two fisheyes, another yellow print spot, and a splotch in the sky area.
    I've been looking for a nice McEnaney for awhile and haven't found one nice enough to submit. If I'd know PSA will grant 9s to cards with 4 print flaws, I probably would've sent more in.
  • Options
    I couldn't agree more - makes you wonder whether someones gets 9's and 10's on reputation, doesn't it??
  • Options
    I was one of the bidders who put a crazy high snipe in thinking it wouldn't go near as high but trying to cover myself. Didn't bid based on reputation but on desire to finish the set with all 9's and 10's.

Crazy that card went so high though. Makes me think this set will be impossible to finish with my stated goals.
  • Options
    I'm with you - I am down to the last 6 cards left (looking for PSA 9s as well) and, based on the high bid yesterday, it may cost me a fortune to get those last 6. Not sure what to do at this point. Let me know if you come up with any ideas as to how to get those last few.
  • Options
    I'm down to my last 10 cards and it don't look good. At the prices the last cards are going for I can't imagine what it will cost me to finish this set. Maybe $10,000.00. And we thought the Rusty Staub card was high he got that card cheap. I bought a vending box last month and was disapointed, without a doubt rack packs are the best for sending in.
  • Options
    There's a vending box out there now - is that who you purchased it from? I was considering that as an option as well so it would be good to know if that is who you were working with.
  • Options
    Rooster I sent you a PM did you receive it?
  • Options
    Sorry - I did not receive it as of yet.
  • Options
    Rooster Yes, the same guy and they are sealed mine was. I only got a few worth sending in, maybe a 9 alot of them OC. The ends are not as sharp seems like to me. The glass I'm useing is 10 times mignifer. Myself I'm not interested in any more vending, $900.00 is a lot for what I ended up with out of 500 cards. The batting average is bad on them, racks alot better. Good luck on your set. Ron

• Options
    Thanks for the feedback Ron - potentially saves me some $ & frustration in buying one of those boxes.
  • Options
  • Options
    Hammered, do you have a set on the PSA listing?
  • Options
    pm sent
  • Options
    Does any one know what happened to the 625 card PSA 9
  • Options
    happy to finally land a centered PSA 8 Brett

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Eric,
    What am I missing on the Brett? How is that not a 9 at least?

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options

<< <i>Eric,
    What am I missing on the Brett? How is that not a 9 at least? >>

Thats what i was thinking when i bid on it. the lower right corner is what kept it at an 8
    When it comes to the pre-half grade days, i usually like to bid a little more based on
    centering. This card when graded was too good for a 7, but the corner was what kept
    it out of a 9 imo. A review might be in order, but depending on the graders mood, i
    could see this coming back in either an 7.5 (not good for me) or 8.5 (good for me)
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    For whatever my opinion is worth in the matter, that looks like a dictionary definition of an 8.5

In any case, a truly nice card that any of us would be proud to own.
  • Options
    1975 Nolan Ryan PSA 9 for auction

Check out my 1975 Nolan Ryan PSA 9 that is currently up for auction on Greg Bussineau's auction website! It's a blazer!
    Collecting Nolan Ryan Master, 1968 Basic, and WHA, as well as unused and authentic tickets from 60s-70s rock concerts.
  • Options

<< <i>1975 Nolan Ryan PSA 9 for auction

Check out my 1975 Nolan Ryan PSA 9 that is currently up for auction on Greg Bussineau's auction website! It's a blazer! >>

too bad its not on eBay
  • Options
    "too bad its not on eBay"

Not for me.... I don't have to pay any of the ridiculously high eBay and Paypal fees. It's a win win. someone is going to go home with one of the best examples of a Ryan card from this set, ever.
    Collecting Nolan Ryan Master, 1968 Basic, and WHA, as well as unused and authentic tickets from 60s-70s rock concerts.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Hey guys,
    I'm trying to finish up a high grade raw set, so if you have any of the following card numbers in raw NM or better from your stash that you didn't deem worthy of grading, please let me know and I can take them off your hands for a little coin. Thanks.

1 aaron hl
    30 blyleven
    140 garvey
    180 morgan
    211 rose/reggie
    223 yount
    260 bench
    280 yaz
    300 reggie
    320 rose
    335 palmer
    450 mccovey
    500 ryan
    540 brock
    560 perez
    616 rice
    640 killebrew

Lee
  • Options
    Check out this blazing Nolan Ryan PSA 9 up for auction right now at Greg Bussineau's site. Brilliant color and detail.
    1975 Nolan Ryan #500 PSA 9
  • Options
    jboxjbox Posts: 408 ✭✭

<< <i>Check out this blazing Nolan Ryan PSA 9 up for auction right now at Greg Bussineau's site. Brilliant color and detail.
    1975 Nolan Ryan #500 PSA 9 >>

Shameless plug, but I respect that.

jbox
  • Options
    shameless plug indeed... but for the one person who needs it to complete a set, at this price, they will be thanking me.
  • Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    With all due respect, how is it possible that the left border on that ryan is pefectly uniform and the right border has tilt? That fact, along with how the card sits in the holder will prevent me from bidding on a card that I would love to own.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    Wow, definitely a nice 9, but what a premium!

Brett
  • Options

<< <i>Wow, definitely a nice 9, but what a premium!

Brett >>

wha wha what? wow!
  • Options
    Yep could have had 3 real nice ones for that!!!
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow, definitely a nice 9, but what a premium!

Brett >>

Personally, I would want to see a back scan too. Not just on this auction, but anything over say $50-$100.

aconte
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, I made three offers on that card starting at $475 and I think my last offer was $535. Never thought someone would buy it for $1500.image
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, is anyone going to hit the BIN on the 75 Brett PSA 10 on ebay? Its only $55,555.55

In the auction description it cites the recent selling price of a PSA 9 for $1,500.
  • Options
    MattyCMattyC Posts: 1,335 ✭✭
    More like 9OC with that T/B centering. So much purple real estate under his name. Pass.