Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭
    page turn
  • tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭
    Hi Barry ! and Thanks !

Barry, I was actually holding back on you

Just kidding, Not mineimage

While this one on the other hand.....Well, It's not mine either......

• rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I was finally able to upgrade my poorly centered Bradshaw 8 and replace it with this one:

image >>

Beauty!!

As well as the Joe D auto.
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
    Wow! Great Mantle and Ruth! The DiMaggio ranks right up there with them!
  • SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome Bradshaw Brett...congratulations!!!!! image

Steve
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Anyone remember the hammer price on that Ruth? That 33 goudey #181, and the sports kings is growing on me, might be my two favorite Ruth cards. I owuldn't be surprised if that card passed the PSA 8 sales
  • GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image
    Great card of a great player from an amazing set, and I'm very happy to be adding this to my collection! >>

As you should be. That's one card from that set that I plan to pick up someday. Gorgeous color and a nice signature image

• $61
  • $30.......................................................................................................$48
    imageimage

$38
  • fandangofandango Posts: 2,622

<< <i>Got my Mastro Auction Win Today ! image

image >>

SWEET JOE!!!!

very nice!!! CLEAN AUTO
  • TJMACTJMAC Posts: 864 ✭✭
    Wow, those Maris and Joe D autographs are beauties. Thanks for sharing!!! The Jethroe autograph also looks great on the 1953 Bowman card. That has to be one of the nicest sets ever made.
    Frank Robinson to be auto'd next week....$17,000......

Richardson....$6,335...
  • DrJDrJ Posts: 2,213

• No price
  • I know its not a baseball card, but since you all love me so much, maybe i can help someone that is a sinus sufferer...

These things are the greatest...(no it's not an enema)...
    These things really work so great, that I had to buy a 2nd one...

PM me if you have sinus issues..

$50
  • DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭
    haven't done this in awhile. Almost all of these are my subs, except the cards at the bottom starting with the Gooden

"The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice mail day today. I got a card I have been looking for since forever. A 1991 Stadium Club Superbowl stamp. Tough card to find and I'm very happy witth condition. It should be a 9 easliy.

• mcholkemcholke Posts: 1,000 ✭✭
    Been looking for this one for a long time.

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

• First two images aren't loading.
    -Rome is Burning

got these 34-36 Diamond stars in today, Travis "Stonewall" Jackson, Hof shortstop, Cool Name for a Shortstop.
    And the man who replaced Babe Ruth on the Yankees George Selkirk, Not a bad player in his own right, couldnt imagine following that act though.

Almost forgot ! I also received these two very tough autos Joe Niekro and Dick Howser who passed away in 1987.

• Goodsport40Goodsport40 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭
    HOF, that is a nicely centered Fisk for an 8. Bumpable?

DavidPuddy, those stickers are too cool! Are those common grades for those? They sure appear a lot better than their grade.

Robert
  • DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭
    Goodsport40,

yep that's common for the ven. stickers. They almost always have paper loss or something stuck to the backs.

I really like em' but there hard to find and a little pricy.

DP
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • KOBEcollectorKOBEcollector Posts: 3,873 ✭✭
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanx for all the great stuff to look at guys!

I picked up this game recently - no expensive - not very rare - but "unopened"!!!!

Never heard of it but it is listed in the catalog - The Dennis Baseball Game - 100 Years of Baseball. 1970.

Graphically, it's one of the nicer contemporary games I've picked up. It's oblong and about 20" long - so I scanned it in 2 pieces.

Considering what I like to scan, I would pay more for a larger scanner bed.
    Thanx for viewing.
    mike
    Mike
  • SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanx for all the great stuff to look at guys!

Considering what I like to scan, I would pay more for a larger scanner bed.
    Thanx for viewing.
    mike >>

Are you sitting on your scanner again Mike?????

imageimage
    Steve
  • HOF'er? Don't gag...it could happen...
    imageimage
  • elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    Barry - Cripes, you are picking up some monster signatures. That Maris was great, but that Dimaggio blew it (and most things on this thread) away!

Stone - I have said it before and I will say it again, you always post the coolest memorabilia type items. I would really like to see your board game collection once you figure out how to display all of those.

No monster cards or vintage treasures for me this week, but I did add or upgrade a few singles for my 1948 Leaf set and picked up a 1961 Nu Card wrapper to compliment my still in progress graded set. I have been eyeballing the graded Nu Card pack Bob has, but settled for the empty wrapper... at least for now:

I also picked up a lot of 60 WLAF buttons that I need to go through to find the best examples. These are rarely offered up on eBay still in the original packaging, of course that may be because demand is low and it isn't worth the hassle. But I was pretty happy to add them to my defunct football league collection all the same:

Have a great week everyone and keep the scans coming!

Snorto~

• no price, not posting for the purpose of spamming. Will probably sell it when FRank retires...since I doubt he will have any big seasons before then...
    I also have a couple other relatively high-end franks that I will eventually sell.
    I have a PSA/DNA rookie auto of his that will remain in my collection.

For now, I am happy to have these cards in my collection. I think tiffany rookies in high grade are undervalued.
    Any other questions?
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steve - that's funny - hadn't thought about that?

Thanx Scott - very nice Nu wrapper.

HOF - I like Walker and that's a sweet Tiffany - I've got a bunch of the regular issues - don't know if there's a 10 in the batch?

Thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013

<< <i>For now, I am happy to have these cards in my collection. I think tiffany rookies in high grade are undervalued.
    Any other questions? >>

Why, yes, I do have a question. How much did you pay for that there Thomas?

Snorto~
  • This was in my box yesterday.

• GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    Went over to the Gulf Coast of Florida for a few days for my sister's wedding and came back to find a few things waiting for me.

One of the best Home Run hitters of the Early 80s. It's a shame he couldn't stick around for a few more years....

I'm extremely happy to add this to my collection. I'm trying to nab as many vintage(40s-early 60s) psa/dna Braves autos as possible and this is another great one to add. It was a shame, because the seller also had slabbed autos of Bob Buhl and Joe Adc**k up at the same time, also on 56's, but I just don't have enough money to chase after all 3 cards at once. They were relatively cheap ($20ish each) but all 3 at once is too much for me right now. Never-the-less, I'm happy with what I can get!!!

• goyegoye Posts: 454 ✭✭
    1985-86 O Pee Chee PSA 910 Hockey
  • schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    I haven't been scanning many of my personal items as of late, but this just arrived today, and I couldn't wait to get it scanned and up on my site:

Who is Rober Maris?
  • Wow great looking Collins Sean.Do you think it would get a grade bump if crossed to PSA?
    Mike
  • schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    Thanks, Mike! It wouldn't get a 5 I don't think, and isn't worth crossing out even if it got a 4.5 from PSA. I'm fine with it in an SGC holder, even if they are a bit harder to scan (I can never get them to look good when scanned, no matter how hard I try).
    Who is Rober Maris?
    Barry
    Again, those autos are SWEET! Did you get the Jackson off ebay? I was looking at one.

Here was a win from today...couldnt let it pass for the price...
    page turn
    pretty please?
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Barry
    Again, those autos are SWEET! Did you get the Jackson off ebay? I was looking at one.

Here was a win from today...couldnt let it pass for the price...
    image >>

Nice Griff Barry. What did it end at?
    66 bucks with free shipping. Just for the mint 9 griffey and the psa authentication fee, its 30 bucks right there..I figure Im paying 36 for a Griffey auto. I know he isnt signing that cheap at shows.