Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• Options
    DrJDrJ Posts: 2,213
    A new addition to my personal collection.....

• Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    I just received these two key cards for my project 51.

• Options
    $25
  • Options
    $42
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Fatty those are SWEET!

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    Just got this PSA 6 Ashburn to upgrade my personal collection....

• Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    Thanks sidepocket, after buying those two I'll be buying commons for a month or two. Nice Ashburn, the centering is superb for a 56.
  • Options
    Ladder7Ladder7 Posts: 1,221
    Nice Ashburn.

I was pleasantly surprised by PSA on this grade considering the candy stain. Was thinking 3 (ST)

• Options
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Something for my 65 Reds set

[IMG]http://i224.photobucket
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Three more for the set. 666 cards to go

imageimage

I think this card is pretty sweet so I scanned the back as well.

imageimage
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Very presentable for the grade, with the SLIGHTEST MK "93" on the back

• Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
  • Options
  • Options
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    THE CLEANEST JACKIE I HAVE EVER SEEN IN ANY GRADE?!
    MAY NOT BE THE HIGHEST GRADE OR THE MOST CENTERED, BUT DEFINETELY THE CLEANEST - VERY TOUGH!

• Options
    We hear ya, geez... BTW, great Jackie!
  • Options
  • Options
    lamontcarterlamontcarter Posts: 748 ✭✭✭
    My first Nappy!

• Options
    got this pair of 1934 Carrera's Cigarettes - regular card and the variation issue.

[URL=http://imageshack.us]image[/URL]

• Options

<< <i>My first Nappy!

image >>

Nice looking 2...
  • Options
    That's a terrific Teddy. Nice p/u
  • Options

<< <i>We hear ya, geez... BTW, great Jackie! >>

Thanks, btw, i just checked your bucket...sweet stuff, including the home on the lake and the hawg pen! I would like both of those...
    Also, don't you love it when you can find an absolutely sweet looking card in a low grade?...nice find here...

• Options
    Just added these to my HOF rookie card collection. both are psa/dna certified!

• Options
    Here are some more I just got. Still along way to go!

Thanks Mike
  • Options
    Here are some more I have

• Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    Awesome cards everyone!
    Here is my first Hank Aaron rookie. Was able to pick it up for about $160 under the bin. Thanks to the ebay and Microsoft discounts.

• Options
    just got these three in the mail. They are getting harder and harder to find.

I need allot more ....

cheers
  • Options
    sorry for extra post

• Options
    Three more from the 2004 set just arrived.

still need some of these:

Landon Donovan - San Jose
    DaMarcus Beasley - Chicago
    Taylor Twellman - New England

also need 2005 jersey and autograph cards.

• Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    Hofa, that Gehrig has phenomenal eye appeal for a PSA 2. I look forward to some more detailed scans once you get it in hand.

Only one scan worthy addition for me this week, a Gluefingers rookie for my set from CU's very own (reformed) HOF collector, Envoy. Figured I would throw in a couple other Browns HOF rookies from the set in the scanner while I was at it.

Not a bad lineup, no wonder the Browns had such success in the AAFC and NFL. By the way, here is a snippet about this football powerhouse from Wikipedia:

Paul Brown parlayed his ties to the Buckeyes and the Navy (where he'd coached a base football team during World War II) into the most extensive recruitment network that had ever been seen at the time in pro football. He used it to assemble a team that, in terms of talent, would have been more than a match for any NFL team—including quarterback Otto Graham, kicker/offensive tackle Lou Groza, wide receiver Mac Speedie, fullback Marion Motley and nose guard Bill Willis. Motley and Willis were the first African-Americans to play in a pro football game in 13 years.

Enjoy the weekend all!

Snorto~
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    Some great looking lower grade cards in this thread. I just picked this up on eBay from joesvintagesportscards.

Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    Wow, that williams has great eye appeal. Is there paper loss on the back?
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    No, there is a hard to see crease on lower right. That and the o/c must have lowered the grade but I'm very pleased.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    GuruGuru Posts: 3,127

Just got these.
  • Options
    COuple of new additions to the PC....

• Options
    imageimage
  • Options
    imageimage
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Alright, so it's not cardboard, but this is what I've been up to with regard to modern era stuff. Sent this on 6/23 and received it today. Considering the club was on the road and the only hame game was a Friday make-up against the Mets, I'm pretty impressed with a one week turnaround by this future Hall of Famer!

** Mariano Rivera - New York Yankees **
  • Options
    I collect TSN...finally got the Holy Grail image[/L]image[/IMG]
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Had the biggest mail day ($ wise) ever today....and likely my biggest mail day ever to be. I am trying to keep cards a past time and have been pushing that envelope the last year so I think I am going to try to slow down a little.

Anyway, received my 1984 Topps USFL Steve Young PSA 9. It is my most valuable card and ($330 or $260 after discounts) is the most I ever paid for a card. But I am very happy. The card is centered well on the front and back, and the card was sorely missing from my Young collection.

Being the registry junkie and all, I was concerned it would drop my GPA under 9.5 in the Young sets, so I went ahead and upgraded my 1985 USFL from an 8 to a 9 as well. It has a weight of 3 so it almost took in the blow. Wish it was centered a little better....have not compared it with my PSA 8 or BGS 8 yet, but it is a little better the PSA 8 I think (the BGS is awful).

A couple Saberhagens I am happy with...

imageimage

Wish this one was centered well, and that he signed it more to the side, but I have always loved the Diamond Kings...

I picked up most of the key 80s rookie cards I was missing last week. (Sold a meteorite for a good price). Got some of them today...

Got over a dozen packages today...but I imagine those are the ones that would more appreciated by all.

Clear Skies,
    Mark

Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Had the biggest mail day ($ wise) ever today....and likely my biggest mail day ever to be. I am trying to keep cards a past time and have been pushing that envelope the last year so I think I am going to try to slow down a little.

Anyway, received my 1984 Topps USFL Steve Young PSA 9. It is my most valuable card and ($330 or $260 after discounts) is the most I ever paid for a card. But I am very happy. The card is centered well on the front and back, and the card was sorely missing from my Young collection.

Being the registry junkie and all, I was concerned it would drop my GPA under 9.5 in the Young sets, so I went ahead and upgraded my 1985 USFL from an 8 to a 9 as well. It has a weight of 3 so it almost took in the blow. Wish it was centered a little better....have not compared it with my PSA 8 or BGS 8 yet, but it is a little better the PSA 8 I think (the BGS is awful).

A couple Saberhagens I am happy with...

imageimage

Wish this one was centered well, and that he signed it more to the side, but I have always loved the Diamond Kings...

I picked up most of the key 80s rookie cards I was missing last week. (Sold a meteorite for a good price). Got some of them today...

Got over a dozen packages today...but I imagine those are the ones that would more appreciated by all.

Clear Skies,
    Mark >>

those are some incredible additions. I really love the USFL cards. I actually was a USFL fan when I was a kid. I liked the Generals the best though loved Herschel.
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
  • Options
    At the same time I sold 2 of these cards, one for $160 and one for $180, i picked this up with a BIN of $100....
    a sub bump would be nice!

• Options
    Blaze, what is the date on the Sporting News?.. Articles?

M114

image W517 image