Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• Options
    TJMACTJMAC Posts: 864 ✭✭
    Great looking cards guys!!!! I really like that T206 Cobb, I agree the bat off the shoulder is the nicer card. Mike, nice looking T3. It is the first one you have picked up in 6 or 7 months right? Do you try to grab a couple a year?
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭

<< <i>Got this upgrade in today. image

image >>

Nice addition to your very impressive Butler collection.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    This arrived today, really happy to finally add it to my hof rc set! I think it's in great shape for a psa 7

Mark
    --------------------------------------------
    NFL HOF RC SET
  • Options
    BigDaddyBowmanBigDaddyBowman Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭
    Just got back last night from a 2 week family road trip from Cleveland to Tampa/Disney. Boy am I glad to back home! Vacations are for the kids now..not much Rand R for the adults!

A few 48 Bowman for my set that were waiting for me when I got home:
  • Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    Nice 48 Bowmans!!!
  • Options
    DrJDrJ Posts: 2,213
    Got this Bill Laimbeer UD Black in the mail today. The person who bought the pack that this single card came in paid $125.00. I won this one off of Ebay for $4.85 plus shipping.

• Options
    A few 1914 blankets I recently picked up.Ty Cobb with brown infield,Chief Myers white infield.

Lou

Collecting Roberto Clemente and Willie Stargell cards.
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

Nice blankets, Lou. Don't see those every day.
  • Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    A very solid mail week for me, although no major additions to vintage graded sets I usually post here. So, as a change of pace, here are a few modern highlights for me:

I used to be an Emmitt collector and actually put the Cowboybilia autographed set together when it first came out. I have since sold off most of my Emmitt cards and memorabilia, but the only one I missed having was the Cowboybilia signature. Having picked this up at a nice price, I may put the set together again.

The Manning sold below what these typically go for as the signature is not as strong as some (it looks like the Sharpie was running out of juice).

Sage Rosenfels is one of those players I collect for reasons not entirely clear to even myself... regardless, I was happy to add this 2-color jersey rookie to my collection.

I have a few Walter Payton pieces that came in as well, but I need to charge some batteries up before I can take photos.

Hope everyone is having a nifty weekend and stuff.

Snorto~

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    ICE9ICE9 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭
    I can't believe that this thread is 3 years old (almost). Props to Stone for the great idea.

rbdjr1 - that '71 opc CFL is killer! I love the Theismann rookie from that set.

I picked up these from the Topps Vault. You can't tell from the scans, but they have glossy fronts. They auctioned about 30, all from the 6th series. I couldn't afford all of them, so I focused on the SPs. Looks like Topps were testing the Tiffany process back in '71. My favorite is the Rich Allen...

Mike

Edited for spelling
    "Must these Englishmen Live That I Might Die? Must They Live That I Might Die?" - The Blue Oyster Cult
  • Options
    ymareaymarea Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭
    This is a card of which I am especially proud. Not because it is my only Pop 1 Gem Mt 10, but because of how I obtained it. About a year ago I sold some raw cards on eBay to Keith Mixdorf, Jr. We began to correspond and he bought many more cards from me. We ended up encouraging each other to join PSA and register our 1972 FB sets. We have been very active in the building of each others' Topps and OPC CFL. Keith sent this card in raw to PSA as part of his introductory submission and it came back the very first 10 of its kind. He sent it to me earlier this week as a thank you for the help I have given him.

Imagine, getting a one-and-only Gem Mint 10 version of a near-vintage card absolutely FREE, just as a gesture of kindness. Keith's generosity is ovewhelming.

Brett
  • Options

Last night's pickup

• Options

<< <i>Last night's pickup

image >>

Nice card, I have been looking for one for a while. Congrats
  • Options
    Thanks, luckily the corners were gone or else no way I could have afforded it. image

For a PSA 1 though I'm pretty happy with the eye appeal of the image itself, and lack of heavy creasing as well as paperloss that is luckily not there. image
  • Options

<< <i>

I used to be an Emmitt collector and actually put the Cowboybilia autographed set together when it first came out. I have since sold off most of my Emmitt cards and memorabilia, but the only one I missed having was the Cowboybilia signature. Having picked this up at a nice price, I may put the set together again. >>

Nice snorto! I picked up the same Emmitt card around Christmas time. When you sold off your collection, were they raw or graded?

I'm just wondering if I bought any of your cards.
  • Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013

<< <i> I'm just wondering if I bought any of your cards. >>

Matt, my Emmitt collection was completely raw with the exception of the rookie cards, which I have kept. By the way, do you collect Emmitt memorabilia as well, or do you just focus on cards?

By the way, here are the Payton items I referenced in my previous post. First a pair of Walter Payton Kangaroos, new with tags:

An autographed Walter Payton HOF mini-helmet certified by the Walter Payton Foundation (WPF):

I already have one of these in my collection, but picked this one up with a low-ball bid over the July 4th holiday.

Enjoy the fleeting hours left, for Monday morning comes too soon.

Snorto~
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i> I'm just wondering if I bought any of your cards. >>

Matt, my Emmitt collection was completely raw with the exception of the rookie cards, which I have kept. By the way, do you collect Emmitt memorabilia as well, or do you just focus on cards? >>

Nice Payton stuff.

Right now, just cards. In the past I was doing helmets, jerseys and auto'd pics but since I started the registries, they kinda sucked me in image
  • Options
    Lawnmowerman, Nice Peyton Manning autograph!
  • Options
    not much this sunday....

Rolen RC refractor ($21)
  • Options
    $14
  • Options
    Carlos Lee international refractor rc $27
  • Options
    jamesryanbelljamesryanbell Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

<< <i>$14
    image >>

Wow, that's a really pretty 8.

-- Ryan Bell
  • Options
    thanks jamesryanbell

$150
  • Options
    An addition to the personal collection....

• Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Stayed up until 1:00 AM friday/Saturday to make sure I got this ($16.50). Payed for it mid Saturday morning and it showed up in the mailbox today - great seller

• Options
    Luis is going to win the HR derby next year...

Tiffany RC $21
  • Options
    Just got these in today...so now I can post a decent scan.

• Options
    Got this nice 52 Bowman Robin Roberts for my Phillies Collection....

• Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    This is one I have wanted for a while, finally got it in today.......

• Options

<< <i>Stayed up until 1:00 AM friday/Saturday to make sure I got this ($16.50) >>

zepp, justsnipe.com......shh don't tell anyone image
  • Options

<< <i>This is one I have wanted for a while, finally got it in today.......

image >>

SWEET - nice clean auto! VERY NICE! WELL DONE!
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This is one I have wanted for a while, finally got it in today.......

image >>

an absolute beauty! Congrats!
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    Super nice Maris...
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    New Braves psa/dna auto......

Jethroe won 2 batting titles in the Negro Leagues, hitting .393 one of the seasons, and a World Series with the Cleveland Buckeyes. He then became the first ever African American player for the Boston Braves and won the NL Rookie of the year at the age of 33. He also lead the MLB in stolen bases for a few years too even though he was in his mid 30s at the time.

Great card of a great player from an amazing set, and I'm very happy to be adding this to my collection!

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    I was looking at that Jethroe also Goot. Nice card. Congrats!
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496

<< <i>I was looking at that Jethroe also Goot. Nice card. Congrats! >>

Thanks for not outbidding me image
  • Options
    LOL sure! I am also impressed with the deep color on that Jethroe. I hope it looks like that for you in hand.
  • Options

Hmm..what will this Num Num Doby grade?

• Options
    Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭
    Fan Fest pick ups.

Brandon Moss game used bat.

And after 3 hours of standing in line, watching HOF'ers come and go, I got to meet Robin Roberts.

Looking for Carl Willey items.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    nice stuff

I need to get a GU bat for my wall sometime. Do those ever come in packs?

Matt - never bothered with sniping before but maybe I'll have to get an account at some point

• Options
    Just got this nice 1960 Jim Bunning for my collection today....

• Options
    ymareaymarea Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭
    I was finally able to upgrade my poorly centered Bradshaw 8 and replace it with this one:

Brett
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Got my Mastro Auction Win Today ! image

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Positively dynamite Joe D.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Barry
    That just may be the second greatest auto'd card I have ever seen! First was a 52 Mantle where someone had erased out the name and had Mickey auto in its place.

Great card! Please will it to me.