Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>At the same time I sold 2 of these cards, one for $160 and one for $180, i picked this up with a BIN of $100....
    a sub bump would be nice!

image >>

I do not collect any modern baseball anymore, but I love the Berkman. My favorite position player hands down.
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    Two more Carter Collection for my 51 set. The 33 Goudey I got from the BST here.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just finished looking at all the stuff posted recently and it's incredible!

Congratulations to all!

Scott - Rivera has a superb sig!

I picked this game up and am really not sure how the seller fully ID'ed it - there's no manufacturer that I can see on the box - but this is his description:

Major League Baseball Game - Philadelphia Game Mfg. Co., 1913 - the patent on the game is 1912 and nothing else to go on.

It's wood construction with cardboard inserts - the graphics for a very old game is not bad - I did have to clean it up a bit.

I couldn't fit this on a scanner very well but I wanted to give you an idea of the way the game looks:

This spinner is very large - about 12x16" - very cool!

Thanx for viewing - this is a fun place to visit - when I'm taking a break from posting, this is the first place I come to catch up - thanx!
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    Justed added this one to my collection today! ONe of my favorites

• Options

I really need to stop buying Superfractors
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496

<< <i>

I really need to stop buying Superfractors >>

That card is SWEET! I've always wanted to own one but even the lesser known players go for a ton of money. I saw the Jeff Niemann super at a card show once and I must say that they are awesome looking in person!
  • Options
    Ladder7Ladder7 Posts: 1,221
    I love that game stone. Are the bats pictures or wooden pegs for the game?
  • Options

<< <i>I love that game stone. Are the bats pictures or wooden pegs for the game? >>

Thanx!

The bats are part of the picture - there's wooden pegs that go with the game.

BTW - I also picked up an upgrade to a Parker Brothers 1908 Peg Baseball game - ironically for way less money!

Thanx for asking
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Just got these 2 HOF RC's back (Chuck apparently forgot what year he was inducted as he noted '69 on the card, but '67 on the other items he signed):

• Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    Mark - that is one heck of a mail day! Congrats on adding the Young USFL rookie (and a PSA 9 at that!) to your collection.

Love those low grade Gehrig and Hubbell... probably what I would be collecting if I collected baseball too.

Stone - you always have the coolest "stuff". How many known vintage baseball board games are there out there anyhow?

A pretty good mail week for me to kick off July. First up a HOFer RC for my beater 1935 National Chicle set, one of the key cards for my 1955 TAA set, and a couple nicely centered 1948 Leaf cards (including a short printed high number) for my set:

I was also pretty geeked to get a few more additions to my defunct football league ticket collection, the New York Knights from the WLAF (later retooled as the NFLE) and the Southern California Suns from the WFL.

Have a great 4th of July (even you Brits)!

Snorto~
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    A few recent pickups...

For 99 cents.... I always wanted one of these:

I took a chance on a seller with a feedback score of 1 and got this for $60:

Got this one on a BIN with the 20% cashback thing:

And, finally, my local dealer had a 4th of July sale, where I picked up these two:

My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options

<< <i> How many known vintage baseball board games are there out there anyhow? >>

Snort - my baseball memorabilia catalog has a small section with around 150 games - here's a good web site I use if I don't see the game in the price guide.

Thanx
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    Hiya Mike,

Where the heck have ya been?
  • Options
    Concerning the Sporting news..it's the first issue:....sorry meant to take a better initial scan

• Options
    Hi again Mike..looks like we travel in the same circle..
    Check your game cards...copyright is 1912 but cards indicate your game issue date:
  • Options
    Hi Mark

The new game I posted has very little with it - not in good condition and didn't pay much - there are no game cards or anything - just some pegs.

Very nice items! Thanx for sharing and happy 4th!
    mike
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>Hiya Mike,

Where the heck have ya been? >>

Hi Bobby

I usually take a break from time to time - that way it always stays fresh if ya know what I mean?

I would like to see more posts about the hobby and people exchanging ideas about what they're collecting.

Again - not trying to sound critical but there's way too many ebay threads - especially having to do with personal sales - in fact, I wouldn't mind if they had a separate forum for all ebay related discussions.

Happy 4th!
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Hiya Mike,

Where the heck have ya been? >>

Hi Bobby

I usually take a break from time to time - that way it always stays fresh if ya know what I mean?

I would like to see more posts about the hobby and people exchanging ideas about what they're collecting.

Again - not trying to sound critical but there's way too many ebay threads - especially having to do with personal sales - in fact, I wouldn't mind if they had a separate forum for all ebay related discussions.

Happy 4th!
    mike >>

Understood. Your optimism is certainly missed when you're AWOL though image Happy Fourth to you as well!!!
  • Options
    stone - from my short time here I find your posts and insight informative,helpful and very much positive. I think you are what is "right" about this hobby and I appreciate what you bring forth.

Take care all and have a happy holiday weekend. Rob
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Last few days worth of mail. Alot of these will go right into the master set but some will have to be added to the composite image

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Mike...

Congratulations on that T3 Eddie Collinsimage

I had it on my watchlist, but my snipe didn't register (it was too low)image

Steve
  • Options
    Is this page ever going to turn?
  • Options
    I posted some scans about 5 hours ago and the page has still not turned. I think this is a record for this thread.
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    More of this weeks mail box goodies...

imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage

Clear Skies,
    Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    T

U

R

N
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options

And last but not least. I have not rcieved this card yet but it is at the post office. They closed before could get there! So I will have to wait until Moday. Probaly my best pick up in a while!! I picked this one up from PoppaJ. Thanks again I can not wait to get it!

• Options
    Awesome cards guys!!
  • Options
    Piman58Piman58 Posts: 814 ✭✭
    These came today from LSUTigers 1973 and the BST board. He found them at a flea market.

Charles
  • Options
    TIFFANYs
    imageimage

on-card auto
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    It has been a slow couple of weeks, won this one:

• Options
    I was thrilled to get this card for my Garner collection

• Options
    Finally added another card to my 63F set - now at a whopping 68% after 4.5 yrs!

Centering just a good - but at about 55% SMR - can't complain.

Thanx for viewing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    ledstersledsters Posts: 603 ✭✭
    I picked up my first graded Hage's Dairy card image

• Options
  • Options
    No Bowmans this week:

• Options
    50/50/50/50!!

• Options
    I picked up a few more 53's for my set.

• Options
    Goodsport40Goodsport40 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭
    Great stuff, Matt.

Robert
  • Options
    Again - a real pleasure to view your additons!

I saw a great Koufax sig card, superb Mantles, Emmitts, Bowmans, FB cards etc!

I picked up this T3 from Joe - the pic is really nice - and in T3's - unless ya got money falling out of your pocket - borders are always gonna be just ok to poor.

Thanx for viewing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>unless ya got money falling out of your pocket - >>

He's got money coming out the wazoo!

You reminded of that superbowl commercial Mike image

Borders or not, that card is nice!

Matt
  • Options
    EDGAR #5/7 $37 ..................................................................... GOOSE $17
    imageimage
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

Newbie! image

Well, I overpaid ($100) for this but I was compelled to do it! Forces beyond my control! (The only 10 ever graded!) image

rd

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>unless ya got money falling out of your pocket - >>

He's got money coming out the wazoo!

You reminded of that superbowl commercial Mike image

Borders or not, that card is nice!

Matt >>

Thanx Matt!

rbdjr - that IS a sweet card! I assume you're doing the set?

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Outstanding P/U Mike

How is the 'take me out to the ballgame' job going?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    $67

Just missed this one ($2000 esnipe - sold $2052)
  • Options
    ToneDToneD Posts: 281 ✭✭✭
    So that was you who ran me up on the T206 Cobby. image Seriously, I have been wanting that card for a long time. I can't wait until I get it in my hands.
  • Options

<< <i>So that was you who ran me up on the T206 Cobby. image Seriously, I have been wanting that card for a long time. I can't wait until I get it in my hands. >>

Are you serious it's yours? That is one sweet card! CONGRATS!! I should have bid higher! I have had a couple before, but none that nice. If it makes you feel any better, my $2K snipe never went off because there was already a bid of $2027...

I don't know why the Green portrait is so much more sought after (must be more rare), but IMO the bat-off is the best looking cobb made (well except for maybe the turkey red)! I know the a bat-off is the one I want in my collection!
  • Options
    DrJDrJ Posts: 2,213
    A few recent additions to the PC....

• Options

<< <i>Outstanding P/U Mike

How is the 'take me out to the ballgame' job going?

Steve >>

Hi Steve

I just picked up two variations - I'm thinking of posting a collage of all the variations I now have.

Here's the tally:

The HOF has a catalogue of 11.

I have a catalogue of 23 variations with 2 of them being a variation of the same person.

I currently have 21 of the 23 variations.

Thanx for asking!
    mike
    Mike