Home Sports Talk
Options

Randy was Dandy

Comments

• Options
    Johnson is hardly done. Take away his performances against the Blue Jays this season and he is still dominant. It's pretty well-known here in Blue Jay land that the Jays have figured out a way to decipher what Johnson is going to throw. Somehow Johnson is unintentionally tipping his pitches. I would suspect it has to do with the fact that the Jays' manager is an ex-catcher (John Gibbons) and their bench coach (Ernie Whitt) is a former catcher. They have figured something out.
  • Options
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

BWAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! The Big Unic got shelled again!! image
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Johnson is hardly done. Take away his performances against the Blue Jays this season and he is still dominant. It's pretty well-known here in Blue Jay land that the Jays have figured out a way to decipher what Johnson is going to throw. Somehow Johnson is unintentionally tipping his pitches. I would suspect it has to do with the fact that the Jays' manager is an ex-catcher (John Gibbons) and their bench coach (Ernie Whitt) is a former catcher. They have figured something out. >>

image Dandy once more
  • Options
    Randy Johnson is the super hot chick in college that would only talk to you for your notes; and then one night 18 years later [and after 10 beers] you finally get her in bed only to see that she now has love handles and a rear like a wet couch cushion.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Where the freaking heck are Gemmy and MurcerFan? Why is it that Yanker fans NEVER show up when thier team visits the woodshed? I mean
    they just got OWNED, and yet, there are NO fans here!

JS

PS..It was the Unit's fault it was freaking Posada's fault LMAO
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Where are the yankee lovers tonight?

Hiding under their beds with their thumbs squarely in their mouths?

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    I have no problem saying the Yankees looked awful tonight. It's only one game...do we need to come on here for every game? Let the season go on and see who is laughing in the end.
  • Options

<< <i>I have no problem saying the Yankees looked awful tonight. It's only one game...do we need to come on here for every game? Let the season go on and see who is laughing in the end. >>

You guys sure are here when the chips are falling in your direction.

Tonight little unit got roasted by a good team...14-3! I thought the patriots and giants were playing.

• Options
    I dont see anyone on here every night the Yankees win but I sure see the Yankee haters here every time they lose. Trust me, you wont have as much opportunity to bash the Yankees this year as you wish...unless you continue your horse sh*t and keep making things up. Keep it real and I can deal with the Yankees losses...cuz I know I'll be smiling a hell of a lot more than not.
  • Options
    Well, I have to say, after watching the Yanks/Sox game last night that Johnson looks really old. Even in the post game interview he was somber. His control left him, his emotion (at least last night), was non existent, and after Arod made the first error, it looked as though Johnson didn't even want to be there any more. I guess it wasn't just me either and the new york papers noticed the same thing. Guys like Sherman, Viccaro and Lupica, not to mention the Boss, were all spouting bards. I still can't believe Arod got the MVP last year. He'll never be the player Oritz is, never.

Best,

Jim
    Vintage Baseball and Non Sports Collector
  • Options
    Writer11Writer11 Posts: 738
    "I still can't believe Arod got the MVP last year. He'll never be the player Oritz is, never."

I have to disagree with this. If you said, A-Rod may never be the CLUTCH player Ortiz is, then I might agree. But for sheer all-around skill, A-Rod is a far superior player.
  • Options
    I agree with Writer...how can you say that about Ortiz other than just being a Red Sox fan and a Yankees hater? It's ridiculous. Why do you think Ortiz is a DH? Cuz he SUCKS playing the field! Mo Vaughn all over again...just give it time.
  • Options
    That's problem with you Yankee fans, you always think we're yankee haters. Arod has never been a clutch player, his range is limited, (just look at last night), and he's not a leader and never has been. Oritz was far more valuable to his team than Arod. He led by example, he took the team on his back and always seemed be coming up with the big hit to put his team ahead or win the game, just ask the Yankees and Torre. That is the definition of MVP, not the best all around player. I don't see the same fear when Arod's name is mentioned, he's overrated and never lives up to his potential.
    Vintage Baseball and Non Sports Collector
  • Options
    I, for one, am glad Torre's answer for Big Papi was Mike Myers.....WRONG AGAIN
  • Options
    Writer11Writer11 Posts: 738

<< <i>That's problem with you Yankee fans, you always think we're yankee haters. Arod has never been a clutch player, his range is limited, (just look at last night), and he's not a leader and never has been. Oritz was far more valuable to his team than Arod. He led by example, he took the team on his back and always seemed be coming up with the big hit to put his team ahead or win the game, just ask the Yankees and Torre. That is the definition of MVP, not the best all around player. I don't see the same fear when Arod's name is mentioned, he's overrated and never lives up to his potential. >>

Just for the record, I'm a Blue Jays fan. But I do respect both the Yankee and Red Sox franchises.

I see what you're saying, although when you get into the "intangibles" argument, things become a little foggy. Believe me I know the damage Ortiz can do. He's been merciless on my Jays, but if I had to chose between Ortiz or A-Rod. I'd take A-Rod in a (pardon the pun) New York minute. I think most major league managers would as well.
  • Options

<< <i>That's problem with you Yankee fans, you always think we're yankee haters. Arod has never been a clutch player, his range is limited, (just look at last night), and he's not a leader and never has been. Oritz was far more valuable to his team than Arod. He led by example, he took the team on his back and always seemed be coming up with the big hit to put his team ahead or win the game, just ask the Yankees and Torre. That is the definition of MVP, not the best all around player. I don't see the same fear when Arod's name is mentioned, he's overrated and never lives up to his potential. >>

Ok, that has got to be one of the dumbest statements I have heard in a while. ARod has limited range? All of the anti-Yankees giving Jeter crap because ARod was the best SS in the game because of his defensive skills. Now you want to say he has no range and basically saying that his fielding sucks? HAHAHAHA....that's a JOKE!
    I'm not disagreeing with how clutch Ortiz is. Fact is he is still a DH. Has anyone forgotten that there has never been a DH named MVP? He has come the closest and my hat off to him for that...but I would still choose ARod to have on my team.
    Yes, ARod absolutely blew it last night...all of the Yankees did. It was no doubt a horrible performance. But when the smoke clears, we'll see who is on top. Everyone knows that isnt what is to be expected of ARod so before you jump on him try to pay attention to what point you are trying to make.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>but I would still choose ARod to have on my team. >>

Ironically, the Yanks are the only team that can afford his contract. Not being a Yankee hater, just stating fact.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Isnt it true that Yankees are paying only 14 mill/year on that contract and the rest is being paid for by the Rangers? I could certainly be wrong about that but I know they aren't picking up that full tab.
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I have no problem saying the Yankees looked awful tonight. It's only one game...do we need to come on here for every game? Let the season go on and see who is laughing in the end. >>

You guys sure are here when the chips are falling in your direction.

Tonight little unit got roasted by a good team...14-3! I thought the patriots and giants were playing. >>

The Yankees got their A$$ES handed to them...they looked like crap......Melky had no business being thrown into the fire again, and Randy looks older than some stuff Ive seen in the museum of natural history.........there ya go, a Yankees fan ranting after a bad game......all you haters happy ?? For the record, we dont need to come on here after every win, and frankly, we wouldnt even have a Yankees post to discuss wins or losses if not for all the pathetic NY and Yankee haters who have nothing better to do than start these posts.

Seriously.....some of you guys really need a life, or at least a thought regarding your own teams instead of endless babble about a team you obviously hate.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Its hillarious, the yankeeites are so in love with their team, they think everyone else hates them so much they are on our minds 24/7.

Comical.

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    <eyeroll>
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i><eyeroll> >>

What exactly did you edit, WP?
  • Options

<< <i>Its hillarious, the yankeeites are so in love with their team, they think everyone else hates them so much they are on our minds 24/7.

Comical. >>

What's comical is that every one else wants to comment on their losses. I'm not seeing "yankeeites" jumping on here talking about every game won and how every player performed every day. It's the ones who don't like the Yankees who are the obsessed ones.
  • Options

<< <i>What's comical is that every one else wants to comment on their losses. I'm not seeing "yankeeites" jumping on here talking about every game won and how every player performed every day. It's the ones who don't like the Yankees who are the obsessed ones. >>

That's because the alias we all knew as Spammy got bammed image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Its hillarious, the yankeeites are so in love with their team, they think everyone else hates them so much they are on our minds 24/7.

Comical. >>

What's comical is that every one else wants to comment on their losses. I'm not seeing "yankeeites" jumping on here talking about every game won and how every player performed every day. It's the ones who don't like the Yankees who are the obsessed ones. >>

Keep on spewing that crap. No one outside yankee land 'obssesses' about the yankees. I am sorry to disappoint you...our worlds don't revolve around the yankees (as much as you and your ilk would like to believe). It's this arrogrant mindset that makes it so fun to rub your noses in every loss, especially when 'we told you so' about little unit.

• Options
    Now THAT is funny! You definately could have fooled me Axhole! I don't think I have ever seen anyone MORE involved with the Yankees performance than you! You, yourself proves your own statement as incorrect! image
  • Options

<< <i>image
    Now THAT is funny! You definately could have fooled me Axhole! I don't think I have ever seen anyone MORE involved with the Yankees performance than you! You, yourself proves your own statement as incorrect! image >>

Please tell me how I proved myself incorrect, ya dope?

You won't be able to.

• Options
    Not difficult to prove at all....all the posts you make regarding the Yankees speak for themselves! image

Now that you have been proven wrong by a dope, what does that make you? Definately a word I'm not allowed to use on the message board! image
  • Options
    <<<not hiding in the woodshed tonight>>>
  • Options

<< <i>Not difficult to prove at all....all the posts you make regarding the Yankees speak for themselves! image

Now that you have been proven wrong by a dope, what does that make you? Definately a word I'm not allowed to use on the message board! image >>

The only thing you have 'proved' is your complete and total inability to put together a well thought out argument...all you do is image and think that's proof?

Hah. You yankee lovers are all the same...hide under the bed after little unit and the team gets absolutely pounded, then here in droves after a win.

What, did you go to the spammy school of 'fan'dom? You're only a 'fan' on winning days? Seems about right for a simple minded twit such as yourself.
  • Options
    Again Brianna Axhole, I will lay you to rest once again. Take a look back...I was here last evening when they lost too. Let's not again forget who just HAD to come here and discuss a Yankees loss. I see the Yanks fans here winning or losing. Just grinds on you when we are laid back about it, doesn't it. Are ya feeling it? Deep down in that spineless gut of yours? image
  • Options

<< <i>Again Brianna Axhole, I will lay you to rest once again. Take a look back...I was here last evening when they lost too. Let's not again forget who just HAD to come here and discuss a Yankees loss. I see the Yanks fans here winning or losing. Just grinds on you when we are laid back about it, doesn't it. Are ya feeling it? Deep down in that spineless gut of yours? image >>

Talk about spineless, if you are going to (attempt) to insult me, you should at least use your own deviation of my name. Brianna Axhole? Please, you are completely unoriginal! And that lame 'funny' emoticon? That's all you use! Again, unoriginal!

Grinds on me? No, as I have stated before, I find it comical when the team with (by far) the league's highest payroll struggles so mightily night in and night out. The yanks fans are not here winning or losing, as you attempt to state. They are here in droves after a win, vapor trails after a loss.

Look, yankeeowned, you are out of your league here. Watching 'yo momma' on mtv isn't going to make you any better at this.

• Options
    Axy, you need a image
  • Options
    Let's not forget these key numbers:

Pitchers IP H R ER BB SO HR PC-ST ERA
    Ra Johnson (L, 5-3) 3.2 5 7 2 5 3 0 92-49 5.01

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Considering this is a Randy Johnson thread - to get back on topic, he looks very ineffective. If he's not hurt (and I don't think he is, he's just not the same pitcher anymore) then the Yanks have no real shot this season of anything. Who's going to pitch for them? Mussina? That's about all that's left, and he's no big game pitcher either. I just don't get Yankee fan optimism about this season, but reality will hit soon enough.

How pathetic is it that Queen George is taking shots at A-Rod now?
  • Options

<< <i>Considering this is a Randy Johnson thread - to get back on topic, he looks very ineffective. If he's not hurt (and I don't think he is, he's just not the same pitcher anymore) then the Yanks have no real shot this season of anything. Who's going to pitch for them? Mussina? That's about all that's left, and he's no big game pitcher either. I just don't get Yankee fan optimism about this season, but reality will hit soon enough.

How pathetic is it that Queen George is taking shots at A-Rod now? >>

And I thought Aaron Small was going to play a big part, according to yankee apologists? After his debacle yesterday, a 14.40 ERA. Wow!

Wang, the pride of the yankees' farm system? Sporting a 4.83 ERA.

And why is George ripping Arod, the best player on his team (no, it's not Jeter). Arod had a bad game...he's human, it happens. But he's still the best player in the AL, and he had an off night. George needs to pull his head out.

• Options

Comical. >>

Well Ax, is it not you and a few select other idiots who continually, day in and day out post the majority of your messages in a NY related post ? If you and those fools want us to believe that you actually have something in your life other than the hatred of the yankees then perhaps you should try a post on YOUR team.

Of course Yankee fans love their team, thats what being a FAN is about. Is it so difficult to concetrate your energy on your own team ? By filling up all the NY posts you leave us nothing else to believe other than your obsession with Yankee hatred.
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    the team with (by far) the league's highest payroll

I did a google search and it claims Axhole has spewed that mindless stat over a million times.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    For all the Johnson bashers, consider Schilling's line last night:

Boston IP H R ER BB SO HR
    Schilling 5 8 6 6 2 5 3

Let's debate about whether Schilling is done.
  • Options
    Not necessary. Look at the way Schilling has pitched so far in 2006, and look at Johnson. Schilling's outing last night was one bad outing among mostly good ones - Johnson just looks average at best all the time now.
  • Options

<< <i> the team with (by far) the league's highest payroll

I did a google search and it claims Axhole has spewed that mindless stat over a million times.

Steve >>

Hey WP-

How is it mindless? Please refute the yankees NOT having the highest payroll, by a significant margin, over the second highest team.

It's not mindless...the only thing mindless is your utter devotion and outright lies in support of the yankees and mets.

• Options
    I agree - how is it mindless to state that the Yanks have a payroll that is nearly double of the team with the second highest payroll (Boston)? Yankee fans love to downplay this fact, but how can you ignore it? The gap is so large between the Yanks and the rest of baseball, that a huge competitive disparity exists - and you can't ignore that.
  • Options
    Jery

My point was that axhole has stated that fact a million times.

Another point I'd like to make is that Johnson gets bombed the other nite and the usual suspects are out in force mocking the yanks etc.

last nite Schilling got rocked and nary a word from the yankee faithful here.

can you say class?

The yank's fans here do not scream that the sox lost, yet had they won we all would have heard about it ad nauseum.

The fact remains that it i(the payroll) s used over and over and over. HELLO! the Yanks have almost always have had the highest payroll in MLB. Find something new to cry about.

I'll be the NY apologist as long as the anti yankee crap flows from certain jamokes mouths.

How is it mindless

It came from you that is how Axhole. you equate to that.

That answer ya?

but how can you ignore it?

I can't Axhole brings it up in almost every post he makes.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Another point I'd like to make is that Johnson gets bombed the other nite and the usual suspects are out in force mocking the yanks etc.

can you say class?

The yanks fans here do not scream that the sox lost yet had they won we all would have heard about it ad nauseum.

perhaps 'mindless' was not a good word to use. However the fact remains that it i(the payroll) s used over and over and over. HELLO! the Yanks have almost always have had the highest payroll in MLB. Find something new to cry about.

I'll be the NY apologist as long as the anti yankee crap flows from certain jamokes mouths.

Steve >>

Steve, the little nest of Yankee haters here have each others $hit all over their faces. Of course the Yankee fan is not gonna come yelling and screaming about a pitiful looking Curt Schilling or a Red Sox loss. Its the select few here who do the same exact thing that Yankee fans are bombarded for. Its plainly obvious

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options

<< <i>Jery

My point was that axhole has stated that fact a million times.

Another point I'd like to make is that Johnson gets bombed the other nite and the usual suspects are out in force mocking the yanks etc.

can you say class?

The yank's fans here do not scream that the sox lost, yet had they won we all would have heard about it ad nauseum.

The fact remains that it i(the payroll) s used over and over and over. HELLO! the Yanks have almost always have had the highest payroll in MLB. Find something new to cry about.

How is it mindless

It came from you that is how Axhole. you equate to that.

That answer ya?

but how can you ignore it?

I can't Axhole brings it up in almost every post he makes.

Steve >>

Spammy started it image

You know what's ironic; this is an old Spammy thread.
  • Options
    Yankee fans have class? Hah, when did that happen? They are an arrogant bunch who feel the yanks are somehow entitled to the postseason every year, simply because they can afford to buy the best players year in and year out.

And it's mindless to bring up the disparity between the yankees and the rest of the league in payroll? Not because Steinbrenner and co. want to win more, but because they have more resources. Every owner wants to win, queen george just has more resources with which to buy those wins.

It's no 'hating', it's not 'jealousy', its funny to me when the yankees, with their infinite money, can't piece together a decent pitching staff. How much is unit making this year? And he's sporting over a 5 ERA?

Small was supposed to be part of the yankee pitching revival (or so I heard), and his ERA is what, 14?

You guys make me smile. Thanks for being such easy marks.
  • Options
    Hey there,

I want to make sure that the Yankee fans are exonerated here. It was me, a Blue Jays fan, who brought up Schilling's bad outing last night. And no, I'm not saying the Blue Jays are better than the Red Sox.

My point wasn't to say Schilling is washed up, but just to say that I don't believe Johnson is either. But hey, what do I know? The Jays have a pitcher in their rotation that is 0-7 with a 10.09 ERA (Josh Towers - God love him. A good guy who has had to work for everything he has in MLB. I'm hoping for a turnaround.)
  • Options

<< <i>Yankee fans have class? Hah, when did that happen? They are an arrogant bunch who feel the yanks are somehow entitled to the postseason every year, simply because they can afford to buy the best players year in and year out.

And it's mindless to bring up the disparity between the yankees and the rest of the league in payroll? Not because Steinbrenner and co. want to win more, but because they have more resources. Every owner wants to win, queen george just has more resources with which to buy those wins.

It's no 'hating', it's not 'jealousy', its funny to me when the yankees, with their infinite money, can't piece together a decent pitching staff. How much is unit making this year? And he's sporting over a 5 ERA?

Small was supposed to be part of the yankee pitching revival (or so I heard), and his ERA is what, 14?

You guys make me smile. Thanks for being such easy marks. >>

Once again your little mind has confused personal opinion with fact AXHOLE. Can you please give me an example of an arrogant fan who believes the Yankees are " entitled " to the post season as you claim ?

All the money in the world cant buy pitching when there is no pitching to go after. They certainly upgraded where they could, as any team would with the resources available.

And yes Ax, Yankee fans do have class, as do many fans of many other teams. You and a few select others define the meaning of classless. You have nothing better to do than rant over and over and over about your hatred. Is that class ? Im curious as to your definition of class. To me class would be the opposite of putting down someone every chance they get. To me class is admiring a good performance whether its by someone you like or dislike. By that definition, you have zero class. Pointing out every minute flaw and mistake made by a team or player is NOT class. Keeping your annoying trap shut when you have nothing but hatred to spew IS class.
    -- Yogi Berra