Home Sports Talk
Options

Randy was Dandy

We Yankee fans love when our $200+ Million team performs. LOL

Comments

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    And the big unit still has a BIG era of over 4!

What a great investment!
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990
    Yeah, keep checking that ERA to validate your anti-Yankee existence. Please come back often.
  • Options

<< <i>Yeah, keep checking that ERA to validate your anti-Yankee existence. Please come back often. >>

And keep posting only when 'your' yankees win to validate your supposed being a fan of them. And in case you didn't know, ERA is the single most determining factor of a pitcher's ability. I don't care about K's, or run support, hell even wins and losses can be skewed. ERA is the only stat is solely determined by a pitcher. Just because the yankees were able to put up a bunch of runs today doesn't mean anything. Unit allowed only one run and his ERA is still over 4. That is SOLELY on his shoulders...not his team's, not Torre's...no one but Unit.

You saying otherwise just proves how truly ignorant you are (as if your post saying Tino Martinez should be in the hall didn't prove that already).
  • Options

<< <i>We Yankee fans love when our $200+ Million team performs. LOL >>

While the old man Jamie Moyer is now 4-0 with an era of 2.53.

• Options
    <<ERA is the single most determining factor of a pitcher's ability>>

DUH!!!!

That is why Randy Johnson should have won the Cy Young Over Clemens last year even though Clemens had a great year. Johnson had a 2.60 ERA and Clemens a 2.98 but Randy still won 16 of the Diamondback's 51 wins.
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    Heh, Randy is just rediscovering how much harder it is to pitch in the AL East, especially in NY. It's no wonder Clemens got so much better after leaving to the NL.
  • Options
    Mac53Mac53 Posts: 805
    Oh, I don't know. It just takes older guys a little longer to warm up. Believe me, I know. Unit will still dominate, once the weather gets hot.
    "Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well."image
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Let's not overreact about the Unit finding his stride. He is too good not to find his groove. Brown will soon follow along with Mussina and Pavano. Wright is....hurt.

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    It's about time he earned his dough.
  • Options
    Question:

What does $16 million get you?

You get a 40 something pitcher, with an ERA of nearly 4 and a 6-5 record.

Yep, fits in perfect with the yankees!
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Uh correct me if I'm wrong but the Yanks are still sub .500, in fourth place in the AL East (8th overall in the AL), and have a $208,306,817 payroll.. Right?
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Right, you are good with numbers.

There should be a salary cap, no question about it, but not having one is not going to change who I have been rooting for since 1969.
  • Options

<< <i>Right, you are good with numbers.

There should be a salary cap, no question about it, but not having one is not going to change who I have been rooting for since 1969. >>

Rooting for when times are good and a ghost when times are bad.

No posts while they suck, but you're here 5 minutes after they win over the cardinals?

Come on now spammy..admit your fair-weatheredness!!!
  • Options

People on the board know I am here during good times and bad. You are all wet. I don't have to justify my allegiance to anyone. Why do I waste my electrons on you.

You are image
  • Options

<< <i>image

People on the board know I am here during good times and bad. You are all wet. I don't have to justify my allegiance to anyone. Why do I waste my electrons on you.

You are image >>

You know why you do? Because like every other fair-weathered fan, you attempt to justify and show yourself as a 'true' fan by saying how long you've been a fan, how you've liked them since such-and-such year, etc.

Your posting patterns show me and the rest of this forum's readers just how fair-weathered you really are, spamboy.

• Options
    It's one thing being passionate/spamming about one's favorite team. It's another for a person to take pleasure in trying to prove someone is a fair weathered fan even though all facts point to the contrary. You are image
  • Options
    DRays are taking him out back!
  • Options
    Wow 7 runs in 3 innings...to the D-Rays...watch that ERA balloon up over 4 again!

And he's given up 3 HRs? 16 for the year...
  • Options
    Not today!
    Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>Yeah, keep checking that ERA to validate your anti-Yankee existence. Please come back often. >>

As of july 1st, 2005:

Randy Johnson: 7-6, 4.24 (!!!!) ERA.

What happened to your little caption, spam boy, that said something about his era going to 3 soon?

• Options

• Options
    What is the point of posting the score of the Red Sox game Friday night in a Randy Johnson thread? Man, you are way off again per usual - it would be like me posting this gem in every thread -

• Options

<< <i>What is the point of posting the score of the Red Sox game Friday night in a Randy Johnson thread? Man, you are way off again per usual - it would be like me posting this gem in every thread -

image >>

Or how about posting the sweep of the yankees by the much maligned and understaffed tampa bay devil rays?

The spam boy is going to have a lot of crying in his beers to do this summer, and it's only going to get worse as 'his' giants are going to suffer through another abysmal year with
    Eli at the helm.

Oh what a joy to see the most overhyped franchises suffer so!

How soon till we see a Mets logo in the spam boy's signature line?
  • Options

<< <i>How soon till we see a Mets logo in the spam boy's signature line? >>

Soon enough - my bet is little pictures of Pedro, Beltran, Reyes, and Wright are not too far away.
  • Options

Yes he was.

Those Sox are having are having a tough time with those Tampa folks.
  • Options

<< <i>Yes he was.

Those Sox are having are having a tough time with those Tampa folks. >>

They said on TBS that Clement got hit in the face with a ball and had to leave the game...
  • Options

<<had to lose the game...>>

Freudian slip? Yes, he left the game. It was scary as he was out cold for a few minutes.

WOW, Schilling almost blew it again.
  • Options
    lol... you know what i meant... but freudian indeed since when i checked up on it, i found tb scored 5 in the inning he got hurt.
  • Options

<< <i>Those Sox are having are having a tough time with those Tampa folks. >>

Another premature spamulation, eh?
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

No I posted this after the Sox won. Do your freaking homework!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Do your freaking homework!!!! >>

Pot meet kettle.. Mr. I've Been Following Baseball Since 1969 (allegedly).
  • Options
    The Sox game tonight was a roller coaster ride - I just hope Clement is okay. He took a line drive right to his face, and hit the ground like a ton of bricks. According to reports, he never lost consciousness, and is aware of what happened to him.

Sorry to hijack the thread Spammy, but no one was that interested in the Yankee spam anyway...
  • Options

I hope he is all right. Pavano got hit in the head with a line drive earlier this year. Hmmm...he has never been the same since then.
  • Options
    I remember the Pavano play - just like this one, a very scary moment. I am amazed that this kind of thing doesn't occur more often, especially with the proximity of the mound to the plate. In any event, I hope he is okay as well.
  • Options

<<I am amazed that this kind of thing doesn't occur more often>>

Me too.
  • Options
    4 innings, 6 runs, and another HR!

I bet he leads the league in home runs allowed.
  • Options
    Awful again - the "Big Unit" has truly been a disappointment, hasn't he?

Okay, now I'm worried - where's Spammy? It's been days - someone go check under the bed, please!
  • Options
    I love it when someone steals home, especially against the Yankees.
    Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

• Options

<< <i>Awful again - the "Big Unit" has truly been a disappointment, hasn't he?

Okay, now I'm worried - where's Spammy? It's been days - someone go check under the bed, please! >>

Is Joe D, Mr. Yankee Fan on WTIC, still calling him the "Big Useless"? image
  • Options
    ejected
  • Options

<< <i>ejected >>

Wow you have to wonder what he's thinking...it's just like Trotter getting ejected. You know better, and you know your team needs you, and you go and do something stupid like getting ejected early?

Lame.
  • Options
    Might turn out to be a good thing. Young stud fast ball pitcher Scott Proctor came in and is mowing down the Blue Jays. Also, it looks like Randy's ploy got Robby Cano all riled up. image

I'm lovin it.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>ejected >>

Wow you have to wonder what he's thinking...it's just like Trotter getting ejected. You know better, and you know your team needs you, and you go and do something stupid like getting ejected early?

Lame. >>

Hey, he pulled a Kevin Brown! Nothing has changed - just the names of the players...
  • Options

LOL. Who dat breathing down the Sox necks? Who dat?
  • Options
    You guys should be ashamed of yourselves...up 11-3 against the Jays, only to hang on for an ugly 11-10 "win".

And, Johnson getting ejected was pathetic. Such a big game, and he has to learn to control his temper.
  • Options

His temper is what makes Randy Johnson who he is. He is just getting ready for the playoffs. Yes, sloppy game but you can't say the way the Sox won tonight was very elegant either. image
  • Options
    randy's back image