Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Isn't it time to let this five-year-old thread just ... die?

Comments

• Options
    mirabela, I'm happy for you!

• Options

<< <i>Well I have taken the time to consider this board as you have suggested. I have decided that there is no intelligent life here. >>

Poe, I'm no genius, but at least I'm smart enough not to buy anything from you after reading this thread.

Proverbs 20:23
    Romans 10:9 - It's not too late. image

• Options
    rottnrogrottnrog Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

Me Too !!

• Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Email this morning -- provide PayPal with proof it's been sent back, and they refund in full, w/ S&H. Quite a hassle and $43 the poorer for the education this whole mess was.... >>

Good. As you implied, consider this $43 as "tuition" toward a numismatic education! Still, since I'm sure you overpaid on the coin by far more than $43 given its actual condition, I'd say "way to go!"
  • Options
    Catch22Catch22 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭
    Hey Catfish, if you hurry you might be able to snap that puppy up before someone else does!

Marabela, congratulations and thank you from many of us honest ebayers.

When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary.

Thomas Paine
  • Options
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Wonderful.
    Young Numismatist that collects: Morgan Dollars, SAE, Proof Sets, and Liberty Nickels.
    I also love to go through rolls to find coins.
    BST
    MySlabbedCoins
  • Options
    Hello Everyone
    I have been notified by PayPal that although I am not at fault, they are now required by law to refund any payment on items purchased on the internet when the item is returned in its original condition! As recommended by PayPal, I will file civil suit. In the interim, PayPal’s out of court settlement makes it simple for you to continue to scam anybody you choose on eBay!

Joe!
  • Options
    and that is what you did. You scammed someone!
    Young Numismatist that collects: Morgan Dollars, SAE, Proof Sets, and Liberty Nickels.
    I also love to go through rolls to find coins.
    BST
    MySlabbedCoins
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295

<< <i>Hello Everyone
    I have been notified by PayPal that although I am not at fault, they are now required by law to refund any payment on items purchased on the internet when the item is returned in its original condition! As recommended by PayPal, I will file civil suit. In the interim, PayPal’s out of court settlement makes it simple for you to continue to scam anybody you choose on eBay!

Joe! >>

You are a baldfaced liar. PayPal does not send an email like that when they find against a seller for delivering an item that is severely misrepresented. If you weren't so pathetic, you would be funny.

You got what you deserved scumbag.
  • Options

PayPal cannot reccomend you file a civil suit...to do so would be tantamount to offering legal advice, which they most certainly would never do. They also do not indicate any judgement as to who was at fault, to do so would set themselves up to be brought in for legal action.

Gotta do better than that one.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>As recommended by PayPal, I will file civil suit. >>

BTW, moron, quit using one of my icons for your forum avatar.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>Hello Everyone I have been notified by PayPal that although I am not at fault, they are now required by law to refund any payment on items purchased on the internet when the item is returned in its original condition! As recommended by PayPal, I will file civil suit. In the interim, PayPal’s out of court settlement makes it simple for you to continue to scam anybody you choose on eBay! Joe! >>

Please post the email you received from PayPal.com

I am sure we all would like to see where they:
    1. State you are not at fault
    2. Recommend you file civil suit
    Dave - Durham, NC
  • Options

<< <i>Please post the email you received from PayPal.com >>

And include the full headers. Do so quickly, though, so we know you haven't had time to have your buddy catfish dummy them up. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>Please post the email you received from PayPal.com

I am sure we all would like to see where they:
    1. State you are not at fault
    2. Recommend you file civil suit >>

I could believe #1 if poe58's explanation was a bad paraphrase of "while we are not assessing blame to anyone..." (which wouldn't surprise me) -- but there's no way I believe #2 happened. PayPal isn't about to give legal advice. I've never seen anything like this, and while I could be persuaded to believe that they may say something like "if you believe you have been wronged, consider hiring an attorney for possible legal action," there's NO way they dispense outright legal advice telling anyone what they SHOULD do legally.
  • Options

<< <i>Please post the email you received from PayPal.com >>

Don't hold your breath. He won't post it because he never received an email with such wording, and if he did post a supposed email like that, PayPal would tell you that they don't send account holders emails like that.
  • Options
    Hello K6AZ
    If your IQ were high enough you might learn to use a telephone. I did this morning. The follow up email (from PayPal) will be sent to Matthew! They did not find that I misrepresented the item! Only a fool speaks of things he doesn’t know. In this case, that is what you have done!

Joe
  • Options
    Yeah right, you are a con artist. PayPal does not send emails such as you quoted. You can continue with this all you want, but you have been exposed for the coin fraud that you are. You lost, and you are still here trying to save face with some pretty outlandish statements. Give it up before you really hurt yourself.
  • Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aside from this being Fri eve and all, is there any way we can simply ignore Poe? I mean, it's not anyone here really takes him seriously...

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    My perspective on this is based off of Matt and Poe's posts, Paypal is riding the fence in the hopes they will ensure that they continue to receive fees from both Poe and matt. Congratulations, Matt and sorry to hear you are out the $43.00
    Member Steamfitters Local 614
    USMC Veteran 1981-1992
    Cold War Veteran

It's truly funny, no make that truly sad, that people in this day and age are so wrapped up in their own little world that they refuse to try and teach someone else the correct or accepted way of doing things.
  • Options
    My perspective on this

is warped beyond comprehension.
    Realtime National Debt Clock:

• Options

<< <i>Aside from this being Fri eve and all, is there any way we can simply ignore Poe? I mean, it's not anyone here really takes him seriously... >>

Are you kidding? I've only been here for about 6-7 weeks, but so far it's been pretty consistent that the best flame wars come on Friday nights... image
  • Options
    Hello K6
    You make another foolish error. You presume that I care what you think. I do not. I am also sure that you know more than you wish your friends here to know. I am fairly certain that you are aware of the documents that were faxed to PayPal this morning, and what they contained. At best you’re a fool at worst you are a liar and a thief!
    Joe
  • Options
    At best you’re a fool at worst you are a liar and a thief!

Keep on flapping. Please do.

• Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At best you’re a fool at worst you are a liar and a thief!

Ok, so I'm guilty of not following my own advice...

I am wondering how Eric can be a thief simply because he very strongly and vociferously disagrees with Poe?

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    Poe,

Quit using my icon. I don't want it associated with a slimeball.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Wow, this may make 500! MBT will be so jealous.
    USMC Veteran 1981-1992
    Cold War Veteran

It's truly funny, no make that truly sad, that people in this day and age are so wrapped up in their own little world that they refuse to try and teach someone else the correct or accepted way of doing things.
  • Options
    flaminioflaminio Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭
    Hey, poe58. This is for you, 'cause you got OWNED:

• Options
    So K6 you still in Bed with Matt? If not, flaminio may be your type!
  • Options

• Options

<< <i>So K6 you still in Bed with Matt? If not, flaminio may be your type! >>

Thank you for showing your true colors. You are a sore loser, and you are only making matters worse by acting like a juvenile here.
  • Options
    sTONERsTONER Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭
    this is koolimage,,STEVE
    toner loner
  • Options
    A note to newbies on eBay....
    You should review this before you continue on your campaign. Pay particular attention to statement #3 in the list.
    USMC Veteran 1981-1992
    Cold War Veteran

• Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    God, I went away for a week and a half vacation, and this post is STILL going on!!!! image
    Poe, it's amazing to me the amount of bad PR you've given yourself in this thread- coin collectors are rightfully picky and discerning, and you've given so many of us a multitude of reasons to avoid anything that you're selling........
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    What you failed to understand Myqqy is that Pr is Pr. Good or bad there are more people buying from me than ever! Just because this group helps a con man, yes I am referring to you Matt, doesn't mean that everyone here is fraud! Keep up the good work. I can use the business!

• Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    499 image
  • Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
  • Options

<< <i>500 >>

Hmm, how many other threads have gone that far?
    USMC Veteran 1981-1992
    Cold War Veteran

• Options
    This is a thread that has raveled to its end--let it go!!!!!!image
    Curmudgeon in waiting!
  • Options
    See I told you all we could make 500! LOL

I would like to thank you all. This means I am in the forum hall of fame for sure!
  • Options

<< <i>See I told you all we could make 500! LOL

I would like to thank you all. This means I am in the forum hall of fame for sure! >>

I just think its facinating that a thread that starts with

<< <i> OK, I got stupid >>

could get this far!
    USMC Veteran 1981-1992
    Cold War Veteran

• Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,762 ✭✭✭✭
    I just finished reading this ENTIRE THREAD and all I have to show for it is a splitting headache!

Ok, and a couple of laughs along the way.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    poe and catfish must go
    poe and catfish must go
    poe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must go
    Michael
  • Options

<< <i>poe and catfish must go
    poe and catfish must go
    poe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must gopoe and catfish must go >>

I was PM'd and ask to stay. So I am.
    USMC Veteran 1981-1992
    Cold War Veteran

• Options
    XpipedreamR,

Thanks for finding the listing and linking. After seeing the photo, it is plain to even my not so very well trained eyes, that the scratching IS visible most plainly to the right side of the obverse. The camera angle and lighting do hide a lot of it, but not all. I have purchased quite a few 'bodybagged' coins over the years, (all of them identified as such by the sellers), so I've become fairly adept at spotting them when I see them in auction photos. The damage mirrors that on my 1892 Barber Quarter which would likely get a MS 66-67 grade if not for the fact that it looks as though it was scrubbed with a soft bristle toothbrush in almost exactly the same places where the scratching is evident on this coin.

Shame on the seller for trying to pass this off as something other than what it was, but I have to say, if a less experienced collector like myself can see the scratches, why couldn't the buyer? (No offense intended)

The rim nick is blatant. Even a newb could see that. IMO the buyer is being too conservative in the amount that he feels this detracts from the coin. If it was just the rim nick alone, even without the scratches, I still wouldn't pay a MS price for this coin.

Oh, and just to maintain peace, goodwill and harmony, the above was not intended to berate or belittle anybody, it is just an expression of my opinion. We all have gotten taken a time or two by people like this, so let's not get into a big war over it, OK? image
  • Options
    mirabelamirabela Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No problem. Funds recovered today. And this in my box from PayPal:

Dear Matthew Dickstein,

We have concluded our investigation of your Buyer Complaint.

------------------------------
    Complaint Details
    ------------------------------

Transaction Date: Jul. 29, 2004
    Transaction Amount: -$175.00 USD
    Case Number: PP-044-759-253
    Seller's Name: Joe Byrom
    Seller's Email: poe12958@charter.net

We have determined that the seller is at fault, and as a result, we have
    attempted to recover your funds.

You can also be assured that we will take appropriate action against the
    seller in this case. Actions may include issuing a warning, a temporary
    limitation, or terminating their account. PayPal uses a number of factors
    to determine what type of action to take, including member complaints. Due
    to privacy laws, we are unable to discuss the details of any action. We
    hope you understand our policy, and that it ensures you are safe when using
    PayPal.

We appreciate your business, and regret this experience.

(etc.)

All info forwarded to Belpre police department & US postal inspector. <--- edited to add: that there isn't PayPal. It's me.
    mirabela
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    We have determined that the seller is at fault

Thanks for the update. I wonder how lax the "appropriate action" is going to be? image
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
This discussion has been closed.