@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@craig44 said:
    I am definitely not rooting against Mac, but my confidence in him is not high either. I would be willing to give him another chance with a real OC, but that would be it as far as I am concerned

Well I'm with you but have zero faith in Bill Obrien to be honest, plus if Bill is not a fan of this kid then the drama is just going to get worse

Well that one year that BoB did run the Pats offense in 2011 they finished with the 10th (at the time) highest scoring offense in history but since then that 2011 team has fallen to 17th best all time. He's not Josh McDaniels but imo he's not far behind him when it comes to running an offense.
    If we're being honest,he really doesn't need to pull any miracles here with this team just come in and do a steady job while helping to develop Mac. Where both Patricia & Judge had never run an offense before,by adding BoB its already been an improvement. BB stills needs to add another playmaker or two at the WR/TE positions though even if it means trading back in the first to add some additional picks.

Sure I get the BoB doing well with Brady and Co but he turned Houston into an utter disaster, I just can't see him having the patience to deal with Mac while Hoodie is barking at him, like Mac could be putting BoB and Hoodie at odds and all this could add to the drama but who knows what's really going on.

As I said I don't expect a Playoff appearance especially if Rodgers comes to the Jets, the AFC East could be one of the toughest divisions in the NFL with the Pats looking up at everyone

But in Houston he was the head coach and in an entirely different role. Some coordinators that have been great here then went elsewhere and weren't that good as the HC...BoB,McDaniels,Patricia,Judge,Romeo Crennel,Charlie Weis. Running a certain unit is an entirely different beast than being responsible for everything.

I thing the BB barking at Mac stuff has been way overblown,in fact its really been the exact opposite where it came out that he didn't want to do that with Mac like he did with Brady. With Tom it was, he treats Brady like he does everyone else and Brady had no problem with that if it helped keep the team in line.
    We know Belichick didn't like that Mac went for advice outside of the team but that all came out after the season ended so there never was a retaliation moment from BB towards Mac.

As for your last part,then so be it. This will be the fourth season removed from Brady and we knew all along that there wasn't going to be a quick flip back to being a top 1-3 contender in football. Last year was a setback but so far this offseason they've done a good job to this point at improving the coaching staff and roster.
    IMO,the only real needs heading into the draft are a starting caliber Tackle,a talented WR and a rotational CB. One more pass catching TE and a late round punter would be nice too.

After I posted I realized that BoB was the HC not the OC so maybe your right

As far as Hoodie vs Mac and their drama if thete id any lets hope it gets sorted out before training camp

If we see BoB call three straight screen passes then I'll grab my stake & pitchfork and we can head down to Foxboro. 😉

I'm taking a break from the dishes. I tend to be overly slow with these sorts of tasks. Anyway, let me know if we are doing some sort of football related civil disobedience at Foxboro. Give me some advance notice so I can make my way North. Thank you in advance. 😜🏈 💣⚔️🚔👀🤬🤦🙁

That all depends on if our fearless leader lets everything go t!ts up again. 👿

One of my main disappointments of the post Brady years has been the sloppiness of the team and seeming lack of situational preparation, etc. The fundamentals and discipline are what always buoyed the team. I imagine there has been a lack of effort and buy in. That happens when the team is not winning and the expectation is no longer SB or bust. Still, I also imagine that sone of this is top down, meaning as a direct result of changes to Belichick's attitude, or ability to control guys, or...

I think most of that has to do with losing Brady,who was like another OC on the field,then losing McDaniels. That was alot of stability at the top who had literally been in every situation possible on offense,then last season we had 2nd year Mac and two coaches in Patricia & Judge who had never been in that OC role before.

The offensive side of the ball didn't have that veteran type voice to turn too like it had in the past. James White was closest to possibly taking on that role but he retired early last season. Ideally we'd like to see Mac take the reins but between the team dropping the ball on his development in year two and getting injured only to return to then get benched first game made it hard for him to take on that leadership role.

The Mac benching was wild.

Anyone remember the movie Brewster's Millions? 1985. John Candy. Richard Pryor. Looking it up just now, I was shocked to see how many versions were made throughout the 20th century prior to that one. Anyway, in the movie (as far as I recall) Richard Pryor has to spend 30 million to get 300 million. But there are rules. He can't just give it away, etc, and he can't tell people what he's doing. So as the movie goes on, he looks like he is just wasting away the money. He is forced to find ways to lose it. Anyway ...

Thinking about Belichick and the Pats reminded me of this. Imagine Belichick is tasked with giving away his legacy, and position of respect within the team. What decisions would he make? Bench Mac like he did? Bring in Patricia? Judge? Etc. Etc. And what is he doing it for? 🤷🏈🤬🤣

That was a great movie. I don't think that BB is trying to throw away his legacy just that he was giving jobs to two of his guys. Had they had someone like Cam or some journeyman QB starting for them, having those two guys trying to run the offense wouldn't have been as bad as it was,imo. Instead this was supposed to be year two into Mac's development and they all dropped the ball on making that happen.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@craig44 said:
    I am definitely not rooting against Mac, but my confidence in him is not high either. I would be willing to give him another chance with a real OC, but that would be it as far as I am concerned

Well I'm with you but have zero faith in Bill Obrien to be honest, plus if Bill is not a fan of this kid then the drama is just going to get worse

Well that one year that BoB did run the Pats offense in 2011 they finished with the 10th (at the time) highest scoring offense in history but since then that 2011 team has fallen to 17th best all time. He's not Josh McDaniels but imo he's not far behind him when it comes to running an offense.
    If we're being honest,he really doesn't need to pull any miracles here with this team just come in and do a steady job while helping to develop Mac. Where both Patricia & Judge had never run an offense before,by adding BoB its already been an improvement. BB stills needs to add another playmaker or two at the WR/TE positions though even if it means trading back in the first to add some additional picks.

Sure I get the BoB doing well with Brady and Co but he turned Houston into an utter disaster, I just can't see him having the patience to deal with Mac while Hoodie is barking at him, like Mac could be putting BoB and Hoodie at odds and all this could add to the drama but who knows what's really going on.

As I said I don't expect a Playoff appearance especially if Rodgers comes to the Jets, the AFC East could be one of the toughest divisions in the NFL with the Pats looking up at everyone

But in Houston he was the head coach and in an entirely different role. Some coordinators that have been great here then went elsewhere and weren't that good as the HC...BoB,McDaniels,Patricia,Judge,Romeo Crennel,Charlie Weis. Running a certain unit is an entirely different beast than being responsible for everything.

I thing the BB barking at Mac stuff has been way overblown,in fact its really been the exact opposite where it came out that he didn't want to do that with Mac like he did with Brady. With Tom it was, he treats Brady like he does everyone else and Brady had no problem with that if it helped keep the team in line.
    We know Belichick didn't like that Mac went for advice outside of the team but that all came out after the season ended so there never was a retaliation moment from BB towards Mac.

As for your last part,then so be it. This will be the fourth season removed from Brady and we knew all along that there wasn't going to be a quick flip back to being a top 1-3 contender in football. Last year was a setback but so far this offseason they've done a good job to this point at improving the coaching staff and roster.
    IMO,the only real needs heading into the draft are a starting caliber Tackle,a talented WR and a rotational CB. One more pass catching TE and a late round punter would be nice too.

As far as Hoodie vs Mac and their drama if thete id any lets hope it gets sorted out before training camp

If we see BoB call three straight screen passes then I'll grab my stake & pitchfork and we can head down to Foxboro. 😉

I'm taking a break from the dishes. I tend to be overly slow with these sorts of tasks. Anyway, let me know if we are doing some sort of football related civil disobedience at Foxboro. Give me some advance notice so I can make my way North. Thank you in advance. 😜🏈 💣⚔️🚔👀🤬🤦🙁

One of my main disappointments of the post Brady years has been the sloppiness of the team and seeming lack of situational preparation, etc. The fundamentals and discipline are what always buoyed the team. I imagine there has been a lack of effort and buy in. That happens when the team is not winning and the expectation is no longer SB or bust. Still, I also imagine that sone of this is top down, meaning as a direct result of changes to Belichick's attitude, or ability to control guys, or...

I think most of that has to do with losing Brady,who was like another OC on the field,then losing McDaniels. That was alot of stability at the top who had literally been in every situation possible on offense,then last season we had 2nd year Mac and two coaches in Patricia & Judge who had never been in that OC role before.

The offensive side of the ball didn't have that veteran type voice to turn too like it had in the past. James White was closest to possibly taking on that role but he retired early last season. Ideally we'd like to see Mac take the reins but between the team dropping the ball on his development in year two and getting injured only to return to then get benched first game made it hard for him to take on that leadership role.

Anyone remember the movie Brewster's Millions? 1985. John Candy. Richard Pryor. Looking it up just now, I was shocked to see how many versions were made throughout the 20th century prior to that one. Anyway, in the movie (as far as I recall) Richard Pryor has to spend 30 million to get 300 million. But there are rules. He can't just give it away, etc, and he can't tell people what he's doing. So as the movie goes on, he looks like he is just wasting away the money. He is forced to find ways to lose it. Anyway ...

Thinking about Belichick and the Pats reminded me of this. Imagine Belichick is tasked with giving away his legacy, and position of respect within the team. What decisions would he make? Bench Mac like he did? Bring in Patricia? Judge? Etc. Etc. And what is he doing it for? 🤷🏈🤬🤣

That was a great movie. I don't think that BB is trying to throw away his legacy just that he was giving jobs to two of his guys. Had they had someone like Cam or some journeyman QB starting for them, having those two guys trying to run the offense wouldn't have been as bad as it was,imo. Instead this was supposed to be year two into Mac's development and they all dropped the ball on making that happen.

Re-reading my comment, I see that it was ill-worded. Yes, it was a funny movie as I recall. Though I don't think I've seen it since last century.

Belichick seemed to make every mistake in the book when it comes to developing a young QB. I still hold out sone hope, but that hope is lessened by what I hear from Belichick now. He used to be hard on Brady in practice and sort of treat him like everyone else in the media. Then with Mac, at first it seemed like the pendulum had swung. But now it sounds as though Belichick is going to not give him much love. I'm not sure where this is leading, but ...

I do know that BB needs the wins record. He will make that happen. He might be feeling a little pressure, as in he's not going to be allowed to take three years to do it, because if he didn't get it in two that means we weren't very good and he might not be here for another year just to get it. And that would be crazy ...if he needs a few wins and has to sign on with another team for it. I'm just saying, you never know. I hope not.

I hope the MacAttack is back and our defense is super-solid and special teams are tight and mistake free.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@craig44 said:

Re-reading my comment, I see that it was ill-worded. Yes, it was a funny movie as I recall. Though I don't think I've seen it since last century.

Belichick seemed to make every mistake in the book when it comes to developing a young QB. I still hold out sone hope, but that hope is lessened by what I hear from Belichick now. He used to be hard on Brady in practice and sort of treat him like everyone else in the media. Then with Mac, at first it seemed like the pendulum had swung. But now it sounds as though Belichick is going to not give him much love. I'm not sure where this is leading, but ...

I do know that BB needs the wins record. He will make that happen. He might be feeling a little pressure, as in he's not going to be allowed to take three years to do it, because if he didn't get it in two that means we weren't very good and he might not be here for another year just to get it. And that would be crazy ...if he needs a few wins and has to sign on with another team for it. I'm just saying, you never know. I hope not.

I hope the MacAttack is back and our defense is super-solid and special teams are tight and mistake free.

Honestly,I think that Bill is here until he breaks Shula's record and the only way that he's not is if they have a really really down year, I'm talking like a 2-15/3-14 type of season. (although I wouldn't mind seeing this for a year or two so that they could load up on high end talent in the draft.) I don't see Kraft moving on from him if their next couple season they finish in the 8-10 wins range.

Bill always has the defense playing at a high level and their S/T should be much better after signing some solid special teamers from around the league, It really all comes down to Mac's development,imo. That's providing that they find/trade for/draft a starting caliber tackle and wide receiver.

• Options

Some interesting reports about where the team is at heading into the draft:
    Mac/Zappe have been building a relationship with BoB.
    BoB and new OL Coach Adrian Klemm have been reworking the entire offensive playbook.
    They've been working out WR,OL and CB draft prospects. One CB is former Steelers/Fins LB Joey Porter's son,why do I have the feeling that if NE drafts him then we'll have Joey Porter's big mouth all over the NE airwaves like Lavar Ball did where his sons were drafted lol?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rtP8q2VQkc

For those who watch college football how good is Ohio State WR Jaxon Smith-Njiba? I see that he's listed as a slot Wr, is he too similar to JuJu? I've been seeing his name alot as a possible pick at 14.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@craig44 said:

Honestly,I think that Bill is here until he breaks Shula's record and the only way that he's not is if they have a really really down year, I'm talking like a 2-15/3-14 type of season. (although I wouldn't mind seeing this for a year or two so that they could load up on high end talent in the draft.) I don't see Kraft moving on from him if their next couple season they finish in the 8-10 wins range.

Bill always has the defense playing at a high level and their S/T should be much better after signing some solid special teamers from around the league, It really all comes down to Mac's development,imo. That's providing that they find/trade for/draft a starting caliber tackle and wide receiver.

What if we get 7 or 8 wins the next two years. Miss the playoffs twice. I think he could be gone. Or even if he did that for three years. I can foresee a few scenarios where he is forced to go elsewhere to get it.

Also, if he gets it and Andy Reid is still coaching and doubling him up every year, he might hang on longer.

• Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@craig44 said:

Bill Obrien was Mac Jones OC at Alabama, hes a fan of Jones. Whether they can have success in the NFL together as well we will see. I'm not sold on Jones in the NFL but for his sake hope he changes my mind. His weapons at Bama were just insane with multiple first round WRs and a first round RB. Always seemed like a weird pick since he really didnt spread the ball the much, half his production was to Devonta Smith and the rest was basically Metchie mixing in Najee Harris and Waddle sometimes. Just a drastically different set up than the typical NE philosophy of relying on the QB to elevate the weapons instead of the weapons elevating the QB

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@craig44 said:

What if we get 7 or 8 wins the next two years. Miss the playoffs twice. I think he could be gone. Or even if he did that for three years. I can foresee a few scenarios where he is forced to go elsewhere to get it.

Also, if he gets it and Andy Reid is still coaching and doubling him up every year, he might hang on longer.

After all of the success that BB & Kraft have had working together since 2000,if he finishes that 2nd year needing just 3-4 wins for the record I think its a Stevek stone cold lock that Belichick will be back to break the record as a New England Patriots head coach. Bob Kraft LOVES attention on his organization and firing Bill when he's so close to that record will bring nothing but negative attention.
    I think there'd be a better chance of he & Bill coming to an agreement that the following season would be BB's last as Pats HC. Firing him when he's that close would probably ruin that relationship forever,imo.

Also if I were a betting man I'd put money on Bill breaking that record during the 2024 season.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@craig44 said:

After all of the success that BB & Kraft have had working together since 2000,if he finishes that 2nd year needing just 3-4 wins for the record I think its a Stevek stone cold lock that Belichick will be back to break the record as a New England Patriots head coach. Bob Kraft LOVES attention on his organization and firing Bill when he's so close to that record will bring nothing but negative attention.
    I think there'd be a better chance of he & Bill coming to an agreement that the following season would be BB's last as Pats HC. Firing him when he's that close would probably ruin that relationship forever,imo.

Also if I were a betting man I'd put money on Bill breaking that record during the 2024 season.

I thought he needed 31 wins for the regular season record.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@craig44 said:

I thought he needed 31 wins for the regular season record.

I've seen the totals listed with the playoffs included and without. With them,Bill needs 18 (likely 2-3yrs),without 31 (3-4).
    In my comment above I had the total with the playoffs added in.

Imo,the only way he gets fired is if they finish as one of the top 5 worst teams multiple years in a row. With everything that went wrong last season they still won 8 games and were still in playoff contention going into the final regular season game.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont see BB getting fired. something drastic would have to happen. I think he will hold on until he gets the record

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,545 ✭✭✭✭✭

Saw this and figured I'd post it, its actually hilarious

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 12, 2023 4:38AM

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@craig44 said:

Bill Obrien was Mac Jones OC at Alabama, hes a fan of Jones. Whether they can have success in the NFL together as well we will see. I'm not sold on Jones in the NFL but for his sake hope he changes my mind. His weapons at Bama were just insane with multiple first round WRs and a first round RB. Always seemed like a weird pick since he really didnt spread the ball the much, half his production was to Devonta Smith and the rest was basically Metchie mixing in Najee Harris and Waddle sometimes. Just a drastically different set up than the typical NE philosophy of relying on the QB to elevate the weapons instead of the weapons elevating the QB

I thought Sark was the OC for Mac at Bama.

• Options

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@craig44 said:

as @Bullsitter said they didn't overlap at Alabama, but I will say that the more I have thought about it the more I am hopeful that BOB can get the most out of Mac. I believe that they are both hungry.

Your point about Jones not being the guy to elevate subpar talent is well-taken. Time will tell how things pan out.

The wins record has always been a key thing i my opinion. Belichick wants the regular season wins record. So he needs 31. He doesn't want this to become a Tom Landry type of situation.

• Options
    edited April 12, 2023 6:04PM

@Bullsitter said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@craig44 said:

I thought Sark was the OC for Mac at Bama.

They overlapped at his end. My fault for wording it wrong but they were there and he worked with him at the end before the draft

• Options

Mac Jones last game was on 1-11-21 against OSU.
    BoB was hired on 1-21-21, 10 days later.

• Options

@Bullsitter said:
    Mac Jones last game was on 1-11-21 against OSU.
    BoB was hired on 1-21-21, 10 days later.

And they worked together some during draft preparations. The draft isnt until months later. Every big time program has pro days and workouts in between. Players dont just disappear after the final game

• Options

So, in 2021 Mac is prepping for the NFL and BoB is the new OC at Bama.
    I'm thinking BoB is a little more interested in his new team, new players and spring practice than coaching Mac.
    Sure, he probably gave Mac some advice, but he wasn't close to being Mac Jones coach.

• Options

@Bullsitter said:
    So, in 2021 Mac is prepping for the NFL and BoB is the new OC at Bama.
    I'm thinking BoB is a little more interested in his new team, new players and spring practice than coaching Mac.
    Sure, he probably gave Mac some advice, but he wasn't close to being Mac Jones coach.

In season coach no, but they do do work for the guys. Part of the allure and recruiting for a program like Bama is we get you to the NFL. They knew Stroud was the next QB, but getting Jones as high as possible is a recruiting tool. The big programs like that spend time coaching guys up for the draft

• Options
    edited April 13, 2023 7:49PM

BoB might not have been the OC that last season that Mac was in Alabama but their offensive playbook likely didn't change from that one year to the next. I doubt that these two getting on the same page will be that difficult when the terminology at Alabama never changed from year to year.
    They've both have experience in NE's offense as well,Mac with his first two NFL seasons and BoB during however long he was here previously. I doubt that NE's playbook will change much,the two guys running the offense last season just had a lack of creativity with their playcalling.

All reports have been Mac has mostly stayed in NE this offseason to workout and he connected with BoB soon after the signing. These two should be on the same page by the time that training camp is in full swing.

• Options

I like how, pretty early in the media session, BOB tries to settle the @Bullsitter vs @Basebal21 debate.

• Options

Good for him getting back to the defensive side of the ball. He was a horrible choice by BB to be part of a OC duo but he did help the team win three SBs.

• Options

Its conspiracy theory time right now in Foxboro. Michael Holley is pretty plugged in with the Pats (he wrote a book or two about the team IIRC) and he thinks Mac will be dealt real soon.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-OzxCmPUFs

• Options

• Options

I just did a little scuttlebutt as I wait here for one my Rugrats

It appears that this is most likely in the cards. It also seems we may be moving up??

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

It appears that this is most likely in the cards. It also seems we may be moving up??

I've been watching a ton of draft stuff from the local media lately and the consensus is BB really likes Kentucky QB Will Levis. I'll be curious to see if Levis is available,do they still draft him if they haven't found a taker for Mac? After last season his trade value probably isn't very high right now and it would be a disaster waiting to happen to draft another first round QB then bring him into camp w/Jones & Zappe.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

I've been watching a ton of draft stuff from the local media lately and the consensus is BB really likes Kentucky QB Will Levis. I'll be curious to see if Levis is available,do they still draft him if they haven't found a taker for Mac? After last season his trade value probably isn't very high right now and it would be a disaster waiting to happen to draft another first round QB then bring him into camp w/Jones & Zappe.

He'd have to be moved pre-draft. And it's possible that what we get doesn't exactly what we need to move up, but we still move up, making the situation that much more precarious.

• Options

One of the other names that got mentioned a lot that could be a great fit in NE's Oline was this guy. He's a Tackle expected to go after the first.
    https://www.nfl.com/prospects/matthew-bergeron/32004245-5210-0937-e984-90feb04718cc

Now that Rodgers is officially on the Jets,I wouldn;t be surprised if BB goes with a CB in the first.

• Options

I'm 100% fine with Mac being dealt

If it's going to be on the table then get it done and start moving forward NOW.

• Options

I'm ok either way. If they decide to ride it out with Mac then just put the necessary pieces (OC/better OL & passing targets) around him to at least give him a chance to succeed.
    If BB really does have an axe to grind with the kid then just move on from him already. We've all seen what its like to be in Bill's doghouse for whatever reason and this team can't afford to have the most important position there.

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    I'm ok either way. If they decide to ride it out with Mac then just put the necessary pieces (OC/better OL & passing targets) around him to at least give him a chance to succeed.
    If BB really does have an axe to grind with the kid then just move on from him already. We've all seen what its like to be in Bill's doghouse for whatever reason and this team can't afford to have the most important position there.

Exactly my thoughts as well.

I just don't want this to linger into next offseason after another 8-9 or 9-8 season with him still not progressing

• Options

WEEI just put out the sketchiest Mac Jones trade rumor yet, there's someone's cousin's neighbor's best friend's uncle is reporting on reddit that Houston & NE have a potential deal in place w/Mac Jones,pick 14 along with some later picks involved heading to the Texans for pick #2.
    If on the unbelievable chance that this trade ever happens you must all refer to me as the CU Forum's Adam Schefter. 😎

• Options
    edited April 27, 2023 4:27AM

@erikthredd said:
    WEEI just put out the sketchiest Mac Jones trade rumor yet, there's someone's cousin's neighbor's best friend's uncle is reporting on reddit that Houston & NE have a potential deal in place w/Mac Jones,pick 14 along with some later picks involved heading to the Texans for pick #2.
    If on the unbelievable chance that this trade ever happens you must all refer to me as the CU Forum's Adam Schefter. 😎

100% lol

Who do they want at #2?

Levis?? I don't even like this Years draft honestly

• Options
    edited April 27, 2023 7:43AM

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

100% lol

Who do they want at #2?

IDK,I've heard this rumor mentioned a few times now but never with a name attached for NE. It would have to be a QB,wouldn't it? I'm not familiar with the better QBs in this draft other than their names & schools but I'm assuming that it would come down to Richardson,Stroud or Levis.

If you go by the nfl draft pick trade value chart, here are the pick values:
    Texans #2 is worth 2600pts
    for
    (1) #14 is 1100pts
    (2) #46 is 440pts
    (3) #76 is 210pts
    (4) #107 is 80pts
    (4) #117 is 60pts
    (4) #135 is 38.5pts
    That's out top 6 picks that total at 1928.5pts which would still be 671.5pts short of #2,or the equivalent of the #27th pick. Would Mac be worth the 27th pick today? Probably not and I don't see a deal where NE gives up all of that plus Mac for #2. For that type of package that rookie QB better be the second coming of Tom Brady lol.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

100% lol

Who do they want at #2?

IDK,I've heard this rumor mentioned a few times now but never with a name attached for NE. It would have to be a QB,wouldn't it? I'm not familiar with the better QBs in this draft other than their names & schools but I'm assuming that it would come down to Richardson,Stroud or Levis.

for
    (1) #14 is 1100pts
    (2) #46 is 440pts
    (3) #76 is 210pts
    (4) #107 is 80pts
    (4) #117 is 60pts
    (4) #135 is 38.5pts
    That's out top 6 picks that total at 1928.5pts which would still be 671.5pts short of #2,or the equivalent of the #27th pick. Would Mac be worth the 27th pick today? Probably not and I don't see a deal where NE gives up all of that plus Mac for #2. For that type of package that rookie QB better be the second coming of Tom Brady lol.

Interesting chart and specs to it, now regarding this year's QB's I know that Young and Stroud have flip flopped in the number 1 projected pick mainly because of Youngs size, but apparently he is the clear cut #1

The rest of them are pretty much rolls of the dice.

I don't like it to be honest

• Options

I am perfectly fine going forward without Mac. I would rather see a shakeup than go 9-8 etc. best to be really good or really bad. In the middle of the pack is nowhere to be.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

100% lol

Who do they want at #2?

for
    (1) #14 is 1100pts
    (2) #46 is 440pts
    (3) #76 is 210pts
    (4) #107 is 80pts
    (4) #117 is 60pts
    (4) #135 is 38.5pts

Interesting chart and specs to it, now regarding this year's QB's I know that Young and Stroud have flip flopped in the number 1 projected pick mainly because of Youngs size, but apparently he is the clear cut #1

I don't either. I'm not fan of trading half of your draft for one player, let alone a rookie who might not pan out.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

100% lol

Who do they want at #2?

for
    (1) #14 is 1100pts
    (2) #46 is 440pts
    (3) #76 is 210pts
    (4) #107 is 80pts
    (4) #117 is 60pts
    (4) #135 is 38.5pts

I don't either. I'm not fan of trading half of your draft for one player, let alone a rookie who might not pan out.

It would be the definition of non-Belichickian.

Unless....it was for that really good punter, or long snapper, who only played for one year because he only played Lacrosse.

• Options

BB goes with the 2nd highest ranked CB from Oregon,Christain Gonzalez to go with getting an extra 4th rounder for dropping back a few spots. I've listened to about 4 or 5 draft previews over the past few days and this kid was mentioned alot as a possible pick but the consensus was he wouldn't be available at 14 let alone 17.
    https://www.nfl.com/prospects/christian-gonzalez/3200474f-4e58-9051-6a8a-dad946986fed

• Options

I was hoping for some OL help, but apparently, Gonzalez is the real deal. good size for a corner too

• Options

@craig44 said:
    I was hoping for some OL help, but apparently, Gonzalez is the real deal. good size for a corner too

I still expect atleast one OT to be picked.

• Options

Glad we didn't do any rumorville nonsense trade, they had a chance to grab that Levis kid and didn't so looks like Mac is the guy still

• Options

Since BB took over the team they've done very well finding capable offensive linemen throughout the entire draft so I'm not to worried about not picking a tackle in the first round. As long as we find someone in rounds 2-4 I think we'll be ok.
    There's been reports that they really like a Tackle out of Syracuse,Matthew Bergeron, who is expected to get drafted somewhere tonight so we'll see how it goes.

• Options

My gut tells me that we might very well still pick a QB.

• Options

we also picked up an extra 4th rounder by moving down 3 slots.

• Options

I dont follow College football very closely but from what I have read, the new CB is going to be pretty much able to play right away

• Options
    pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

I think Bill B is great at getting those extra picks from third and 4th rd.

• Options

Here's their list of current picks:
    Round 1 • Pick 17 (17) • CB Christian Gonzalez
    Round 2 • Pick 15 (46)
    Round 3 • Pick 13 (76) • From Panthers
    Round 4 • Pick 5 (107) • From Rams
    Round 4 • Pick 15 (117)
    Round 4 • Pick 18 (120) • From Steelers
    Round 4 • Pick 33 (135) • Compensatory Selection
    Round 6 • Pick 7 (184) • From Raiders
    Round 6 • Pick 10 (187) • From Panthers
    Round 6 • Pick 15 (192)
    Round 6 • Pick 33 (210) • Compensatory Selection
    Round 7 • Pick 28 (245) • From Bills through Falcons

With all of those 4th/6th rounders that's a lot of ammunition to move up in either round tonight if they go that route.

• Options

@craig44 said:
    I dont follow College football very closely but from what I have read, the new CB is going to be pretty much able to play right away

He was ranked pretty high in overall player rankings by numerous sites:
    Fox Sports had him 8th best player in draft
    PFF had him 12th
    NFLN had him 10th
    ESPn had him 8th

@thisistheshow said:
    My gut tells me that we might very well still pick a QB.

I hope not. Just drafting one,even in a late round,will start more drama that the team just doesn't need.