Home Sports Talk
Options

Aaron Rodgers to the Jets?

Comments

• Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    I still feel like it is destiny that ARod plays in NYC

Seems like the Jets and GB are both just playing chicken seeing who will blink first. GB might be overplaying its hand though. The Jets could just be posturing but theyve been having a pretty big presence at the QB workouts. Levis and AR15 really should be like 3rd rounders, but looks like they're going to go in the first because of their monster combine numbers and one of the two should be available when the Jets pick 13th. If they both go top 10 than just good luck to those teams lol

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, what is the latest in this drama?

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

I say he probably gets traded there after the draft at some point. If NY can get him without having to use this year's first that would be huge win for them plus it would be best for the Packers if they wait until after June 1st so he only counts for 12M on their cap. Trading him before then means he counts for 31M in dead money in 2023.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Alfonz24 said:
    So, what is the latest in this drama?

@doubledragon , paging double dragon. DD, your attention is needed in an Aaron Rodgers thread. Paging Double D.

• Options

Might have to hit him on his beeper. 🤷😂

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree, DD, it has been too long. we need an update

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reports say Rodgers is now a Jet!

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

Trade compensation, per sources:

Jets get:
    🏈Aaron Rodgers, pick No. 15, a 2023 5th-rd pick (No. 170).

Packers get:
    🏈Pick No. 13, a 2023 2nd-rd pick (No. 42), a 6th-rd pick (No. 207), a conditional 2024 2nd-rd pick that becomes a 1st if Rodgers plays 65 percent of the plays.

• Options

Wow, so NY ultimately gave up a 2 spot drop in the first,a 2nd,a 6th and next years 2nd that could turn into a 1st. That was a great deal for the Jets with only having to give away one 1st next year that isn't even guaranteed.

• Options
    edited April 24, 2023 2:53PM

So with Arod coming to the AFCE here are his career w/l records versus East teams.
    10-6 overall (3-1 vs NY)
    3-1 vs Miami
    2-2 vs Buffalo
    2-2 vs NE
    He went 2-2 vs the AFCE in 2022
    Out of all of the NFL divisions he's faced,he has his lowest career completion percentage (57.8%) and passer rating (88.3) against the AFCE. His next lowest for these stats against any one division are 62.8 comp% and 98.9 passer rating against his old division,AFCN. The East defenses have fared pretty well against him.

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Considerate move to not take Namath's number 12.
    Took his Cal number 8.
    This trade is good for both teams.

Have a nice day
  • Options

My first thought, when hearing this earlier, was that the Jets did well... if IF Rodgers sticks around long enough. And that's a big if.

My second thought was why am I hearing about this from a sports "news" medium not known as DD on ST?

• Options

it finally happened!!!

Bwahahahahahhaha!!!

hoooooorayyyyyy!!!

• Options

I wonder what will happen with Zach Wilson?

traded or study under Arod for a year or two?

• Options

@craig44 said:

Could this be true? (With sports rumors who knows?)

"The New York Jets and Zach Wilson might be headed for a split during the offseason. According to a report by Jay Glazer, the franchise lost confidence in the quarterback - and he has lost confidence in himself, worsening the situation following his horrific performance against the Jacksonville Jaguars in Week 16."

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    My first thought, when hearing this earlier, was that the Jets did well... if IF Rodgers sticks around long enough. And that's a big if.

My second thought was why am I hearing about this from a sports "news" medium not known as DD on ST?

NY did very well as far as the trade compensation goes but they did just take on a contract that has 150+M in guaranteed money. The situation overall would have to be pretty horrible for Aaron Rodgers to not want to stick around an extra season or two after this one when all of that money is involved. He's due to get a 58M signing bonus at some point in 2023 and i'm sure there's some type of huge check like that due for each of the following two seasons as well.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

The AFC East is probably going to be one of the toughest divisions in the league now.

Buffalo, Miami and... the Jets????

Wow it feels odd saying that without mentioning my Pats lol

• Options

@Steven59 said:

@craig44 said:

"The New York Jets and Zach Wilson might be headed for a split during the offseason. According to a report by Jay Glazer, the franchise lost confidence in the quarterback - and he has lost confidence in himself, worsening the situation following his horrific performance against the Jacksonville Jaguars in Week 16."

@perkdog said:
    The AFC East is probably going to be one of the toughest divisions in the league now.

My cousin up in Mass was trying to talk to me about this today, about how we are bottom of the barrel. I just don't want to hear it. 🤬🤬🤬🤮🤮🤮🏈👎👎

• Options

@streeter said:
    Considerate move to not take Namath's number 12.
    Took his Cal number 8.
    This trade is good for both teams.

Agreed

• Options

@doubledragon

Where the heck are you!

• Options

@perkdog said:

We're not finishing last! Thats my stevek stone cold lock, its on the internet now so it means its true. 😎

• Options

@Steven59 said:

@craig44 said:

Alright,knowing Zach Wilson's history what does that finger he's sniffing smell like? >:)>:)>:)

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

We're not finishing last! Thats my stevek stone cold lock, its on the internet now so it means its true. 😎

I like this. I'm jumping on this.

Patriots won't be last in their division this upcoming season!

• Options

@thisistheshow I feel so good about that not happening that my avatar rights are up for grabs for one month if anyone feels differently. 😉

• Options

alright, I am officially jumping on the bandwagon too. No last place for the Pats!!!!

• Options

DD, we need ARod memes.

and lots of them!!!

• Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:

@craig44 said:

He hasnt lost confidence in himself, but the team obviously doesnt believe hes the guy anymore. At this point the Jets have to trade him. Rodgers was fairly cheap since he is very old and very likely not the MVP or even close to it anymore, but they have to trade Wilson after making that trade.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s official. We have Bret Favre two.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

Yes, it is official...finally...we began so long ago on this journey, together. 🏈😜

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

Yes, it is official...finally...we began so long ago on this journey, together. 🏈😜

So long ago that I had given up hope that this deal would ever get done, but finally, it is over! Only one more piece to the puzzle remains....

• Options

I am soooooo ready for football to start.

• Options

@doubledragon
    I need to see you in my (virtual) office sometime later today.
    We need to make sure that this doesn't become a regular occurrence.

• Options

Oh and one more thing, I'm looking forward to the Rodgers vs Wilson drama!

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:
    @doubledragon

I apologize for my absence so much lately, my neighbor up the street, good friend, is going through some health issues and I'm helping out. I'm back and forth between my place and his, he had a stroke and it's hard for him to function properly, so I'm helping out. I've actually stayed over there a couple of nights, and will be staying some more. He doesn't have wifi, so if I want to see what's going on I have to come home. I'll be helping him out while he goes through his recovery, I'll pop in when I can. In the meantime, hold this place together!

...You had already put in for some personal time. We're just bustin' your cajones. You're the best. Get back to work whenever you can, and at your own pace.

• Options
    edited April 25, 2023 10:31AM

@doubledragon

D, your the perfect example of a good guy by helping out a friend like that, much respect to you buddy!

Best wishes to your friend for a speedy recovery

• Options

@thisistheshow and @perkdog, Thanks for the kind words guys, my neighbor has been a good friend for years, I always look out for my people. 🖒

• Options

Mustache Jones for Sainthood!

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

@Alfonz24 said:
    Mustache Jones for Sainthood!

B)

• Options
    edited April 25, 2023 1:12PM

@craig44 said:
    I am soooooo ready for football to start.

It has if you want to follow the USFL. If you are a Philly fan, like me, you can watch a team a Philadelphia team that has never played in Philadelphia. Or a Pittsburg team that has never played in Pittsburgh. There are lots of seats available though. The enthusiasm is similar to that you saw when Bob Uecker hung out the mike for the fans to cheer in Major League.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

• Options

@Alfonz24 said:

love it.

As a Pats fan, even when we are kinda down, I still love my Jets jokes.

• Options

If Brady comes out his second retirement to play for Miami, the Eastern Division of the American Conference will become the football edition of the Antiques Traveling Road Show.

• Options

@BillJones said:
    If Brady comes out his second retirement to play for Miami, the Eastern Division of the American Conference will become the football edition of the Antiques Traveling Road Show.

If Brady comes out of retirement and plays for the Dolphins, I'm boycotting the season.

• Options
    edited April 26, 2023 3:39AM

@thisistheshow said:

@BillJones said:

If Brady comes out of retirement and plays for the Dolphins, I'm boycotting the season.

Apparently Tua almost retired 😳

• Options

I am soooooo ready for football to start.> @doubledragon said:

@thisistheshow said:
    @doubledragon

I apologize for my absence so much lately, my neighbor up the street, good friend, is going through some health issues and I'm helping out. I'm back and forth between my place and his, he had a stroke and it's hard for him to function properly, so I'm helping out. I've actually stayed over there a couple of nights, and will be staying some more. He doesn't have wifi, so if I want to see what's going on I have to come home. I'll be helping him out while he goes through his recovery, I'll pop in when I can. In the meantime, hold this place together!

Legitimate excuse. I do miss my ARod memes, but, priorities. It is a good man that will help out his friends.

As for now, we will try to hold this place down. No promises though. we are all a little unstable here...

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,484 ✭✭✭✭✭

Finally. Here come the 9-7 Jets. And drama.

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

you are a gentleman and a scholar, double d