Home Sports Talk
Options

Aaron Rodgers to the Jets?

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I seriously doubt we're going to get a decision from him on Saturday, he's probably going to get stoned on psychadelic mushrooms this weekend and make us wait until Monday!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, this is getting ridiculous, Tom Pelissero just tweeted out that despite a report to the contrary, the Packers and Jets have not agreed to the framework of an Aaron Rodgers trade, per sources. Both sides continue to await word from Rodgers on his plans. If he decides he wants to go to New York, then the teams will work to hammer out a deal. Who knows what to believe, just make up your stupid mind Rodgers!

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

When he finally gets traded, I hope at his introductory press conference the NY media has the cajones to ask about pebblegate.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    When he finally gets traded, I hope at his introductory press conference the NY media has the cajones to ask about pebblegate.

A deliberate and non accidental lol administered to your above post showtime by me, the collectors universe entity known as Darin.
    (just trying to help since you’re currently lol identity handicapped)

• Options

@Darin said:

@thisistheshow said:

A deliberate and non accidental lol administered to your above post showtime by me, the collectors universe entity known as Darin.
    (just trying to help since you’re currently lol identity handicapped)

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Options

An update on the situation, Aaron Rodgers was at a flag football event yesterday and he was asked about his decision, to which he replied:

"I don't think it won't be long, there's a time limit for all of this," Aaron Rodgers said when asked about the timeline of his thought process regarding what he would like to be doing in 2023.

"It's always interesting meeting important figures in the sport. It's always interesting," Rodgers said when Marshall asked what it was like meeting Jets owner Woody Johnson. "That's all I'm giving you."

Rodgers added: "Stay tuned."

• Options

DD is doing the Bill Belichick thing...

"NO DAYS OFF"

👏👏👏👏👏

• Options

@perkdog said:

"NO DAYS OFF"

👏👏👏👏👏

7 days a week brother! 🖒

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

"NO DAYS OFF"

👏👏👏👏👏

7 days a week brother! 🖒

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

• Options

Josh Allen was asked by Brandon Marshall how to slay the dragon if Rodgers joins the division, to which Allen replied, "just keep some Ayahuasca on hand." 😂😂

• Options

Now see, you want to stay off the drugs kids, it can only lead to problems.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

about to be traded to Jets needs to be added to that list.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

I hope he does join the Jets, it will be fun watching the Patriots give him a beatdown!

• Options

Still no news, he said he wasn't going to hold everyone hostage, he's going back on his word!

• Options

Aaron Rodgers, you said two months ago that you weren't going to hold everyone hostage.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    Aaron Rodgers, you said two months ago that you weren't going to hold everyone hostage.

This could potentially be a massive hoax, I mean he literally cannot help being a drama queen the past few years with his nonsense.

He loves to be so indecisive sounding about retiring or staying in Green Bay, he probably has no intention of going anywhere and will just stay in Green Bay

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

I hope he does join the Jets, it will be fun watching the Patriots give him a beatdown!

IDK,depending on what happens with Tua down in Miami,NE might be sitting at the bottom of the AFCE for awhile looking up unless Mac takes that next step we were expecting last season.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,552 ✭✭✭✭✭

If there is one thing i have learned about mr rodgers, it is that he is not above lying to us.

Come on Aaron, tell us what is going on!!

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    Still no news, he said he wasn't going to hold everyone hostage, he's going back on his word!

Was there a deadline for his decision? Hopefully this doesn't end up like the NBA 2022 free agency when the night before it begins Kevin Durant asked to be traded then free agency grinded to a halt for the next week plus with most teams trying to offer a trade package and leaving FAs sitting around waiting. With NY in the market for a QB this could have the same affect.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

Was there a deadline for his decision? Hopefully this doesn't end up like the NBA 2022 free agency when the night before it begins Kevin Durant asked to be traded then free agency grinded to a halt for the next week plus with most teams trying to offer a trade package and leaving FAs sitting around waiting. With NY in the market for a QB this could have the same affect.

I'm not sure, I think perkdog might be right, he's probably just screwing with everyone and he'll decide stay in Green Bay, I could see him doing that.

• Options

This is what he said back in January:

“I’m not going to hold them hostage,” Rodgers said of the Packers when asked about his offseason plans after Green Bay lost to the Lions in Week 18, ending their playoff hopes.

“I understand we’re still in January, March is free agency. Just need some time, like I said, to get the emotion out of it and figure out what’s best."

• Options

It's being reported that Rodgers has been traded to the Jets, more details to come!

• Options
    edited March 13, 2023 12:33PM

Sports journalist Trey Wingo is the one that broke the original story of the Jets talking to Aaron Rodgers and Trey Wingo just tweeted that Aaron Rodgers to the Jets is a done deal, so obviously Trey Wingo has a source within the Jets organization. Sauce Gardner and Breece Hall are getting in on the fun.

• Options
    edited March 13, 2023 12:43PM
  • Options

Covering this story for the Collectors Universe Sports Forum has been fascinating, I've learned a lot about journalism. I just learned that Trey Wingo is actually friends with Aaron Rodgers and may have gotten the information from Rodgers himself or someone within Aaron Rodgers inner circle. I also learned that Aaron Rodgers doesn't consider Rapoport or Schefter to be a part of his inner circle, so this could be the reason why Trey Wingo is the one that had the inside scoop on this story. We're still waiting for confirmation from the major media outlets.

• Options

If this report turns out to be true, the AFC is freaking stacked.

Mahomes
    Herbert
    Lawrence
    Rodgers
    Allen
    Tua
    Jackson
    Burrow
    Watson

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Report: Deal sending Aaron Rodgers to Jets is 'done'

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

From the internet (YardBarker):

"When the NFL's new league year begins Wednesday afternoon, it appears likelier than ever that Aaron Rodgers will be traded to the New York Jets.

While Rodgers has remained coy about his own decision-making timeline, Pro Football Network reported Monday that "Rodgers to the Jets is done."

Jets wide receiver Garrett Wilson, who won NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year while catching passes from Zach Wilson, Joe Flacco and Mike White, chimed in shortly afterward.

"I can finally enjoy my vacay now," he tweeted from the island of Saint Barthelemy, following that up with, "Y'all (should) see this smile on me (right now)."

Other media outlets were more conservative Monday, with ESPN reporting the Jets were "cautiously optimistic" that Rodgers would agree to be traded."

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

@doubledragon said:

Mahomes
    Herbert
    Lawrence
    Rodgers
    Allen
    Tua
    Jackson
    Burrow
    Watson

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

Mahomes
    Herbert
    Lawrence
    Rodgers
    Allen
    Tua
    Jackson
    Burrow
    Watson

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

Oh yeah, and Mac Jones! Aaron Rodgers has no chance in hell!

• Options

@Steven59 said:

I don't understand why they haven't made the official announcement, I wonder if Rodgers is going to announce it on The Pat McAfee Show tomorrow? 🤔

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

Mahomes
    Herbert
    Lawrence
    Rodgers
    Allen
    Tua
    Jackson
    Burrow
    Watson

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

Oh yeah, and Mac Jones! Aaron Rodgers has no chance in hell!

Unfortunately Mac has some work to do before he deserves to be on that list. At least the team brought in someone who knows how to call actual plays on offense this time around lol.

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@Steven59 said:

I don't understand why they haven't made the official announcement, I wonder if Rodgers is going to announce it on The Pat McAfee Show tomorrow? 🤔

Aaron wants to report it live on tonight's jeopardy.

• Options

• Options

It's official DD?

• Options

@perkdog said:

It's official DD?

No, still no official report. I've had it with this, I can't take it anymore!

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

It's official DD?

No, still no official report. I've had it with this, I can't take it anymore!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Options

It just amazes me how Aaron Rodgers became Brett Favre, both quarterbacks spent all those years in Green Bay, won 1 Super Bowl, and got traded to the Jets. I can't wait to do this again in 15 years when Jordan Love gets traded to the Jets.

• Options

is this it!?!?! the day we have all been waiting for?

I sure hope so

thank you DD

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

IDK,depending on what happens with Tua down in Miami,NE might be sitting at the bottom of the AFCE for awhile looking up unless Mac takes that next step we were expecting last season.

Someone had to say it. I didn't want to. There's no shame in saying ... YES! WE ARE BRINGING UP THE REAR!!

• Options
    edited March 14, 2023 3:46AM

This story has become insane, apparently one of Aaron Rodgers teammates, Rasul Douglas, is in possession of Aaron Rodgers phone and tweeted on his account yesterday, making peoole think that it was Aaron Rodgers tweeting. Rasul Douglas wanted to prove that the Packers are in touch with Rodgers. Then Douglas tweeted a picture of Rodgers with his Packers teammates and Rodgers himself "liked" the tweet. This may mean Rodgers is going to stay with the Packers, or retire. To be honest, I'm sick and tired of Aaron Rodgers and his stupid childish head games, the man is a moron. More to come, stay tuned!

• Options

Rodgers schmodgers

• Options
    edited March 14, 2023 6:59AM

I just found out, there are official reports that the Jets are trying to sign Packers wide receiver Allen Lazard, Aaron Rodgers has to be behind this, I just know it. He's the ultimate villain, and he's trying to take over Gotham!

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey DD, why don't you just give Danica a buzz and find out what the deal is?
    I know you have her on speed dial.

• Options

oh my goodness. this is all too much. the edge of my chair is getting all worn out here.

thank you for all the research DD

we are all counting on you!

• Options

Now there's a rumor that the Jets have Randall Cobb on their radar, what is he trying to do, bring the whole Packers team with him? Unbelievable if true!

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    Now there's a rumor that the Jets have Randall Cobb on their radar, what is he trying to do, bring the whole Packers team with him? Unbelievable if true!

Knowing Rodgers he probably wants to go above and beyond with his demands, hopefully if this is the case then I hope the Jets tell him to pound sand

• Options

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

Knowing Rodgers he probably wants to go above and beyond with his demands, hopefully if this is the case then I hope the Jets tell him to pound sand

That's probably why the holdup, he's got a list of demands, he's such a diva!

• Options

Leaked list of Aaron Rodgers demands:

1. Sign Allen Lazard
    2. Sign Randall Cobb
    3. Install psychadelic tea bar
    4. Build statue of Nicolas Cage outside stadium
    5. Stream The Pat McAfee Show inside locker room
    6. Free Cowboy boots for entire Jets roster
  • Options

Ok, now this is serious, Dianna Russini of ESPN, who has pretty good sources, just tweeted this out:

"Aaron Rodgers has provided the NY Jets with a wish-list of free agents he would like them to target and acquire, per sources.
    It includes Randall Cobb, Allen Lazard, Marcedes Lewis and….Odell Beckham Jr."