Home Sports Talk
Options

Aaron Rodgers to the Jets?

Comments

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,547 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here we go, another day on ARod watch. I hope you ate your wheaties DD! we are all depending on you

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    Here we go, another day on ARod watch. I hope you ate your wheaties DD! we are all depending on you

🖒

• Options

I'm hearing that after meeting with Aaron Rodgers, the Jets are very optimistic about landing him. Plus, Robert Saleh's brother has joined in the party!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,525 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I'm hearing that after meeting with Aaron Rodgers, the Jets are very optimistic about landing him. Plus, Robert Saleh's brother has joined in the party!

Getting spicy!

• Options
    edited March 9, 2023 10:52AM

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

Getting spicy!

Getting spicy indeed, and the Jets just released Braxton Berrios, this frees up more cap space for Aaron Rodgers massive needs!

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a Rodgers fan, however, because of DD's yeoman-like up-to-the-minute postings, I have now become addicted to this thread. Keep up the news alerts and excellent pics of #12 etal. Wish there were a little "ding" sound on my computer to alert me to the latest news.

You are a clever man DD and you always put a big grin on my, and other's faces. I am attaching a pic to honor your efforts. Well done sir!! The much coveted, but very few have been awarded the ultimate Reeses Peanut Butter Extraordinaire Poster pic.

• Options

@MCMLVTopps said:
    Not a Rodgers fan, however, because of DD's yeoman-like up-to-the-minute postings, I have now become addicted to this thread. Keep up the news alerts and excellent pics of #12 etal. Wish there were a little "ding" sound on my computer to alert me to the latest news.

You are a clever man DD and you always put a big grin on my, and other's faces. I am attaching a pic to honor your efforts. Well done sir!! The much coveted, but very few have been awarded the ultimate Reeses Peanut Butter Extraordinaire Poster pic.

Thank you kindly, I actually just finished eating lunch and ate the last slice of a Marie Callendars peanut butter cream pie that I bought from wal-mart, pretty good, would definitely buy it again!

• Options

@MCMLVTopps said:

I can't stand Rodgers either but like you I'm all about DD's thread, I talk sports with some coworkers and we actually talked about this Rodgers to the Jets story and I almost caught myself saying "I will see if DD has any updates" 🤣🤣🤣

• Options

I am thinking this may just happen. This makes me so happy. I cannot wait to see ARod melt down in NYC

• Options

Wait, I'm getting some conflicting reports here, I just read online that the Jets aren't sure if Aaron Rodgers wants to play in New York, but I also read that the Packers are looking for a 1st round pick for Aaron Rodgers and they also want another pick in addition to the 1st if he plays again next season. No, I'm not disorganized, I'm good, I got this, nothing to see here!

• Options

Update: Tom Pelissero said the Jets have worked through the compensation and contract for Aaron Rodgers. It’s up to him to let them and the Packers know what he wants to do.

Mike Garafolo said the Jets won’t rush Rodgers.

• Options

Look at this, yikes, Rodgers has his work cut out for him if he signs.

• Options

Latest update, word on the street is that the Jets and Packers have agreed to the terms of a trade, they're just waiting for Aaron Rodgers to give the ok.

• Options

I am literally sitting on the edge of my chair waiting for DD to give us the final word.

• Options

@craig44 said:
    I am literally sitting on the edge of my chair waiting for DD to give us the final word.

He's a stubborn man, I wish he would give us his answer!

• Options

Hmm, make of this what you will. 🤔

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

Late to the show, the Jets and Rodgers deserve each other, I hope it happens to get a 9-8 season, possible wild card bid, and loss in the first round...................

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options

This is unbelievable, I just found out that Aaron Rodgers will be a featured guest in a psychedelic science conference in June called "Psychedelic Science 2023", it is dubbed "the largest psychedelic gathering in history." Get off the mushrooms and focus on football man!

• Options

Alright DD. I am awake, have had my special K, and am sitting right on the edge of my chair waiting for news.

please let today be the day!

• Options

I already had my coffee and am anxiously awaiting DD's updates while chomping on a piece of Nicorette gum!

• Options

Ok, I thought you were just kidding about the psychedelic conference. I just checked and sure enough it is a real thing. And everyone's favorite future Jets QB is actually going to really be a speaker. I think this is the perfect opportunity for those of us regulars here on ST to have a live get together in Denver. I mean, what better event than hearing Arod speaking live about darkness therapy and ayahuasca.

DD, I will NEVER doubt you again. especially when it comes to Mr. Rodgers.

• Options
    edited March 10, 2023 6:49AM

It's almost 9am and DD hasn't punched in yet?

Did he take a vacation day?

My coworker is asking me if DD has any updates!

• Options

No days off for DD!!! We need him.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

@Alfonz24 said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Options

Ok, it's almost noon. I think I'm starting to get the shakes waiting for the DD update on the ARod saga.
    Do I have enough time to make a run to our new DD here? DD=Dunkin Donuts. Yes, I know it's now called just Dunkin, but I'm old school, they'll always be Dunkin Donuts to me.

Earth to DD...

• Options
    edited March 10, 2023 10:19AM

Sorry for the delay everyone, I'm running a bit late this morning, but I am back now, so, let's get down to business. This is quite amusing, earlier this week, Jets cornerback Sauce Gardner promised he would burn his cheesehead if the Jets traded for Rodgers.

On Thursday night, Gardner fulfilled his promise. He posted a video on YouTube with teammates Breece Hall and Garrett Wilson, showing the three of them burning the cheesehead. That was the same cheesehead that Gardner took when the Jets went into Green Bay and beat the Packers last season. The video is a bit long, so here are some photos of Sauce Gardner burning the cheeshead in a fire pit!

• Options

Thank goodness, DD is back!!

This is very important information. As I reckon, there was only one reason for Mr. Gardner to burn the Cheesehead last night...

• Options

In other news, I think I can now identify that terrible odor that was wafting through Central Maine last night. I thought I smelled burnt Cheddar.

• Options

Rodgers has to sign with the Jets now, they burned the cheesehead for him! 😂😂

• Options

DD if your taking the AM off that is fine, you definitely have enough time in the books to.use but a little heads up next time please?

We were all frantic over your unannounced absence!

• Options

@perkdog said:
    DD if your taking the AM off that is fine, you definitely have enough time in the books to.use but a little heads up next time please?

We were all frantic over your unannounced absence!

Sorry about that, I'll give you guys a heads up next time, I don't want to cause a panic! 😂😂

• Options

I wish he would give us his answer, he's doing this on purpose, he wants us to suffer!

• Options

A chilly day here, better put on my Aaron Rodgers psychedelic socks.

• Options
    edited March 10, 2023 1:19PM

I don't know if this is true or not, but someone tweeted this a little while ago.

BREAKING: Per source, Packers QB Aaron Rodgers will be dealt to the New York Jets in exchange for a conditional 2nd round pick. Rodgers and the Jets are currently negotiating a restructured deal with permission from Green Bay, and the trade will be made official when completed.

• Options

Getting close!!!

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Getting close!!!

I hope so, he's driving me crazy with this waiting. Earlier, my wife asked me has he made a decision yet, she knows about this thread!

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:
    Getting close!!!

I hope so, he's driving me crazy with this waiting. Earlier, my wife asked me has he made a decision yet, she knows about this thread!

Same with a coworker of mine!!!

• Options

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:
    Getting close!!!

Same with a coworker of mine!!!

Everyone's waiting! 😂😂

• Options

Wow, just wow. It looks like Aaron Rodgers really is leaving Green Bay, check out this video, Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy was asked about the situation.

• Options

I have emerged from the darkness.
    I'm going to Disneyworld.

• Options

I've kinda got mixed emotions about this, if he goes to the Jets, my cheesehead Rodgers photo is useless!

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    I've kinda got mixed emotions about this, if he goes to the Jets, my cheesehead Rodgers photo is useless!

But the famed Cowboy one isn't 👍👍

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

The jets oughta offer to just accept his salary. Giving up draft choices AND absorbing that huge salary is foolish. But they might be stupid.

Have a nice day
  • Options

this is really going to happen isnt it!! I am so happy.

• Options

@streeter said:
    The jets oughta offer to just accept his salary. Giving up draft choices AND absorbing that huge salary is foolish. But they might be stupid.

They are desperate which is worse

• Options

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

But the famed Cowboy one isn't 👍👍

Cowboy Rodgers is immortal! 🖒

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

Darkness retreat, signing with the Jets………. aren’t those pretty much the same thing?

• Options
    edited March 11, 2023 5:55AM

I seriously doubt we're going to get a decision from him on Saturday, he's probably going to get stoned on psychadelic mushrooms this weekend and make us wait until Monday!

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 11, 2023 7:51AM

Say double d and perky have they signed him yet
    Ooh but he’s so spaced out
    A…A… Aaron and the Jets
    Oh but he’s weird and he’s wonderful,
    went on a darkness retreat,
    he even hosted jeopardy

He’s got cowboy boots,
    a psychedelic suit,
    you know I read it in a DD thread