Home Sports Talk

2023 college football thread

Comments

• Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭✭

Theres really not anything else for them to put on tonight.

Whoever made the schedule for Saturday should be fired though. The noon slate other than maybe Bama Arkansas is trash and the 7-8pm slot is very overloaded with the most meaningful games

Missouri 14 OSU 3

• coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭✭✭

First time ever I wont be able to watch Ohio State play. The Purdue game is on peacock.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• TabeTabe Posts: 6,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coolstanley said:
    First time ever I wont be able to watch Ohio State play. The Purdue game is on peacock.

I'll miss the Michigan game. Comcast is fighting with my local Fox affiliate so no go for me.

Lol Colorado blowing a 29 point first half lead to a horrible Stanford team.

Missouri 14 OSU 3

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭✭✭

An amazing choke job by Colorado. Can't believe I stayed up and watched the whole game

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Basebal21 said:

there should be no more Colorado talk after that one. the luster is officially lost. as bad a loss as you'll ever see.

we're talking about a Stanford team that lost at home to Sacramento St.

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

Prime time loses by a prime number,3. The camera kept going to Sanders as much as the camera goes to Taylor Swift at KC games.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

@Basebal21 said:

Wow.

Ignore list -Basebal21

• ApplejacksApplejacks Posts: 384 ✭✭✭

So far Michigan forgot to get off the bus.

@Basebal21 said:

• Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:
    An amazing choke job by Colorado. Can't believe I stayed up and watched the whole game

I went to bed at half. I saw nothing from Stanford to think it would turn. Just read they lost and the main stream networks are not pushing their choke job.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.

@galaxy27 said:

@Basebal21 said:

there should be no more Colorado talk after that one. the luster is officially lost. as bad a loss as you'll ever see.

we're talking about a Stanford team that lost at home to Sacramento St.

The luster is definitely off but I think theres still going to be talk of them just because of Deion. We should definitely be at the point though that their games arent bumping actual important games from the big networks.

Half the students left at half time and then Stanford just came out and ran literally the same play over and over and Colorado couldnt do anything. I know Hunter is coming back from injury but you just cant play every snap every game, he was clearly gassed and getting smoked on D. Ayomaner was just running right by him at will eventhough when rested Hunter is probably the fastest player on the field.

I get that Deion is old school, but I do not understand some of his decisions. He has one of his two 5 star DBs (their only two 5 stars) on the bench because his grades arent good enough. Youre just not going to win a whole lot at this level doing that and they certainly cant afford to be doing that.

I do look forward to the media coverage focusing more elsewhere though

Missouri 14 OSU 3

@Steven59 said:

@Basebal21 said:

Lol, That was such a cringe worthy move. Im all for celebrations and if a Georgia player did that whatever you can do things like that as back to back national champions. You simply cannot do that as a Colorado player that just barely beat ASU. Shedeur really isnt playing well enough to be acting like hes 2019 Burrow either.

Missouri 14 OSU 3

there should't be any, but there will still be some CU chatter in coming weeks. know what it's gonna consist of? how they've visited the loser's lounge over and over. 4 out of their remaining 5 games are against ranked teams. they've gotta figure out a way to scratch out 2 wins just to become bowl eligible. i think the chances of that happening are somewhere between Jerry admitting Dak sucks and hell freezing over. it's rare that i legit feel sorry for players on any level, but it happened last night while watching Colorado on defense in the 2nd half. they made that kid from Stanford look like the best wide receiver to ever play the game. do you guys realize that Ayomanor had 294 receiving yards in the game, and 294 of them came after halftime?

Ayomanor also dropped a 60ish yard throw at the start of the game and was literally just running the exact same route 90 percent of the time in the second half. They moved Hunter over to go one on one with him but Hunter was just gassed and got burned basically every play.

What will happen with the Colorado talk is the media will move the goal posts and talk about what a great program is being built and how the season was a success when Colorado only won one game last year etc. Fortunately though the talk will be shorter instead of having to listen to 35 minutes of Colorado talk out of every hour

Missouri 14 OSU 3

• stevekstevek Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭✭

Penn State on the way to another nice win.

PSU seems to be on a mission this season. We shall see if they get there.

Alabama struggled against a bad Arkansas team.

Despite having a ton of injuries on offense, Ohio State rolled as Kyle McCord passed for 276 yards and 3 touchdowns.

According to the ESPN playoff predictor, the BIG TEN has the best chance at getting two teams in the playoffs.

Ignore list -Basebal21

Arkansas is average not bad., Perdue is actually bad as is all of the B1G west. OSU does not have a ton of injuries on offense but it is funny with OSU fans trying to pretend McCord is elite

Missouri 14 OSU 3

@Basebal21 said:
    Arkansas is average not bad., Perdue is actually bad as is all of the B1G west. OSU does not have a ton of injuries on offense but it is funny with OSU fans trying to pretend McCord is elite

Arkansas is 2-5 and they lost to BYU. They are bad.

You have no clue what you are talking about. Just more nonsense as always. Buckeyes have 3 running backs injured and one of their top two receivers.

Ignore list -Basebal21

edited October 14, 2023 5:05PM

@coolstanley said:

@Basebal21 said:

You have no clue what you are talking about. Just more nonsense as always. Buckeyes have 3 running backs injured and one of their top two receivers.

Thats just your response every time but never talk players, transfers, stats, recruiting classes etc.

OSU played Perdue a terrible team.

They also just played LSU, A&M, Ole Miss, and now Bama the last 4 games. Thats a brutal schedule. They are an average team

Missouri 14 OSU 3

@Basebal21 said:

@coolstanley said:

@Basebal21 said:

They also just played LSU, A&M, Ole Miss, and now Bama the last 4 games. Thats a brutal schedule. They are an average team

Not a brutal schedule at all.

Ignore list -Basebal21

Lol

Missouri 14 OSU 3

As predicted before ND dominated USC who has a terrible defense. Arizona beat Washington State, PAC 12 teams are over rated though.

I dont like to spike the football but if someone wants to keep saying I dont know what I'm talking about well

Missouri 14 OSU 3

Glad to see USC showed their true colors today.

Sorry to see Oregon lose today because of bad coaching/play calling.

@Steven59 said:

The conservative plays on 4th down were a bit weird, but you have to respect trying to win. They still had a chance to tie it and just missed the FG

Missouri 14 OSU 3

• TabeTabe Posts: 6,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:

0-3 on 4th down, giving up 6 sure points and tremendous field position. And still had a chance to tie. Bad coaching for sure.

Coolstanleys top ten after 6 weeks

Georgia
    Ohio State
    Michigan
    Washington
    Penn State
    Oklahoma
    Florida State
    Texas
    Oregon
    North Carolina

Ignore list -Basebal21

edited October 18, 2023 10:25PM

College gameday is in Columbus this week for a game between two unbeatens.

Ignore list -Basebal21

edited October 20, 2023 7:21PM

Some good games Saturday

Penn State @ Ohio State
    Tennessee @ Alabama
    Michigan @ Michigan State(rivalry game)
    Duke @ Florida State
    Utah @ USC
    Clemson @ Miami

Ignore list -Basebal21

McCord - 3 straight incomplete passes and OSU settles for a field goal.

Well so far the referees are Ohio States best players!

Buckeyes defense looking great.

Ignore list -Basebal21

upset alert

Oklahoma is fooling around with Central Florida at home

@coolstanley said:

Good thing because the OSU offense looks like crap. McCord is terrible and the run game is going nowhere - every damn time they run right up the middle into the Penn State defensive line!

@Steven59 said:

@coolstanley said:

Good thing because the OSU offense looks like crap. McCord is terrible and the run game is going nowhere - every damn time they run right up the middle into the Penn State defensive line!

Penn State has the top rated defense in the country might have something to do with it.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/stats/team/_/view/defense

Ignore list -Basebal21

As bad as McCord has looked, hard to believe Allar has looked worse!

@Steven59 said:

Doesn't help that some of his passes have been dropped.

Ignore list -Basebal21

edited October 21, 2023 12:20PM

@galaxy27 said:
    upset alert

Oklahoma is fooling around with Central Florida at home

Sooners got the lead and the way CFU's UCF's offense has looked in the second half this game may be over

Harrison Jr - game, set, match!

Ten years at Penn State, and James Franklin still can't get his team to step-up and win a big game.

Time to get rid of him. I'm tired of mediocrity.

@Steven59 said:

Franklin doesnt know how to use him, plus theyre missing a big WR to open things up. Franklin also cant beat ranked teams to save his life. He came into the game 3-15 against top 10 teams, and 12-23 overall against ranked teams. At some point PSU is going to have to have a serious talk about getting rid of him unless theyre content just going 8-4/9-3 every year

Missouri 14 OSU 3

Marvin Harrison Jr. is a monster

i need that kid in a Bears uniform next season

Another great game from Kyle McCord.

Ignore list -Basebal21

@galaxy27 said:
    Marvin Harrison Jr. is a monster

i need that kid in a Bears uniform next season

Better draft a QB with that other pick if theyre going to do that.

Missouri 14 OSU 3

Ignore list -Basebal21

Bama down 13-0 1st quarter.

Ignore list -Basebal21

@Basebal21 said:

@Steven59 said:

Franklin doesnt know how to use him, plus theyre missing a big WR to open things up. Franklin also cant beat ranked teams to save his life. He came into the game 3-15 against top 10 teams, and 12-23 overall against ranked teams. At some point PSU is going to have to have a serious talk about getting rid of him unless theyre content just going 8-4/9-3 every year

One play late in the third quarter, Ohio State had to punt out of their end zone. What happens? A 71 yard punt to get them out of trouble. 71 friggin yards punt! Are you kidding me? That simply cannot be allowed to happen in that situation of a close, low scoring game.

That play gave the momentum right back to Ohio State and they won the game handily.

@stevek said:
    One play late in the third quarter, Ohio State had to punt out of their end zone. What happens? A 71 yard punt to get them out of trouble. 71 friggin yards punt! Are you kidding me? That simply cannot be allowed to happen in that situation of a close, low scoring game.

The punt went over the returners head and took a great OSU roll.