Home Sports Talk
Options

2023 college football thread

Comments

• Options
    Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭

Oregon State at Arizona is the most likely upset for that late slot. Games on ESPN. > @Steven59 said:

How big actually is Shadur Sanders? Does anybody realistically think he has any future in the NFL

Hell get drafted possibly even first round, maybe even high first round. He has the name, he has the psychical attributes, hes going to look very good at the combine. Whether or not he succeeds in the NFL is a different story. Its easy to ignore any of his struggles or his tendency to take sacks instead of throw it away and just blame it on how bad their line is which could be true.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

And here goes McCord throwing into tight coverage AGAIN resulting in an interception in the endzone.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

Just wondering, has Georgia or Michigan played any teams that were any good this year?

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

McCord should have two touchdowns right now. He had one dropped in the endzone.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    edited October 28, 2023 6:43PM

@Steven59 said:
    Just wondering, has Georgia or Michigan played any teams that were any good this year?

No. But Michigan has Penn State and Ohio State in Nov. Georgia has played nobody. Michigan has the tougher schedule.

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options

Wow, can Coach Prime stop his kids acting like thugs on and off the field?

• Options

@coolstanley said:
    McCord should have two touchdowns right now. He had one dropped in the endzone.

Yeah but you don't address the bull crap throwing right into tight coverage that resulted in that interception?

• Options

@Steven59 said:

Michigan no, the closest theyve played to a real game is Nebraska. Rutgers/Minnesota/Indiana.Michigan State are terrible teams. Michigan doesnt have a real game until the 11th with Penn State and only has a two game schedule with them and OSU.

Georgia has played Kentucky and Florida both of which are good teams and have been been ranked. Even having to play Auburn on the road is a better win than any game Michigan has played so far. Georgia had 3 ranked teams in a row coming up with Mizzou, Ole Miss, and Tenn. Georgia has a difficult schedule that they have just been making look easy for the most part with how good they are

• Options

Oh Jeez, a Bud Light commercial for the Big 10 game just now during the Ohio State game. Wonder how much AB payed the big ten for them. AB just paid Dana White to advertise Bud Light

• Options

AB payed Dane 100 million

• Options

@Steven59 said:

At least Colorado has played ranked teams, while Georgia has played zero ranked teams. They have a cupcake schedule.

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options

@Steven59 said:
    AB payed Dane 100 million

Dana doesnt own the UFC anymore, the Fertidas and Dana sold the UFC years ago for something like 4 billion. Commercials are much cheaper than being official sponsors

• Options

I don't know much about thT but I heard on a sports talk radio show that Bud Light offered him 100 mil to promote the product

• Options

@coolstanley said:

@Steven59 said:

At least Colorado has played ranked teams, while Georgia has played zero ranked teams. They have a cupcake schedule.

]well that sure didn't answer my question

• Options

@Steven59 said:
    I don't know much about thT but I heard on a sports talk radio show that Bud Light offered him 100 mil to promote the product

Bud Light signed a deal to become the offical beer of the UFC again. Its well over 100 million and probably over 200 million as its reported to be their largest sponsorship ever and their previous largest was 175 million. They over paid for it to try and "change their image back". The money is enough that it would be dumb to say no, but Dana doesnt have an ownership stake anymore hes just still running it for now.

• Options

Ok, thanks for the info. The radio program also interviewed Dana and he refused to mention Bud Light and refured to them as Anhauseur Bush throughout the interview

• Options

@Steven59 said:
    Ok, thanks for the info. The radio program also interviewed Dana and he refused to mention Bud Light and refured to them as Anhauseur Bush throughout the interview

Without going to far down that path some of the fighters have done the same thing. Bud Light was their offical beer until like 2016 and the Modelo another AB product was their most recent one which Bud Light is replacing. Not to get to far off track but with the murky details of the deal it looks like Bud Light will be the sponsor in the US with AB and other products able to do it internationally

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2023 2:25AM

@Basebal21 said:
    Most teams have at least one big out of conference game but Michigan usually doesnt.

This is simply false.

It's a 2-year thing for Michigan. In the 8 years from 2013 to 2021 (no OOC in 2020), their OOC included Washington, Notre Dame x4, Florida, Utah x2, Oregon State, Colorado, and BYU. 2022 was the first time in 78 years Michigan didn't play a power 5 or ND in their OOC.

And, yes, as a Michigan fan, I have hated their OOC the last two years.

• Options

@Steven59 said:

The hit was bad but hardly the worst I've seen. I think the part that bothered me is that Shiloh Sanders kept celebrating and flexing even after he saw the referee had flagged the hit. It was flagged immediately by the ref he was facing and he flexed for several seconds.

• Options
    ApplejacksApplejacks Posts: 384 ✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2023 3:24AM

@Tabe said:

@Basebal21 said:
    Most teams have at least one big out of conference game but Michigan usually doesnt.

This is simply false.

It's a 2-year thing for Michigan. In the 8 years from 2013 to 2021 (no OOC in 2020), their OOC included Washington, Notre Dame x4, Florida, Utah x2, Oregon State, Colorado, and BYU. 2022 was the first time in 78 years Michigan didn't play a power 5 or ND in their OOC.

Yeah baseball21 you really need to check your facts before posting things here. You make yourself sound like either
    1- very uninformed
    2- a troll

Would anyone disagree that Florida State has the most impressive body of work up until now over Michigan ?

• Options

I wish Henderson played every> @Applejacks said:

@Tabe said:

@Basebal21 said:

This is simply false.

Yeah baseball21 you really need to check your facts before posting things here. You make yourself sound like either
    1- very uninformed
    2- a troll

Would anyone disagree that Florida State has the most impressive body of work up until now over Michigan ?

I watched college football final last night and they all said Ohio State has the most impressive body of work and should be #1 by the committee.

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options

@Tabe said:

@Basebal21 said:

This is simply false.

BYU is okay at best some years. As independents before joining the Big 12 they were able to bake in 6 or 7 wins a year and werent really a match for top programs and struggled with above average ones.

Oregon State is good here and there, but were arguably the worst power 5 team in the country the year they played.

Colorado was a complete fluke that they had a good year in 2016 when they played. They hadnt won more than 5 games since 2007 and still havent since. That game was scheduled to be a cake walk and still basically was.

The no longer existing PAC 12 has been a down conference overall for at least a decade as well

ND and FL sure. I never said Michigan never has a big OOC game, but they usually dont. Oregon State, Colorado, BYU, those arent big games for a big program. Simply being a P5 now P4 school doesnt make it a big game but it does sound better.

As a fan of college football I would rather see every team just schedule big games every week, I know thats unrealistic. You being a fan of Michigan you should love their OOC scheduling. If the committee isnt going to punish them for it its the smart thing to do and every big program should be doing the same.

The risk generally is just that it removes the margin for error where any loss would stick out more. With this current committee that has multiple B!G people and a couple that probably dont even watch college football that risk likely isnt there. The schedules are made a few years in advance, but Michigan has the smartest schedule in the country this year. They only have to win 2 real games and theyll be in the playoffs as long as they dont choke against a bad B!G west in the conference championship

• Options

Coolstanleys top 10.

Ohio State
    Georgia
    Michigan
    Washington
    Florida State
    Penn State
    Oregon
    Texas
    Oklahoma
    Louisville.

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options

@Basebal21 said:

BYU is okay at best some years. As independents before joining the Big 12 they were able to bake in 6 or 7 wins a year and werent really a match for top programs and struggled with above average ones.

That was a lot of words to say "yeah, you're right. Michigan's OOC historically been a lot better than I thought."

BYU has averaged over 9 wins a year for nearly two decades while playing a schedule that had included up to 5 Pac-12 schools plus Boise State, among others.

Meanwhile, Florida has 5 1-AA schools on their schedule in their last four non-COVID seasons. Alabama has scheduled one in at least their last 6 seasons.

• Options

@coolstanley said:

I watched college football final last night and they all said Ohio State has the most impressive body of work and should be #1 by the committee.

I would agree they've got the best wins but they haven't exactly looked impressive doing it.

• Options
    edited October 29, 2023 8:29PM

@Tabe said:

@coolstanley said:

I would agree they've got the best wins but they haven't exactly looked impressive doing it.

They look impressive to me. They won yesterday by two touchdowns on the road, and had over 400 total yards. And their defense is top 4 in the country.

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options

@coolstanley said:

@Tabe said:

@coolstanley said:

They look impressive to me. They won yesterday by two touchdowns on the road, and had over 400 total yards. And their defense is top 4 in the country.

They scored 24 against a team that lost to Iowa and beat Illinois by 4. They've scored 24 or fewer points in half their games.

• Options

@Tabe said: B)

@coolstanley said:

@Tabe said:

@coolstanley said:

They scored 24 against a team that lost to Iowa and beat Illinois by 4. They've scored 24 or fewer points in half their games.

They have the TOP rated offense in the BIG TEN. ;)

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options

Who will the playoff committee have at #1 on Tuesday?

I'm guessing either Georgia or Ohio State.

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options

@Tabe said:

@Basebal21 said:

That was a lot of words to say "yeah, you're right. Michigan's OOC historically been a lot better than I thought."

BYU has averaged over 9 wins a year for nearly two decades while playing a schedule that had included up to 5 Pac-12 schools plus Boise State, among others.

Meanwhile, Florida has 5 1-AA schools on their schedule in their last four non-COVID seasons. Alabama has scheduled one in at least their last 6 seasons.

You just proved my point about BYU. They lost most of their games against PAC 12 schools and Boise is not a good program. They had that one magical game and a short run of being okay but they were nothing more than a MWC team that got national attention for a bit for a bowl win. BYU built their schedule to assure 5-6 wins minimum and then would have a couple real games. Its very easy to average 8 or 9 wins when most of your schedule are MWC schools and MAC schools including games with non majors regularly. Its grasping at straws to try and call BYU a tough game for any program that is supposed to be one of the best

Florida has played Florida State every year since 1958 except for the 2020 covid year. When they schedule another big OOC game they have 2 big OOC games a year.

Alabama has had USC, Texas, Louisville, Florida State etc and been to the national title game 6 times in the last 8 years winning 3 of them, they have had plenty of OOC games from the playoffs alone. They almost always open the first week of the season with a real game.

• Options

@Tabe said:

@coolstanley said:

@Tabe said:

@coolstanley said:

McCord is average at best and need to get a lot better to beat Michigan assuming the B!G doesnt impose some penalties on Michigan this year. Michigan already pulled their new contract for Harbaugh so this is likely his last year there since theres now 3 on going investigations against Michigan and two of them are specifically directed at Harbaugh, the other is the coach that was fired and even involves the FBI but no one has really said what its about other than computer stuff which could be any wide range of crimes. Itll be interesting to see how the NCAA handles penalties going forward since with NIL legal now taking away scholarships is meaningless

• Options

@Basebal21 said:

You just proved my point about BYU. They lost most of their games against PAC 12 schools and Boise is not a good program. They had that one magical game and a short run of being okay but they were nothing more than a MWC team that got national attention for a bit for a bowl win.

10+ wins 5 of the last 6 full seasons. C'mon.

Florida has played Florida State every year since 1958 except for the 2020 covid year. When they schedule another big OOC game they have 2 big OOC games a year.

Which still doesn't change the fact they average MORE THAN ONE 1-AA game a year.

I didn't say Florida doesn't play tough OOC games but more than 1 1-AA game a year is a joke. ESPECIALLY since they have gone outside Florida for a road OOC exactly once in the last three decades.

Alabama has had USC, Texas, Louisville, Florida State etc and been to the national title game 6 times in the last 8 years winning 3 of them, they have had plenty of OOC games from the playoffs alone. They almost always open the first week of the season with a real game.

Which also doesn't change the fact they play a 1-AA every single year.

Or that their openers the last two years have been Utah State and Middle Tennessee State with next year being Western Kentucky.

• Options

@Tabe said:

@Basebal21 said:

You just proved my point about BYU. They lost most of their games against PAC 12 schools and Boise is not a good program. They had that one magical game and a short run of being okay but they were nothing more than a MWC team that got national attention for a bit for a bowl win.

10+ wins 5 of the last 6 full seasons. C'mon.

Which still doesn't change the fact they average MORE THAN ONE 1-AA game a year.

I didn't say Florida doesn't play tough OOC games but more than 1 1-AA game a year is a joke. ESPECIALLY since they have gone outside Florida for a road OOC exactly once in the last three decades.

Which also doesn't change the fact they play a 1-AA every single year.

Or that their openers the last two years have been Utah State and Middle Tennessee State with next year being Western Kentucky.

Wins arent all equal. What do you think would happen if Georgia/Bama/LSU/Michigan/Texas/OSU etc etc played a MWC schedule that Boise plays, theyd all be undefeated. They arent the worst of the G5 teams, but they arent any sort of good win for top teams that handle them easily and neither is BYU. BYU is currently 2-3 in the Big 12 even with a former 5 star QB transfer in Slovis who started his career as USCs starting QB. Theres simply a big gap with guys on the line between power 4 programs and not. The gap has closed and BYU is recruiting better now that theyre in the Big 12, but when they were playing Michigan the talent gap was very significant.

Everyone has trash games for OOC, never said otherwise. The difference is when theyre all trash games like Michigan has been doing and again if the committee isnt going to punish them for it its smart. Florida has the bad luck of FSU being their rival which is generally a top program and was the best program in the country from the late 80s to the early 2000s and won a natty in 2013. They fell off a little for a couple years and quickly fired Taggart. Florida mixing in a couple OOC wins that every team does is far from a joke with the schedules they play.

Alabama played Texas week two the last two years and opened with Miami the year before. Open with in 2019 Duke, 2018 Louisville, 2017 FSU, 2016 USC, 2015 Wisconsin, 2014 WVU, 2013 VT, 2012 Michigan, 2011 and 2010 Penn State week 2, 2009 opened with VT, 2008 Clemson,. Thats well over a decade of games in the first two weeks. Bama could play HS teams OOC and their schedule would be strong enough anyways but Saban likes having an out of conference tune up before conference play starts.

The other thing is that it costs money to play trash teams. The big programs pay 6 and 7 figures to schools to come get demolished. OSU paid Youngstown State and Western Kentucky almost 2 million for those games this year as an example. No team is going to schedule monsters every week of OOC even for the extra ratings money and not having to pay a team, especially when the committee has shown that win losses are most important to them.

• Options

@Basebal21 said:

Wins arent all equal. What do you think would happen if Georgia/Bama/LSU/Michigan/Texas/OSU etc etc played a MWC schedule that Boise plays, theyd all be undefeated. They arent the worst of the G5 teams, but they arent any sort of good win for top teams that handle them easily and neither is BYU. BYU is currently 2-3 in the Big 12 even with a former 5 star QB transfer in Slovis who started his career as USCs starting QB. Theres simply a big gap with guys on the line between power 4 programs and not. The gap has closed and BYU is recruiting better now that theyre in the Big 12, but when they were playing Michigan the talent gap was very significant.

Everyone has trash games for OOC, never said otherwise. The difference is when theyre all trash games like Michigan has been doing and again if the committee isnt going to punish them for it its smart. Florida has the bad luck of FSU being their rival which is generally a top program and was the best program in the country from the late 80s to the early 2000s and won a natty in 2013. They fell off a little for a couple years and quickly fired Taggart. Florida mixing in a couple OOC wins that every team does is far from a joke with the schedules they play.

Alabama played Texas week two the last two years and opened with Miami the year before. Open with in 2019 Duke, 2018 Louisville, 2017 FSU, 2016 USC, 2015 Wisconsin, 2014 WVU, 2013 VT, 2012 Michigan, 2011 and 2010 Penn State week 2, 2009 opened with VT, 2008 Clemson,. Thats well over a decade of games in the first two weeks. Bama could play HS teams OOC and their schedule would be strong enough anyways but Saban likes having an out of conference tune up before conference play starts.

The other thing is that it costs money to play trash teams. The big programs pay 6 and 7 figures to schools to come get demolished. OSU paid Youngstown State and Western Kentucky almost 2 million for those games this year as an example. No team is going to schedule monsters every week of OOC even for the extra ratings money and not having to pay a team, especially when the committee has shown that win losses are most important to them.

Again, a lot of words that you could have saved by simply saying, "yep, I, Basebal21, made a statement without actually checking to see if I was right."

You criticized Michigan's OOC as "usually" being awful. That was shown to be false and just a 2-year anomaly. You were then given a long list of P5 and top-flight schools that Michigan has played OOC and you response was to weakly try and pick apart the teams they have played.

You criticized Boise State as not a good program. That was shown to be false as they routinely win 10+ games. They are no longer elite but they are a good program that routinely sends players to the NFL.

You said Alabama "almost always" plays a tough opponent in week 1. You were then shown that that was false for 2022 and 2023 - the same time window you were criticizing Michigan for - AND 2024. And somehow defended their practice of scheduling teams like The Citadel while trying to refute a criticism I never made (that Alabama doesn't play tough OOC schools - they do).

You give Alabama a lot of credit for playing Texas but conveniently ignore that Texas as won 9+ games just twice since 2010. Boise State "isn't a good program" but Texas, with their four losing seasons since 2010 in a not-great B12 conference, is a top program. Alrighty then.

You then defended Florida playing FIVE FCS schools over a 4-year stretch by saying they... play FSU? Alrighty then.

• Options

Boise State is not a good program. They are a G5 program that occasiionally has an NFL player or two on their roster, The overwhelming majority of the small number of players drafted are the 5th round or later and end up on practice squads which is still a nice living for those guys but no their talent level doesnt come close to matching the top programs levels or even mid tier Power schools.

Texas has more 4 and 5 stars on one side of the ball than Boise has on their entire roster. They had a coaching problem for a while and also play a SIGNIFICANTLY harder schedule tha Boise. Texas would be undefeated playing Boises schedule all those years. The only game thats really terrible in the MWC is when you have to go to Wyoming and play at 7900 feet and are just gassed the entire time.

MWC wins are no where close to equal to P4 or SEC wins.

Michigan has generally not scheduled tough OOC games. No BYU is App State talent level, Boise is a nothing for a top program other than one fluke bowl game, and Colorado is a nothing for a top program. Colorado might get good if Deion can actually get some top linemen but even now they are still a pretty easy win for good teams.

You keep harping on playing FCS schools for a team that plays FSU every single year while ignoring Michigan plays Middle Tennesse State too, Southern Methodist, Nevada Las Vegas etc. Who cares if a team with a hard schedule like Florida builds in a very easy week every now and then, they have a big name OOC game every single year

• Options

@Basebal21 said:
    Boise State is not a good program. They are a G5 program that occasiionally has an NFL player or two on their roster, The overwhelming majority of the small number of players drafted are the 5th round or later and end up on practice squads which is still a nice living for those guys but no their talent level doesnt come close to matching the top programs levels or even mid tier Power schools.

Tell that to Florida State, who lost at home to Boise State in 2019.

Pretty sure I didn't say that. There's a difference between being a "good program" and a top program, sure.

Michigan has generally not scheduled tough OOC games.

Why are you sticking with this? It was already shown to be false.

You're right - Notre Dame, Washington, Alabama, Florida, Utah...these aren't tough OOC games. Certainly not on the level of The Citadel.

No BYU is App State talent level, Boise is a nothing for a top program other than one fluke bowl game

Which "one fluke bowl game" would that be? I'm not sure. Are you talking about their Fiesta Bowl win in 2006? Or their Fiesta Bowl win in 2009? Or their Fiesta Bowl win in 2014?

You keep harping on playing FCS schools for a team that plays FSU every single year while ignoring Michigan plays Middle Tennesse State too, Southern Methodist, Nevada Las Vegas etc. Who cares if a team with a hard schedule like Florida builds in a very easy week every now and then, they have a big name OOC game every single year

I didn't ignore that Michigan plays Middle Tennessee State or whoever - already said their OOC this year and last were poor. But they also haven't played an FCS school in several years and they certainly aren't playing multiple FCS schools in a season like Florida has done. And, for all the critiques of their schedule, Michigan still plays their top rivals (MSU, Penn, Ohio) every year, unlike Florida who rotates among theirs. MSU is down at the moment but still has 7 10+ win seasons since 2010, more than Florida. And Penn has won 11 four teams since 2016.

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can make a point for who has a harder schedule or which program is stronger but since college FB is now a professional sport,
    It basically comes down to money.

Show me the money,

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/college/

Have a nice day
  • Options

@Tabe said:

@Basebal21 said:

Tell that to Florida State, who lost at home to Boise State in 2019.

Pretty sure I didn't say that. There's a difference between being a "good program" and a top program, sure.

Michigan has generally not scheduled tough OOC games.

Why are you sticking with this? It was already shown to be false.

You're right - Notre Dame, Washington, Alabama, Florida, Utah...these aren't tough OOC games. Certainly not on the level of The Citadel.

No BYU is App State talent level, Boise is a nothing for a top program other than one fluke bowl game

Which "one fluke bowl game" would that be? I'm not sure. Are you talking about their Fiesta Bowl win in 2006? Or their Fiesta Bowl win in 2009? Or their Fiesta Bowl win in 2014?

I didn't ignore that Michigan plays Middle Tennessee State or whoever - already said their OOC this year and last were poor. But they also haven't played an FCS school in several years and they certainly aren't playing multiple FCS schools in a season like Florida has done. And, for all the critiques of their schedule, Michigan still plays their top rivals (MSU, Penn, Ohio) every year, unlike Florida who rotates among theirs. MSU is down at the moment but still has 7 10+ win seasons since 2010, more than Florida. And Penn has won 11 four teams since 2016.

Definitely a difference between good and top programs, but theres also a big difference between being a good G5 program and a good P4 program. That gap has closed now with the transfer portal as some players go play there for a year or two to start right away then transfer into a big program, but that wasnt the case several years ago.

Theres a reason why FSU fired Taggart after only two seasons. Losing to Boise is not acceptable for a FSU program.

I'm not sure why its such a big deal when I said that Michigan usually sets up weak OOC games. As Ive said many many times now it not only doesnt matter but is smart if you dont get penalized for it.

Fiesta bowls? Clearly the Oaklahoma one. TCU and Arizona were joke games. TCU was a MWC team while Boise was in the WAC, the Fiesta Bowl was likely furious that year. Arizona lost to every good team they played in 2014. They caught Oregon by surprise with a one score win the first time and got demolished in the PAC 12 championship for the rematch.

Michigan State is and has been a layup win for quite sometime. Florida doesnt rotate their rivals they play Georgia and FSU every year. Thats their two rivals.

• Options

Speaking of soft schedules its getting close to sec cupcake week. This year Alabama plays Chattanooga.

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options

@Basebal21 said:

Michigan State is and has been a layup win for quite sometime.

They won 11 games two years ago, including wins over Penn State, Michigan, Miami, and an 11-win Pitt team. Seriously, do you actually check records and stats?

• Options

@Tabe said:

@Basebal21 said:

Michigan State is and has been a layup win for quite sometime.

They won 11 games two years ago, including wins over Penn State, Michigan, Miami, and an 11-win Pitt team. Seriously, do you actually check records and stats?

Yes I do and they did because of Kenneth Walker having a crazy season. They had 2 wins the year before and 7 wins the two years before that. They had 5 wins last year and have 2 wins this year.

• Options
    edited October 31, 2023 12:14AM

@Basebal21 said:

Yes I do and they did because of Kenneth Walker having a crazy season. They had 2 wins the year before and 7 wins the two years before that. They had 5 wins last year and have 2 wins this year.

So, when you wrote the comment about them being "a layup for quite sometime (sic)", you knew you were wrong but wrote it anyway? Why would you do that?

Funny how going back even one more year than what you mentioned would bring in a 10-win season but that doesn't fit the narrative so you didn't. I think most people would consider "quite sometime (sic)" to be more than three years. Michigan State hasn't gone more than three years between 10-win seasons since 2009.

• Options
    ApplejacksApplejacks Posts: 384 ✭✭✭

Speaking of MSU, here’s a blast from the past.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 31, 2023 8:22AM

@coolstanley said:
    Speaking of soft schedules its getting close to sec cupcake week. This year Alabama plays Chattanooga.

We played a cupcake a few years ago, beat 'em 52-24, made 'em quit........ the cupcake was........ Ohio State.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 31, 2023 8:40AM

Hey Cool, did ya see this? I guess since Stroud lost you weren't going to mention it..... B)

• Options

@Tabe said:

@Basebal21 said:

So, when you wrote the comment about them being "a layup for quite sometime (sic)", you knew you were wrong but wrote it anyway? Why would you do that?

Funny how going back even one more year than what you mentioned would bring in a 10-win season but that doesn't fit the narrative so you didn't. I think most people would consider "quite sometime (sic)" to be more than three years. Michigan State hasn't gone more than three years between 10-win seasons since 2009.

Three of the last 4 years as a layup is quite some time and it will continue going forward with the dumpster fire that program is currently in and the lawsuits that are about to come firing their coach with cause to avoid his buyout.

If anything you should be accusing me of giving Michigan too much credit. If you dont believe that an average at best team should be a layup for Michigan fair enough, I was approaching it thinking Michigan is supposed to be a top program

• Options

And here ya go..............

Ohio State No. 1 in first College Football Playoff Rankings

• Options

• Options

The undefeated Buckeyes have quality road wins at Notre Dame and Wisconsin, and also beat at the time No. 7 Penn State at home.

The final rankings will be released December 3 after the conference championship games, and those set the four-team playoff field.