Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Saturday morning coffee with coins

Comments

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 7,058 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nysoto
    Great addition! I wonder if Pike Place blend from Starbucks is a throwback to this merchant

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 21, 2023 9:18PM

@crazyhounddog said:
    Good morning

Morning???
    It's 10:17 P/M.............. :)
    Another beautiful Buffalo

• Options
    OwnerofawheatiehordeOwnerofawheatiehorde Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JWP said:

That quarter does not look PO1, wow! :)

Type collector, mainly into Seated. Young Numismatist. Good BST transactions with: mirabela, OKCC, MICHAELDIXON

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gorgeous, Pursuit! Side note - has Miss Liberty have a face lift scar? :D

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    Eldorado9Eldorado9 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭✭✭

@FlyingAl Hmmm.... Proof dies, sharp rims, incredible strike for a 1921, and an atypical smooth, bag-mark free finish.....Just sayin.

• Options
    NicNic Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Eldorado9 said:
    Staring at this gem and enjoying some coffee. Happy Sat Boys.

What a beautiful original coin!

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still love this thread. 👍

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭✭✭

Eldo. Am also enjoying examining the referenced planchette marks on the knee. Just adds more interest among many on the coin!

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2023 7:47AM

IMO, that is the finest 74-S. The reverse is perfection. Can I come over for coffee?

I like NGC's 1874-S plate coin because it's a rare DM (WB-5, R7) that even NGC is unaware of in their write-up of mintmarks and DMs for the date. It is the finest of the four WB5's I know of.

The worst one got away from me when I foolishly tried to negotiate a price on a $90 coin.

WB5 - one can tell by the arrow positioning that it is obverse 1.

3 rim nicks away from Good
  • Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 7,058 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just love it when "Saturday morning coffee with coins" extends to Sunday. Must mean we're still having fun!
    That's great info shared regarding those 1874-s Seated halves. There is so much info on a coin that collectors can delve into. Die marriage, mint mark position, die variety, etc. And let's not forget the historical context of each date! Really adds alot to collecting

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    Eldorado9Eldorado9 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2023 8:48AM

@DCW Totally agree, and it's what makes this such a great place! @Barberian Thanks so much for the pics and info on a very rare variety! The 74-s is a really neat, and rarely discussed coin, probably because so few collector's have one! Yes, I'm just sipping coffee now, come on over, and I will roll out all the Barber's too! @Catbert Thanks Buddy, Happy Sunday! PS, I'm going to try to get @FlyingAl to snap a few shots, I'll post them.

• Options
    pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just followed you @Pnies20 You will figure out who I am if you remember what I do and where I live :smile:

• Options
    Pnies20Pnies20 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CircCam said:

Pumpkin spiced iced coffee and a gray dirt half on a rainy Saturday. Good tidings to all!

😍

BHNC #248 … 121 and counting.

• Options
    P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pursuitofliberty great looking bust half.

How’d you do on the rest of the submission?

Nothing is as expensive as free money.

• Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭✭✭

@P0CKETCHANGE

Comparatively, not as well as I expected but most of the "absolutely for sure"'s beaned. I am still studying to see if I got complacent, missed some issues, had an "ownership adds a point" problem, or learned anything new. I'll PM you when I get through everything if I learned anything worthwhile.

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Downtown1974 said:
    Great gold JWP!
    Having a cup of my favorite coffee and took a pic of some random stuff on my coin desk that I haven’t put away yet. Happy Saturday, everyone!

I love that JM bar!

• Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jayPem said:
    Day late and a few busties short..

Never to late, or early for a few Busties Bro'!

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file