Home Sports Talk
Options

NFL Playoffs thread

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe Reid bet Pitt first TD parlay with Chiefs win..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,484 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tight ends, you need 'em, KC has 'em.

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Pittsburg defense is failing apart. The grim reaper is coming for the Pittsburg season. He’s been lurking for awhile.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@BillJones said:
    The Pittsburg defense is failing apart. The grim reaper is coming for the Pittsburg season. He’s been lurking for awhile.

They do have TJ, maybe not JJ, but still................

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options

Mahomes...............

• Options

Hold on, nope it holds up, defensive penalty.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

@spacehayduke said:
    [Tight ends, you need 'em, KC has 'em.]

Over the hill QB's, you don't want em, steelers have one.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

Halftime,

BR, 5/14, 24 yds., 1 sack
    PM, 19/28, 241 yds;, 3 TD's, 1 int, 1 sack.

Ben's last game? Where's the beef?

• Options
    edited January 16, 2022 8:05PM

Blow-out in the second half. Pittsburg goes home.

Where’s the beef?

In Ben’s case, he’s in the Campbell’s Soup stew pot where the worn-out old steers go to retire. He’s got nothing left.

KC runs away with this game in the second half.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Frisco / L.A. showdown....... I'm hoping for that.......don't care who wins......just give me a good game!

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Buffalo vs KC next week at Arrowhead. Oh my

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh boy, the game's getting ugly now - looks like the steelers made their off season vacation plans at halftime..........

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    edited January 16, 2022 8:16PM

Another Pittsburg mistake. KC might hit 50 points tonight with Pittsburg in the single figures. It’s time for for Rosslusberger to sit down so that he won’t spend his retirement with a broken neck. This game is over.

• Options
    edited January 16, 2022 9:01PM

@Justacommeman said:

m

It will be a shootout!... I like that Allen kid....I really do.....I'd like to see him blast into the end zone on a game winning touchdown run!! The league has a lot of good young quarterbacks..... Allen, Mahomes, Burrows, and the Hydrant family favorite..... HERBERT!.........I love it!!!!!!

• Options
    edited January 16, 2022 9:10PM

@spacehayduke said:
    Tight ends, you need 'em, KC has 'em.

That's the key......it almost always comes down to that.......early in the game, middle of the game, late in the game, most people don't see it.........they only see the flashy......the big workhorse wins the game.......

• Options
    edited January 16, 2022 9:51PM

@BillJones said:

Where’s the beef?

In Ben’s case, he’s in the Campbell’s Soup stew pot where the worn-out old steers go to retire. He’s got nothing left.

Hey, Bill....You and all the guests at The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant's and my Rams/Cardinals pre game party tonight have something in common!! You all talk about BIG BEN as an old man.......hey......he's only THIRTY NINE YEARS OLD!!......DAMN!......I can only wish I was that OLD!!!!! 😉

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

It will be a shootout!... I like that Allen kid....I really do.....I'd like to see him blast into the end zone on a game winning touchdown run!! The league has a lot of good young quarterbacks..... Allen, Mahomes, Burrows, and the Hydrant family favorite..... HERBERT!.........I love it!!!!!!

3 of those QB's in the playoffs and the only reason Herbert didn't make it was because of terrible coaching decisions.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was so cool to see Dallas eliminated in the first game especially when they were favored to win.

• Options
    edited January 16, 2022 11:06PM

The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant and two> @Darin said:

It was so cool to see Dallas eliminated in the first game especially when they were favored to win.

Jimmy G. looks to me like he is feeling no pressure whatsoever. He is cool calm and collected. Whatever his strong and weak points are......he does not get rattled....what ever the situation is. The Niners are looking pretty good right now......real good.

• Options
    edited January 16, 2022 11:08PM

Dragon Master will like this:.......During the Cowboy /49er game this evening, the usual complaining about the Cowboys was going on among the guests....Then one guy said, "Quick!...Who is the owner of the Cowboys?". Everybody knew.....JERRY JONES!...Then the guy said, " Quick!.....Who owns the Rams? Who owns the Cardinals? Who owns the Seahawks?... Name another owner.". Total silence.......except I said Kraft owns the Patriots and I only know that because of.....well....you know why. Then the guy said, "That's the problem with the Cowboys......it's all about Jerry Jones.". Everyone agreed.......The Dallas Cowboys are Jerry Jones' personal vanity project.....he is the problem.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,098 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:
    Dragon Master will like this:.......During the Cowboy /49er game this evening, the usual complaining about the Cowboys was going on among the guests....Then one guy said, "Quick!...Who is the owner of the Cowboys?". Everybody knew.....JERRY JONES!...Then the guy said, " Quick!.....Who owns the Rams? Who owns the Cardinals? Who owns the Seahawks?... Name another owner.". Total silence.......except I said Kraft owns the Patriots and I only know that because of.....well....you know why. Then the guy said, "That's the problem with the Cowboys......it's all about Jerry Jones.". Everyone agreed.......The Dallas Cowboys are Jerry Jones' personal vanity project.....he is the problem.

Of course, everyone knows Mustache Jerry Jones is the owner of the Dallas Cowboys. I mean, just look at the man, the chicks love him!

• Options

@Hydrant said:

@BillJones said:

Where’s the beef?

Hey, Bill....You and all the guests at The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant's and my Rams/Cardinals pre game party tonight have something in common!! You all talk about BIG BEN as an old man.......hey......he's only THIRTY NINE YEARS OLD!!......DAMN!......I can only wish I was that OLD!!!!! 😉

You and me both, but everything is relative. At 39, Big Ben is a senior citizen in football. At 44, Brady is as old as the dinosaurs, but in his case, he like a T-Rex in his prime, devouring the competition.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2022 6:16AM

There is no doubt in my mind that the QB under the most pressure to win in the playoffs is Mathew Stafford. The Rams traded a boat load of draft choices and their starting QB to win the Super Bowl. If he goes one and done or doesn’t make it to the championship game it will not bode well for him and McVay.

I do think they win tonight. I don’t think Murray can carry a football team like a Patrick Mahomes or Josh Allen. When Hopkins went down it weakened the team by 50%. Not this year for the Cardinals. No doubt he’s Jackson 2.0. We’ll see tonight

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

My take on yesterday’s games.

Philly was a practice game for Brady

Dak is too inconsistent to be an elite QB, Moore is an idiot, and the OL is tattered

Big Ben is an embarrassment at this point, and can we just put TJ Watt in the HOF right now?

KC is back

• Options

@2dueces said:
    There is no doubt in my mind that the QB under the most pressure to win in the playoffs is Mathew Stafford. The Rams traded a boat load of draft choices and their starting QB to win the Super Bowl. If he goes one and done or doesn’t make it to the championship game it will not bode well for him and McVay.

I do think they win tonight. I don’t think Murray can carry a football team like a Patrick Mahomes or Josh Allen. When Hopkins went down it weakened the team by 50%. Not this year for the Cardinals. No doubt he’s Jackson 2.0. We’ll see tonight

I think Stafford folds like a lawn chair.

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Bills:

VS.
    The Chiefs:

Should be entertaining, to say the least.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    My take on yesterday’s games.

Philly was a practice game for Brady

Dak is too inconsistent to be an elite QB, Moore is an idiot, and the OL is tattered

Big Ben is an embarrassment at this point, and can we just put TJ Watt in the HOF right now?

KC is back

Dak's accuracy mitigates his success.

I don't hate Kellen.

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey countdouglas. Thanks for the large print. Finally I could read a post without squinting. :)

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

I think Stafford folds like a lawn chair.

My concern about tonight's game is that you may very well be right about Stafford. I don't have any great expectations about a Ram victory......... We shall see......

• Options

This is Stafford's moment, first real chance in his career, he either rises up, or becomes Dak. I think he rises.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2022 12:52PM

i'm just glad that the Pennsylvania trash was taken out yesterday

good Lord i was developing cataracts watching those two teams try to play football

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

My theory in the playoffs is always take the best QB. Never mind point spreads, home field etc.
    Burrows vs Carr. Check
    Allen vs Jones. Check
    Brady vs Hurt. Check
    Prescott vs Jimmy G. Not so easy but Jimmy has won playoff games and went to a Super Bowl
    Mahomes vs Ben. <~~ at age 38. Check
    Stafford vs Murray. This one is the tickler. I have to give the edge to Stafford at this point just because of experience plus McVay has Kingsburys #.
    Rams -3.5

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2022 7:14PM

The Cardinals look flat, just like they did during the last part of the season. They look like they are in for a long night. They have not been a play-off quality team for over a month.

This looks more one sided than the Kansas City - Pittsburg game. This looks like a replay of the Eagle’s-Bucs game.

It looks like there won’t be anything in this game to me out of the crib early tonight. I hope the Bucs can play better against the Rams than they did the first time.

• Options
    edited January 17, 2022 7:40PM

How did the Cardinals get into the play-offs? They won a lot of early season games.

Now they look worse than the Detroit Lions ever did during the regular season. Pity the advertisers who pad for this game. They only viewers will be from Los Angles. What a bore!

They need to invoke the mercy rule for this game.

Here’s a caution for the LA fans. Your team is good, but they are not this good. They are beating up on the wounded

• Options

@BillJones said:
    How did the Cardinals get into the play-offs? They won a lot of early season games.

Now they look worse than the Detroit Lions ever did during the regular season. Pity the advertisers who pad for this game. They only viewers will be from Los Angles. What a bore!

They need to invoke the mercy rule for this game.

Here’s a caution for the LA fans. Your team is good, but they are not this good. They are beating up on the wounded

DHop, Watt, both down for alot of the late season. Their O-line looks lost tonite - did they lose some of these starters as well?

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,166 ✭✭✭✭✭

if you've followed AZ all year, and i have, then what is transpiring right now should not come as much of a surprise. they have been in the tank for weeks. i envisioned something similar happening tonight, just not to this extent.

• Options

It's wide open this year. The Rams are as good as anyone left. Love it

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

After tonight, there should be a ninth head coach opening, in Arizona.

• Options

Half time, it ain't over till, well you know, but, it sure looks close to over now. Stlll, you just never know..........

• Options
    edited January 17, 2022 7:57PM

Kyler Murray
    C/ATT 7/17
    YDS 28
    AVG 1.6
    TD 0
    INT 2
    SACKS 2-15
    RTG 9.3

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

What was the 2 for? Practice for next year?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2022 9:36PM

Back to SF/DAL …

Prescott had his worst game that I can remember. He was missing receivers all day. Throwing behind them....over them....at their feet. He had time to throw, but just couldn't get the job done. That loss was on him. He reminded me of Tony Romo. It's hard to play QB in the NFL with your hands around your throat. Plus you throw in the 14 penalites (a record) and you don't deserve to win. Can't blame it on those last 14 seconds.

(Dimeman’s take)

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2022 9:13PM

Good for Matt Stafford. As a native Detroiter and a current Los Angeles resident Im happy for him. Being a Michigan Alum next week is gravy. I'll be rooting for TB12 and LA

m

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:

Now they look worse than the Detroit Lions ever did during the regular season.

Well, the Lions did thump them this year...

• Options

@BillJones said:

Whatever......Just got home from the game.....it was a wonderful time. The fans were happy...great ending(?) to the first year at SoFi Stadium. The Rams did beat the Bucs this year......maybe again....who cares.....Hey!....I admit it.....L.A. fans are not like other fans around the league (DALLAS?)....we don't cry or tear our hair out when the Rams lose or throw trash onto the field after a loss......it's just a game.....we live in LALA LAND.....eat your heart out....
    But.....the Rams are the best team in the league......

• Options

Go back and review the threads during this season.....Kyler Murray! He's good! The Cardinals! They're good! Now....the Rams stomp the Cardinals......but not because the Rams are any good.....they CAN'T be....no way!!!! Same old story...... Rams fans know the drill.....it's a joke. Here's the deal........the four best teams in the NFC are right where they belong.....RAMS...NINERS....PACKERS....BUCS. In the final four. The next two best teams are the Cardinals and the Seahawks. The NFC West just so happened to have 4 of the 6 best teams in the league this year. That's just the way it is......sorry...the Eagles, Cowboys, Vikings, Bears, etc. were all not very good. The Cardinals are a good team...the Rams are just way better..... The Rams are the best "TEAM" in the league........I think the Niners are going to take it all......Jimmy G. is looking good.

• Options

Bottom line.......Packers.....Bucs......NFC West. No one else competes on their level.....sad.

• Options

I was not expecting AZ to just not show up last night but they didn’t and I’m glad they got embarrassed.

Congratulations to Rams fans!

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,098 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here it is, the updated Playoff bracket, this is getting very interesting!

• Options

KC vs Buffalo and TOMPA vs Rams are delicious matchups