Home Sports Talk
Options

NFL Playoffs thread

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Bucs just got hit with a 15-yard penalty, I think it was Ndamakung Suh, he taunted Stafford, and it led to a Rams touchdown, Rams lead 10-0.

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rams O seems to have not skipped a beat from last week, at least so far (1rst Qtr). Rams defense looks pesky, haven't let GOAT do anything yet.

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh oh

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brady’s getting angry again

He needs a td to settle him down

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,487 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a good day for Brady haters.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Bucs have looked pretty brutal in this first half.

• Options
    edited January 23, 2022 2:21PM

@erikthredd said:
    The Bucs have looked pretty brutal in this first half.

Last year was fun; this year is over. It very hard to repeat. The effort is lacking in this game. The 70 yard TD showed this one is over.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2022 2:22PM

99 for LA - is that Wayne Gretzky I see out there? Sure has the speed of the Great One - making his LA comeback? Sack the GOAT.

PS No idea why font is so large, not intended.

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options

And then, INT the GOAT.

• Options

This game is over, the Rams are just too much today.

• Options

Fumble-recovery

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

Fumble saved TB from 27-3 halftime here is the QB report:

And Bill I am not a GOAT hater but predicted, and am rooting for, RAMS. Stafford deserves this opportunity after a career with hapless Detroit.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bucs get questionable fumble recovery on their one yard line with 4 seconds left in the half with Rams up 20-3......look for every call to go in favor of the Bucs in the second half.......the Rams have their work cut out for them.....at this point.....the Rams are playing against the Bucs and the NFL power structure.... Gotta be a Rams fan to know what I'm talking about.

• Options
    edited January 23, 2022 3:02PM

It's 27-3, this game is over, the Rams are clearly the better football team and came fired up and ready.

• Options

Uh oh, the Bucs score, it's 27-13, could this be a comeback?

• Options

@doubledragon said:

2 TD's in one quarter if the Rams fold is doable. Hoping the RAMS hold.

• Options

@spacehayduke said:

@doubledragon said:

2 TD's in one quarter if the Rams fold is doable. Hoping the RAMS hold.

There seems to be a momentum shift in favor of the Bucs at the moment, we'll see what happens.

• Options

No longer. F-U-M-B-L-E GOAT!

• Options

That #99 Gretzky guy is sure doing a number on Brady.

But wait! Another fumble, back to TB, OH MY! not much of a hike there bud.

• Options

Oh god, Stafford wasn't ready for the snap and it went flying past him, Bucs ball.

• Options
    edited January 23, 2022 3:48PM

Hold it, Rams have the ball so the penatly was reversed (I don't turn on the sound during games). Never mind................. :#

• Options
    edited January 23, 2022 4:03PM

It's 27-13 Rams lead with 4:07 to go, the Rams should have this game won. The Bucs had their chances but couldn't get it done.

• Options

Brady!

• Options

And right when I say that, the Bucs go 77 yards in three plays and score! 😂😂

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    Brady!

Unbelievable throw from Brady.

• Options

Burn baby burn

• Options

Do they go for 2?

• Options
    edited January 23, 2022 4:11PM

If the Bucs score, I wouldn't risk a two point conversion, but it would be entertaining so I hope they do!

• Options
    edited January 23, 2022 4:19PM

Bucs score, this game is tied!

• Options
  • Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice Tampa pass defense.............

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

I’m going nuts internally

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23, 2022 4:26PM

3rd game this weekend with a walk off field goal - try for 4??????

EDIT: and the ROAD team

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

Rams win!

• Options

Best team won

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Third straight walk off by the underdog road team

COPPER KUPP

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

Incredible drive by LA after a great comeback by the Bucs. Obviously this was a playoff game by Cooper Kupp this season has made a legit case that he might have been the most valuable player in football.
    If this was it for Tom, he can hold his head high after bringing his team back after that first half. Its gonna suck not being able to watch him play any longer if he decides to retire.

• Options

@Hydrant said:
    Bucs get questionable fumble recovery on their one yard line with 4 seconds left in the half with Rams up 20-3......look for every call to go in favor of the Bucs in the second half.......the Rams have their work cut out for them.....at this point.....the Rams are playing against the Bucs and the NFL power structure.... Gotta be a Rams fan to know what I'm talking about.

This might have been the case with Ed Hochuli out there but not on Shawn Hochuli's watch lol.

• Options

@BillJones said:

And a terrible day for Matthew Stafford haters

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    MisterTim1962MisterTim1962 Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

Never let the best player on a team beat you. Why have single coverage on Cooper Kupp? DUH!

• Options
    edited January 23, 2022 4:34PM

@Justacommeman said:

@BillJones said:

m

I never said I hated him. I am no fan of California, however.

The pass defense really let the Bucs down. They didn’t show up after a great comeback.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭✭✭

if the Rams had given that game away I would've needed therapy

• Options
    edited January 23, 2022 4:53PM

@BillJones said:

@Justacommeman said:

@BillJones said:

m

I never said I hated him. I am no fan of California, however.

The pass defense really let the Bucs down. They didn’t show up after a great comeback.

I never said you did. I agree with what you were conveying. I just added to it.

I'm no fan of Florida however

m

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23, 2022 4:58PM

O.k........Rams/Bucs is history. Now I want to see the Bills win!!! I really like Josh Allen...... That kid is tough!.........Go Bills!!!

• Options

@Hydrant said:
    O.k........Rams/Bucs is history. Now I want to see the Bills win!!! I really like Josh Allen...... That kid is tough!.........Go Bills!!!

So do I.

• Options

Man what a play by #15

m

• Options

@BillJones said:

@Hydrant said:

So do I.

He is a stud

m

• Options

The Chiefs and Bills are tied up at 14-14 at the half, a good battle so far.

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm starting to feel it.

The three games so far have all been won in the final seconds by the visiting kicker.

Chiefs - Bills are tied at halftime, and the Chiefs just missed a FG.

Cue the spooky music................................................

Steve

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

@Tabe said:

@Justacommeman said:

@Tabe said:

@Justacommeman said:
    As if the GB special teams weren't bad enough the first 59:56 seconds of the game they only had 10 players on the field for the game winning field goal

m

They had a returner deep in case of a miss.

There was no one back there

https://youtu.be/lAwuDn3cF7Q

That's what I get for believing friends and not checking first. My mistake.

But I'm your friend too!

m

This is true :)