Home Sports Talk
Options

NFL Playoffs thread

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

Team sack needs to be caregul

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,079 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here we go, 52 yard field goal for the Bengals win.

• Options

Miss it!

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

The Bengals win.

• Options

Did the best team win?

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22, 2022 5:34PM

Bengals win!!!!! I like it! Don't think they can get past the Chiefs or Bills....but....who in Cincinnati cares about that right now!!!!!

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,488 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22, 2022 5:35PM

@MsMorrisine said:
    Did the best team win?

Tennessee didn’t perform when it counted. Henry had a sub-par game. Tannahill threw too many interceptions.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

The Titans had their chances, they blew it, Tannehill threw 3 interceptions.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bet the best QB I say. Porous OL, 9 sacks vs Tannehill. Lmao. Titans were a joke as a #1 seed.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

The road to the Super Bowl goes through Buffalo

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cincy Sweet, 1 upset completed, 2 more?

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options

9 sacks but good D by B's

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options

Garoppolo int was a very sloppy and ill advised throw......

• Options

Dare I say it - Rodgers has a good arm.................

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,488 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22, 2022 8:30PM

Garoppolo’s short comings have been on display tonight. He is prone telegraphing sideline throws that pose huge risks for pick sixes.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

Can they?

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

YES!

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

WOW! Packers stunned!!!!!!!!!!!

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

Wow both #1's go down. The Road to SuperBowl goes through Bradyville now

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@BillJones said:
    Garoppolo’s short comings have been on display tonight. He is prone telegraphing sideline throws that pose huge risks for pick sixes.

Oh, well......

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

First half, it looked like the Niners had no chance. Crazy.

• Options

The Niners beat the Packers for one simple reason......they are the better team.......Interesting because the Niners were the 3rd. place team in the NFC West.....something to think about.🤔

• Options

And.....Did anyone else see Jimmy G. with a smile on his face at crunch time with only seconds left on the clock? I saw it.......the man feels no pressure.

• Options
    MisterTim1962MisterTim1962 Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

The Niners beat the Packers for one simple reason......they are the better team.......Interesting because the Niners were the 3rd. place team in the NFC West.....something to think about.

Wrong. They got lucky on a blocked punt for a TD. Jimmy G was a joke all night long. Packers always play too conservatively and lose these types of games. Blame it on the coaching staff, not the players.

• Options

@Justacommeman said:
    Green Bay gets SF at Lambeau next week. I'm sure they would have rather had the winner of the LA/ Arizona game.

m

I agree with you.

m

• Options
    edited January 22, 2022 9:27PM

As if the GB special teams weren't bad enough the first 59:56 seconds of the game they only had 10 players on the field for the game winning field goal

m

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,163 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22, 2022 10:29PM

everyone is going to talk about Green Bay's inept special teams, but Rodgers was awful. i expected Jimmy G to struggle and he did, but i certainly didn't expect AR to look like a fish out of water in those elements. he couldn't make a throw when his team needed it most. that long pass to Aaron Jones at the end of the first half looks like a great play on its face, but Rodgers may very well have cost his team the game by not hitting him in stride. if he does it's a house call and a 14-0 lead at half.

and in the 4th the Packers had one first down. i kept waiting for a 20-yard laser to basically put the game on ice, but it never came. dude could not make a play. he acted like he had never played in cold, wind & snow before

if that wasn't his last game in GB then i'll be as surprised as i am now with how that game played out

• Options

This was the Bye day

• Options

Well two road teams know off the #1 seeds. Both road teams tomorrow have good chances to win as well. I doubt four road teams have ever won all four games before.

m

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭

Thank you San Fran!

• Options

@MisterTim1962 said:

The Niners beat the Packers for one simple reason......they are the better team.......Interesting because the Niners were the 3rd. place team in the NFC West.....something to think about.

Wrong. They got lucky on a blocked punt for a TD. Jimmy G was a joke all night long. Packers always play too conservatively and lose these types of games. Blame it on the coaching staff, not the players.

That blocked punt wasn't lucky.

GB is the more talented team. But, SF smashed their way to victory. That was ManBall

m

• Options
    paulb71paulb71 Posts: 291 ✭✭✭✭

2 things
    1. Now Rodgers has some free time to get vaccinated

2 the la lams just got really nervous lol

• Options
    edited January 22, 2022 10:29PM

@MisterTim1962 said:

Excuse me.....but blocked punts returned for TDs are not a matter of luck. Its all about talent and a burning desire to win. Special team guys practice all year long for just that play at just that moment......and.....Jimmy G. is deceptively good......see it or not. A quarterback does not get to the Championship game if he's a "joke".....give the Niners credit......they won.....fair and square. Luck played no part in the outcome of the game. The Packers won their division that had 3 bad teams.....Vikings, Bears, and Lions. Easy pickings. The Niners played 3 very good teams in their division.... Rams, Cardinals, and Seahawks....... Best division in the NFL......3 teams from the division made the playoffs. The Niners were prepared, they played a tough schedule .. the Packers weren't prepared, they played a very weak schedule......deal with it.

P.S. The Niners blocked TWO kicks in the game. That's not luck my friend. It's good special team football. George Allen is looking down from Football Heaven with a big smile on his face.......he was the best......BLOCK THAT KICK!.......Luck is when preparation meets opportunity...... George Allen... a legend...R.IP.

• Options
    edited January 22, 2022 9:54PM

Oh

That’s bad imagery for the visual imaginaries

“Man’s Football” “Man’s Football” “Man’s Football” “Man’s Football” “Man’s Football”

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

This really does give me more appreciation for what Brady has accomplished regardless of Tom
    losing to the Rams tommorrow. Rodgers is supposed to be the next best behind the GOAT but
    can't even win a game when the Packers are the No. 1 seed playing the 6 seed. But I did call it.
    I said the Packers were soft and they showed it tonight.
    Also the niners have a much better coaching staff than GB.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

Enjoy your MVP award Rodgers, but when the playoffs start you should just fake an injury and sit out.
    11-10 career playoff record if I'm not mistaken.
    Wow Mahomes is 26 years old and played in more Super Bowls than you have. B)

• Options
    edited January 22, 2022 10:04PM

The 3 best teams in the NFC this season, by far, were the Bucs, Rams, and Niners. The Packers hoopla is just like the Cowboy hoopla.....hype, hype...hype...two so-so teams that won in rotten divisions. All hype......tomorrow's game will be good. Rams/Bucs. Whoever wins that game really doesn't matter because the championship game will be between two of the Three best teams in the conference.......it doesn't get any better! Go Bucs! Go Rams! I love the game!!!!!!

• Options

Jimmy G. is deceptively good

He must be the Houdini of football because he sure looks like a clown out there!

Tonight's stats for the "deceptively good" Jimmy G: 11 for 19 for 132 yards passing with O TDs and 1 INT. QB rating of 57.1. Pathetic numbers, period.

• Options
    edited January 22, 2022 10:15PM

Tomorrow is going to be great....Bucs/Rams......Bills/Chiefs! The 4 best teams in the league going head to head! On the same day!
    Whoa!!!!! But......don't count out the Bengals and Niners at the end! This playoff season is GOOD! Can't remember a better one.

• Options

I want those games to replay. I’m still pumped.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    As if the GB special teams weren't bad enough the first 59:56 seconds of the game they only had 10 players on the field for the game winning field goal

m

They had a returner deep in case of a miss.

• Options
    edited January 23, 2022 1:16AM

@Tabe said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

There was no one back there

https://youtu.be/lAwuDn3cF7Q

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

@Tabe said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

That's what I get for believing friends and not checking first. My mistake.

• Options

It doesn't surprise me too much that the Packers lost, they barely escaped the Browns a few weeks back and Baker Mayfield threw 4 interceptions in that game, so they had kinks in their armour.

• Options

My predictions of the winners this weekend above:

Cincy
    KC
    SF
    LA

Two of my upsets came through. Today we will see what happens as that's why they play.

Best, SH

• Options
    edited January 23, 2022 10:10AM

@Hydrant said:
    The Niners beat the Packers for one simple reason......they are the better team.......Interesting because the Niners were the 3rd. place team in the NFC West.....something to think about.🤔

They won 7 of their last 9 reg season tho', now 2 more in the playoffs so something must be right.

• Options

@Tabe said:

@Justacommeman said:

@Tabe said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

That's what I get for believing friends and not checking first. My mistake.

But I'm your friend too!

m

• Options

@spacehayduke said:
    My predictions of the winners this weekend above:

Cincy
    KC
    SF
    LA

Two of my upsets came through. Today we will see what happens as that's why they play.

Best, SH

3-1 isn’t bad

W.C.Fields
  • Options

I'm watching the Rams vs Bucs game here, the Rams looked good on their opening drive, but have to settle for a field goal, Rams lead 3-0.

• Options
    edited January 23, 2022 1:22PM

The Rams are already getting pressure on Brady, the Bucs have to punt.