doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is going to be a fun tournament!

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gotta love Playoff Football!

Cincy is my dark horse

AZ vs Rams, Dallas vs SF are going to be very interesting games

KC smashes Pittsburgh and rightfully so, those clowns got no business even being in the playoffs

Tampa should handle the Eagles

Pats I’m skeptical of but obviously will be rooting for them with tapered expectations.

Cincy vs Raiders both are capable of throwing up 40 points or throwing up all over themselves. I’m leaning towards Cincy making some noise and advancing

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the Steelers are screwed there, it looks like one and done for them! 😂😂

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

There will be a lot of interest in Orchard Park Saturday night. The third match up between the Bills-Patriots in less than 2 months. Weather will be a factor. 2 degrees at game time but only 5 MPH winds. Patriots 1-3 in their last 4 with the lone victory against Jacksonville.
    Buffalo seems to have righted the ship since the second half in the Tampa games Winning 4 in a row by double digits.
    Buffalo brings the #1 defense and #5 offense against the Patriots.
    Rookie QB, #1 defense, hostile environment and sub zero temperatures.
    I believe it will be the most watched game of the weekend.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    There will be a lot of interest in Orchard Park Saturday night. The third match up between the Bills-Patriots in less than 2 months. Weather will be a factor. 2 degrees at game time but only 5 MPH winds. Patriots 1-3 in their last 4 with the lone victory against Jacksonville.
    Buffalo seems to have righted the ship since the second half in the Tampa games Winning 4 in a row by double digits.
    Buffalo brings the #1 defense and #5 offense against the Patriots.
    Rookie QB, #1 defense, hostile environment and sub zero temperatures.
    I believe it will be the most watched game of the weekend.

@2dueces whatever happens, I just look forward to some great years of the AFC East going forward. It was a lot of fun this year.

Is that a typo, or is that an Eagles logo I see up there? Are the Eagles in the playoffs? Are my glasses working properly?

It's obvious you guys want a quote from me about the 49ers vs Cowboys game this weekend, so here you go, I said this on the radio recently.

How does Mustache Jerry Jones define success? Is it title or bust for the Cowboys?

Jones on @1053thefan: “Oh, unquestionably. There’s no in between. … A lot of it has to do with availability of your players. We’re in real good shape right now. So we should be excited.”

Does anyone really think Tom Brady goes one and done at home against the Eagles?
    The only team that the Eagles beat above.500 was the Saints and that was against Trevor Siemian. They played 4 games against WFT and the Giants and a 4th place schedule. I just can’t see it. The Bucs are only 8.5 point favorites. If I was a betting man, ( I definitely am!!!), I’m given the points and lighting cigars dipped in brandy by halftime.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

@2dueces said:
    Does anyone really think Tom Brady goes one and done at home against the Eagles?
    The only team that the Eagles beat above.500 was the Saints and that was against Trevor Siemian. They played 4 games against WFT and the Giants and a 4th place schedule. I just can’t see it. The Bucs are only 8.5 point favorites. If I was a betting man, ( I definitely am!!!), I’m given the points and lighting cigars dipped in brandy by halftime.

I agree that he is unlikely to be one and done, but I would not trust Brady to cover in these scenarios. This is just based on everything I have heard over the years. I might be way off. I have always heard that Brady is great straight up but not against the spread.

@thisistheshow said:

@2dueces said:

I agree that he is unlikely to be one and done, but I would not trust Brady to cover in these scenarios. This is just based on everything I have heard over the years. I might be way off. I have always heard that Brady is great straight up but not against the spread.

I was watching the weather closely and it looks like the storms will be gone by game time in Tampa. The only way the Eagles had a chance was rainy, windy and sloppy. I would have like to see that but unfortunately for the Eagles it looks like sunshine in Florida on Sunday

W.C.Fields

Just an FYI. Have you seen the shopping list that is the Patriots injury list. I counted 20+ on the list. Even if they play the cold really amplifies a sore ankle, knee or tight hamstring.

W.C.Fields
  • Just an FYI. Have you seen the shopping list that is the Patriots injury list. I counted 20+ on the list. Even if they play the cold really amplifies a sore ankle, knee or tight hamstring.

Belichick has been pulling that one for years. He likes to annoy the powers to be by making a mockery of the injured list.

I'll make my picks for this weekend, just for kicks.

Chiefs
    Bills
    Bengals
    Bucs
    Cowboys
    Rams

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭✭✭

My kicks...I mean picks
    Cincinnati
    Buffalo
    Tampa
    San Fran
    Kansas City
    Arizona

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 15, 2022 12:26PM

@doubledragon said:

Chiefs
    Bills
    Bengals
    Bucs
    Cowboys
    Rams

I'm going:
    Bengals
    Patriots
    Bucs
    Cowboys
    Chiefs
    Rams

Kansas City
    New England
    Cincinnati
    Tampa
    Dallas
    LA

• countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anybody else discombobulated to see that the Cowboys-49ers game is going to be broadcast on CBS tomorrow? On the other hand, besides the 94 NFC Championship Game, all their other previous playoff meetings were on CBS, so I guess we're flashing back to the 80s and 90s tomorrow. Now if we just had Summarall and Madden to do the commentary.

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

Chiefs
    Bills
    Bengals
    Bucs
    Cowboys
    Rams

I'm sorry, but you have to remember, I am the owner of the Cowboys. 🤔

The only way the Patriots stop Josh Allen is to lock him in the locker room for 60 minutes.

W.C.Fields
    edited January 15, 2022 3:23PM

It's 13-3 Bengals lead. The Raiders need to be careful and not let this game get out of hand, Cincinnati has the momentum right now, the Raiders need a touchdown and soin!

Hmm, the Bengals are starting to slap the Raiders around, it's 20-6 Bengals lead now.

edited January 16, 2022 8:25AM

God, the Raiders just can't get the ball in the endzone, they're inept, the Raiders owner Mark Davis has to be going nuts at his desk. What say you Mark?

• MisterTim1962MisterTim1962 Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

The only way the Patriots stop Josh Allen is to lock him in the locker room for 60 minutes.

Or just do what they did the last time they played in Buffalo: He was 15 for 30 with 145 yards passing and one TD. He does that lousy again and it will be a Pats blowout.

The Raiders offense just can't get anything going, this one is over.

Oh my goodness, the Raiders finally made it to the red zone!

The Raiders have to settle for a field goal, what a surprise.

2:35 to go in this game, the Bengals have the ball and lead 26-19.

The Bengals have to punt, the Raiders are going to get a chance at a last drive to tie it up.

The Raiders are driving, they're in Bengals territory.

The Raiders are at the Bengals 10 yard line, :29 seconds to go in the game.

3rd and goal.

4th and goal, this is it.

Intercepted, the Bengals win!

• CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    4th and goal, this is it.

Its over

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

Bengals 1st in 31 years

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,

Great game.

Up next, it's the game we've all been waiting for......

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jones will have to play like young Brady to get past Buffalo. I don’t see it happening.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

Whoa, it's cold, you can see the players breath when they breathe, I love it, this is football!

edited January 15, 2022 6:24PM

Allen is running around like Jim Brown. I smell a blow out.

Yep, Allen gets to stand in the backfield for 10 minutes then throws a touchdown. This is going to be a long night for New England.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

@BillJones said:
    Allen is running around like Jim Brown. I smell a blow out.

That was an unbelievable, Allen was a beast on that drive.

When an NFL quarterback can stand around in the backfield forever, as Allen just did, even one of your “Carolina trash cans” could cut the defense to pieces.

edited January 15, 2022 6:43PM

New England can’t stop the Buffalo offense. This very un-Belichick, but he’s got no answers for Allen.

The Patriots D is awful

@BillJones said:
    When an NFL quarterback can stand around in the backfield forever, as Allen just did, even one of your “Carolina trash cans” could cut the defense to pieces.

No, I think we would still find a way to screw it up. 😂😂

edited January 15, 2022 7:08PM

@perkdog said:
    The Patriots D is awful

So far they are a no show. Buffalo can run this up to 5 or 6 touchdown win. This is really embarrassing for Belichick. He does not have the horses on either side of the ball.

The New England defense is the “tissue curtain.”

This game is a total bore. It’s on to last night’s “Blue Bloods.”

edited January 15, 2022 7:08PM

Man, it's 20-0 Bills lead, this one is over.

Make that 27-0.
    Bills can’t rush the ball. Oops 140 yards in the first half. 4 drives, 4 TD’s.
    Light your cigars boys. This puppy is over.

W.C.Fields

@doubledragon said:
    Up next, it's the game we've all been waiting for......

Is it too late to send some of these to that New England sideline? A handful for each player should be enough to wake up both sides of the ball.