Home Sports Talk
Options

NFL Playoffs thread

Comments

• Options
    charliej2356charliej2356 Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

Belistick's post-game interview should be a classic!

• Options
    dogwooddogwood Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭

Nothing quite like a 49ers-Cowboys playoff game.
    I hope every player has fun and nobody gets hurt.
    B)

We're all born MS70. I'm about a Fine 15 right now.
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the drive chart. 7 drives, 7 TDS against the defensive genius. Yeah it was all Belichick. Tom was just a system QB. Lmao

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good thing the Cavs were on the same time as the "Massacre at Highmark Stadium" was in progress

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

congratulations @2dueces Enjoy it while you can...lol

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭✭

I went to bed when it was 20-0 last night, I knew it was over, congrats @2dueces.

• Options

I'm looking forward to the 49ers vs Cowboys game today, I want to see how my Cowboys handle this game, I paid a lot of money to my players this season and now it's time for them to deliver me a playoff win.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭✭

man, that was ugly. congrats to the Bills. I hope they make it to the Super Bowl.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations to @2dueces you guys dominated us. I went to bed at the half, I knew they were going to be steamrolled, it is what it is. The Bills got the better team.

Good luck, I would like to see Brady get another ring, if not then I’m hoping to see Dallas or Cincy win it but won’t be upset if the Bills get one.

• Options

Thank guys. The Bills were getting it together and hot at the right time of year. They found their Deebo Samuals gadget guy and can run the ball. Tough environment for a rookie to come into but Jones wasn’t the Patriots problem. Too many injuries, too much Josh Allen.
    They beat KC earlier in the year and lost to Tennessee when Allen slipped on a QB sneak. They proved they can play with anyone. On to KC, again.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

Odds of a Patriots - Bucs Super Bowl just took a hit.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

Well anyone but Tennessee, Green Bay or Pittsburgh

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Well anyone but Tennessee, Green Bay or Pittsburgh

You won’t have to worry about Pittsburg after tonight. Rossusberger (sp) has run out of rabbits’ feet.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    edited January 16, 2022 11:23AM

I'm watching the Eagles vs Bucs game, the Bucs scored on their opening drive, they lead 7-0. I wonder if stevek is out there somewhere, watching? 🤔

• Options

The Eagles offense looks pitiful right now, they cannot move the ball.

• Options

Yes, the Bucs just scored again, it's 14-0 Bucs lead.

• Options
    edited January 16, 2022 12:17PM

The Bucs get a field goal, it's 17-0 the Bucs lead. The Eagles defense sacked Tom Brady and they celebrate, what the heck are they celebrating about, they've given up 17 points and it's only the 2nd quarter.

• Options

The Eagles are desperate, going for it on 4th and 10 and not getting it.

• Options

Man, watching the Eagles on offense is enough to make you nauseous.

• Options

And the Eagles just fumbled the kickoff return, Bucs ball. I give up, I've had it, I can no longer watch the Eagles play, it makes you want to puke watching this team try to play the game of football!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I8sHhpZDwpI

• Options

TOMPA with just a scrimmage today.

• Options

By 7pm tonight the NFL least will be out of the playoffs…… again

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Ok fellas, here we go, 49ers vs Cowboys!

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

How on God's Green Earth did the Eagles get to the playoffs???? That is one horrible team! The league should have put the Seahawks into the playoffs on a mercy ruling......4 teams from the NFC West......best division in the league by a country mile....and.....it would have spared Philly fans the humiliation! Jalen Hurts?????........give me a break..... in hurts to watch him play!!!!!

• Options

@Hydrant said:
    How on God's Green Earth did the Eagles get to the playoffs???? That is one horrible team! The league should have put the Seahawks into the playoffs on a mercy ruling......4 teams from the NFC West......best division in the league by a country mile....and.....it would have spared Philly fans the humiliation! Jalen Hurts?????........give me a break..... in hurts to watch him play!!!!!

That’s why I feel the 49ers are better prepared. Their competition was much harder. Besides the Eagles Dallas was 0-4 against playoff teams.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

The 49ers just drove it right down the Cowboys throat, 49ers lead 7-0, Dallas has there work cut out for them.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2022 2:54PM

@doubledragon said:
    The 49ers just drove it right down the Cowboys throat, 49ers lead 7-0, Dallas has there work cut out for them.

SF is sneaky good. Fun to watch. Next drive can be a Kittle drive.

SF is a physical team . Dallas is a talented finesse team. Let's see if they decide to hit back or not

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@Justacommeman said:

@doubledragon said:

SF is sneaky good. Fun to watch. Next drive can be a Kittle drive.

SF is a physical team . Dallas is a talented finesse team. Let's see if they decide to hit back or not

m

Deebo Samuel is also a beast, the 49ers are indeed sneaky good, I have a bad feeling about this for Dallas.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dallas looks lost.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    edited January 16, 2022 3:19PM

Yes, Dallas does look lost, they need to get fired up, be aggressive, this is our house! If the 49ers score again, Dallas is in serious trouble.

• Options

Dallas looking like they are doing their JV team thing again.

They are so inconsistent it’s ridiculous

• Options

Ok now we got 13-7.

Dallas apparently heard my gripe about them

• Options

Now we finally got ourselves a game!

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sense that the next 'The Catch' is coming today. No wait, Joe Montana retired? :#

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options

S.F. is NOT sneaky good.... They run the ball right down the defenses throat!.......Nothing sneaky about that!!!!!

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2022 4:19PM

Just to reminisce, where were you when The Catch happened? I was in the Fish Bowl at University of Oregon (Recall the food fight in Animal House, yup, that place), watching the game on the 20" grainy signal and kind of color TV in the corner. The place was packed full of students, it was a Sunday, the quarter had just started, no exams to study for yet. Oregonians were (are) 9er fans or Hawk fans, or like me at that time, both, and we hates them 'Boys, yes we hate them my precious. As Montana took them down the field the tension in the 'Bowl rose with it. 3rd and 6 (corrected, just checked), all quiet in the room, this is it, now or, only the TV narrator and crowd noise, narry a sound in the 'Bowl isself. Then, 'Oh no! Montana is throwing it away over the end zone!'. No, Clark leaps, brings it down, OMG the rest is history and it took the 9ers to many a SB win. A great moment in sports, at least for 9er fans and one of the Duck life moments I will never forget......

Best, SH

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options

I was just a youngster when the catch happened, I was watching the game with my dad in our living room and I just remember being amazed at Montana throwing on the run and how Taylor went up and grabbed it, a phenomenonal play by both Montana and Taylor.

• Options

Dallas just cannot get anything going on offense, this is frustrating to watch.

• Options
    edited January 16, 2022 4:41PM

The 49ers just scored again, it's 23-7, this game is over, Dallas isn't coming back.

• Options

3rd. Quarter power rush S.F. Touchdown! Like I said......nothing sneaky.....just straight forward in your face football!.....The Cowboys are TOAST!

• Options

@Hydrant said:
    3rd. Quarter power rush S.F. Touchdown! Like I said......nothing sneaky.....just straight forward in your face football!.....The Cowboys are TOAST!

Hats off to the 49ers, they came in fired up, ready to play.

• Options
    edited January 16, 2022 6:26PM

The final 34 seconds of the Niner/ Cowboy game is why I do not like the Cowboy/NFL collusion network...... first take away one game winning first down from the Niners......next.....take away ANOTHER game winning first down from the Niners! on the next play.......then......even CONSIDERING!?..... that there was 1 second left on the clock in order to give the Cowboys THREE!!!....count it...THREE!!!.....cheap crap chances to win the game!!!!!!! On three consecutive plays(?)...... SICK!!!

• Options

@Hydrant said:
    Quess what? The Cowboys are playing a good football team..... for a change......not the Eagles, not the Giants, and not the Washington whoever they are......NFC West Rules!

They are also not helping their cause with ridiculous amounts of penalties either

• Options

Dallas is loaded with talent on both sides of the ball, they should have been better this season than this.

• Options

Mustache Jerry Jones is going to beat the crap out of Mike tomorrow.

• Options

We got a field goal, Dallas got a field goal!

• Options
    MisterTim1962MisterTim1962 Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

Jimmy G comes through again! Yet another bonehead INT by him.

• Options

Touchdown Dallas, can they mount a comeback?

• Options

It's 23-17 49ers lead, Dallas needs a stop.