Home Sports Talk
Options

NFL Playoffs thread

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,098 ✭✭✭✭✭

Defensive holding on Dallas, they're just killing themselves with these penalties.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone’s mustache just sagged into a frown

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

Illegal use of hands to the face on Dallas, geez!

• Options

49ers have to punt, Dallas is going to get a chance at a game winning drive.

• Options

Dallas in 49ers territory.

• Options

3rd and 11, Dallas needs a first down.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,489 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2022 5:37PM

It’s “roller derby” time for Dallas. The big come from behind victory is in the wings. On to Tampa for Dallas. Jimmy G. has shown one more reason why Belichick let him go.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Romo needs to calm down - he's gonna have a heart attack being a "non partial" broadcaster

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

Holding on Dallas, 4th and 11, this is it.

• Options

That's it, game over, 49ers win.

• Options

@doubledragon said:

Hold on, Romo says it's not over just yet.........he still has hope

• Options
    edited January 16, 2022 5:53PM

Penalties just ended the “roller derby” comeback. Dallas has flagged themselves out.

False start. The “roller derby” continues. The league does all it can for “America’s Team.”

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    edited January 16, 2022 5:53PM

@Steven59 said:

@doubledragon said:

Hold on, Romo says it's not over just yet.........he still has hope

We need a miracle!

• Options

Time to change the channel

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

One last chance, only a miracle can save us now!

• Options
    edited January 16, 2022 5:58PM

Wanna bet that the Cowboys win? I’m betting it. It’s “roller derby.”

Gee! I didn’t count on a stupid play. The Dallas coach is an idiot.

• Options

WTF is Dallas doing?

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dumb

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

what was that?

• Options

WOW! Never saw a game end that way before...........

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    what was that?

Dumb

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

What the, did that just happen?

• Options

Times like this is when Dimeman is missed the most.

m

• Options

San Francisco was reeling, and the Dallas coach came up with that. :p

• Options

What you rather have?

Two or three throws to end zone from the 40 or one or less from the 24? Well you got the latter. Dumb on so many levels

m

• Options
    edited January 16, 2022 6:33PM

@BillJones said:

Well Kellen Moore can explain that one when he interviews for Head Coaching vacancies over the next few weeks

m

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    What the, did that just happen?

m

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    WTF is Dallas doing?

m

• Options

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

McCarthy makes Jason Garrett look like Bill Belichick.

No discipline, no focus, way too many mistakes.

At least Cooper got me the 57.5 yds receiving..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

That's it, Mustache Jerry Jones is going to beat the crap out of Mike tomorrow!

• Options

Green Bay gets SF at Lambeau next week. I'm sure they would have rather had the winner of the LA/ Arizona game.

m

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2022 6:36PM

Well.....the Cowboys played a good football team tonight and of course they lost. Unfortunately for Dallas the Niners aren't the Eagles, or the Giants, or the Admirals. Oh, well.....The NFC West with the exception of Tampa and Green Bay have the best 4 teams in the league...... including Seattle......That's just the way it is......

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,166 ✭✭✭✭✭

same song, 147th verse for Dallas

dysfunctional, undisciplined paper tigers

a home playoff game and they immediately start eating punches from the road team

14 penalties, some of which were of the completely surreal variety and basically murdered their season

8-track lamb is this supposed stud............thanks for showing up stud with your one catch that only happened because someone else caught the ball and latereled it to you

but the one thing that would send me over the edge if i was a cowboys fan is mccarthy's relunctance to give tony pollard more touches. fast, quick, electric. nah, let's keep feeding grandpa elliott the lion's share and watch him defecate all over himself in quicksand. 12 carries for 31 and one catch for zero. a slightly bigger impact on the game than 8-track had.

i am so happy they did not pull a rabbit out of the hat. they had no business winning that game from the opening kickoff

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,484 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I was just a youngster when the catch happened, I was watching the game with my dad in our living room and I just remember being amazed at Montana throwing on the run and how Taylor went up and grabbed it, a phenomenonal play by both Montana and Taylor.

Clark my friend. Taylor moments (and Rice moments) were to come later. But all were amazing.

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    edited January 16, 2022 6:57PM

Garappolo was not great, nor Prescott. Next round, real problem for SF..............

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options

@galaxy27, I’ll agree that Dallas should not have won going into the fourth quarter. Until Dallas got the breaks, had no claims to winning that game.

• Options

@Justacommeman said:
    What you rather have?

Two or three throws to end zone from the 40 or one or less from the 24? Well you got the latter. Dumb on so many levels

m

3rd 'Dumb'. Like.

• Options

@Hydrant said:
    Well.....the Cowboys played a good football team tonight and of course they lost. Unfortunately for Dallas the Niners aren't the Eagles, or the Giants, or the Admirals. Oh, well.....The NFC West with the exception of Tampa and Green Bay have the best 4 teams in the league...... including Seattle......That's just the way it is......

Maybe an upset for the 9ers, but next round? I, don't, think, so. Even, though, it would be great to relive the past. No Montana, no Clark, no Rice, no Taylor, no Craig, no Lott, no.............. Just, no.

• Options

@Justacommeman said:
    Green Bay gets SF at Lambeau next week. I'm sure they would have rather had the winner of the LA/ Arizona game.

m

Green slaughter (sadly).

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@BillJones said:

Well Kellen Moore can explain that one when he interviews for Head Coaching vacancies over the next few weeks

m

Naw. The Cowboys kept Jason Garrett around for years after he should have disappeared. Then Jason went to the Giants where he kept their tradition alive.

• Options

Have you ever seen them together?? I think not

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

m

Oh, yea!

• Options

@BillJones said:

@Justacommeman said:

@BillJones said:

m

Naw. The Cowboys kept Jason Garrett around for years after he should have disappeared. Then Jason went to the Giants where he kept their tradition alive.

I'm talking about Kellen Moore the Offensive Coordinator. He's going to be interviewing for Head Coaching Jobs. I'm not talking about Mike McCarthy

m

• Options

@Justacommeman said:
    Have you ever seen them together?? I think not

Use the force Luke.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has anyone told KC they have a playoff game today?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@grote15 said:

They will wake up, stay tuned.............

• Options

@spacehayduke said:

@grote15 said:

KC TD

• Options
    edited January 16, 2022 7:20PM

@spacehayduke said:

@grote15 said:

This game will get one-sided in the second half. The Pittsburg offense is as dead as the 2021-2 Dallas Cowboys.

• Options
    edited January 16, 2022 7:20PM

@BillJones said:

@spacehayduke said:

@grote15 said:

This game will get one-sided in the second half. The Pittsburg offense is as dead as the 2021 Dallas Cowboys.

Ben's last game? He needs a Randall Hoard LC in 64-65.