Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Octoberfest of Cards - show your pickups!!

Went to the Doctor. He said I had a severe "case" of Rookies and HOFers....

Comments

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    Went to the Doctor. He said I had a severe "case" of Rookies and HOFers....

wowza.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Frozencaribou said:
    Great pickups shared already!

I've been looking for the right Griffey bowman rookie for years. Finally pulled the trigger on this one...

Very nice! Any little off center with those white borders and they get ugly real fast.

• Options
    SoxPatsFanSoxPatsFan Posts: 196 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 3, 2021 9:14AM

@ScoobyDoo2 said:
    2018 Topps Chrome Update Juan Soto RC /99

As a Red Sox fan, Soto has been scaring the hell out of me this weekend. He's just missed a few pitches which could have easily downed the Sox. Big game today with #1 Wild Card on the line - If I were Alex Cora I would intentionally walk him every time today.

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm gonna say no way PSA authenticates that '71 TGM card but it's really cool! Is the back fully printed?

Daniel
  • Options
    PNWcollectorPNWcollector Posts: 302 ✭✭✭✭

@BaltimoreYankee said:
    I'm gonna say no way PSA authenticates that '71 TGM card but it's really cool! Is the back fully printed?

Yea, back looks just like the production card. See below.

• Options
    slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

picked these ones up

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AFLfan said:
    The new Topps Premier Lacrosse League cards are arriving on doorsteps this week. I ordered 30 packs and they arrived yesterday. My kids and I had a blast opening them. My daughter typically has the hot hand when we open cards, but I came through with probably the best pull of my hobby life!

1/1

That’s awesome! Congrats Todd!

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

felt like i stole this. absolutely thrilled it actually arrived.

• Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

This little guy just topped off a really stellar season.

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blurryface said:

Is this holder from Topps? Hadn't seen it before.

• Options
    edited October 5, 2021 10:54PM

@daltex said:

@blurryface said:

yes. these were issued at their “e-con” convention way back in the day when topps was trying to get the “etopps” brand up and running. some are of /1s, others are /5s, and of /25s. the cards themselves are stamped inside and then factory slabbed. while the brand ultimately fizzled out due to poor management, they were basically the predecessors of where the hobby seems to be heading with epacks, nfts and digital wise. the regular cards were basically sold online, held at topps and then primarily traded online and transferred from collector portal to collector portal. pretty crazy being back around 2002-3ish…

per the cards themselves, i love the fact that the convention was held in cleveland. home to the rock n roll hall of fame. perfect marriage of early slabbing, rookie cards, guitars & rock n roll. and to tell ya the truth, the flips and holders arent half bad in hand. until recently they coulda been scooped up for next to nothing.

• Options
    edited October 5, 2021 11:37PM

@ScoobyDoo2 said:
    2018 Topps Chrome Update Juan Soto RC /99

not sure how i missed this one earlier, but zoinks scoob!

• Options

@UFFDAH Just WOW! That's a beautiful Cobb. Congrats!

• Options

no words @UFFDAH

• Options
    jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2021 12:06PM

@daltex said:

Econ 5 was in 2007 at Cleveland, and Econ 4 in 2006 at Anaheim, etc etc etc.
    Cleveland was cool as they combined some Rock n Roll HOF designs

I know Chris Frost has a few Clemens ,and a few other collectors maybe a few more scattered. I lost track in 2015 when I stopped buying Clemens items to concentrate more on selling. All my Econ 5 are the 1/1 versions with a few guitar variations, the 2004 stuff the # to 5 Star versions and Palm Tree 1/1.

I may know where another hundred plus sealed show items of various players are ( in my Ma or CT storage- buried)
    These were just what I found here in my Vegas storage

And I know some dealers keep everything- someone has the econ paperwork- see me. I'll pay well for the backup.

ECON 4

ECON 5

• Options
    lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 868 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rexvos said:
    Over the last month or so sold a few things on COMC so I loaded up my cart with random stuff I liked (some random stuff for a few small player collections and hit the button for express rushed shipping and got in this evening

A few cheaper tens

A few for player set projects

And one PC RC add

i wish i had the chipper jones rookie great card!

• Options
    lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 868 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    My first Ty Cobb and the oldest card in my collection!!

i did not know that cards that old can still look like your ty cobb card. the red just jumps out i bet it looks even more amazing in person.

• Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lwehlers - cards in this condition simply amaze me. 111 years old.

• Options

@ndleo said:
    These got back from Newport in a new suit. Can you guess my favorite team when I was growing up as a young lad?

Can you imagine having such a core group as rookies the same year. All they needed was Gibson and that was the complete heart of the WS team.

• Options
    GreedoguyGreedoguy Posts: 147 ✭✭✭

Just added this one. Seems to be woefully undervalued, given his contributions

• Options
    edited October 7, 2021 9:16AM

@lwehlers said:

@UFFDAH said:
    My first Ty Cobb and the oldest card in my collection!!

i did not know that cards that old can still look like your ty cobb card. the red just jumps out i bet it looks even more amazing in person.

@UFFDAH said:

not labeled, but i imagine that had to be from the black swamp find. amazing read, find & score for any of those that arent familiar with the story. very few 100 year old cards id be comfy owning in this type of condition. this is one of them.

• Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blurryface - Hello. From the recently auctioned Newman Collection and described as originally from the Black Swamp find. :)

• Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

@ndleo said:
    These got back from Newport in a new suit. Can you guess my favorite team when I was growing up as a young lad?

Well, you do have a pair each of Braves, Blue Jays and Indians...

I'm going to eventually need that Morris card for my Braves team set.

To Rexvos' point, they not only had those guys all showing up at or around the same time, they also had Jason Thompson and Steve Kemp just slightly ahead of them and they both looked like future stars, too.

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rexvos said:

@ndleo said:

Can you imagine having such a core group as rookies the same year. All they needed was Gibson and that was the complete heart of the WS team.

You should add the (also 1978) rookie of the MVP of that team. (Terrible choice, IMO, but he did win.)

• Options
    thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

I personally don't like/collect the multi player RCs. But seeing these together all in such crispy mint condition - they present beautifully!

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 8, 2021 11:08AM

@UFFDAH said:
    @blurryface - Hello. From the recently auctioned Newman Collection and described as originally from the Black Swamp find. :)

Ah the old black swamp find. I dream of that scenario, an attic find, and then I wake up.

I wonder how much is sitting in garages and attics? Maybe not the old old stuff but probably some good stuff from 1950 - 1980. I would like to do a massive road trip up north searching for hockey cards similar to Al Rosen (Mr.Mint) without totally ripping people off.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

got this record album and framed to protect it .. am unsure what year it is though.. no date on the back

• Options
    edited October 9, 2021 12:51PM

@UFFDAH said:

@Cakes said:

@UFFDAH said:

Ah the old black swamp find. I dream of that scenario, an attic find, and then I wake up.

I wonder how much is sitting in garages and attics? Maybe not the old old stuff but probably some good stuff from 1950 - 1980. I would like to do a massive road trip up north searching for hockey cards similar to Al Rosen (Mr.Mint) without totally ripping people off.

a lot more than one would think. just think last year a guy found his 52 stash in his moms attic. forget the exact deets but among the haul were 5 - 6 mantles that graded out 5 - 8.5, i think. and that was just the real big dog.