Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

****Official Silver Eagle 2021 Silver Reverse Proof Two-Coin Designer Edition Order Thread #2****

Comments

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mindy9773 said:
    I’m sorry I’m just repeating what the pcgs guy said, he said I could not use a voucher. I wanted to get the platinum package to grade these two plus the 5 Morgan’s and peace dollar.

Just So you know, If you want to use the voucher you need to send all four coins at the same time.

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

@djm said:
    Just So you know, If you want to use the voucher you need to send all four coins at the same time.

???

Source

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2, 2021 10:57AM

my order number was 1154XXXX at 1:09PM first day 9/13
    1. Tuesday morning 9/28 shipping method changed to USPS
    2. Wednesday morning 9/29 shipping label printed
    3. Thursday afternoon 9/30 not at USPS yet
    4. Friday morning 10/1 credit card charged
    5. Friday afternoon 10/1 arrived at USPS expected delivery Tuesday 10/5
    6. Saturday morning 10/2 Departed Nashville

"I'll wait for delivery each day until 3:00" " Oh mailman please bring my Mint coins to me"

I will update the progress "As the Hamster Turns"

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

my order is due to be delivered today. hopefully in good (perfect) condition.

• Options
    KdennisonKdennison Posts: 70 ✭✭✭

@Metal said:

@Kdennison said:

@Mgarmy said:
    I hate that for you man

Can't return them either....

Why not?

They won't have a new set to send me. I'd rather keep these, even if they will never realize top value (I collect, do not flip) I will still have them.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kdennison said:

@Metal said:

@Kdennison said:

@Mgarmy said:
    I hate that for you man

Can't return them either....

Why not?

They won't have a new set to send me. I'd rather keep these, even if they will never realize top value (I collect, do not flip) I will still have them.

But you can buy one on the secondary market that you like

• Options

yeah in person these are beautiful

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

Order 11504xxx finally marked as shipped. Almost three weeks for one of the earlier order numbers. But finally something other than Processing,

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2, 2021 5:36PM

Just got updated that my order has left LaVergue,Tennessee and is “on time “ 😉
    Absolutely thanks for the correction 👻

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean “on time”

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

the eagles have landed. now, do I blindly send them in for grading or open the package and inspect first? it seems, by what I read on their website for submissions, that either way is acceptable as long as it doesn't pass the cutoff date for first strike on Oct. 13th. correct me if I'm wrong.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

Correct

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    edited October 3, 2021 6:26AM

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    the eagles have landed. now, do I blindly send them in for grading or open the package and inspect first? it seems, by what I read on their website for submissions, that either way is acceptable as long as it doesn't pass the cutoff date for first strike on Oct. 13th. correct me if I'm wrong.

Since we are still in the FS 'window', I suggest "open & inspect".

If they look good, then you can submit the coins (in capsules) prior to the cutoff date.

FS Reference

Edited to Add:
    At this point in time, there is no reason to send these in "blind".
    This is especially true as a couple of quality issues have been reported earlier in this thread.
    Example #1
    Example #2

• Options
    MaineJimMaineJim Posts: 740 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just out of curiosity what does it cost to send in this set in total to get graded and get all the preferred designations? I've never submitted coins myself and would likely also submit my 2019 enhanced reverse proof eagle which is still sealed.

Jim

• Options

7. Sunday morning 10/3 In Philadelphia could be delivered tomorrow

"I'll wait for delivery each day until 3:00" " Oh mailman please bring my Mint coins to me"

I will update the progress "As the Hamster Turns"

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭

I believe part of the problem with getting items purchased from the mint shipped is the limit of 1 per household. With the 2 coin set that's 125,000 packages. It's great that more people have opportunity to purchase direct but it is going to take longer to get everything shipped.

• Options
    ndeaglesndeagles Posts: 356 ✭✭✭✭

@MaineJim said:

Just out of curiosity what does it cost to send in this set in total to get graded and get all the preferred designations? I've never submitted coins myself and would likely also submit my 2019 enhanced reverse proof eagle which is still sealed.

Jim

https://www.pcgs.com/servicesandfees

• Options

@OLC said:
    I believe part of the problem with getting items purchased from the mint shipped is the limit of 1 per household. With the 2 coin set that's 125,000 packages. It's great that more people have opportunity to purchase direct but it is going to take longer to get everything shipped.

That’s ok. It’s something.

• Options
    vulcanizevulcanize Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 3, 2021 9:24AM

@OLC said:

One would think that the mint was equipped to handle it after all these years of being in existence. Even the Uncirculated Coin Set 2021released last week is being shown as processing for me (and been almost a month since the 2021 ASE Uncirculated Coins went on offer but they already had a December date for roll out to start with).

Logistical nightmare for sure at the mint's end plus it is going to get further delayed in the future because USPS has announced a slowing down

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1064245/mail-delivery-slowdown-usps-to-slow-delivery-starting-october-1

Can only imagine the mayhem when the Morgans and Peace get ready to be shipped out :(

• Options
    edited October 3, 2021 10:47AM

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Just got updated that my order has left LaVergue,Tennessee and is “on time “ 😉
    Absolutely thanks for the correction 👻

Oh my. This is good news 🙀😂😉

• Options

@MaineJim said:

Jim

I did not price out all of the different possibilities, but here is one scenario ...

$??.?? - shipping coins to PCGS
    $69.00 - Silver Membership (provides direct submission privileges; delete if you are already a 'Collectors Club' member);
    $10.00 - Gold Shield ($5.00 x 2 coins; includes TrueView; delete if you do not want it);
    $34.00 - Grading Fee ($17.00 x 2 coins; "modern value" service level with a max coin value of $300.00);
    $36.00 - First Strike ($18.00 x 2 coins; delete if you do not want it);
    $10.00 - Handling Fee (per submission form);
    $22.00 - Return Shipping Fee (1-4 coins; $1 - $1,000 total declared value)

Submission Form

Note - You could select a higher service level for a shorter turnaround time (e.g. "regular"). The new "grading fee" would depend on the level you select.

• Options
    CoinCoinsCoinCoins Posts: 698 ✭✭✭
    09/13/2021  PROCESSING

i haven't heard a word

• Options

@CoinCoins said:
    09/13/2021 PROCESSING

i haven't heard a word

Sorry. I think there’s a couple like yours. Check back through this thread a couple days. Good luck

• Options
    MaineJimMaineJim Posts: 740 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see...so getting the First Strike designation cost more than the actual grading fees? Am I reading that correctly? I guess it does guarantee the coins haven't been submitted multiple times looking for a better grade...not trying to get off topic here but was just considering it.

Thanks,

Jim

@MetroD said:

@MaineJim said:

Jim

I did not price out all of the different possibilities, but here is one scenario ...

$??.?? - shipping coins to PCGS
    $69.00 - Silver Membership (provides direct submission privileges; delete if you are already a 'Collectors Club' member);
    $10.00 - Gold Shield ($5.00 x 2 coins; includes TrueView; delete if you do not want it);
    $34.00 - Grading Fee ($17.00 x 2 coins; "modern value" service level with a max coin value of $300.00);
    $36.00 - First Strike ($18.00 x 2 coins; delete if you do not want it);
    $10.00 - Handling Fee (per submission form);
    $22.00 - Return Shipping Fee (1-4 coins; $1 - $1,000 total declared value)

Submission Form

Note - You could select a higher service level for a shorter turnaround time (e.g. "regular"). The new "grading fee" would depend on the level you select.

• Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

USM11764XXX Ordered 9/15 Shipped

My first order after release date.

• Options

@MaineJim said:
    I see...so getting the First Strike designation cost more than the actual grading fees? Am I reading that correctly? I guess it does guarantee the coins haven't been submitted multiple times looking for a better grade...not trying to get off topic here but was just considering it.

Thanks,

Jim

In this particular case, yes.

I chose "modern value" for the service level (i.e., grading fee = $17.00/coin; max coin value = $300). In short, it was the lowest cost option for this set.

In instances where the coin is more valuable, or you decide to select a higher service level for speed, the grading fee will be greater than the FS designation. For example, a "regular" service level has a grading fee of $38.00/coin, and a max coin value of $2,500.00.

• Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

@MetroD said:

For example, a "regular" service level has a grading fee of $38.00/coin, and a max coin value of $2,500.00.

I've often wondered what the coin value is: if you get a 69 or worse, you could end up with bullion value, a 70 could be worth thousands. The one who submits COA number 00001 could be worth 10s of thousands. Undervalue your submission for cheaper service level or shipping and you under insure it. Get a lesser grade and you'll over insure it. Does CS call when submissions are CLEARLY declared under valued? Is the insurance coverage on return shipping underwritten by PCGS or the carrier?

(l8-)>>

• Options

@edgar said:

[...] Does CS call when submissions are CLEARLY declared under valued? [...]

"If PCGS determines, in its sole discretion and at any point in the process, that the submitted Declared Value has been understated relative to the market value of the item, or the submission form provided by the customer has been incorrectly or incompletely filled out, PCGS reserves the right to adjust the PCGS Grading Fees (including any Shipping or Handling fees) accordingly. Customer acknowledges and agrees that PCGS may adjust/increase any fees as necessary without explicit customer notification."
    PCGS Grading Terms & Conditions (back of the submission form), Clause #6

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well all I can tell you is I just did it, sent in blind, express service level with first strike. Insured each coin for 200 as normally my luck sucks and I pull 69’s. Got lucky this time. They did not raise insurance for 70/70 will arrive here tomorrow

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    edited October 3, 2021 7:12PM

@Mgarmy said:
    Well all I can tell you is I just did it, sent in blind, express service level with first strike. Insured each coin for 200 as normally my luck sucks and I pull 69’s. Got lucky this time. They did not raise insurance for 70/70 will arrive here tomorrow

Congrats on the grades. :)

IMHO, PCGS recognizes the challenge of determining a coin value prior to grading. As such, they do not 'adjust/increase' fees unless there is a moderate-to-material discrepancy. At least that has been my experience. This approach also makes sense from a business perspective.

With respect to the return insurance, I assume that their liability in the event of 'damage/loss' would be limited to the declared value on the submission form (i.e., $200.00 x 2 = $400.00).

• Options
    GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 569 ✭✭✭✭

@GiveMeProof said:
    Now just waiting for my dad's (ahem) set, USM11639xxx. No word yet.

They charged his checking account "Mastermoney Card" but no Email received yet.

• Options

Yep that is what I am thinking. I shot the over on the 2019 S erp…insured for 70 and got a 69…they don’t lower the insurance either😂

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:
    Yep that is what I am thinking. I shot the over on the 2019 S erp…insured for 70 and got a 69…they don’t lower the insurance either😂

Great results, but express at $65 each plus FS $18, plus shipping, handling, I think for a $175 set to pay over $200 to grade them you deserved 70's.

• Options
    JazzmanJABJazzmanJAB Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭✭

These last few entries should start a New Thread for "How to order from PCGS".

• Options
    edited October 4, 2021 5:12AM

Goldmines- I was testing a theory, I think the more that they see of a set, the higher the bar becomes for that particular coin(s). I wanted to be one of the first couple dozen or so in and to do that required two day shipping all over the place and expedited grading. But you are dead on, expensive experiment.

• Options
    edited October 4, 2021 5:23AM

7. Sunday morning 10/3 In Philadelphia could be delivered tomorrow
    8. Monday 10/4 Out for Delivery today 21 days from order to delivery USPS 3 days from receipt to delivery

I will update the progress "As the Hamster Turns

• Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine out for delivery today.

• Options
    numinumi Posts: 29 ✭✭

Received coins on Friday. Opened today. One of the capsules was open and the coin was just sliding around in the box. I have never received a us mint coin in a capsule and the capsule was opened. The coins are solid(70?). The coin was not damaged. Sloppy packing. The shipping box had a custom piece of styrofoam that prevented the inner box from moving within the shipping box.

numi
  • Options

That sucks in so many ways. Glad the coins are ok. I would be very unhappy and then grateful. The mint is something else 👻

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 4, 2021 7:52AM

Somewhat different packing used on my two sets...which were received a day apart.

One set was in the shipping box wrapped in brown craft paper, with no Styrofoam insert to prevent it from sliding around.

The second set was not wrapped in brown paper while there was a Styrofoam block inside the shipping box.

A little odd that there would be simultaneous packing variations.

• Options

Has anything flipped in the past few days?

• Options

My most recent arrival. Different packaging lots of tape. Same coins

• Options
    USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine are arriving today.. I was going to sell it sealed, but off to PCGS it goes tomorrow :)

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tracking History
    October 4, 2021
    Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item
    The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on October 4, 2021 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if/when available.
    Looks like mine is on its way

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    colorcommemcolorcommem Posts: 209 ✭✭✭

My first day order number 11543xxx and is still processing. 😖😖😖

• Options

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    My most recent arrival. Different packaging lots of tape. Same coins

...But more importantly of a question IRT your packages
    ...as this is the 2nd pic you've posted, with the Lava Lamp in the background!

Does the Lava Lamp still work??

:wink:

BST references available on request

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file