Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

****Official Silver Eagle 2021 Silver Reverse Proof Two-Coin Designer Edition Order Thread #2****

Comments

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    I don’t know what they will do with the FS and even more FDOI.

It was once first received by pcgs, I think. It could have been first shipped but how do they know when that was. Which is why we’re wondering how they will handle the peace and Morgans

I do not know for sure.
    That said, they appear to have a plan in place.

Examples of future APMEX offerings:
    CC Privy - FDOI
    CC Privy - FS

• Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 29, 2021 6:11PM

@MsMorrisine said:

It was once first received by pcgs, I think. It could have been first shipped but how do they know when that was. Which is why we’re wondering how they will handle the peace and Morgans

I stand corrected. You are right! First received started the clock.... remember the guy (I believe he is/was a member here) who received his UHR and submitted it while the Mint said none had shipped...The Chinese Book printing recall? They had to restart the clock or there would only have been 1 First Strike elegible coin.

(l8-)>>

• Options

@mintymint said:
    so i can leave my coins unopened in box and grade a year from now and still get first strike?

Second Way to Obtain First Strike Designation:

Source

• Options

@mintymint said:
    so i can leave my coins unopened in box and grade a year from now and still get first strike?

"UNOPENED" yes as long as it was shipped by the mint during the First Strike Window. Only PCGS allows this. I still have sealed boxes from 10 years ago, that I will likely never submit.

(l8-)>>

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,485 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was a member here

He sold his ASAP for what? Was it 10k or 100k

Eventually the mint shipped without the book and sent the book later.

A seemingly much more nimble mint than today.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@edgar said:

@mintymint said:

"UNOPENED" yes as long as it was shipped by the mint during the First Strike Window. Only PCGS allows this. I still have sealed boxes from 10 years ago, that I will likely never submit.

wow thats awesome. good to know. how much do they charge if i wanted the set graded together in one slab. pcgs that is.

• Options

Charlie Camp he became a forum celebrity

(l8-)>>

• Options
    edited September 29, 2021 6:49PM

@mintymint said:

@edgar said:

@mintymint said:

wow thats awesome. good to know. how much do they charge if i wanted the set graded together in one slab. pcgs that is.

It's best not to guess, go straight to the authority. They will verify the First Strike window also.

800-447-8848

You can reach the PCGS customer service department Monday - Friday 7:00am - 5:00pm Pacific Time. In the United States call toll free at 800-447-8848. Outside the United States call 949-833-0600. Or E-mail us at info@pcgs.com.

(l8-)>>

• Options
    Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if the USPS will forward these packages if you move?

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would check with your local PO. I thought I had heard all the possibilities in the way of questions about these ase’s. Good luck. If you have someone you deal regularly talk to them. Sounds like if it’s possible to have a problem, these find it.
    I guess will still they forward. Please ask and let us know. Thanks

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Weather11am said:
    [Does anyone know if the USPS will forward these packages if you move?]

For what it's worth: https://www.usps.com/manage/forward.htm

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

My order shipped today!!!! Order number USM1154___. I hate how messed up the mint is. They have to fix this...

• Options
    GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 569 ✭✭✭✭

@GiveMeProof said:
    Got my shipping notice today: USM11517xxx, of course it's just "label created" but I'm on my way! This was ordered about 1PM EDT.

WOW, 1 day and my order has actually shipped, USPS 1st Class. Arriving Saturday!

• Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

This: Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item. to grade or not to grade, that is the question

• Options

@mintymint said:

@edgar said:
    It's best not to guess, go straight to the authority. They will verify the First Strike window also.

800-447-8848

You can reach the PCGS customer service department Monday - Friday 7:00am - 5:00pm Pacific Time. In the United States call toll free at 800-447-8848. Outside the United States call 949-833-0600. Or E-mail us at info@pcgs.com.

Just spoke with CS @ PCGS.

With the exception of "Secure Plus" now being "Gold Shield", he said that this was still correct.

• Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    edited September 30, 2021 9:11AM

Day one order USM1160 changed from processing to shipped.

• Options
    edited September 30, 2021 4:31PM

@MetroD said:

@mintymint said:

>

With the exception of "Secure Plus" now being "Gold Shield", he said that this was still correct.

Did they say how much the 2 coin slab is, and how to indicate that option on the submission form?

edited:

sorry, didnt see the hyperlink, thanks for the uodate!

(l8-)>>

• Options
    KISHU1KISHU1 Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭

Day one order 1599 shipped but usps dose not have it yet. Must be one of the last orders
    Can’t wait!!
    Frank D

• Options
    CXDCXD Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

FIFO is dead! :(
    Sent: Monday, September 13, 2021, 12:34:32 PM EDT
    Subject: We've received your U.S. Mint order USM114951xx
    17 days in "processing" mode, GD swamp did it to me again!

• Options

Alrighty now - this is encouraging...............................Pictures to come (hopefully)

USPS Tracking Status:
    Out for Delivery, Expected Delivery Between 2:45pm and 3:45pm

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 1, 2021 6:42AM

my order number was 1154XXXX at 1:09PM first day
    1. Tuesday morning 9/28 shipping method changed to USPS
    2. Wednesday morning 9/29 shipping label printed
    3. Thursday afternoon 9/30 not at USPS yet
    4. Friday morning 10/1 credit card charged

"I'll wait for delivery each day until 3:00"

I will update the progress "As the Hamster Turns"

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options

Could be a USPS record for this coin - 3 days! Any minute now.

September 30, 2021, 6:10 am
    Out for Delivery, Expected Delivery Between 11:45am and 3:45pm

September 30, 2021, 3:51 am
    Arrived at Post Office
    SAN FRANCISCO, CA

September 29, 2021, 9:54 pm
    Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
    SAN FRANCISCO CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

September 28, 2021, 4:51 pm
    Arrived at USPS Origin Facility
    LA VERGNE, TN 37086

September 28, 2021, 3:36 pm
    Accepted at USPS Regional Origin Facility
    MEMPHIS TN DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX

September 27, 2021
    Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item

• Options

@GiveMeProof said:

@Kdennison said:
    My SF type 2 has a spot on the surface by the artists' initials. It's dark too. I hope it tones. I can't return and I'm disappointed.

So sorry to hear that @Kdennison. It makes you question the quality control at the Mint.

I'm sorry it took so long to get some photos but here you all go. At this point I hope maybe it'll turn in to a dark tone across the coin.

• Options
    KdennisonKdennison Posts: 70 ✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:
    I hate that for you man

Can't return them either....

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep. Kick in the shin

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

@edgar said:
    Did they say how much the 2 coin slab is, and how to indicate that option on the submission form?

The word "this" in my post is a hyperlink.
    Click it, and it will redirect you to a PCGS article about two-coin holders.
    The article includes information about cost, and completing the submission form.

Note - With the exception of "Secure Plus" now being "Gold Shield", the rep I spoke with said that it was still accurate.

• Options
    RMLTM79RMLTM79 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    edited September 30, 2021 1:36PM

Not only is shipping and ordering a fiasco, now they're quality control has gone down as well. Gotta love the mint. I was gonna keep mine sealed but now I don't know, might have to open them and check for hideous defects.

• Options

Finally got my shipping info for my second set! Come on USPS....you can do it! :D

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yikes that is a really bad spot for a brand new coin

• Options

No no no. That’s another coin!
    Sorry guys! What is that growing?

• Options

Thats just awful!!!

• Options

Just got my results on the two coin dual holder first strike…I am very pleased

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

YaHoo - delivered. No spots but a tiny nick on one of the sun's rays so no use sending for a 70 grade. Best I could do with the pics as I'm not taking then out of the capsules but just to show I finally got them!!!!!!!!

• Options
    MetalMetal Posts: 122 ✭✭✭

@Kdennison said:

@Mgarmy said:
    I hate that for you man

Why not?

• Options

@Metal said:

@Kdennison said:

@Mgarmy said:
    I hate that for you man

Why not?

They tend to sell out quickly and the mint usually has no problem canceling the order. Then you get to wait until the refund is approved.
    On these special offerings you get what you get or sell and upgrade. Thanks

• Options
    edited September 30, 2021 7:30PM

@GiveMeProof said:

@GiveMeProof said:
    Got my shipping notice today: USM11517xxx, of course it's just "label created" but I'm on my way! This was ordered about 1PM EDT.

WOW, 1 day and my order has actually shipped, USPS 1st Class. Arriving Saturday!

DOUBLE WOW, arrived today, two days early, I'm beyond shocked. There is no postmark date on this box. Can't they use the the packing slip inside to determine "First Strike" eligibility?

• Options

Now just waiting for my dad's (ahem) set, USM11639xxx. No word yet.

• Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

Anyone received shipping notice on orders after release date?

• Options
    CXDCXD Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

Sometimes the US Mint coins are the most beautiful and more valuable in the "unopened" box, wrapped in lots of government issue packing tape! ;)

• Options
    edited October 1, 2021 7:23AM

@GiveMeProof said:
    DOUBLE WOW, arrived today, two days early, I'm beyond shocked. There is no postmark date on this box. Can't they use the the packing slip inside to determine "First Strike" eligibility?

Just spoke with CS @ PCGS.

The rep I talked with said that they can, and do, use the "packing slip" to establish FS eligibility.

Edited to Add:
    @edgar - You were correct. :)

• Options

Anybody have any idea how the grading On these is going? Like in the 2019s ERP there were a ton of 70’s anybody hear anything?

• Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

has anyone been trying, besides me, to snag another one of these from the mint in the last couple of days? I haven't seen anything flip and I haven't seen anything posted. I still have one set in my bag. is there any hope?

• Options

There is hope until it stays sold out. Have seen it happen for mintages much much much lower than this. Hang tough

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    has anyone been trying, besides me, to snag another one of these from the mint in the last couple of days? I haven't seen anything flip and I haven't seen anything posted. I still have one set in my bag. is there any hope?

I have looked the last few mornings and I have not seen a blip of availability. The web browser checking and the new "submit" pop-up for every refresh adds more delay and a guy could miss that two second window.

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭✭✭

My set arrived today rattling. So I had to open and check the damage. Fortunately it is only a minor chip on the capsule.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options

whew! you got lucky with that one.

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

my order number was 1154XXXX at 1:09PM first day
    1. Tuesday morning 9/28 shipping method changed to USPS
    2. Wednesday morning 9/29 shipping label printed
    3. Thursday afternoon 9/30 not at USPS yet
    4. Friday morning 10/1 credit card charged
    5. Friday afternoon 10/1 arrived at USPS expected delivery Tuesday 10/5

"I'll wait for delivery each day until 3:00" " oh mailman please bring my Mint coins to me"

I will update the progress "As the Hamster Turns"

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options

im still waiting on tracking to show movement!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file