Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

****Official Silver Eagle 2021 Silver Reverse Proof Two-Coin Designer Edition Order Thread #2****

Comments

• Options
    Mindy9773Mindy9773 Posts: 160 ✭✭✭

Mine have been in Tennessee for ten days distribution center annex

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm still waiting on a shipping notice email...

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    colorcommemcolorcommem Posts: 210 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know whether the mint ship the coins according to the order number generated? My order number is 11543xxx and is still shows processing. Anybody with the order number 11543xxx and after got their coins shipped?

• Options
    CXDCXD Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

@colorcommem said:
    Does anybody know whether the mint ship the coins according to the order number generated? My order number is 11543xxx and is still shows processing. Anybody with the order number 11543xxx and after got their coins shipped?

No. I have seen with this coin with a 114xxxx is still processing but two others have been shipped and the Liberty gold had weeks between and the lower # was the last shipped - - so mixed sequencing of orders seems normal. Just stop thinking as if you are dealing with a "real" organization... so to lower all expectations at least down to the lowest common denominator. And then the "frying pan into the fire" as they hand it off to USPS. :(

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,490 ✭✭✭✭✭

the mint once shipped approx first in first out

they say they still do

but they don't

watch out for those first strike dates and keep all of this in mind for the morgans and peace

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    ndeaglesndeagles Posts: 363 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 27, 2021 3:02PM

I received mine today (USM11469xxx), the type 2
    has a foreign object on the surface surrounded by what appears to be a milk spot, as well as a spot in the field where the frost effect is less than the rest of the field. The Type1 is beautiful though.

The less frosted spot is in the sun's rays on the last ray nearest walking liberty

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 27, 2021 3:10PM

1157**** label created. Not shipped
    nd. Yikes sorry

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still processing for me.

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    al410al410 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭

Question , can I change a delivery method on back ordered items?. They are not scheduled to ship until mid October. Theses are Morgans and Peace dollars.
    Thanks
    Al

• Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just got a shipping e-mail. Now the real waiting begins. :)

• Options

should that spot be some type of organic compound, a rinse with pure acetone will take it off.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    ndeaglesndeagles Posts: 363 ✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    should that spot be some type of organic compound, a rinse with pure acetone will take it off.

Thank you, I've read about doing but have never had the courage to actually do it. I will read about the process, will it degrade the coin any further? I'm disappointed, but don't want to send it back to the mint in fear I won't get another set at this price. It kind of looks like a burger.

• Options

When they are “unavailable” at the mint any “exchange” attempt will just be forcibly turned into a refund.

As silver is reactive, should the silver start to discolor then you’ll be working on a restoration.

Don’t get acetone on the plastic.

No matter how soft you think something is, it will never be as delicate as the mirror finish.

Let the soaking do the work.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 27, 2021 5:06PM

If I got that coin with the spot I would return it wouldn’t care if I get a cash refund. Impossible to look at impossible to sell. Thank goodness most buyers want sealed boxes.

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 27, 2021 5:20PM

"They're Here..."!!
    The packaging compared to the 2012 two-coin set is embarrassing... I know, I know, sell to me if your complaining... You just think that the Mint would have more pride than that... But the coins are Beautiful!!! And I do like the mint-mark placements!!

• Options
    LiquidatedLiquidated Posts: 133 ✭✭✭
    edited January 3, 2022 11:51AM

Deleted

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 27, 2021 6:02PM

@Liquidated said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@RichR said:

IMHO...These will ultimately be worth more than $300 after the initial glut passes.

That would fly in the face of the price pattern for 99.5% of all Mint products. Almost none of them peak later. They all peak early and then drop.

The 2006 reverse proof set was $100 and ran to $500 until novelty wore off. Agree. This too will peak and drop

It's not even just the "novelty". It's a distribution issue. You've got a lot of coins in the hands of flippers and dealers. Once they settle into the hands of the final owners, demand drops. It becomes a question of how many collectors there are. It is pretty easy to assess the pricing of ASEs because there are so many of different mintages. The ASEs with mintages in the 100,000 to 150,000 range tend to be in the $100 to $150 range. Above 150,000 they all pretty much have the same price, around $75 or so these days. Under 75,000 there is significant demand and the prices are in the multiple hundreds or several thousand for the 30,000 mintages. The people expecting these to go over $300 are ignoring both normal short term price patterns for Mint products as well as the long term price patterns for ASEs.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny - Just saw these on the Coin Vault show in a multi holder NGC slab graded PF70 - $999.98
    They claimed "Sold out in minutes at the Mint" as a selling point. Wonder how many suckers they will catch tonight? :)

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:
    Funny - Just saw these on the Coin Vault show in a multi holder NGC slab graded PF70 - $999.98
    They claimed "Sold out in minutes at the Mint" as a selling point. Wonder how many suckers they will catch tonight? :)

Yes, "Sold out in minutes" if they mean 150 minutes :D

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    santinidollarsantinidollar Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got my shipping notice today.

• Options
    Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:

Yes, "Sold out in minutes" if they mean 150 minutes :D

Minutes are still minutes.

• Options
    KnellKnell Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭✭

Received mine today, will open later and post photos tomorrow.

• Options
    GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 569 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 27, 2021 9:04PM

Got my shipping notice today: USM11517xxx, of course it's just "label created" but I'm on my way! This was ordered about 1PM EDT.

• Options
    KdennisonKdennison Posts: 70 ✭✭✭

My SF type 2 has a spot on the surface by the artists' initials. It's dark too. I hope it tones. I can't return and I'm disappointed.

• Options
    GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 569 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 27, 2021 10:19PM

@Kdennison said:
    My SF type 2 has a spot on the surface by the artists' initials. It's dark too. I hope it tones. I can't return and I'm disappointed.

So sorry to hear that @Kdennison. It makes you question the quality control at the Mint.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 15,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got shipping notice yesterday.

• Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

@JBK said:

As did I. It's about GD time.

I'll come up with something.
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NotSure said:

@JBK said:

Me three.

What is the shipping box size for these? I want to send an address label to a relative so they can ship it to me. Thanks.

• Options
    MrBlusterMrBluster Posts: 324 ✭✭✭

Finally my order shipped. Order # 11535xxx.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

1157****
    Waiting

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

Shipping notice #11536xxx

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

Processing...

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

finally got a shipping notice email - just in time for the USPS slow down...

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Mine is still processing.

• Options

Still PROCESSING #11493xxx

• Options
    DscoinDscoin Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭

Mine is finally starting to move after a week at idle (pre shipping info……)

Successful transactions with: Lakesammman, jimineez1, Flackthat, PerryHall, bidask, bccox, TwistedArrow1962, free_spirit, alexerca, scooter25, FHC, tnspro, mcarney1173, moursund, and SurfinxHI (6 times)

• Options

Got my "sent to shipper" notice last night.

Although I have been flipping a lot of things lately, I will probably open and keep this set. I like silver proof coins and I REALLY like reverse silver proof coins.

Hope we all get these in time to be first strike eligible. With stories coming out already about receiving spotted coins it might be wise to open the box to check to make sure of condition.

• Options
    KnellKnell Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VanHalen
    Here's photos of box for reference

• Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

Got mine yesterday. Looks great! No milk spots or lint. I guess that's a victory.

• Options
    OrlenaOrlena Posts: 301 ✭✭✭

11519xxx shipped today- no more coin anxiety (at least for a couple weeks)

• Options

@VanHalen said:

@NotSure said:

@JBK said:

Me three.

What is the shipping box size for these? I want to send an address label to a relative so they can ship it to me. Thanks.

They don't always package everything the same.

• Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

still processing. hope it's worth the wait and I don't get dogs sent to me.

• Options

mine is still processing...im thinking its worth the $20 to get next day shipping. My first order came over a week ago, but second order i did standard shipping and still waiting for it to ship.

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 28, 2021 1:59PM

My one set finally says shipped which means the label was created.

Will actually ship on Thursday most likely.

Between Mint packaging and First class mail, it took 11 days for my ASE uncs from Memphis to Baltimore County, MD.

11545xxx

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

For those with recent shipping history with Mint Budget Shipping over the past few years, is this shipping behavior par for the course or has it gotten longer and longer?

Ex. USPS Label finally gets printed (two weeks after ordering) but then it's 5+ days until the package actually shows up in the USPS tracking system? ...and then who knows who long for actual delivery (I'll bet 95% of packages arrive quicker than the period of time between a label being printed and actually being able to be tracked at USPS.com

BST references available on request

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ndeagles said:
    I received mine today (USM11469xxx), the type 2
    has a foreign object on the surface surrounded by what appears to be a milk spot

That's awful. Perhaps it's a speck of gold! Or someone was having a donut during packaging... :( Milk spotting is awful too, can't those appear anytime during storage??

• Options

@HoneyMarket said:
    For those with recent shipping history with Mint Budget Shipping over the past few years, is this shipping behavior par for the course or has it gotten longer and longer?

Ex. USPS Label finally gets printed (two weeks after ordering) but then it's 5+ days until the package actually shows up in the USPS tracking system? ...and then who knows who long for actual delivery (I'll bet 95% of packages arrive quicker than the period of time between a label being printed and actually being able to be tracked at USPS.com

Been like that for a couple years

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file