Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

****Official Silver Eagle 2021 Silver Reverse Proof Two-Coin Designer Edition Order Thread #2****

Comments

• Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

Why did they close it?

(l8-)>>

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 15, 2021 4:01PM

Mine comes Tommorow. Already in the air. Hope some of the new guys stay on the forums and it is not just seagulls. Was not politics per se but bashing gov employees beyond the mint that I take issue with, as if mint customer service are actually GS…

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 15, 2021 4:02PM

Great pic!

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

…..now back to our regularly scheduled program. Where was I? Ah yes! @Peyroguy nice ASE set. Thanks for the pictures. Good luck on the grades! You may need to repost here since the original thread got whacked.

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    edited September 15, 2021 4:08PM

@JBK said:
    I think politics had seeped into it.

yup

I'll come up with something.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

Write on the form if you want the reverse on the front

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 thanks. I’ll admire these until I can admire mine… eventually.

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    RMLTM79RMLTM79 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

....and I still haven't received my S Proof T2 lol

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinMeister said:
    @Jzyskowski1 thanks. I’ll admire these until I can admire mine… eventually.

I borrowed the pictures from the dead thread Peyroguy gets credit for first post and we all thank him😉

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    MetalMetal Posts: 122 ✭✭✭

I had AIR on my order, but after so many refreshes, I ended up with free shipping... I pray to God they don't mail it. Our post office made national news for not delivering for weeks during covid, and they've barely improved.
    I can go a full work week without receiving so much as a random price of junk mail.
    I wish you could set up your default shipping type like you can your address.

• Options

@Metal said:
    I had AIR on my order, but after so many refreshes, I ended up with free shipping... I pray to God they don't mail it. Our post office made national news for not delivering for weeks during covid, and they've barely improved.
    I can go a full work week without receiving so much as a random price of junk mail.

Good idea.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@Metal said:

I hear you. Problem with the default road is potential monkey business.

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭✭✭

Buyers for the big boys have gobbled up all the BIN's on Ebay that were $350 or below. Now they are gobbling up all the $350 - $400 BIN's. Your minimum asking price at this point should be $450. It will go higher and probably much higher.

God bless America Land of the Free and Home of the Capitalist.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 401 ✭✭✭

I had one arrive about 20 minutes ago and it's seems the Mint got a bit tape happy!
    Anyone else's arrive today with the back flap and side seams taped up?

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
  • Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭✭✭

MsMorrisine

I like your Avatar. The Twilight Zone and Outer Limits were two of my favorite TV shows as a kid. Third place was The Steve Allen Show.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    edited September 15, 2021 4:53PM

@SONOMOSCA said:
    I had one arrive about 20 minutes ago and it's seems the Mint got a bit tape happy!

Pictures please please See if you you can get some good answers shots front and rear. Thanks

As far as tape goes. That’s one of a kind for me 😂

• Options
    Golden1Golden1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭

@SONOMOSCA said:

Hurry up and tear it open, we're impatiently waiting to see the obverse :smile:

• Options

Looks abit like the one i just got, better shake it and press on it, that tape is on top of the label, might not be done by the mint.

(l8-)>>

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭

@SONOMOSCA said:

I wonder if our hosts would accept a taped up box like that - after the 30 day window - for 1st strike designation!

I agree with you comment that someone got happy with the tape gun dispenser!

BST references available on request

• Options

@HoneyMarket said:
    I wonder if our hosts would accept a taped up box like that - after the 30 day window - for 1st strike designation!

looks like it was opened after originally packed, then resealed.

If you intend on first strike, i wouldn't hold that one, I would open it and send it in postmarked before the 30 days.

Was it the numbered COAs where people were allegedly resealing boxes and listing them as unopened?

(l8-)>>

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

My burnished unc T2 arrived like that today.

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options

@edgar said:

@HoneyMarket said:

looks like it was opened after originally packed, then resealed.

If you intend on first strike, i wouldn't hold that one, I would open it and send it in postmarked before the 30 days.

Was it the numbered COAs where people were allegedly resealing boxes and listing them as unopened?

Stepped away to make dinner, I'm back.

I was thinking the same thing about looking like it's been opened. The only positive I see is the tape is the same as the back flap tape which I'm almost sure the Mint put on. I wasn't going to open it just yet but I'm reconsidering that decision.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Metal said:

I pray to God they don't mail it. Our post office made national news for not delivering for weeks during covid, and they've barely improved.

What's wrong with the default road?

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

Better slap some extra tape on those packages too!

• Options

@cheezhed said:
    My burnished unc T2 arrived like that today.

Thanks! That makes me feel better. My wife's order shipped today and her order number was roughly 10k less than mine.

• Options

@edgar said:
    Looks abit like the one i just got, better shake it and press on it, that tape is on top of the label, might not be done by the mint.

Have you opened yours? Weight feels fine and it has passed the shake test. :D

• Options
    edited September 15, 2021 7:02PM

no, mine is a burnished unc T2 simularly mangled and taped, also feels proper weight, I usually carry my sealed boxes to the Baltimore show and open them across the table to submit......If they have a Baltimore show this fall/winter?

(l8-)>>

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HATTRICK said:
    Buyers for the big boys have gobbled up all the BIN's on Ebay that were $350 or below. Now they are gobbling up all the $350 - $400 BIN's. Your minimum asking price at this point should be $450. It will go higher and probably much higher.

God bless America Land of the Free and Home of the Capitalist.

I gobbled up 15 sets in the 290-325 price range. Lots of best offer haggling with a lot of sellers all at once. Ebay's Bids/Offers page in My Ebay is the cat's meow.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options

Thanks thats the first good look at the type 2 reverse. I would like to see one like the type 1. I know that type 2 has that flash but still looking dull. Maybe rotate it just a little. The type 1 jumps off the page I just want to see the type 2 flashing and popping off the page. Thanks those are better. I believe we have some very nice looking coins!

• Options

Let the cancellations begin:

"One or more items in your order USM11609550 has been cancelled. If you did not request a cancellation, it was cancelled because the item(s) are no longer in our inventory and are not available for backorder."

This one was purchased at 1:20 pm day of the sale.

• Options

just got cancelled too.

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

Same here....

• Options

Yes, in my case the order was confirmed. However, it was a double entry on my part in the heat of the battle trying to use a Gift Certificate so I was expecting it.

Tim

• Options

@derryb said:
    Let the cancellations begin:

"One or more items in your order USM11609550 has been cancelled. If you did not request a cancellation, it was cancelled because the item(s) are no longer in our inventory and are not available for backorder."

This one was purchased at 1:20 pm day of the sale.

Mine was1:14 est its still ok. I received a confirmation email. Did you? derryb this sucks. I I’m a Little guy but someday I may be able to buy 10-20 like you. I have zero envy of those who have worked hard to be able to purchase like you do. Your sharing is educational for me. I don’t think 50-100 kinda guy is me but maybe a 5-10 kinda guy.

I hope it works out and no to anyone who thinks that because you have business involvement doesn’t mean you’re not a collector once in a while. So ya. The one you earned on release day may just be special to you. Good luck perhaps after coffee clatch at7:30 est you can give them a little hello😉

• Options

@pointfivezero said:
    Yes, in my case the order was confirmed. However, it was a double entry on my part in the heat of the battle trying to use a Gift Certificate so I was expecting it.

Tim

My cancelled order was confirmed. The hit on the CC is the key that you will in fact receive your purchase. Until then, it's up in the air.

My cancelled order number was USM11609550. I suspect any number higher than that will be cancelled.

Let's post lower numbers that get cancelled.

• Options
    edited September 15, 2021 10:58PM

To be honest, @derryb, I had no idea what I had ordered until the dust settled. I thought a Mint Gift Certificate would be a free pass to avoid the credit card section but the system hung on the "Verify Balance" button, so I entered my credit card information. When I checked my account, I had two orders and received two confirmations. So I was expecting one to be cancelled.

My cancelled order number was USM117245xx.

Tim

• Options

I wonder how many ebay seller's items got cancelled by us mint.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

There should be none at 6:30 am. They should have filled good late orders out of any that become available via bad credit cards or more than one per household attempts.

• Options

Looks like usmint ship "Next Day Air" order first, I though it should be in order of first come first serve. My order# 11475xxx with "Budget Shipping", and still processing.

• Options

@derryb said:

@pointfivezero said:

Tim

My cancelled order was confirmed. The hit on the CC is the key that you will in fact receive your purchase. Until then, it's up in the air.

My cancelled order number was USM11609550. I suspect any number higher than that will be cancelled.

Let's post lower numbers that get cancelled.

min was USM1155xxxx

• Options
    fox9487fox9487 Posts: 282 ✭✭✭

Those cancellations really suck!! With my luck I am sure to receive the same.

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was available then gone in a instant.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gone in under a second today!

• Options

despite cancelling one of my duplicate orders, they have cancelled the other order too.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file