Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

****Official Silver Eagle 2021 Silver Reverse Proof Two-Coin Designer Edition Order Thread #2****

Comments

• Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

Mgarmy Posts... got my grades 70/70.

Congrats!

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    edited October 1, 2021 1:41PM

Did I get the first one Graded 70? I checked coinfacts with Cert number and it shows no others. Will be fleeting but pretty cool if true

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Item moving through Tennessee. It’s shipped 😉

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

Sweet J! Maybe early next week?

• Options

It blew right threw Memphis and is currently in La Vergne Tennessee. Seems like this is the second tracking with the new town. October 5 9pm if their to be believed. Take an extra day just please don’t crush it 😉

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine too is in La Vergne, TN.

Took three days to ship after label was created.

• Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    It blew right threw Memphis and is currently in La Vergne Tennessee. Seems like this is the second tracking with the new town. October 5 9pm if their to be believed. Take an extra day just please don’t crush it 😉

My experience is Memphis to Nashville is the speediest. Every order of mine through La Vergne Tennessee stopped traveling for 3 to 5 days (They keep calling it a delay enroute). I shudder everytime i see La Vergne on the tracking route.

(l8-)>>

• Options
    AnnWAnnW Posts: 62 ✭✭✭

Received my set today.

• Options

@edgar said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

My experience is Memphis to Nashville is the speediest. Every order of mine through La Vergne Tennessee stopped traveling for 3 to 5 days (They keep calling it a delay enroute). I shudder everytime i see La Vergne on the tracking route.

Good thing I don’t drink or I would!! Watch as my dreams slowly get crushed. “
    “ Simple stick, USA? !” Every time I hear that name
    It reminds me of when I had hope 😂

• Options
    Mindy9773Mindy9773 Posts: 160 ✭✭✭

Hello guys and girls I have a few questions about the submission form. I called pcgs and talked to someone and they were somewhat confused about the add-on services charges. I want first strike, twin holder with gold shield. In the coin details section do I check oversized holder and first strike? Then at the bottom do I pay 18 or 36 for first strike. Also do I pay 20 or 40 for oversized holder?

• Options

Being two coins?

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,485 ✭✭✭✭✭

2 FS
    1 OS

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

Thank-you so much!

• Options

Also I cannot use a voucher if getting a first strike?

• Options
    edited October 1, 2021 5:56PM

Also gold shield ? Do I pay for two in one holder? $5 or $10?

• Options

Dunno anything about vouchers

2 GS

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mindy9773

I called PCGS on 9/30/21, and specifically asked about the two-coin holder. Post

The rep I spoke with said that these directions were still good.

So, I suggest:
    ~ FS x 2 coins = $18 x 2 = $36 (7 - Add-On Services)
    ~ Two-Coin Holder - no additional fee
    ~ GS x 2 coins = $5 x 2 = $10 (3 - Service Group; fee only applies if NOT included with your Service Level)

• Options

No charge for oversized holder?

• Options

@Mindy9773 said:
    No charge for oversized holder?

According to the rep I spoke with on 9/30/21, there is no extra fee for a two-coin holder.

• Options
    edited October 1, 2021 6:29PM

@Mindy9773 said:
    Also I cannot use a voucher if getting a first strike?

Source

Edited to Add:
    The voucher covers the grading fee at the "regular" service level, standard or GS service group.
    You would have to pay extra for FS (i.e., $18 per coin via the Add-On Services).

• Options

the rep I talked to said to add 20 for the double holder

• Options

How many double holders? One

1 OS

• Options

@Mindy9773 said:
    the rep I talked to said to add 20 for the double holder

Wonderful.

We received different answers to the same question.

• Options

They need an internal FAQ with answers of what to do for doing it right and what to do if something is wrong

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    They need an internal FAQ with answers of what to do for doing it right and what to do if something is wrong

Enhancing internal references sounds like an excellent idea.

Dispensing different answers to the same question:
    ~ confuses customers;
    ~ complicates receiving if incorrect advice is followed.

NOT complaining. Just highlighting an opportunity for improvement.

• Options

@Mindy9773

Given the conflicting verbal direction, I recommend that you follow the written instructions on the PCGS website. In fact, you should include hard copy with your submission for reference purposes.

If PCGS wants to charge you an extra $20 for the two-coin holder, they can and will "adjust/increase" your total (i.e., PCGS Grading Terms & Conditions, Clause #6).

• Options

Yeah

I’d go that way

Submit with the printout and let them call if it must be on there

• Options

@MetroD said:
    @Mindy9773

I called PCGS on 9/30/21, and specifically asked about the two-coin holder. Post

So, I suggest:
    ~ GS x 2 coins = $5 x 2 = $10 (3 - Service Group; fee only applies if NOT included with your Service Level)

what service level are you choosing? and is there a difference between two coin holder and over size holder? I see some people saying there's a fee and some are saying there isn't. kinda confused.

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:
    I got my grades 70/70. Pop appears low but that has everything to do with submission delay I am sure. Will post TV when I get it

Congrats!

I took at a closer look at my coins and the T1 looks perfect 70 but the T2 has some light scuff marks on the center of liberty's dress so a 69 in my opinion.

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    vulcanizevulcanize Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MetroD said:
    @Mindy9773

So, I suggest:

Thank you.

I am contemplating sending in my set for grading along with a few foreign coins.

• Options
    vulcanizevulcanize Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 1, 2021 7:46PM

@MsMorrisine said:

Totally agree. When I sent in my Coin Quest 2021 eligible early find coins in for grading there was some adjustments needed with regards to the fees and it was a tad bit confusing. I was away at that time and couldn't clarify must, so just paid it.

• Options

Also they told me to just put both coins on the first line but per instructions looks like there should be two lines?

• Options

2 diff coins
    2 diff coin numbers

2 diff lines

• Options

Thank you so much msmorrisine

• Options

Also last time I submitted they had me make coin numbers but this guy said leave it blank

• Options
    tahbb143tahbb143 Posts: 91 ✭✭✭

Got my set today. Looking at them made me think that reverse proof is maybe my favorite finish for coins. These eagles just look so good in that finish.

• Options

If the coin numbers are known, use them

New releases = new coin numbers

• Options

@Mindy9773 said:
    Also last time I submitted they had me make coin numbers but this guy said leave it blank

You do not have to include the coin number.
    "For coin number, refer to PCGS Population Report or PCGS Coin Numbering System (optional)."
    Submission Guidelines, Section #7

If you are interested ....

Source

• Options

Thank-you so much you guys are the best. I just want to make sure I do everything correctly

• Options

@mintymint said:
    what service level are you choosing? and is there a difference between two coin holder and over size holder? I see some people saying there's a fee and some are saying there isn't. kinda confused.

If I submit, I will not be in a rush. So, I would choose "modern value" with a $300 max coin value.

• Options

They said to choose modern value

• Options

Since I can’t use vouchers

• Options

Do I have to pay 5 or ten bucks for the shield?

• Options

@Mindy9773 said:
    Since I can’t use vouchers

Excuse the question, but why can't you use a voucher?

• Options

Can’t use a voucher for first strike

• Options

@Mindy9773 said:
    Can’t use a voucher for first strike

The voucher covers the grading cost at the "regular" service level, either standard or GS. It does not, however, cover FS fees. So, you can use the voucher to cover the grading, and add FS for $18 per coin.

Source

• Options

I’m sorry I’m just repeating what the pcgs guy said, he said I could not use a voucher. I wanted to get the platinum package to grade these two plus the 5 Morgan’s and peace dollar.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file