Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

****Official Silver Eagle 2021 Silver Reverse Proof Two-Coin Designer Edition Order Thread #2****

Comments

• Options
    OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭

W proof and gold designer set also.

• Options
    CXDCXD Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

In a time and place when we ALL support fairness and equality for the oppressed little guy or gal or other humanoids; the HHL = 1 is a global victory for all humankind🌎. 😢

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CXD said:
    In a time and place when we ALL support fairness and equality for the oppressed little guy or gal or other humanoids; the HHL = 1 is a global victory for all humankind🌎. 😢

Unless you have 2 grandchildren. Or 3. Or 4.

• Options

@mintymint said:
    wow i can't believe these hit $250 on ebay.

As I said before, ASEs with mintages between 100k and 150k are with $125 to $150. That is the "correct" long term price. We just got there more quickly than usual.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@CXD said:

are you trying to "fix" issues with sales distribution? it'd be so unlike you

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@CXD said:

D.L. Hansen has over 50 grandchildren, and he collects quite a few coins for them ;)

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never seen that but there it is! HHL 1

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

HHL=1: I have only received two of my six, with a third in transit…..am I at risk of not getting the other three? OMG what a sh-t show😱

• Options

All this goodness and the Morgan’s and peace dollar are coming 🙀😉

• Options
    Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

So confused haha

• Options
    edited October 6, 2021 6:29AM

@jmlanzaf said:

@CXD said:

The more I think about this global equity crap (I referenced above)....I kind of agree there should be a government HHL exemption (e.g. "Carve Out") for grandchildren or other connected peoples. :)

• Options
    edited October 6, 2021 11:22AM

@vulcanize said:

@mintymint said:
    wow i can't believe these hit $250 on ebay.

Hopefully the begining of the end for flipping. :naughty:

That's still a $75 profit.

The only way to end flipping is to either end returns or at least charge a restocking fee. There's no risk to buying what you can return for free if it doesn't work out.

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

Over 300 sets sold on Ebay since Monday. Somebody wants them . :o

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2021 7:53AM

I am not into the "boogy-man" theory regarding 'flippers". I think they are part of the transactional ecosystem and they do contribute to the early price discovery of the overly hyped product from the US Mint. :|

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

if you look at us mint products, 90 percent of the coins fall back down to around issue price or below within 2 to 6 months, the 2001 buffalo series is one of the few that held the value

• Options

@coinpalice said:
    if you look at us mint products, 90 percent of the coins fall back down to around issue price or below within 2 to 6 months, the 2001 buffalo series is one of the few that held the value

You're lucky if they just fall down to the issue price.

Patience rewards the modern Mint collector.

• Options
    vulcanizevulcanize Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@coinpalice said:

You're lucky if they just fall down to the issue price.

Patience rewards the modern Mint collector.

I totally agree. Waited for quite a while before picking up the gold mercury and SLQ commemmoratives issued in 2016 :)

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2021 1:50PM

In the future you may not have to wait. New coins may be issued to demand to allow all who want one to get one at mint issue price. >:)

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

Shipped: USM11777XXX Date Order: 09/25/2021

They must be close to finish shipping out ALL orders.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

When did they restore HHLs??? Why would they and will this be a new standard? Or is it just a programming blip?

Mine finally switched from processing to shipped! Now to wait on the delivery service.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

HHL test….

Friday 8th @ high noon

Check the HHL on the gold uncirculated on sale tomorrow at noon.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    OKCCOKCC Posts: 522 ✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2021 5:49PM

What is required to get "Designer Edition" on the PCGS label. I see some labels where that is omitted. Aren't all the 2021 Reverse Proof Silver Eagles from the Designer set automatically? I called PCGS, but she didn't really know.

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just hammered.....2 other eBay NGC graded auctions within $15.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284475100086

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OKCC said:
    What is required to get "Designer Edition" on the PCGS label. I see some labels where that is omitted. Aren't all the 2021 Reverse Proof Silver Eagles from the Designer set automatically? I called PCGS, but she didn't really know.

All of the RP ASE come from the "designer edition" (i.e., Mint 21XJ).

Here are the current options for label designations from 'PCGS Number Lookup':

Source

Did you see something that was not on the list?

• Options

Was initially thinking of sending them in for grading and now decided against it.

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2021 7:54PM

I'll ask a potentially stupid question...but please humor me...

If the HHL limit is back to 1...is this retroactive to Day 1 sales...or simply to 1 of this item moving forward regardless? Because I have two sets already delivered and 2 more sitting in my cart, which would now seem to be an impossibility.

• Options
    edited October 6, 2021 7:59PM

Update...just a few minutes ago...right before my eyes when I logged in to my Mint account...the number of sets in my bag changed from 2 to 1.

Does anyone else believe that the HHL limit being restored might indicate that some additional sets may be about to drop?

• Options
    Mindy9773Mindy9773 Posts: 160 ✭✭✭

Just received an email from pcgs problem with order what could this be?

• Options
    edited October 7, 2021 4:13AM

@Mindy9773 said:

:(

After speaking with PCGS, please consider sharing specifics about your issue here.

Perhaps it will help someone else that has not yet submitted.

Edited to Add:
    IF the "problem" is related to a fee for the two-coin holder, I humbly suggest that you 'stick to your guns'.
    It is NOT unreasonable for you to expect PCGS to honor a 'policy/price' that you can find on their website.
    Link

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mindy- what did you submit with specifics

For example, I submitted 2 w’s and an S all in boxes unopened for first strike. Got that email from them, called and found out that even in the original box’s unopened that the w’s were past date for first strike.

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    donzmedonzme Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

@meluaufeet said:
    Shipped: USM11777XXX Date Order: 09/25/2021

They must be close to finish shipping out ALL orders.

USM11517XXX is still processing. 🙁

• Options

@MetroD said:

@Mindy9773 said:

:(

After speaking with PCGS, please consider sharing specifics about your issue here.

Perhaps it will help someone else that has not yet submitted.

Edited to Add:
    IF the "problem" is related to a fee for the two-coin holder, I humbly suggest that you 'stick to your guns'.
    It is NOT unreasonable for you to expect PCGS to honor a 'policy/price' that you can find on their website.
    Link

I was not charged an additional fee

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

@Mgarmy said:
    I was not charged an additional fee

Thanks for taking the time to post this information. I appreciate it.

Congrats again on your grades. :)

• Options

Not worries man. Good luck 🍀 if you submit

• Options

Thank you, sir. 🤞

• Options
    Mindy9773Mindy9773 Posts: 160 ✭✭✭

Ok I called them. Somehow someone missed that I had checked the box for silver membership and included the fees to become a member.

• Options
    edited October 7, 2021 3:19PM

To anyone's knowledge has a HHL limit been retroactively reimposed...and nearly a month after the initial sale, no less?

Is this because the resale value of the set has started to rise on secondary markets? And does this imply that the Mint has some remaining sets still to be released?

I find this odd...even by odd Mint standards.

• Options
    edited October 7, 2021 3:39PM

Yes they reset the HHL. Don’t know why. But they are back. This morning someone was denied a burnished ase because the HHL of 3. reappeared. Similar but not exactly. It’s something. We’ll see if others post on disappearance or changes

• Options
    GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 569 ✭✭✭✭

Got my second set today. Seeing that we have until the 13th for First Strike I think I will open them. :)

• Options
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 8, 2021 3:53PM

I'll never under stand some of these eBay sellers of modern Mint coinage. This guy is either an idiot or is happy with his 7% margin....I choose the former.

• Options

@Goldbully said:

I'll never under stand some of these eBay sellers of modern Mint coinage. This guy is either an idiot or is happy with his 7% margin....I choose the former.

And on the eBay listing it is claimed that 10% of the sale of this item will benefit Feeding America - so now my math is totally befuddled about his final profits.

• Options

Sounds like someone had a CC payment to make. Had to sell

• Options

@Goldbully said:

With all due respect, expecting more than a 10% net margin on coins isn't reasonable in most cases. Coins are low margin by their nature.

• Options

@vulcanize said:

@Goldbully said:

And on the eBay listing it is claimed that 10% of the sale of this item will benefit Feeding America - so now my math is totally befuddled about his final profits.

good catch, the puts him at a 9.50 loss on the sale, and that is only if he got free shipping from the mint

• Options
    ONaRollONaRoll Posts: 10 ✭✭

Watching out of curiosity. Seller located in Sri Lanka and Shipping from Shenzhen, China

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234218190504?hash=item36887df6a8:g:m3EAAOSwq39hQ~l1

Thanks to John Nanney's Discovery I stumbled upon this Great Forum and learned I had received the 2008-W ASE with 2007 Reverse from the U.S. Mint.
  • Options

wow, that seller is selling 6 gold coins in another auction and they are all gold plated and fake, be careful. the highest sale he has had is 6 dollars :#

• Options
    GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 569 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 10, 2021 5:07PM

@GiveMeProof said:
    Got my second set today. Seeing that we have until the 13th for First Strike I think I will open them. :)

Both sets look really good. I need a memory refresh. I filled out and printed the pdf submission forms. Step 7 (Submit) has me confused. Is there a "Submit" button? That is the only step in the 1-7 steps on the form that doesn't show complete. Did I miss something?

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 10, 2021 8:45PM

@GiveMeProof said:

@GiveMeProof said:

Both sets look really good. I need a memory refresh. I filled out and printed the pdf submission forms. Step 7 (Submit) has me confused. Is there a "Submit" button? That is the only step in the 1-7 steps on the form that doesn't show complete. Did I miss something?

The 7 step form is NOT the PDF form it is the online submission . There is a submit button. Did you do the check box that you agree with the terms of service. If the order processed correctly you will get an order received e-mail.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file