Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

****Official Silver Eagle 2021 Silver Reverse Proof Two-Coin Designer Edition Order Thread #2****

Comments

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2021 4:46AM

This and the burnished. The ounce uncirculated gold. Lot available

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is the HH limit applied on a "per order" basis now or is it historical in that if you have ordered one at any time you are not allowed to order another?

• Options
    ndeaglesndeagles Posts: 327 ✭✭✭✭

@PipestonePete said:
    Is the HH limit applied on a "per order" basis now or is it historical in that if you have ordered one at any time you are not allowed to order another?

It's historical, I got one yesterday, at first I got the HHL notice. I tried a second time using my parents address and the order went through.

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picked up a set today too. Was up for at least five minutes.

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2021 5:59AM

[The shipping does not move your coin up in line at the mint just gets it to you faster when turned over to the shipping company in this cases usps]

Sure...BUT....it's been sitting in the possession of UPS since Wednesday...and I paid the Mint for expedited next day air shipping. I'm thinking I should try to get that charge reversed by somebody since it hasn't arrived overnight,,,or after 2 nights...or 3 nights!

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2021 8:38AM

@RichR said:
    [The shipping does not move your coin up in line at the mint just gets it to you faster when turned over to the shipping company in this cases usps]

Sure...BUT....it's been sitting in the possession of UPS since Wednesday...and I paid the Mint for expedited next day air shipping. I'm thinking I should try to get that charge reversed by somebody since it hasn't arrived overnight,,,or after 2 nights...or 3 nights!

Not sure that the carrier has had your package since WED.

Under NORMAL circumstances, the Mint asks for "1-2 business days for order processing plus the additional delivery times below."
    Source: FAQ, "What’s the United States Mint Shipping Policy?"

Right now, due to COVID, they are warning of extended (internal) processing delays prior to shipment.

Source: Link

Take one of my recent orders as an example. I received my "shipment" e-mail on 08/13/21. However, the package was not officially "accepted" by the USPS until 8/18/21, five calendar days later.

Point: the 'next day' clock doesn't start at 'label created/shipped e-mail'. It starts when the carrier actually receives the package.

• Options

Their happening this morning

• Options
    edited October 17, 2021 5:15AM

Still up 25 minutes Just took one threw check out ,stopped short. Guest check out not working. Anyway. If you wanted one today is your day. 45 minutes still going
    Just stopped. Sorry

• Options
    GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 567 ✭✭✭✭

My two sets should arrive at the PCGS PO Box today. 2 day priority shipping took 5 days from CT.

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    A bit OT...but my One Ounce Silver Proof Coins (S)...ordered on Day 1...finally went from backordered to shipped on Friday.

Are you referring to the Type 2 "S" coin?
    It's in discussion over here ---> https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1061268/the-unofficial-2021-s-proof-silver-eagle-thread#latest

It seems a few of us, who ordered on Day 1 are now just finally getting our shipping notices.

It also appears those who "enrolled" already received their coins weeks ago...so far back, that those who received the enrolled coins were able to get "First Strike" labeling.

Those of us now getting our Type 2 "S" shipping notices...are out of luck on the the "First Strike" window!

Note: If I referred to the wrong coin, I apologize for wasting your time. Still learning here...

BST references available on request

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good looking lump of .999, need to work on better light distribution on the obverse.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options

[Note: If I referred to the wrong coin, I apologize for wasting your time. Still learning here...]

Yes...that be them!

• Options
    rooksmithrooksmith Posts: 972 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 18, 2021 7:14AM

When will these babies reach the already oversaturated ASE 2021 varieties market? I want them, but cant wait for the market to implode. (dont worry, that never happens, until the next limited release special version).

“When you don't know what you're talking about, it's hard to know when you're finished.” - Tommy Smothers
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2021 7:16AM

Here’s 3. They seem low enough that if I wanted one I would offer and jump. Just me ofcourse 😉. Note. I do not sell and am just posting some random pictures from eBay 🙀

• Options

@Metal said:
    Hedging my bet a bit. I just bit the bullet and preordered a PF70 set. (My son and I both have orders in at the mint) at least we're assured a PF70, and he and I can decide what to do when the ones from the mint arrive.

Wow that holder is not gonna fit in my PCGS collection. Can you crack them out and get them as regular slabs?

“When you don't know what you're talking about, it's hard to know when you're finished.” - Tommy Smothers
  • Options

They are available in conventional slabs

• Options

This and the limited edition are available

• Options

have these been restocking? or are they officially sold out?

• Options

@mintymint said:
    have these been restocking? or are they officially sold out?

They were up for a second yesterday. Limited edition also. We’ll see this morning

• Options
    edited October 21, 2021 5:24AM

Hurry they are up. You can walk and get one. No hurry. I refreshed so much I got “captured “😂
    Well one in the cart but can’t land it HHL 1 😳

Cool. I believe you could crawl as it’s still available at 55 minutes plus 😉

• Options

Well...for all those who previously argued that a HHL of only 1 or 2 wouldn't make them more widely available over a longer period of time...we're kinda showing the results of this experiment in real time now...vs a single buyer swooping in and buying 25 or 100 at a time!

• Options

Well now. 🤔

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please move all sales posting to the buy sell forum

Thanks

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options

This and the limited edition this morning.

• Options
    edited October 22, 2021 9:11PM

Definitely OT...but my Morgan 2021 Silver Dollar with (S) Mint Mark just shipped!

So if you have any of those orders pending...you might want to check their status.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

Available now!!

• Options
    CXDCXD Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

Hanging around at 7:41am - still 23 avail. :|

• Options
    PppPpp Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭

Cxd could you please let me know where did you look to see that there was 23 left?

• Options
    edited October 24, 2021 4:53AM

@Ppp said:
    Cxd could you please let me know where did you look to see that there was 23 left?

Right click on product page and choose "view page source", (new window) then cntl-F and type "data-av" (& hit enter).
    now =13 at 7:48 am

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow. Still available!! It's almost been half an hour. Probably the last time. Get ready to hang the sold out sign.

• Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Honestly, not much of a reverse proof fan, but snagged a set just because of the design change.

• Options
    vulcanizevulcanize Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sales on eBay sorted by lowest paints a dismal scene for the flippers with this set.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=2021+reverse+proof+two+coin+set+designer+edition&_sacat=39482&_sop=15&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

And the 102.50$ with 25 bids for a set with free shipping from China definitely makes it very intriguing with regards to the number of fakes out there :o

• Options
    PppPpp Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭

Cxd thank you for your response
    “ Right click on product page and choose "view page source", (new window) then cntl-F and type "data-av" (& hit enter).
    now =13 at 7:48 am”

However, I use an iPad and based on your instructions I can’t figure out how to execute them. Do you know how to get the information using an iPad?
    Or is it the same instructions and I am really showing my age? 🙂

• Options

@Ppp said:
    Cxd thank you for your response
    “ Right click on product page and choose "view page source", (new window) then cntl-F and type "data-av" (& hit enter).
    now =13 at 7:48 am”

However, I use an iPad and based on your instructions I can’t figure out how to execute them. Do you know how to get the information using an iPad?
    Or is it the same instructions and I am really showing my age? 🙂

Off hand; I don’t have an answer for using the iPad - it has only worked for me when using a computer. It may be limited based on Operating System etc. but maybe someone else here may have a technical answer for that.. 🙂

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

They were available for a short time this morning. Long enough to select one and check out without issue.

• Options

My two sets of RP ASE's are in encapsulation, no grades yet.

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭

Available now @ 8:18 am EDT.

I wonder what the condition of the remaining stock is looking like or might the remaining ones be returns from those who were not happy with their original purchase (I.e. not 70’s)??

BST references available on request

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

My order from two days ago has moved to "shipped". Different account but same mailing address as my previous order. I was waiting to see if they flagged the house hold limit on it.

My previous two orders I had submitted just moved to encapsulation also. They are moving right along, that extra First Strike fee must help with turn around times?

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GiveMeProof said:

You still have a very long wait to get grades. The grades need to be finalized, coins encapsulated, QC process, Payment Process. I would guesstimate 4 more weeks before you see grades.

• Options

Did I have to send the sealed box to get the "Designer" label?

• Options

@Defi_Lama said:

Welcome. Read back 5-6 pages and there is a wealth of information just on this thread

• Options

@djm said:

@GiveMeProof said:

You still have a very long wait to get grades. The grades need to be finalized, coins encapsulated, QC process, Payment Process. I would guesstimate 4 more weeks before you see grades.

That's OK. I went First Strike Economy so I'm not in any hurry. In QA now.

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@Defi_Lama said:

Welcome. Read back 5-6 pages and there is a wealth of information just on this thread

I'm afraid they're only talking about First Strike, not the Designer label :(

• Options

@Defi_Lama said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@Defi_Lama said:

I'm afraid they're only talking about First Strike, not the Designer label :(

Accept my apologies. There should be someone to help. Maybe PM Heather Boyd. She and her staff are usually happy to help. We are lucky to have her as a resource. 😉

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,323 ✭✭✭✭✭

Heh

Do that and we are charged $15/yr amirite

The question to ask: are these two coins available as singles or as part of another set? So, are they? If not, then you don’t have to prove they are from the specific 2-coin

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Defi_Lama said:

The two coins in 21XJ are unique (i.e., they are not available individually, or as part of another set).
    As such, you do not have to submit them in a sealed box to get the "designer edition" designation.

The available PCGS coin numbers are below. If you are not interested in, or eligible for, "First Strike", you can even opt out of the "designer edition" designation (i.e., PCGS #888429 and 888430).

Source

The "First Strike" cutoff was 10/13/21. Reference. To be eligible for "First Strike" at this juncture, you would have to submit an unopened box from the Mint with a 'postmark/packing slip' date prior to 10/13/21.

• Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

I can't take it any longer. The term "Designer Set" for this offering makes me think someone is remodeling a kitchen.

• Options

Can anyone explain what Designer Edition - First Day of Issue is vs a Designer Edition First Strike, vs Designer ? I understand loosely what First Strike and First Day of Issue are, and I know the obvious differences between Types 1 and 2. At what point are we categorizing the holders and not the coins? ( Sort of surprised the Burnished Special Finish isnt in there )

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file