Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The UNOFFICIAL 2021-S Proof Silver Eagle thread

jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,746 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why was the focus on the W (350,000 mintage) rather than the Type 2 S (200,000 mintage)?

Comments

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

Because it came out first? I imagine as we get closer to the S, the conversation will grow.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

it was what was next.

the S ... sell through in 10 minutes?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed it will be a sellout, how fast?? Under ten minutes.

• Options

@jwitten said:
    Because it came out first? I imagine as we get closer to the S, the conversation will grow.

@MsMorrisine said:
    it was what was next.

the S ... sell through in 10 minutes?

@Onastone said:

Yes, of course. 200,000 is still too many for the long haul. It is however getting closer to the cash zone: under 150,000 mintage.

Both the W and the S have unlimited total mintage. I wonder if they will be appearing in the LE set or some other product.

This year has to be a record for ASE types and labels.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

I may have caught a break on this one. I have it as my first enrollment and got the email check in the other day. I monitored ricko and a couple others who did enrollment on the W proof ase and posted results. They seem happy so 🤞🏽🤓give it a try. Now for the peace dollar hang on😈

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:

Any idea what the big buyers are planning to pay?

theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

HHL of 3 I think. Enrollment of 3 for me

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    edited August 3, 2021 9:41PM

JM was offering $150 for the Morgan D and or S
    Also good point about limited edition they do say W&S it has to be the ase’s 2type 1’s and 2 type 2. No 1&1 but good point 🤓

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh crap, I'm on the UNOFFICIAL thread. @jmlanzaf what have you done?? :#:#:#

(I'm actually surprised nobody has said anything about this yet!!!! lol)

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will not get into the rush for this one.... I got the W (now in hand) and it is lovely. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    rip_frip_f Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

This year has to be a record for ASE types and labels.

I think labels shouldn't count. They're just marketing gimmicks.

But as to design, mint mark, and finish, I count 8 uniquely different ASEs this year. That beats out the 6 different ASEs in 2019, for a new record.

But the all time record is still the 2014 Kennedy half with 10 different!

• Options

I think there are 100k or so less than the W amd there was a rush of the W so thinking the same thing here. In for three hoping one will be a 70

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good Thread and topic.
    However, haven't found myself buying into this thus far. Maybe down the line sometime? :)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rip_f said:
    I think labels shouldn't count. They're just marketing gimmicks.

But as to design, mint mark, and finish, I count 8 uniquely different ASEs this year. That beats out the 6 different ASEs in 2019, for a new record.

A forum generated list, which includes label distinctions, can be found at:
    https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1060709/list-of-the-many-2021-ase-and-age-releases

• Options
    TheRavenTheRaven Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭✭

I do not understand the reason the mint is making these coins so limited. Silly really.

Collection under construction: VG Barber Quarters & Halves
  • Options
    edited August 4, 2021 11:15AM

Creating scarcity in the market. I completed the type 1 set and am on the fence for type two but until I make a call am following like a lemming

• Options

@TheRaven said:
    I do not understand the reason the mint is making these coins so limited. Silly really.

Because you sell more that way.

• Options
    smuglrsmuglr Posts: 407 ✭✭✭
    edited August 4, 2021 4:18PM

@rip_f said

@smuglr said

Actually 12 different for the 2014 Kennedy half plus gold version if you include it.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:
    Why was the focus on the W (350,000 mintage) rather than the Type 2 S (200,000 mintage)?

Hmmm that is the point I made on The Official TYPE 2 American Eagle 2021 One Ounce Silver Proof Coin thread (July 21 page 2) that instead of reading and agreeing you continued to argue and tear apart lol.

• Options
    edited August 4, 2021 4:37PM

@smuglr said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Hmmm that is the point I made on The Official TYPE 2 American Eagle 2021 One Ounce Silver Proof Coin thread (July 21 page 2) that instead of reading and agreeing you continued to argue and tear apart lol.

Not me. I simply don't believe in any of these long term. The 2019 sold 149,000. The 2020 sold 191,000. Suddenly a "limited mintage" of 350,000 sells out in 15 minutes. You do the math.

200,000 is still more than they sold the last 2 years.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@smuglr said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Not me. I simply don't believe in any of these long term. The 2019 sold 149,000. The 2020 sold 191,000. Suddenly a "limited mintage" of 350,000 sells out in 15 minutes. You do the math.

The 2019 was just under 200,000 (50,000 were in the limited edition silver proof set) and the 2020 was over 200,000 (17,000 were in the 40 coin product).

• Options

I moved the type 2 into a clamshell I had from 2019S ase enhanced that one with 29,000+ mintage. You would think that they would use a good product. It’s a clamshell and similar to the others but noticeably a darker shade of blue. The packaging holds a clamshell so the custom mint2021 sleeve fits

box fits

• Options

@smuglr said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@smuglr said:

@jmlanzaf said:

The 2019 was just under 200,000 (50,000 were in the limited edthe Lition silver proof set) and the 2020 was over 200,000 (17,000 were in the 40 coin product).

Sure. And then add the LE sets this year. The point remains. People are scrambling to acquire multiple ASEs this year, all of whom have higher mintages than recent years.

• Options

I got this today about the enrollment 🤓

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 5, 2021 4:34PM

@jmlanzaf said:

Because having both will make a better combined Flip...

• Options

@Joe_360 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

LOL. If I want to do a combined flip, I think I need like 37 different types at this point.

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Joe_360 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

I think it is nothing more than the fact the W was available first. I guess technically it should be considered the first Type 2!

• Options
    edited August 5, 2021 5:49PM

@Joe_360 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    I moved the type 2 into a clamshell I had from 2019S ase enhanced that one with 29,000+ mintage. You would think that they would use a good product. It’s a clamshell and similar to the others but noticeably a darker shade of blue. The packaging holds a clamshell so the custom mint2021 sleeve fits

box fits

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Joe_360 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

LOL. If I want to do a combined flip, I think I need like 37 different types at this point.

LOL, I was kind of just thinking the first W & S Type 2... But hey, 37 is better...

• Options

@Joe_360 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Joe_360 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

LOL, I was kind of just thinking the first W & S Type 2... But hey, 37 is better...

But what about the reverse proof? Is there one? And then you might have the LE coin.

And then there's the Type 1s.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Joe_360 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Joe_360 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

But what about the reverse proof? Is there one? And then you might have the LE coin.

The reverse proof and LE are already in a set. The Type I's are irrelevant to the first released 2021 W&S Type II's

I am sure that there would be interest on eBay. Good debate, thanks...

• Options

@Joe_360 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Joe_360 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Joe_360 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

The reverse proof and LE are already in a set. The Type I's are irrelevant to the first released 2021 W&S Type II's

I am sure that there would be interest on eBay. Good debate, thanks...

Not really debating. There's just so many of the damn things this year, I can barely keep track. LOL

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@Joe_360 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

box fits

Good idea, thanks. I had one extra clam-shell from a previous graded Eagle purchase and did the same.

• Options

Wow it’s really amazing how cheap and cheesy the ase age boxes are. Junk

• Options

Meh. I don't buy them for the boxes.

• Options

Just thinking about pride in craftsmanship. I buy 1 and do kinda care about the packaging That’s ok right?

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Just thinking about pride in craftsmanship. I buy 1 and do kinda care about the packaging That’s ok right?

I didn't say it wasn't. I don't care about packaging. That's OK, right?

• Options

Yes sir perhaps I place a little too much interest in what you say. I have nothing but ultimate respect for you and your opinion. Just took as dismissive of me your response. Again sorry

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Yes sir perhaps I place a little too much interest in what you say. I have nothing but ultimate respect for you and your opinion. Just took as dismissive of me your response. Again sorry

No need to apologize. Posts have no nuance. I'm sorry I came across as dismissive.

All my posts are strictly opinions. Embrace or dismiss them as you see fit.

Sometimes I wish there was no packaging. The packaging ends up taking up so much space.

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,734 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not buying or selling anything, but I have no access to any price guides and I was curious what the 2021-W Proof Type 2 silvers were being traded at after all that hype.
    Thx.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options

Here’s some I’ve noticed them at $159

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,734 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone has Egg on their Face…

This item is Scheduled to go on Sale in TWO DAYS…

21EMN 2021 AM EAGLE SILVER PROOF 1 OZ NEW (S) 13,986 +13,986

• Options

@cagcrisp said:

Dealer allotment probably. They had to pick them up in advance of release.

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@cagcrisp said:

Dealer allotment probably. They had to pick them up in advance of release.

Agreed. It happens. Just Not Usually reported...

• Options
    PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 11, 2021 5:47AM

I just received this email for my ASE order of 7/29. My order history shows it as "PROCESSING".

• Options
    jskillz95jskillz95 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭

I received the same message this morning as well

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PipestonePete said:
    I just received this email for my ASE order of 7/29. My order history shows it as "PROCESSING".

Did you use PayPal as payment? Maybe they tried to ship yesterday while the PayPal payment option was disabled from all accounts.

Did you call them yet to find out the issue? Please report back.

I am curious 🤔

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

There is an order limit of 3, a product limit of 200,000, but the mintage limit states: NONE, so I expect some 100,000 other "products" with this one.

Mintage rarity is fleeting when the rules can change.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file