Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The UNOFFICIAL 2021-S Proof Silver Eagle thread

Comments

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HoneyMarket said:

@MsMorrisine said:
    How many minutes did it take for them to go on Back order?

I believed the BackOrder indication popped up about 12:06-08 or so...
    After I got my order in, I was trying to help someone else with their order and noted the "Backorder" indication.

They were never able to complete their order...and as some said, by 12:10...everything went "Unavailable"

I don't understand this. It was pre-order the whole time.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@micotu said:
    So wait? Some of these were available for sale, but about 6 minutes in it switched to backorder with an October ship date?

No, it was pre-order the whole time

differs from what others have said.
    some said there was a 3 minutes switch, another 6, now it was that way from the beginning ?

you three argue it out and give us the story.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@jmlanzaf said:

pre-order differs from back order

the morgans and peace were pre-orders, these went back order.... or did they ?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@MsMorrisine said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@micotu said:
    So wait? Some of these were available for sale, but about 6 minutes in it switched to backorder with an October ship date?

No, it was pre-order the whole time

differs from what others have said.
    some said there was a 3 minutes switch, another 6, now it was that way from the beginning ?

you three argue it out and give us the story.

The button said pre-order from the moment it went active. I don't know if it changed to backorder later. But a pre-order is a backorder, so what's the difference?

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2021 2:16PM

Not me… have to buy a couple to have a shot at getting a 70. Then will attempt to trade excess to others if I get multiple 70’s or lower. Also the seagulls show up shit and leave like they do around every limited release

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:

@jmlanzaf said:

pre-order differs from back order

the morgans and peace were pre-orders, these went back order.... or did they ?

Pre-order is a backorder. Both are a delayed fulfillment date. What is the difference?

• Options

pre-order means they will strike to the number ordered

backordered means they need to strike more ... and they will -- on some releases -- strike more than demand so they have some in stock for future sales.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

My enrollment sez processing. Does that mean it will ship and not be backordered. My different Morgan and peace dollar say backorder

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    pre-order means they will strike to the number ordered

backordered means they need to strike more ... and they will -- on some releases -- strike more than demand so they have some in stock for future sales.

There is no functional difference when you are at the mintage limit.

I would also add that if pre-order means what you say it does, then it CAN'T go to backorder since all coins ordered are pre- orders by your definition.

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    My enrollment sez processing. Does that mean it will ship and not be backordered. My different Morgan and peace dollar say backorder

No. My Morgan dollars say "processing" and they won't arrive until October either.

By the way, how is it possible that the Mint has not been able to produce any of these coins yet but are going to somehow ship all 2 million in October and early November? What is the hold up? Boxes? COAs?

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

No. My Morgan dollars say "processing" and they won't arrive until October either.

it varies whether it says "processing" "shipped" or "backorder" by some type of computer bug. I have tons of old orders that apparently still "processing" for the past 12 months.

I have a Morgan+Peace combo order that shows "processing" and the automated telephone response system says it "will ship today."

@jmlanzaf said:

By the way, how is it possible that the Mint has not been able to produce any of these coins yet but are going to somehow ship all 2 million in October and early November? What is the hold up? Boxes? COAs?

I think ... guess .. they did not know what the true demand would be and was going to take 1 week's worth of orders and mint that amount in the future. Had they only sold 90,000 each the idea would have worked well. I did not expect the number of sales to make for a complete sell through, and apparently neither did they.

(note we are now about 3,500 coins below 175,000 for the CC and O. What they'll do about the difference I don't know. but those weekly sales numbers crawl down)

• Options
    PeyroguyPeyroguy Posts: 96 ✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2021 3:03PM

Well that was fast, got my shipping confirmation already on all 3 of my birds. Eveny backorder 1/2, ouncer is processing. I am lucky to have the enrollment with the ASE, was nice not having to worry about the site booting me off.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 15,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did see "backorder" in red at checkout today but who cares. No idea but I guess these will ship sooner than later.

• Options

@JBK said:
    I did see "backorder" in red at checkout today but who cares. No idea but I guess these will ship sooner than later.

Just seems like a distinction without meaning.

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2021 4:43PM

Good to see that people are primarily disputing backorder vs. preorder rather than "I got shutout today!" vs. "I got shutout again!!!"

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

Confirmed as of 16:43
    When the item went 'Live' for me it stated 'Add to Bag'
    After the multiple ' Page Not Found' error messages,
    It changed to 'Backorder'
    It shows 'Backorder' on my order page.

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2021 5:02PM

@MsMorrisine said:

@jmlanzaf said:

it varies whether it says "processing" "shipped" or "backorder" by some type of computer bug. I have tons of old orders that apparently still "processing" for the past 12 months.

All of my Morgan's say Backorder except for one that says processing. All of the backorders show my CC as payment method
    and my card was pinged. The one that is still processing does not show a payment method and my card was not pinged.
    I have order confirmation emails for all orders including the processing one. On that confirmation the payment method is missing as well.
    I wonder if this is tied in to all the issues yesterday with credit cards not processing correctly. I see a colossal cluster&^$#
    comming at shipping time.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options

@HATTRICK said:

@MsMorrisine said:

@jmlanzaf said:

All of my Morgan's say Backorder except for one that says processing. All of the backorders show my CC as payment method
    and my card was pinged. The one that is still processing does not show a payment method and my card was not pinged.
    I have order confirmation emails for all orders including the processing one. On that confirmation the payment method is missing as well.
    I wonder if this is tied in to all the issues yesterday with credit cards not processing correctly. I see a colossal cluster&^$#
    comming at shipping time.

it's been that way for years.

and with all the tales told yesterday you'll never get a good answer by calling in to ask. this is another issue they need to fix.

• Options

Anyone else enrolled for the 2021 S ASE Proof and find out too late that mysteriously their enrollment went from 3 to 2? I'm extremely happy I was able to get two through my enrollment but frankly frustrated one was removed without my doing so.

• Options
    al410al410 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2021 5:52PM

I did get a confirmation but still shows processing, but then again my orders never go out of processing, I have some from last year that still show processing, only other notice I get is in e-mail when it ships. I have talked them about fixing it but never happens.
    Al
    Has it been determined if these were pre order or they actually will be shipping them soon?

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭

At the beginning it said Pre-Order -- and then it switched at some point to say Backorder. I don't remember how long before the switch, but I think the end result is the same...

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2021 6:33PM

@DimeDork said:
    :#

My 12:07 PM EST order got a confirmation email, but Backordered on "Order History"

I was a 12:02 PM EST order...and now mine is "Backordered" as well - WTF (fudgsicles)!

Originally, at some point this afternoon, it was listed as "Processing"

:o

BST references available on request

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2021 6:30PM

@DotStore said:
    At the beginning it said Pre-Order -- and then it switched at some point to say Backorder. I don't remember how long before the switch, but I think the end result is the same...

I too noted the same...

During checkout with the US Mint, I'm too busy trying to refresh screens due to all of the Mint Error messages...and then shifting back and forth between browsers (Edge, Chrome, Firefox - all signed in) to complete the checkout process.

Maybe next time I'll set up screen recording to record every move to play it back and review the checkout process.

Heck, I'm sure a video playback, of the US Mint's typical checkout process, set to Tetris music, would quickly go viral around these parts, with most shaking their head in agreement.

B)

BST references available on request

• Options
    fox9487fox9487 Posts: 285 ✭✭✭

I was a 12:00 pm order, that's when my "we received your order" arrived in my inbox, and I swear I saw add to bag before/when clicked to place in cart. And nothing about an expected in stock/ship date of Oct. 15th? showing. Just a straight up checkout.
    On second order it was showing item backordered red button and in the cart itself.

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought we had to wait till noon. I was> @PipestonePete said:

Well I finally got in after 3:34 minute wait and when the mint rep put me on hold to check into the order the connection went dead. Fortunately, the 214 minutes of listening to that lame music must have driven me somewhat mad as it all seems quite funny to me right now.

For your listening enjoyment: https://youtu.be/GAUS68OEb_4

• Options
    ndeaglesndeagles Posts: 355 ✭✭✭✭

@SilverEagleFanantic said:
    Anyone else enrolled for the 2021 S ASE Proof and find out too late that mysteriously their enrollment went from 3 to 2? I'm extremely happy I was able to get two through my enrollment but frankly frustrated one was removed without my doing so.

Funny, mine went from 1 to 2, but they were separate enrollments. I've been enrolled for a few years and haven't touched it. I got 2 separate emails, 2 Cc pings. Not sure how it happened, but I'm not complaining, I wanted 2 anyways.

• Options

Saw the RED this morning, but the button wouldn't work. The page worked fine, you could change how many you wanted, you just couldn't add them to your bag. :o

• Options

@Onastone said:
    Saw the RED this morning, but the button wouldn't work. The page worked fine, you could change how many you wanted, you just couldn't add them to your bag. :o

Probably just means that it was unavailable again by the time you tried to add it. The windows are ridiculously small

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭

I wasn't fast enough to get one this morning, and it was probably our last shot -- assuming they lift the HH Limit today...

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Onastone said:

Probably just means that it was unavailable again by the time you tried to add it. The windows are ridiculously small

As soon as the add to cart button appears and you can’t add it, it’s already over.

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    dan91659dan91659 Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited August 13, 2021 4:47AM

I got it added to cart, but unable to check out, as it became unavailable quickly. Ill hold it theretill tomorrow.

• Options
    fox9487fox9487 Posts: 285 ✭✭✭

Had three already in cart from yesterday and no soap.

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • Options

@SilverEagleFanantic said:

Mine didn't change, all 3 came 2day

• Options

Crazy, I'm reading all the horror stories, not only did all 3 of my enrollment ASE go through, UPS delivered them this morning
    So glad I kept all my enrollments over these years

• Options
    al410al410 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭

I don't think I understand, so some people are getting these now and others are back ordered?
    Al

• Options

@Peyroguy said:
    Crazy, I'm reading all the horror stories, not only did all 3 of my enrollment ASE go through, UPS delivered them this morning

You saying you got the new S mint ase already? Impossible

• Options

So my bank returned the$85 from peace dollar and everything looks ok order wise. First time they held the money for a couple days but if this is the worst I’ll count my blessings

• Options

It sure seems mighty quick. Will wait for some clarity 🤓

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@Peyroguy said:

Is your shipping notice impossible, too? ;)

• Options

@Goldminers said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@Peyroguy said:

Is your shipping notice impossible, too? ;)

Nope I posted the proof 😎

• Options

I can't believe they spilled ink all over your receipt, I'd be upset too. ;)

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@Peyroguy said:

It's not impossible, but unlikely unless they shipped yesterday via next day air. I don't believe they ship enrollments in advance of the release date.

• Options

@Peyroguy said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@Peyroguy said:

It's not impossible, but unlikely unless they shipped yesterday via next day air. I don't believe they ship enrollments in advance of the release date.

Here ya go, I'm not home till Sunday, but my neighbor grabbed it

• Options

And yes it came next day air

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file