Options

The UNOFFICIAL 2021-S Proof Silver Eagle thread

Comments

• Options
    PeyroguyPeyroguy Posts: 96 ✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@Peyroguy said:
    Crazy, I'm reading all the horror stories, not only did all 3 of my enrollment ASE go through, UPS delivered them this morning
    So glad I kept all my enrollments over these years

You saying you got the new S mint ase already? Impossible

Is your shipping notice impossible, too? ;)

• Options
    PeyroguyPeyroguy Posts: 96 ✭✭✭

Not sure why I say it's impossible, my ASE type 2 are already graded and home with me. My Gold type 2 $50, $5 are graded and in transit back to me. I almost always get my coins fast. Not sure why you think anyone would lie about getting a coin sooner or later?

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey goldminer what gives. Wake up on the wrong side of the bed?

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Peyroguy said:
    Not sure why I say it's impossible, my ASE type 2 are already graded and home with me. My Gold type 2 $50, $5 are graded and in transit back to me. I almost always get my coins fast. Not sure why you think anyone would lie about getting a coin sooner or later?

Do not worry. I am not questioning the truth of any of your posts, I was just referring to the post by Jzyskowski1, in fun, because he questioned the speed of a delivery, and then received his shipping notice almost at the same time. The forum program kept your information. My apologies for the any misunderstanding.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Hey goldminer what gives. Wake up on the wrong side of the bed?

Yes ;)

and it is Friday the 13th, too.

• Options
    edited August 13, 2021 5:32PM

Hey Capt. here’s some very recent auctions 🤓
    😳

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Peyroguy said:
    And yes it came next day air

Makes sense

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Hey Capt. here’s some very recent auctions 🤓
    😳

Better flip them fast

• Options

check again. most ended $130-$150

• Options
    GuxiyouGuxiyou Posts: 154 ✭✭✭

@VanHalen said:
    Will there ever be another year (from the U.S. Mint) like 2021? This whole shootin' match has been a hell of a ride and it ain't over yet.
    :D

lol, probably not for a while, but eventually ;) Let's just hope that this upcoming 2-coin set is finally the end of the T1 ASE, my wallet cannot take too many more.

• Options
    edited August 13, 2021 7:30PM

@mintymint said:

Note at top of list states Ended. That’s what they are selling for at auction. That one ended today. 🤓

Right below watching to the left. Active or ended. Ended is underlined
    I see offers higher but tomorrow check the sales data from eBay and we’ll have a better idea🙀

• Options

@VanHalen said:
    So I spoke with the mint's customer service tonight about free shipping after 3 orders in a calendar year per The United States Mint Loyalty Program . It is supposed to apply automatically (if subscribed to the Product & Promotion Updates email, which I was not).

I was given credit for my last three shipped orders (she used a rolling 12 months, not 2021 calendar year). Also said all backorders (5 right now) should receive free shipping but I may have to call to ensure credit. It was a positive customer service experience even though I was on hold for 20 minutes. :p

Nice to see a positive experience with calling into the mint this week. 20 minutes on hold seems like winning the lottery, and the agents have to be pretty frazzled after the email snafu.

• Options

@mintymint said:

Here’s 4 from right now let’s see what happens

• Options
    SweetpieSweetpie Posts: 466 ✭✭✭

I think you are confusing the W mint proof with the S proof.

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@mintymint said:

Note at top of list states Ended. That’s what they are selling for at auction. That one ended today. 🤓

I see offers higher but tomorrow check the sales data from eBay and we’ll have a better idea🙀

not sure what you are looking at. i'm searching ended most recent on ebay.

• Options
    Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

@Onastone said:

@Sweetpie said:

There's bound to be confusion. Type 1- Type 2 - W mint - S mint - P mint -MS - PR - RP Could we throw in any more variations???

An enhanced reverse proof would sure be nice!

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭

Just showed for a split second today -- I wasn't fast enough...

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

With frosted ground!

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

Got teased again

• Options

@Dirt94 said:

@Onastone said:

@Sweetpie said:

There's bound to be confusion. Type 1- Type 2 - W mint - S mint - P mint -MS - PR - RP Could we throw in any more variations???

An enhanced reverse proof would sure be nice!

Also add a Burnished finish to the list.

• Options

@mintymint said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@mintymint said:

not sure what you are looking at. i'm searching ended most recent on ebay.

That sounds fine. We’ll use eBay sold. Not arguing trying,like you, to understand why W proofs type 2are not being sold for as much as type 1 🤓

• Options

Here’s two from eBay sold list
    More ending later

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Here’s two from eBay sold list
    More ending later

dude im not sure what you are trying to prove. i meant ended as in sold most recent. and you keep posting the wrong coin. thats why you are seeing the wrong sold prices. smh

• Options

Sorry I mean no offense. Perhaps you would be so kind as to tell me which ase
    And I’m not trying to prove anything just having a friendly conversation. I’m sure when you get a few post (4) and a little time you’ll see that conversations happen here alot. Really would like to continue to talk with you and others about this so I await your response as to which dang ase were talking about 🤓

• Options
    HalfpenceHalfpence Posts: 442 ✭✭✭✭

The title explains which coin. It’s the 2021 S proof eagle, no the W proof eagle.

• Options

@Halfpence said:
    The title explains which coin. It’s the 2021 S proof eagle, no the W proof eagle.

It sure does. This thread also zig-zags between the W the S. Both type 1&2 as well as gold. Your point however is well taken(think I can blame it on old age?)😂. I shall take a nap and clear my head 🥱

• Options
    HalfpenceHalfpence Posts: 442 ✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@Halfpence said:

It sure does. This thread also zig-zags between the W the S. Both type 1&2 as well as gold. Your point however is well taken(think I can blame it on old age?)😂. I shall take a nap and clear my head 🥱

It’s all good. We do wander, that’s for certain. But we’re just glad you’re here and posting. Keep it up!

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 14, 2021 12:50PM

@Halfpence said:
    It’s all good. We do wander, that’s for certain. But we’re just glad you’re here and posting. Keep it up!

Shhhhh....
    He's sleeping!

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    😂. I shall take a nap and clear my head 🥱

BST references available on request

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:
    Why was the focus on the W (350,000 mintage) rather than the Type 2 S (200,000 mintage)?

These are product limits, not mintage limits. This makes the mint free to release more of each coin under a different product name such as a set.

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

[These are product limits, not mintage limits. This makes the mint free to release more of each coin under a different product name such as a set.]

Not a 100% sure thing...but a 99% chance that the Mint will not be minting additional anything over these original numbers this year.

• Options

I can’t fight this dang feeling we are headed off a cliff (I have been there 178ft hit a tree saved me). Why are only a handful of ase’s S proof shipping now and backordered the rest. Too many things coming together fast. Just a thought 🤓

• Options
    rip_frip_f Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭

----" Why are only a handful of ase’s S proof shipping now and backordered the rest. "----

The ASE proofs are not a special issue coin. They are available each year through an enrollment process as well as a release day sale, and relatively recently via a bulk early release opportunity.

The Mint has the enrollment coins and bulk sale coins ready to go earlier than the release day sales. That's how I understand it.

• Options
    smuglrsmuglr Posts: 407 ✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    [These are product limits, not mintage limits. This makes the mint free to release more of each coin under a different product name such as a set.]

Not a 100% sure thing...but a 99% chance that the Mint will not be minting additional anything over these original numbers this year.

May not mint more but there is also the mintage for the bulk (40 coin) product that is not included in these product limits and the mintage for whichever is part of the limited edition silver proof set that would add to the total mintage number.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rip_f said:
    ----" Why are only a handful of ase’s S proof shipping now and backordered the rest. "----

The ASE proofs are not a special issue coin. They are available each year through an enrollment process as well as a release day sale, and relatively recently via a bulk early release opportunity.

The Mint has the enrollment coins and bulk sale coins ready to go earlier than the release day sales. That's how I understand it.

I think the mint is cramming too much into too short a window...the type 2s are only being minted for half a year while the type 1s are already done...at least I think they're done....

• Options

Just saying they ought to have 200,000blanks. And they don’t backorder means later. My concern is about all the laters coming together

• Options

@rip_f said:

Why the backorder and some who posted swear they saw October shipping. Why? Maybe because they don’t have the blanks or time to make them and with all these shipping dates it’s gunna be difficult to avoid a train wreck. CC issues. Here we are halfway through August. 6 weeks til October. I sure don’t feel like the mint is enhancing my experience as they say Good luck 🤓

• Options
    GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 569 ✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:

@Sweetpie said:

Don't forget "burnished" coming soon. :/

• Options

@Onastone said:

@rip_f said:

I think the mint is cramming too much into too short a window...the type 2s are only being minted for half a year while the type 1s are already done...at least I think they're done....

I keep thinking they've done the last type 1, and then there is always one more.

• Options
    GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 569 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 15, 2021 9:49PM

I hate playing the MINT crap shoot so I bit the bullet and ordered a PCGS 2021-S Type 2 PF70 FDOI ASE for $319. Minutes prior to that I made an offer on a $350 presale for $295 and to my surprise my offer ended up being accepted the next day. The description above is exactly what I try to collect so it is worth it to me. After I got burned with the 2019-S ERP that I sent to PCGS and came back with a PF68 grade, I try to order only graded coins.

OK, here comes the hypocritical part: I will be trying for the 2 coin RP set. I think they will be pretty expensive once graded. What kind of price would you guys expect on the "S" type 2 once these are shipped and graded? Would be interested to hear your opinions.

• Options
    edited August 15, 2021 10:13PM

Your 68 isn’t that bad. Some of the V-75ase’s came back 65&66 the one I got was a mess I didn’t even think about grading. Seriously I hear you graded has it’s benefits 🤓

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:
    Did you see they are charging 60 bucks for the fedex mailer😄. WTH

I was shocked to see this. I even showed it to my wife who had to laugh.
    You do all the work and you make a tidy profit of $7.00(140-60=80-73=7)
    I wonder how many people took them up on their offer. :o
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    CXDCXD Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

@WAYNEAS said:

@Mgarmy said:

Wayne

But you are not obligated to send Fedex. This low $ stuff I won't even insure; just sent USPS w/tracking etc.

• Options

@WAYNEAS said:

@Mgarmy said:

Wayne

Dont forget to subtract US Mint shipping to you , so we are looking at $2 or less!

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sweetpie said:

@WAYNEAS said:

@Mgarmy said:

Wayne

Dont forget to subtract US Mint shipping to you , so we are looking at $2 or less!

Yep. I forgot to add the shipping cost. Thanks.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rip_f said:

The S proofs are unique and a specialty. My advance sub of 10 has still not shipped, the CC has not been pinged, but mint status shows processing.

• Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 16, 2021 10:49AM

@derryb said:

The S proofs are unique and a specialty. My advance sub of 10 has still not shipped, the CC has not been pinged, but mint status shows processing.

Somewhat similarly, my Morgan P/Peace order went from order received, to processing, to back ordered, and payment method shows blank, CC was not pinged. I called, they assured me that the order is ok because it's listed as backordered. I have my doubts... @derryb, is your payment method showing blank on your order?

(l8-)>>

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 16, 2021 10:30AM

Mine is showing payment info.

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file