Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The UNOFFICIAL 2021-S Proof Silver Eagle thread

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

My sub is on the move

But heading in the wrong direction

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 756 ✭✭✭

2 S
    Order Placed: Aug 21, 2021
    Order Number: USM1135XXXX

• Options

@meluaufeet said:
    2 S
    Order Placed: Aug 21, 2021
    Order Number: USM1135XXXX

what time was the drop?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Usual time same same 7:30 est🤓

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy for those who had success and encouragement to keep trying for those that did not.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    edited August 21, 2021 6:44AM

I woke up but accidentally fell asleep :(

• Options
    tahbb143tahbb143 Posts: 91 ✭✭✭

Got my 3 × T2 2021-S earlier today.

Look like a couple 70s and then a 69 with 2 tiny nicks on obv breastplate and dress.

Thought the rev feather break was a gouge at first before seeing it on all 3 of my revs and on mints rev image render.

Gap-tooth reed seems to be directly below the 2nd 2 in 2021, as best I can tell without removing specimens from capsules.

• Options

that does not look like a contact mark.

• Options

I count 9 feathers up. Looks like we are from the same batch Sure looks stamped in or ( I’m hunting for words but the gouge looking thing. Same as yours?

• Options

Did you guys order day of or did you have enrollment?

• Options
    edited August 21, 2021 2:42PM

Enrollment for me. First try of enrollment and I like it!🙀

• Options

I’ll post to move it to the top really hoping some of our experts will weight in🙏

• Options
    FlipsFlips Posts: 83 ✭✭✭

Decent amount available this morning. Picked up 99

• Options

Enrollment

Not fool-proof but the better option

• Options

My order for 3 moved to processing today.

• Options

@Flips said:

u serious or joking? lol

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 22, 2021 6:35PM

As a type collector, I will wait for future years when games will not dominate the market.

This Mint Director is anti-collector.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2021 7:35PM

@mintymint said:

@Flips said:

u serious or joking? lol

Serious...why not!?

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,921 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tried for 5, but the Mint was a tease this AM.

That's as far as I got.

• Options
    Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

That damn website checker is a pain in the butt! Every morning it has to do it right when they are released and you can’t hit purchase until they are gone again. So frustrating!

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

@Flips said:

@mintymint said:

@Flips said:

u serious or joking? lol

Serious...why not!?

Not that I don’t believe you. I just have never seen an order for 99. Show me a screen shot of your order history. Block out the order number. I’d love to see that!

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options

@CoinMeister said:

@Flips said:

@mintymint said:

@Flips said:

u serious or joking? lol

Serious...why not!?

Not that I don’t believe you. I just have never seen an order for 99. Show me a screen shot of your order history. Block out the order number. I’d love to see that!

Did you miss all the 99 orders from other listings earlier this year? I believe the first Ase W proof started out at 99. But I too would like to see a picture of the receipts but as far as seeing 99 orders verified by others yes I’ve seen it. 🤓🙀

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@CoinMeister said:

@Flips said:

@mintymint said:

@Flips said:

u serious or joking? lol

Serious...why not!?

Did you miss all the 99 orders from other listings earlier this year? I believe the first Ase W proof started out at 99. But I too would like to see a picture of the receipts but as far as seeing 99 orders verified by others yes I’ve seen it. 🤓🙀

I am really just looking forward to my cc morgan orders

• Options

@Flips
    Very interesting! Thanks for sharing.

• Options

Congratulations that’s what they look like and wow that’s something you 99 and me 1 have in common! What the heck is my cc gunna look like. Money being relative our “pain”can be similar 🤓🙀🙏

• Options
    edited September 2, 2021 5:55AM

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Congratulations that’s what they look like and wow that’s something you 99 and me 1 have in common! What the heck is my cc gunna look like. Money being relative our “pain”can be similar 🤓🙀🙏

• Options

Well maybe there’s a difference 😂. Buddy like I said money is relative but the weight is also. Responsibility is relative just in the volume your responsible for way different than me 😃. Good luck thanks 🙏

• Options
    micotumicotu Posts: 58 ✭✭

strange decimal place in that total...

• Options

This is nuts...my enrollment tracking (that I first received on the 12th) still says check back tomorrow for tracking updates??? I am not in any great hurry, but would be nice to get eventually!

• Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭

I managed to get 1 in the bag this morning. Will try to check out tomorrow...

BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options
    tahbb143tahbb143 Posts: 91 ✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    I count 9 feathers up. Looks like we are from the same batch Sure looks stamped in or ( I’m hunting for words but the gouge looking thing. Same as yours?

I believe this is an intentional design element, as a zoom in on the us mint render of the rev shows an area that looks like this.

I just think it looks weird lol.

While the area in green is I guess ok, the area in red doesn't make sense as a feather break continuing from the feathe break on the feather above.

With as highly designed & engineered as coins are these days, this just looks sloppy to me.

All that being said, it would be great to understand if this element has consistency across batches.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 23, 2021 10:13AM

@tahbb143 said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

>

I believe this is an intentional design element, as a zoom in on the us mint render of the rev shows an area that looks like this.

I just think it looks weird lol.

While the area in green is I guess ok, the area in red doesn't make sense as a feather break continuing from the feathe break on the feather above.

With as highly designed & engineered as coins are these days, this just looks sloppy to me.

All that being said, it would be great to understand if this element has consistency across batches.

As I mentioned on the other "Help with ase's thread". This is on the 2021-W proofs, and the 2021 bullion MS type 2's as well.
    Here is my 2021-W proof photo like yours above of the S.

• Options
    ebizgobroebizgobro Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

@Flips said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

1 of 2 🤫

The total: 85 x 99 = $8415 not 85.0000?
    I hope you got 99 coins.

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ebizgobro said:

@Flips said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

1 of 2 🤫

I hope you got 99 coins.

Yes! $85 × 99 = $8415.... use a calculator!🙄

• Options
    edited September 15, 2021 11:01AM

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@ebizgobro said:

@Flips said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

1 of 2 🤫

I hope you got 99 coins.

Yes! $85 × 99 = $8415.... use a calculator!🙄

Math is hard for the mint as we can see from the recent snafu on product limits 😂

• Options

My backordered Morgans say the same thing as Ebizgobro - Nice scoop

• Options
    OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭

Why doesn't the mint just get rid of its call in automated order status system. They should just leave a message when you call in that says "We don't know when your order will ship. We hope someday it will". On my orders it always says shipping today and it never does.

• Options
    PeyroguyPeyroguy Posts: 96 ✭✭✭
    edited August 23, 2021 2:54PM

@OLC said:
    Why doesn't the mint just get rid of its call in automated order status system. They should just leave a message when you call in that says "We don't know when your order will ship. We hope someday it will". On my orders it always says shipping today and it never does.

I feel your pain, I had one enrollment that shipped the day after, hasn't been picked up, I ordered 2 more and they are coming tomorrow. So it shows the order # means nothing. I called them and you get different answers, one says it's just the mint is behind or it's lost and to call back in 21 days from order to to a trace. It's a joke, I'm just gonna cancel the first order

• Options
    PeyroguyPeyroguy Posts: 96 ✭✭✭

Funny, last call to customer service says have to wait to put in a claim till EOM, just spoke to a rep who put my claim in for lost package, which I'm absolutely sure it's not lost, just my label is lost. But, I'm have my other 2 so I'm good with that. I asked how the Mint could be so behind yet during the height of the pandemic was faster, just crickets on the other end. I assume someone else got my coin, which I'm ok with that, didn't need 3 anyway. Send my 2 out for grading and hopefully get my 70

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 24, 2021 5:51AM

@tahbb143 said:

I just opened a box of (10) for submission and none of them showed this defect. Remains to be seen how the TPGs grade those that show this. Might possibly create a lower 70 pop.

Edited to add. This was a box of (10) S proofs without the defect.

The things I don’t always agree with are always worth considering.

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,921 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thought I had snagged some.

• Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭

@Goldbully said:

Thought I had snagged some.

Keep them and check out tomorrow.

BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options

Almost had one then went to page not found. I consider this practice for the 2 pc set in a couple of weeks.

• Options

I too was up and practicing for aseW burnished and the dreaded 2-coin monster. Got one backorder in the bag. Think my grandpa hands fumbled the check out because I got a don’t recognize you sign in error 2nd try got threw but at final checkout. Not available remove item. I just left er in the cart tomorrow we’ll try to backorder it 🤓🙀

• Options

@derryb said:

@tahbb143 said:

I just opened a box of (10) for submission and none of them showed this defect. Remains to be seen how the TPGs grade those that show this. Might possibly create a lower 70 pop.

All of my posted pictures of this area of the coin "defect" including the 2021 bullion MS and W proof were graded PCGS 70's and were purchased over the past several months.

If yours do not have the "defect", then maybe the Mint decided to revise the master used to make the more recent dies to fix it so the coin looks better. If so, the ones more scarce and possibly worth more might be the newest ones you mention without the "error". LOL

• Options

woohoo! mine is being delivered today! Just when I was getting ready to spend the day on hold with mint...thats a good day!

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 24, 2021 7:18AM

@Goldminers said:

All of my posted pictures of this area of the coin "defect" including the 2021 bullion MS and W proof were graded PCGS 70's and were purchased over the past several months.

If yours do not have the "defect", then maybe the Mint decided to revise the master used to make the more recent dies to fix it so the coin looks better. If so, the ones more scarce and possibly worth more might be the newest ones you mention without the "error". LOL

I just checked 40 of my T2 bullion coins and confirmed they do appear the same as your photos. While your pics make it appear to be a defect (die damage?) to me, my coins in hand show it is just be the design of the coin. I will have to double check my T2 S proofs when they return from grading.

In the mean time maybe someone with T2 S proofs can confirm what they see compared to your pics.

The things I don’t always agree with are always worth considering.

• Options
    edited August 24, 2021 7:05PM

@derryb said:

@Goldminers said:

I just checked 40 of my T2 bullion coins and confirmed they do appear the same as your photos. While your pics make it appear to be a defect (die damage?) to me, my coins in hand show it is just be the design of the coin. I will have to double check my T2 S proofs when they return from grading.

In the mean time maybe someone with T2 S proofs can confirm what they see compared to your pics.

I agree that this mark is just the way all of these Type 2 eagles were minted: MS bullion, 2021-W, 2021-S proofs that I have seen graded on eBay, and even in the online Mint renderings.

The ones you mentioned that do not have it, might be newer versions that were revised by the Mint deliberately, or perhaps the die was worn some on yours and it just did not show up as clearly. However, I do not see this design feature on the Mint rendition of the upcoming reverse proof.

Here is a early graded 2021-S that has it.

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got mine today. Going straight in to our host

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file