Options

The UNOFFICIAL 2021-S Proof Silver Eagle thread

Comments

• Options
    Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

I picked up 4 this morning.

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

the 200,000 product limit is for single packaged coins only. the coin itself has no limit and can be packaged in dozens of different sets if the mint desires

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are the 40 coin trays considered sets?

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Product Limit": applies to a particular item number (e.g., 21EMN). It is supposed to be the maximum number of units the Mint will sell of that specific 'item number/packaging option'.

The Mint can, and does, offer the same 'coin/medal' in different packaging. For example, the 2021 T1 ASE Proof-W coin was offered individually (21EA), in a 40-count tray (21EA040), and as part of the "Congratulations Set" (21RF).

"Mintage Limit": applies to a specific 'coin/medal' (e.g., 2021 T2 ASE Proof-S). It is supposed to be the maximum number of units the Mint will sell across all packaging options.

Σ"Product Limits" = "Mintage Limit"

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 18,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got 5 via the enrollment program. I've received all of them and have sold 3 and I'm keeping 2. Love the no bot hazzle.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

After numerous mornings of playing the 5 second rerouting sham and the captcha game right at 6:30 am CDT, I finally got one. It has been sitting in my bag for about 2 weeks.
    My bag has been emptied in time for the 2 coin ASE reverse proof fiasco. Then I’ll probably get to play the same morning game all over again.

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,410 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Are the 40 coin trays considered sets?

no.
    yes.

Can you clarify the question?

The number of sales listed are of 40 coin trays, so multiply the number sold by 40.

They are not also included under the individual coin numbers,

• Options

25,800 additional from 40 coin tray. Thanks JM. My question was if they were separate. 198,392+ 25,800= 224,392 to date Thanks 🤓🙀

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,921 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is as far as I ever get.

• Options

Backorder for a quick minute practicing for the 9th. I can get it to the cart but by number 2 or 3 on check out questions it’s crying about invalid item in cart. Then it disappears from cart on product page but it’s still there on the my order page. 🤓🙀

• Options
    FlipsFlips Posts: 83 ✭✭✭

Only saw 5 today guys. Good practice though! We are going to need it!

• Options

@MetroD said:
    Σ"Product Limits" = "Mintage Limit"

Thanks, this is the best explanation so far. Also, is there any place/blog that predicate/estimate the total mintage per coin?

• Options

Crystal ball.com. Just kidding 😂🙀.

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

@o0o said:

Thanks, this is the best explanation so far. Also, is there any place/blog that predicate/estimate the total mintage per coin?

I use the Cumulative Sales Figures for numismatic products.

This Mint link provides a "cumulative total of net sales demand reported from the launch of each product through the report date". It is 'organized/searchable' by item #.

For example, here is the current output for 21EMN:

Note - there is additional information available on the production & sales figures webpage (e.g., bullion 'sales/mintage').

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

I assume “predicate” should be “predict”

No one can pre-year calculate what total mintage ASEs will have.

You can look at the very changeable schedule and last year’s sales and try to estimate on your own.

However, I would not have guessed the number of products this year. But that is just one bit. They minted fewer S ASE than the W ASE. Maybe that’s from historical sales. I’m a bit surprised by it. They are all Proof ASE, though.

If you can estimate them, post it here. It’ll likely be the first time seen.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

trying to get 3 more, but when it hits "Backorder" the thing does not add to cart.

simple?? it's out of stock that fast? not really.

I go to an item that is in stock and the "Add To Cart" button does not work.

does anyone have experience with this?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,410 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    trying to get 3 more, but when it hits "Backorder" the thing does not add to cart.

Change browsers

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:

Fairly certain that it means the available quantity is less than what you are trying to add to your cart. I didnt see how many were available this morning to confirm.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@MsMorrisine said:

Change browsers

Happens in that browser too

• Options

And to be clear

The button doesn’t work for in stock items either

• Options
    Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 378 ✭✭✭
    edited September 3, 2021 5:05AM

For several times, I tried to checkout the coins already in my cart, when I clicked FINAL REVIEW the website started to "check your browser...".

And since "some initial legal hurdles to overcome in blocking scripted activity", it is going to be hard if you do not use bot.

• Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Still have my orders for these listed as backordered. My W ASEs still backordered since late July also.

• Options
    edited September 3, 2021 10:15AM

@92vette said:
    Still have my orders for these listed as backordered. My W ASEs still backordered since late July also.

I believe those will ship Oct 15 and early November or was it? Later for sure 😂

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@92vette said:

I believe those will ship Oct 15 and early November or was it? Later for sure 😂

Was it really October? I was banking on type 2 W shipping in Sept. so we will have Morgans/Eagles shipping all at the same time. I see no issues with that!

• Options
    edited September 5, 2021 4:53AM

Someone PM me

I have 3 in the cart for $219.

How do I checkout faster and avoid the browser check?

• Options

@Flips said:

How do you check to see how many are available any given morning?

BST references:
    jdimmick;Gerard;wondercoin;claychaser;agentjim007;CCC2010;guitarwes;TAMU15;Zubie;mariner67;segoja;Smittys;kaz;CARDSANDCOINS;FadeToBlack;
    jrt103;tizofthe;bronze6827;mkman;Scootersdad;AllCoinsRule;coindeuce;dmarks;piecesofme; and many more
  • Options

@pragmaticgoat said:

@Flips said:

How do you check to see how many are available any given morning?

I have 99 in the bag and when you refresh from your cart it will show the available amount.

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    Someone PM me

Start refreshing at 7:30 and 10-15 seconds. It never hits exactly at 7:30. Might give you a few attempts before the check browser

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 5, 2021 9:17AM

@Flips said:

@MsMorrisine said:
    Someone PM me

Start refreshing at 7:30 and 10-15 seconds. It never hits exactly at 7:30. Might give you a few attempts before the check browser

I tried many different strategies. It’s all luck of the draw. Good luck!

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options

@CoinMeister said:

@Flips said:

@MsMorrisine said:
    Someone PM me

I tried many different strategies. It’s all luck of the draw. Good luck!

Luck of the draw to get an order and then luck of the draw to see if the mint wants to fulfill your order or cancel for no reason. I snagged 99 last week and have my cc pinged/order email but there is no payment method in the order and it is still processing so that tells me that it will probably be canceled.

• Options
    edited September 5, 2021 10:26AM

So this morning I was “practicing “ for the up and coming releases. I carted one but was denied somewhere during check out. After I was back to the product list I noticed a new “feature “ next to my cart. ( which shows 1 lately they disappear after denial at check out). Never seen this before. A summary of the cart with price Thoughts anyone?

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

By the time these backordered ones ship, the demand will be much lower. By trickling out enrollments and vendor sales early it creates an artificial shortage, like the CC dollar presale.

Great if you have extras in hand to sell now, but with the limited edition proof set adding to the available coins in a couple months, the current eBay S mint proof prices just shouldn't last.

I plan to get just one 70 for my set in a month or two. I lost interest in the 4:30AM game for something that won't ship until November.

• Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well we have been officially screwed by the Mint. We had these on enrollment and still have no order number, no notification and no coins. On my latest call to them, they said it's because our enrollment number was higher than the order limit and I should have lowered it before release... contradicting what another mint employee told me when I called before the release, which was "anyone enrolled for more than 3 will just get 3". Argh. Oh well, it's not like 3 was going to do me a lot of good anyway. I'll just wait until the aftermarket prices drop and score a few.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options

the correct information is there was once a max enrollment of 100.

all enrollments over 25 were later reduced to 25.

much later on, a HHL of 3 was introduced ... but not on subscriptions ... those stayed at 25. The HHL of 3 applied to first day of release orders.

this is the first I have heard of a subscription not generating an order.

I hate to bear the bad news, but those 1-800# don't have the power to fix what is another software bug. If you don't have an order in the orders page, then you are out.

• Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    the correct information is there was once a max enrollment of 100.

all enrollments over 25 were later reduced to 25.

much later on, a HHL of 3 was introduced ... but not on subscriptions ... those stayed at 25. The HHL of 3 applied to first day of release orders.

this is the first I have heard of a subscription not generating an order.

I hate to bear the bad news, but those 1-800# don't have the power to fix what is another software bug. If you don't have an order in the orders page, then you are out.

Yes I'm aware of how it's SUPPOSED to work... our enrollment was 25. That's why I didn't bother sitting at my computer on order day because I knew I'd get either 25 or 3 depending on the Mint's latest whim. Instead, I got 0.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options

yeah i sympathize. don't let me give you the impression I don't

for software bugs, I don't trust the e-mail given on this forum and I don't trust the 1-800#

I'm tellin ya... write Mint HQ, give your details, and if you have old sub orders generated from the S-mint sub, give them a few of those to bolster the "you screwed up this time" argument.

• Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 756 ✭✭✭

Hope we can empty the Cart before Monday.

• Options

No flip on the S but 21EAN was up for a solid 3 mins today. Picked up 99

• Options

99 of the type2W ? Why?

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    99 of the type2W ? Why?

Not really sure to be honest. 😂

• Options
    edited September 16, 2021 9:11PM

Good morning. I am not judging just curious. It does give you options 😉

Update. These are going into the limited edition sets. There goes another 50,000

• Options
    edited September 16, 2021 9:05PM

Saw this offer and said “sounds fair to me 😂”. Oh cool it’s a pre-order.

Wouldn’t want you selling something you might have in stock. Just getting used to buying hot air and promises from the mint.
    I am in no way slamming Rick or his company. I respect his books and research he has done. I have had several great purchases from him

• Options
    CXDCXD Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

+2 this AM

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭

was able to get a couple today -- my first time in a while that I scored something in the morning...

• Options

I hadn't noticed, but the first strike cut-off has come and gone

• Options
    Project NumismaticsProject Numismatics Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭✭✭

+1 today - was up for at least a couple of minutes.

• Options

@J2035 said:
    +1 today - was up for at least a couple of minutes.

and when does that happened 4:30 pst?

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭

An online Blogger I follow just sent out the following e-mail to his followers/flippers:

Please cancel any backordered Eagle S 21EMN mint coins from 8/12

A lot of you bought these coins from 2 months ago. It seems 90% of the coins have been delivered and so about 10% are unshipped and backordered. Please cancel these orders since my buyer is no longer taking them. It’s these coins to clarify – https://catalog.usmint.gov/american-eagle-2021-one-ounce-silver-proof-coin-21EMN.html

Just to clarify, no one expected the on sale to immediately go to BACKORDER status. Even so, back ordered coins usually ship earlier than expected. However it’s been 2 months and we still don’t know when the mint is going to ship these out. Plus, since 90% of the coins have shipped out already, it doesn’t make sense to keep orders for the remaining 10%. Usually coin buyers need the coins graded within 30 days to get a “first strike” designation and we are way past that date now. Also notice how the uncirculated coins have shipped before these coins shipped, so that also didn’t make any sense.

With all that said, the coins do still go for ~$130 on Ebay as of this post, so you can sell it there if you want. Pinehurst is also taking them at $90 per coin.

Reference: ---> https://milesperday.com/2021/10/please-cancel-any-backordered-eagle-s-21emn-mint-coins-from-8-12/

It appears that there may be a few coins becoming available (albeit backordered) over the next few days!

Enjoy!

BST references available on request

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2021 4:19PM

What a professional. A deal is a deal!

• Options
    numinumi Posts: 29 ✭✭

Processing. 1105xxxx.

numi

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list