Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The UNOFFICIAL 2021-S Proof Silver Eagle thread

Comments

• Options
    micotumicotu Posts: 58 ✭✭

@Flips said:
    This is all an exercise to weed out the bot accounts. Same thing with emails earlier this year. Orders of 99 are also targeted for random cancellation without an email.

Alright boys, time to switch to orders of 98 instead of 99.

• Options
    clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jskillz95 said:
    I went through live chat to resolve my issue

Tried that too, it says "live chat unavailable".

MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 8, 2021 10:19AM

Processing!!

Charge Card hit too!

BST references available on request

• Options
    coinercoiner Posts: 431 ✭✭✭

USM reps said many emails went out IN ERROR today. If your order is still processing, there is no issue

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coiner said:
    USM reps said many emails went out IN ERROR today. If your order is still processing, there is no issue

It's the same thing that happened earlier in the year. It will probably also happen with the long-delayed dollars.

• Options
    Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 378 ✭✭✭

@coiner said:

This is not true, unless, you are sure your card has no issue.

• Options
    PedzolaPedzola Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got email that my day 1 order of 3 (my only order) is unable to be fulfilled and please call.

I called this morning waited for 45 minutes on hold and gave up. Calling now ~1:45pm est and I cant even get through. Busy signals or call cannot be completed. Live chat unavailable. Email said order would be auto cancelled in 48 hours if I dont call. Guess I will keep trying.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's to the US Mint,

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jskillz95 said:
    I went through live chat to resolve my issue

yes, live chat. but you can wait a similar amount of time for it

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Pedzola said:
    Got email that my day 1 order of 3 (my only order) is unable to be fulfilled and please call.

I called this morning waited for 45 minutes on hold and gave up. Calling now ~1:45pm est and I cant even get through. Busy signals or call cannot be completed. Live chat unavailable. Email said order would be auto cancelled in 48 hours if I dont call. Guess I will keep trying.

Why didn't you use the call me back option rather than waiting on hold for 45 minutes?

• Options
    Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 378 ✭✭✭

@djm said:

@Pedzola said:

Why didn't you use the call me back option rather than waiting on hold for 45 minutes?

There is no call back anymore.

• Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭

@Samuel8 said:

@djm said:

@Pedzola said:

I got a call back within 2 hours. No problem.

BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

Just did a live chat. Went pretty much like I thought.
    01:39 PM Eric
    Your order is processing normally.

01:39 PM Eric
    I apologize for the misinformation.

01:39 PM Customer
    Ok great. Thank you for checking. I can disregard the email?

01:40 PM Eric
    Correct.

I can’t wait until the Morgans/Peace dollars ship. I’m pretty sure the mint reps hate this more than us customers. Same question asked all day long.

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

not sure but the Mint may be trying different things to see if they can bulk correct credit card issues on their end.
    If so, obviously it is not working. AS it is getting so close to shipping and no official word as to what will happen you can expect to get an email if there is a problem and be given a chance to correct it in the cases where the cc info did not post during the order process. Good luck to everyone when the Morgans start to ship

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 8, 2021 11:52AM

For what it’s worth, I had about 15 orders that were backordered go into processing after calling.

• Options
    FlipsFlips Posts: 83 ✭✭✭

CRAZY thought here...

IF this was truly an error then why not send a follow up email saying it was a mistake?

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 8, 2021 11:59AM

Live chat appears to be up at 2:57 EST. A window popped up asking if I needed help but links at bottom of page don’t work.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Live chat ,if your patient, comes and goes. I’ve watched it spend 5-10 minutes trying or 5- 2 minute try’s There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it but with a little effort(and stealth ) I usually get through. Try different time of day. Thanks 🙏

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

@Flips said:
    CRAZY thought here...

IF this was truly an error then why not send a follow up email saying it was a mistake?

They will.. eventually.. they did last time.

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Samuel8 said:

@djm said:

@Pedzola said:

I got a call back this morning. So it is still available

• Options
    edited October 8, 2021 12:44PM

That’s what I thought. Email took a while saying…sorry. What coin was that? (Old age strikes again)

• Options

@djm said:

@Samuel8 said:

@djm said:

@Pedzola said:

I got a call back this morning. So it is still available

I'm not even going to call. They charged my credit card. It'll probably ship in a day or two. If not, screw them. Lol

• Options
    FlipsFlips Posts: 83 ✭✭✭

This is interesting...

I had an order of S eagles and had no payment method listed which several of us have had on different products. Called the mint since the email came out and mentioned the issue. The phone rep said her manager will reprocess the order and sure enough now it has a payment method listed.

Good job US Mint!

• Options
    jigrijigri Posts: 24
    edited October 8, 2021 1:17PM

One specific thing I noticed about the orders that got the "call us or cancelled" email: they have the full amount showing in the order total. Other similar orders have moved to 'Processing', but still show 0 in the order total. Maybe that means actual coin allocations change the order total, which triggers the erroneous emails for some reason, although the HHL change yesterday could result in actual cancellations this time.

I did use the 'call back' feature today. It seems as random as other Mint processes as to whether that is available or not on any given call.

About the 3 S proof orders I got the email on, the rep that called me back told me:
    1. First order number was cancelled 4 days ago. When I said it showed as processing in my order status and that I just got the email today, she said she made a mistake and that it was processing fine.
    2. Second order number, she said that there was an issue with the household limit being 3 on the S proof, so that one was held up. I let her know there was no HHL when this order was placed, and that they just reinstated the HHL yesterday. This predictably devolved into her stating that an email confirmation of the order didnt count as a real confirmation, only a shipping notice and HHL on processing date counted. And that there was no way for her or the system to confirm that there was no HHL on order date.
    3. I never got to asking about order 3. I just asked whether there were any flags on order 2, and she said no, the status was the same as order 1 ("pending").

As others have said, its probably an error with no resulting cancellation, and if not, whatever. As always in my brief time here, the Mint reps know nothing, and will make up whatever to cover that.

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 8, 2021 2:49PM

^^^^^^ ^^^^^^ ^^^^^^ ^^^^^^ ^^^^^^

THIS is a prime example of the effectiveness and efficiency of a government agency at work!

No wonder why world-class scholars compare current events in the USA to those of the Roman empire??

Edit: This post is not written as an attack or political in nature. Just my opinion and reaction on what I read on here and others interactions in troubleshooting orders with the Mint. Nothing in this post is said to be good or bad - how you take my post is a reaction to your own thoughts.

BST references available on request

• Options
    jigrijigri Posts: 24
    edited October 8, 2021 2:34PM

@HoneyMarket said:
    ^^^^^^ ^^^^^^ ^^^^^^ ^^^^^^ ^^^^^^

THIS is a prime example of the effectiveness and efficiency of a government agency at work!

No wonder why world-class scholars compare current events in the USA to those of the Roman empire??

This is getting OT, but... Not making a political statement here, for obvious reasons, but my own experience since the pandemic has been a broad based decline in service standards across US private and public sectors. Customer service reps not knowing much about their products and processes has been a problem with the large majority of companies and agencies, with a few positive exceptions prior to the pandemic which have mostly also fallen down since then. Some government agencies like the Mint were always noticeably worse, but some used to be actually quite decent like the State Dept and even USPS.

Then again, the pandemic has shown very few countries' societal response in a positive light, and the differences between high and low performers are quite enlightening.

• Options
    coinercoiner Posts: 431 ✭✭✭

apparently USN reps said many emails went out IN ERROR today. If your order is still processing, there is no issue> @Samuel8 said:

@coiner said:

This is not true, unless, you are sure your card has no issue.

It is very true. Cards had no issue. It was an erroneous message - if youre order is PROCESSING you are still good - that said - as long as your card hasnt expired, youre MAXED out, etc.
    The have had this issue when pinging cards twice after the first authorization has expired. This happened before a month or so ago. Same issue. Same result. You'll get your coins.

• Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 756 ✭✭✭

I wondered today if this was sign for me to just cancel my orders... too much friction with this issue.

• Options

Well me and the cats are gunna hit the hay. Coffee club bright and early. Maybe snag a second one. Good night 💤

• Options

Dum-dum-dum. Going fishing for ase’s. Harness the kitties. Coffee Gettin an early start Dum-dum. Ok giddy up

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,921 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing available today on the Mint website.

• Options

I didn't see anything this morning. Anyone else?

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Zilch

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

Just put the cats to pasture. Nothing today. I didn’t see any of the “hot”issues, light up. Checked the top 5 items. Sunday mornings can be good. First day of the week or something. Tomorrow morning it is 🤠

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭

If they became available the only two I would buy are the 2021 with CC and the Peace.

• Options
    edited October 9, 2021 5:19AM

Earlier this year I was thinking about getting the whole set. Something came up and I was only able to get the CC and the peace dollar. At the time I felt kinda bad. After all this waiting , I am really glad it worked out this way Still gunna be fun to watch 🤠

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got 3 on 8/12 and then ordered 1 more on 8/20. Then they changed the HHL. Then they sent me "unable to fulfill" cancellation email, give us a call. I'm not calling, last time spent hours on hold, only to have them say, "Oooops." later on.
    If this is a sign of things to come, it's going to be crazy getting our Morgans and Peace Dollars.

• Options

Going fishing in the morning. Dum dum dum Looking to snag an ase. Kitties and I say good night. Sunday has been good in the past. 💤

• Options

Let’s giddy up. Snaggin for ase’s

• Options

Nuttin here. The burnished is up and the limited edition set

• Options

We are headed in early. Give it a try in the morning 🤠🙀

• Options
    edited October 11, 2021 4:35AM

Nothing. My lead cat threw a shoe on the ride back. Burnished is up

• Options
    edited October 11, 2021 5:04AM

Got them in the cart.....would not go through with one, two, or three.

edited to add: Put this in wrong thread, I put uncs in cart.

• Options

They put the HHL of 3 back on. You haven’t got any yet. Correct?

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    They put the HHL of 3 back on. You haven’t got any yet. Correct?

No

• Options

Gunna give it a go, in the morning.

• Options

Nope

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got to give you credit.....

• Options

Sad commentary on my life😂🤠🙀

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

inquiring collectors want to know If and when the remaining Peace & Morgan Dollars will "Turn on the Red Box"

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file