Home U.S. Coin Forum

The UNOFFICIAL 2021-S Proof Silver Eagle thread

Comments

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m working on it!🤠🙀

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭

With all the orders that everybody had move from backordered to processing last week has anybody had anything ship? Mainly interested in the S Proof orders. I am starting to get the feeling this was just another glitch and we are not going to see anything ship anytime soon.

One thing for sure. This is getting very messy. I honestly can’t imagine what it’s going to be like for the next couple weeks

• HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone taking charge, cleaning up the outstanding issues and getting ready for the "Big One"
    There is a new sheriff in town. Things might go more smoothly than we are all expecting.
    Remember that box of chocolates thing. :#o:)

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • FlipsFlips Posts: 83 ✭✭✭

No movement here. Also have an order of type 2 Ws that flipped to processing on the same day and nothing as well. Would be nice to see some progress!

• jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

Limited edition silver proof sets are shipping out erratically.

Nope

• coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

mine has shipped also USM1102

edited October 16, 2021 12:18PM

Were these late orders? Mine shipped and received a while back. I ordered on first day
    It’s really crazy how the mint is doing things 😉
    I’ve been getting up every day to try and snag a second one but no luck. As a matter of fact most of the hot issues have come up for a few minutes but not these. I am hoping that Sunday morning will be good

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,635 ✭✭✭✭✭

I ordered on the first day and just got mine back from a long vacation at the TPG.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

Order Summary
    Order Placed: 08/12/21
    Order Status: SHIPPED
    Order Number: USM11145XXX

• HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Were these late orders? Mine shipped and received a while back. I ordered on first day

For this particular release: ----> 21EMN - American Eagle 2021 One Ounce Silver Proof Coin - SAN FRANCISCO (S), I ordered at 12:03 EDT on order day (Aug 12th). I just did the free shipping option.

My order been on backorder since Day 1 and I only rcvd a notification that it had shipped yesterday (of course, "Shipped from the Mint" does not really mean "Shipped")

Since I seem to often post in the wrong thread(s) :o Am I in the right place?? :*

BST references available on request

Yes your just fine. Thanks for responding. I seem to have built myself a little job checking in the morning and trying to post it when it comes up. Really strange or maybe not 😉🙀

@Jzyskowski1 said:

I was just reading back in the thread from Aug 12th (order day).

I believe you enrolled in this release...probably why you already received it???

Dang I forgot. Ya ya it’s the first time I ever did that. I remember things started out backorder,no?

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Dang I forgot. Ya ya it’s the first time I ever did that. I remember things started out backorder,no?

Oh yeah! Things did quickly switch to backorder that day (there was more than a few discussions about the difference between backordered and processing, etc...).

Anywho...Hope everyone else who was waiting on these gets an update like I did!

And I hope I get another one tomorrow morning. I sure hope that the Morgan and peace drop this week
    The forum is going to be busy!🤠🙀

Order Summary

I received a cancellation email on this a week or so ago. Never called USMint.

@meluaufeet said:
    Order Summary

What the heck is going on with the mint. Do you think they over sold this product. It’s in the limited edition set. I’ll be dog gone. Showing shipped and canceled. That’s certainly not a good look for them 🙀

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@meluaufeet said:
    Order Summary

What the heck is going on with the mint. Do you think they over sold this product. It’s in the limited edition set. I’ll be dog gone. Showing shipped and canceled. That’s certainly not a good look for them 🙀

I got that cancellation email too, but it still says processing. I've never seen such a mintmess. Some ship, some process, some backorder, some cancel, no rhyme or reason...it's like a shipping lottery.

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:
    [Why was the focus on the W (350,000 mintage) rather than the Type 2 S (200,000 mintage)?]

Good Qwarshton - but who cares if you have them both?

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

edited October 16, 2021 7:38PM

Type 2 S is 200,000 but don’t forget the 50,000 extra that went to the limited edition set I think it’s 250,000 total. The type 1 has 300,000+. And another 50,000 off to LES 350,000+. Anyway time to call it a night and try and get another one tomorrow morning

Not this morning. Burnished and reverse proof 2 coin are available

• I ordered on the first day of release, 8/12. Received an email yesterday that they had shipped, yes, label created. My question is when I receive them in a week or two can I open the box to check and make sure everything is good or do I have to ship the box unopened to PCGS in order to be eligible for the first strike label?

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

these are 1 month past the first strike window

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • @MsMorrisine said:

Yes, I understand it is beyond the window. Will PCGS accept the sealed unopened US Mint shipping box with the invoice inside displaying the order date? Proof it was purchased within the time frame required for the FirstStrike designation.

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

@larry_ellison said:
    I ordered on the first day of release, 8/12. Received an email yesterday that they had shipped, yes, label created. My question is when I receive them in a week or two can I open the box to check and make sure everything is good or do I have to ship the box unopened to PCGS in order to be eligible for the first strike label?

This coin is no longer eligible for 'first strike'; the cutoff date was 09.15.21.

Source

To be eligible for 'first strike', you have to:
    ~ submit the raw coin prior to the cutoff date;
    ~ or, submit a sealed Mint box with a 'postmark/packing slip' date prior to the cutoff date.

Neither is possible in this case.

• Guess I'll just by an after market graded one and set these aside then.

edited October 17, 2021 8:52AM

Hey Larry. Welcome aboard.

One would think these would be more expensive than the type 1W but prices on eBay are saying otherwise. I am looking for a graded example for my ase S set. I’m gunna try and strike during the release of the Morgan’s and peace dollars. Or wait until later after the first of the year

edited October 17, 2021 9:15AM

@larry_ellison said:

@MsMorrisine said:

Yes, I understand it is beyond the window. Will PCGS accept the sealed unopened US Mint shipping box with the invoice inside displaying the order date? Proof it was purchased within the time frame required for the FirstStrike designation.

Sorry.

It is not based on 'order/purchase' date; it is based on the 'postmark/packing slip' date.

Source

Welcome to the forum. :)

Edited.

• fox9487fox9487 Posts: 296 ✭✭✭

@MetroD said:

@larry_ellison said:

@MsMorrisine said:

Sorry.

It is not based on 'order/purchase' date; it is based on the delivery date.

Source

Sorry.

This is incorrect. It is based on "shipped" date.

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • @MetroD said:

@larry_ellison said:

@MsMorrisine said:

Sorry.

It is not based on 'order/purchase' date; it is based on the delivery date.

Source

I understand. My fate was held in the hands of the US Mint. On the First Strike page it does go on to say "In rare cases, coins issued more than 30 days before submission can receive First Strike designation." I'll touch base with PCGS and find out if any of us that received our product would be considered a "rare case". It never hurts to ask. The worst is they will say not at which I'll open the box and submit for the blue label with gold shield.

edited October 17, 2021 9:26AM

@fox9487 said:

Sorry.

In my defense, the image I posted was from the PCGS 'first strike' webpage.
    It says "delivered", not shipped.

That said, I agree with your point. If PCGS bases eligibility on a 'postmark/packing slip' date, it is when it ships.

Thanks for the clarification. :)

• @MetroD said:

@fox9487 said:

Sorry.

That said, I agree with your point. If PCGS bases eligibility on a 'postmark/packing slip' date, it is when it ships.

@MetroD said:

@fox9487 said:

Sorry.

Thank you all for your comments on this. I felt pretty confident it would be from date shipped since the date they were first available to me was the date it was shipped. Aug 12th was the date they were available to be ordered. I'll post back on the outcome. One other item of interest. The FirstStrike program began in 2004 if I'm not mistaken. I've seen 2002 Eagles on eBay with the FirstStrike label. That, in my opinion, is very interesting.

Has anyone else heard of buyers rescinding their original offer to purchase Type 2 "S" coins due to no longer appearing to be eligible for "First Strike" labeling?

Further, did any of the other coins, that have yet to ship from the Mint for those who bought on the sale day, also have enrollments that have already started shipping and are also no longer eligible for "First Strike" labeling?

Specifically, I'm interested if enrollment shipping has possibly affected "First Strike" labeling for the following coins:

• 2021 Morgan Silver Dollar with S Mint Mark (21XF)
    • 2021 Morgan Silver Dollar with D Mint Mark (21XG)
    • 2021 Morgan Silver Dollar with CC Privy Mark (21XC)
    • 2021 Morgan Silver Dollar with O Privy Mark (21XD)
    • 2021 Morgan Silver Dollar Philadelphia (P) (21XE)
    • 2021 Peace Silver Dollar Philadelphia (P) (21XH)

edited October 17, 2021 5:28PM

@HoneyMarket

The 2021 Morgan & Peace Silver Dollars are not part of the enrollments program. Reference

PCGS has not yet added these coins to the FS schedule. Reference
    They will likely add them once they start to ship.

Edited.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tv mike will probably help set the first strike and FDOI dates

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

@MetroD said:
    @HoneyMarket

The 2021 Morgan & Peace Silver Dollars are not part of the enrollments program. Reference

PCGS has not yet added these coins to the FS schedule. Reference
    They will likely add them once they start to ship.

Edited.

@MetroD
    Thank-you so much for pointing me in the right direction!

• WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

My first day order 8/12 has changed and shipping choice has been made so should receive shipping email today😎

• fox9487fox9487 Posts: 296 ✭✭✭

My 9/21 order and six 9/25 orders went to processing.

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP

Nothing anywhere. The limited edition set came up for a second. Here comes the Morgan’s and peace dollars

• FlipsFlips Posts: 83 ✭✭✭

Order placed on 8/22 now has shipping method updated.

• WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

Received shipping email😎

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    Received shipping email😎

Me too.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldbully said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    Received shipping email😎

Me too.

Me, too. But I actually received like 60 of these already but none of the HHL of 3 originals from Day 1.

edited October 18, 2021 3:26PM

All 5 orders shipped. 4 received cancel emails.

edited October 18, 2021 1:35PM

@jmlanzaf said:

@Goldbully said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    Received shipping email😎

Me too.

Me, too. But I actually received like 60 of these already but none of the HHL of 3 originals from Day 1.

The ones that you received already...was that under enrollments?

• SeatedTonersSeatedToners Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

i received my box of 3 last week just waiting on the morgans and peace now

So. The Morgan’s are processing 😈. Well then, me and the kitties will be up early to attempt the snag. Stranger things are happening at the mint. Good night 🤔🙀💤

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file