Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The UNOFFICIAL 2021-S Proof Silver Eagle thread

Comments

• Options

Trust me, just because I am a 'newbie' doesn't mean I don't understand how the Mint works...trust me I've got it. I just don't have a lot of patience for people/businesses that don't or cant deliver what they advertise. I am in no hurry though.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

the last time the mint created my label, it took 3 days before it started moving

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,407 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinpalice said:
    the last time the mint created my label, it took 3 days before it started moving

Not unusual. I had one that took over a week, almost 2 if I recall correctly.

• Options

yeah, i know, trying to set a time line for the new people

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder if the free shipping is going to bite me

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

no, but the people who have no cc info on thier orders might bite them

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here we go.

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

Anyone whose order got shipped can share the first few digits of order#? both of my orders are backorder.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

the mint has moved to some type of non-sequential order numbering system.

mine that were finally given a tracking number today was a subscription order.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,407 ✭✭✭✭✭

@o0o said:
    Anyone whose order got shipped can share the first few digits of order#? both of my orders are backorder.

My higher order number coins shipped first.

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

@o0o said:

Does not matter you will get them when you get them.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options

@HATTRICK said:

@coinpalice said:
    no, but the people who have no cc info on thier orders might bite them

not to worry, it is a new promotion by the mint. Anyone with no cc info on their order will get their coins for free :p

Actually the mint thinks they are flippers who want the coins shipped to them first before they get paid. :p

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options

mine have shipping label printed but not live in the tracking system yet.

• Options
    edited August 18, 2021 1:13PM

@o0o said:

Only the firstest of orders shipped because they were buy it now kinda purchases. 3-5 minutes in it flipped to backorder which means:
    “You’ll get it when you get it. “Mine was a subscription so maybe different. I got notifications the night before confirming info and such. This situation is new to all of us kinda too much going on at the mint. Hopefully you can follow along as the reports of movement start coming in🤓
    I too am kinda new so I read the heck out of these posts

• Options

do they email you when it ships?

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

@mintymint said:

Yes. You will also get a tracking number.

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options

they will create a shipping label and say it's shipped, it doesn't actually start moving for at least 2 or 3 days after that

• Options

@CoinMeister said:

@mintymint said:

Yes. You will also get a tracking number.

all mine on backorder. :(

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 19, 2021 3:55AM

@originalsandman said:
    Trust me, just because I am a 'newbie' doesn't mean I don't understand how the Mint works...trust me I've got it. I just don't have a lot of patience for people/businesses that don't or cant deliver what they advertise. I am in no hurry though.

pretty safe to assume that anyone going into the mint wormhole for a purchase understands that with hot items there are more buyers than there are items. Not getting the limited issue items only means the coin gods were not with you today. What is important (and fair) is that all players on game day are on a level field. It does not mean the mint can't deliver what they sell, they usually do.

The things I don’t always agree with are always worth considering.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 19, 2021 3:57AM

@mintymint said:

And a copy of this printed email that shows items purchased, tracking and order number can be compared to the mint sealed box shipping label to prove the contents. Comes in handy when reselling sealed box.

The things I don’t always agree with are always worth considering.

• Options

Looked this morning backorder popped up but pressing it did no good. It’s ok ase S

• Options
    tahbb143tahbb143 Posts: 91 ✭✭✭

Mine should arrive on Monday.

Excited to see 'proof' of life photos for those lucky enough to receive them today.

• Options

Mine is showing Monday delivery too. Let’s hope so you and I and any others can have a friendly race to post pictures. Enjoy 🤓🙀

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Mine is showing Monday delivery too. Let’s hope so you and I and any others can have a friendly race to post pictures. Enjoy 🤓🙀

Mine still says check back tomorrow for updated delivery date....maybe it will come together in Oct with all the other coins! :D

• Options

I am still in processing but my shipment method has been changed to USPS

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

Just got the email…shipped

• Options
    unspendableunspendable Posts: 127 ✭✭✭

I got two in the mail yesterday but haven't opened the yet

• Options

@unspendable said:

@unspendable said:

You could win the friendly competition with the first pictures posted. No prize bragging rights 🥸

• Options
    vulcanizevulcanize Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 19, 2021 6:37PM

@jmlanzaf said:

@coinpalice said:

Not unusual. I had one that took over a week, almost 2 if I recall correctly.

My most recent order of the set of two 1/10 ounce AGE on August 5th seemed to take forever to get dispatched and USPS Memphis Distribution center finally recd. the package on 11th.

:s

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

Woo Hoo!~ Picked one up this morning!!!! Friday the 20th~ :)

• Options

I picked up another S this morning. Went straight through …weird

• Options
    spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭

I've had 3 in the bag since day one. It looks like they went through this morning.

• Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 756 ✭✭✭

3 S

Order Placed: Aug 20, 2021
    Order Number: USM1135XXXX

• Options
    CXDCXD Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

picked up two more - just messing around at 7:30, seemed smoother than normal :|

• Options
    OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭

I got one this morning also. Card charged but nothing in order history. Never got email from mint.

• Options
    LMMLMM Posts: 92 ✭✭

I got the dreaded browser check

• Options
    Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

@LMM said:

That seems like that’s been happening to me every morning at 6:30. By the time it’s done the goods are gone.

• Options
    fox9487fox9487 Posts: 284 ✭✭✭

@spotthedog said:
    I've had 3 in the bag since day one. It looks like they went through this morning.

Same. Just received confirmation email.

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • Options

Just got confirmation email

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

@Dirt94 said:

@LMM said:

That seems like that’s been happening to me every morning at 6:30. By the time it’s done the goods are gone.

Same here. A bit frustrating.

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since there is actually no mintage limit for these, I don't feel like getting up at 4:30 to play the game. They have sold over 199,000 of the 200,000 in this product version, and more will be available again in some new packaging.

Glad you are getting these, but I wonder how many will actually keep them, or is almost all this demand to flip? Don't all the buyers know by now they can also attempt to get these at the Mint again for less than eBay?

• Options

Is anyone else still on backorder when you check the mint website? I placed my order at 12:02 on the day of release (8/12), and am starting to grow anxious. Has anyone received any notification of being taken off back order?

• Options
    OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭

@DeepValueCoins said:
    Is anyone else still on backorder when you check the mint website? I placed my order at 12:02 on the day of release (8/12), and am starting to grow anxious. Has anyone received any notification of being taken off back order?

The 2021 S Proof coins that sold this morning were showing as backordered. They may be showing as being processing in order history now but I am guessing they will show as backordered in the next day or so. I wouldn't worry about it too much. There isn't much you can do about it anyway. I have items that have been processing for 3 weeks now.

• Options

Yep. Back ordered.

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:
    Yep. Back ordered.

Same here. (The processing order is the Coast Guard medal)

• Options

Thanks Guys- here's mine. Been seeing some people get their shipping notifications but I guess those were just people with enrollments and didn't order day of.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

My first order of S's have shipped, today's S is backordered.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file