Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The UNOFFICIAL 2021-S Proof Silver Eagle thread

Comments

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

[Why would it be any easier? You have the same number of people trying to cram through the same number of orders at the same time.]

The wife had better sharpen her talons up good for this one!!!

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

order history is already up, my order is showing processing

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

All my posts are strictly opinions. Embrace or dismiss them as you see fit.

You should put this ^^^^^^ in your signature line! Maybe less would argue with you at that point! :-)

BST references available on request

• Options

Except that the members of this forum aren't "flipping" anything near the entire mintage of any single issue.

Plus, we're not exactly the new kids on this block...so good for us!

• Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

Odd....while checking order history, seeing todays or> @coinpalice said:

order history is already up, my order is showing processing

Ditto, just checked, and I'm processing, too

I'll come up with something.
  • Options
    Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@RMLTM79 said:

@JimTyler said:

@JBK said:
    Got one in the cart and made it through order screen quickly but got 2 "page not found" errors. Third time worked.

200,000 product limit, so how many other products will there be?

Don’t miss the reverse proof 2 coin set on the 24th. Probably will make today look easy.

Well those are 1 per household so it actually might be a little easier, at least I hope.

Why would it be any easier? You have the same number of people trying to cram through the same number of orders at the same time.

HHL of 1 means that 1/3 of the coins are going out on every order though compared to these. So while it may be the same number of people going for the same number of coins they should be available longer (unless the site actually works like it’s supposed to). I understand your reasoning that the site itself will not work any better though.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got the one I wanted. It took a number of retries and I probably got it about 10 minutes after. More of a challenge this session. Next session will be even more of a challenge. The bottleneck will narrow.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    TheRavenTheRaven Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@RMLTM79 said:

@JimTyler said:

@JBK said:
    Got one in the cart and made it through order screen quickly but got 2 "page not found" errors. Third time worked.

Don’t miss the reverse proof 2 coin set on the 24th. Probably will make today look easy.

Well those are 1 per household so it actually might be a little easier, at least I hope.

Why would it be any easier? You have the same number of people trying to cram through the same number of orders at the same time.

200000 coins minus subscription sales, 3 per person vs 125,000 sets with a limit of 1. sets could be easier.

Collection under construction: VG Barber Quarters & Halves
  • Options

Quick question...was the 2-coin set available in advance via subscription?

If so, how many?

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    Raufus...just for Mint orders...but for nothing else...I would try to turn off any security programs you might be running.

And then after ordering, turn them back on.

I suspect something on your system is triggering an additional security check EVERY TIME.

PS...in system SETTINGS, I would also clean out my system cache and cookies.

Thank u!!! I'm not a tech person. Really appreciate it. For any of you Tech people how does it make sense that when you get that challenge and you do the challenge and then get the check indicating you passed it it pops right backup it just makes no sense to me.

I will try as you advise thank you so much.

I sure hope I don't get some kind of virus in those 20 minutes but maybe that's the ticket

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

@kimber45ACP said:
    Had it in my cart. I could have pulled the trigger, but I have the P Morgan sitting in there and chose not to remove it, so I might be able to get it tomorrow. I have the W ASE, so I'm good with that.

I cleared the Morgan out of my cart just before noon.

Have they been offering these in the mornings? I wasn't even trying I didn't think they were.

• Options
    SeatedTonersSeatedToners Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

@taxmad said:

@Goldminers said:
    I think a LOT of these sold in enrollments for the actual sale to end so fast.

Buddy has 3 accounts and had entered 99 on each. A few days ago all 3 kicked down to 25. So 75 gone right there and I doubt he is an outlier...

Enrollments can get 25 of them even with the HH limit of 3??

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do the enrollments also cover the new T1/T2 reverse proof set, too?

If some people can have 3 or 4 different Mint accounts and enrollments allow 25 coins, clearly some people got 25-100 or maybe even more of these ahead of time. Combined with advance orders and early allocation to dealers, there were not many left.

Why in the world would enrollments allow 25 coins in the first place, if household limits are set at 3?

Clearly this is something to add into the Mint Director letter, which is more than one page long already but will never get read in the first place.

I tried to enroll in the program for the past several weeks to try to get 2 or 3 coins to grade for my set, but it never seems to be open for new enrollments when I look, due to a 30-day rule or something.

• Options

@kimber45ACP said:
    Had it in my cart. I could have pulled the trigger, but I have the P Morgan sitting in there and chose not to remove it, so I might be able to get it tomorrow. I have the W ASE, so I'm good with that.

Have they been offering these in the mornings? I wasn't even trying I didn't think they were.

• Options

Raufus...I would also shutdown and reboot my machine this weekend...and take any system updates...so that you're all fresh.

If you haven't turned off your computer in a while, it tends to accumulate "junk"

And re viruses...don't open up any other windows other than the Mint site...and you should be good to go.

Re the Morgans...I too had 3 Morgans and 3 Peace still sitting in my bag...although my order processed on Tuesday...just another new Mint system glitch.

And they were available for a fraction of a second for the first time this morning.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

How many minutes did it take for them to go on Back order?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    DimeDorkDimeDork Posts: 33 ✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    Quick question...was the 2-coin set available in advance via subscription?

If so, how many?

I don't see it.

• Options

I sure wish the release dates were know way further in advance.

Most days I can't rearrange my schedule to be available.

• Options

Man will the buyers clubs be all over the set on the 24th!

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Checked my bank account…looks like one of the times I got bumped out of the system it went through so I got two today and one yesterday with enrollment. Wish i would have just left the enrollment alone but by the time I remembered I only had it at one…too late to change

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:

I think around 6 minutes. I wasn't buying, but was refreshing the screen.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got Page Could Not Be Found a bunch of times before order finally went through for 3.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

@kimber45ACP said:

I saw micro blip this morning when trying to get one. clicked to my final page and it was not available.

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:
    I sure wish the release dates were know way further in advance.

Most days I can't rearrange my schedule to be available.

As far as I know, this is as good as it gets.

• Options

the us mint schedule is fluid in the year.

they may have guesses for an item, but even the guesses can be rescheduled during the year

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:

• Options
    TyrockTyrock Posts: 290 ✭✭✭

Apparently the mint's website is not able to handle the high volume on particular offerings even with the recent changes to their ordering system. And it seems that the funds are not available to actually ramp up the mint's website to the point where they would be. I doubt that the mint will ever have those funds as I don't see Congress seeing that as a priority.

• Options

@Goldminers said:
    Clearly this is something to add into the Mint Director letter, which is more than one page long already but will never get read in the first place.

But...you do have the satisfaction...that you'll make some Intern's Day miserable after they're forced to read it!! LOL

• Options
    youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

@JBK said:

Proof mint set this year? Maybe in a 2022 set containing 2021S and 2022. Congrats to those who were successful

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:

I believed the BackOrder indication popped up about 12:06-08 or so...
    After I got my order in, I was trying to help someone else with their order and noted the "Backorder" indication.

They were never able to complete their order...and as some said, by 12:10...everything went "Unavailable"

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just got confirmation email

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

@Mgarmy said:
    Just got confirmation email

Same here...

• Options
    TheRavenTheRaven Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭✭

3 minutes was backorder. 11 or 12 it was gone.

Collection under construction: VG Barber Quarters & Halves
  • Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    the us mint schedule is fluid in the year.

they may have guesses for an item, but even the guesses can be rescheduled during the year

Speaking of guesses looks like you, me a couple others correctly said 10 minute unavailable 🤓. Congratulations 🎉

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

@Mgarmy said:
    Did you see they are charging 60 bucks for the fedex mailer😄. WTH

I actually emailed Pinehurst about that not making much financial sense to the person buying the coins for them…..

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭✭✭

Received notice that my two Advance preorders have already shipped. Got the third online today but was not easy as some have indicated.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 15,041 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got confirmation email as well.

• Options
    micotumicotu Posts: 58 ✭✭

So wait? Some of these were available for sale, but about 6 minutes in it switched to backorder with an October ship date?

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2021 12:11PM

Yes. Here’s the current page
    Just drives you crazy 😜

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

@Tyrock said:
    Apparently the mint's website is not able to handle the high volume on particular offerings even with the recent changes to their ordering system. And it seems that the funds are not available to actually ramp up the mint's website to the point where they would be. I doubt that the mint will ever have those funds as I don't see Congress seeing that as a priority.

The mint is profitable and can afford IT fixes.

In fact they have tried several times to update the systems and are still plagued to some extent.

Things have improved recently

• Options
    edited August 12, 2021 1:23PM

Just as an aside, I needed to clean more Morgans out of my bag today (that I never put in there)...or else no Eagles for me.

It's almost like the Mint's ordering system is somehow "remembering" what was most recently purchased/in the bag?

• Options
    DimeDorkDimeDork Posts: 33 ✭✭✭

:#

My 12:07 PM EST order got a confirmation email, but Backordered on "Order History"

• Options

I have the Peace + Morgan combo order I placed Tuesday .... it shows "Processing"

call in to the automated system?

"working" to "fulfill" order.... "will ship today"

I can't wait to see that tracking number tonight!

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got the 3 today at 12:08pm est. Got kicked out like many others at least a dozen times.

Acknowledgement email.....no confirmation email as of yet.

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

Multiple "Page Can't Be Found" error messages.
    Was able to place order for one at 11:09
    USM112915XX
    Have not, as of this post, received any email from USM, Acknowledgment, or Conformation...

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,746 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TheRaven said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@RMLTM79 said:

@JimTyler said:

@JBK said:

200000 coins minus subscription sales, 3 per person vs 125,000 sets with a limit of 1. sets could be easier.

Irrelevant. It's still the same 300,000 people cramming orders through. You may have a better chance of winning, but it won't be easier.

I should also add that I've doubled the number of accounts I have buying for me because of the lower HHL. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,746 ✭✭✭✭✭

@micotu said:
    So wait? Some of these were available for sale, but about 6 minutes in it switched to backorder with an October ship date?

No, it was pre-order the whole time

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file