Home U.S. Coin Forum

The UNOFFICIAL 2021-S Proof Silver Eagle thread

Comments

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    Why was the focus on the W (350,000 mintage) rather than the Type 2 S (200,000 mintage)?

There is an order limit of 3, a product limit of 200,000, but the mintage limit states: NONE, so I expect some 100,000 other "products" with this one.

Mintage rarity is fleeting when the rules can change.

Maybe but they are having trouble with producing what they advertised. They have really tied themselves in knots this time 😈

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,488 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@Goldminers said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    Why was the focus on the W (350,000 mintage) rather than the Type 2 S (200,000 mintage)?

There is an order limit of 3, a product limit of 200,000, but the mintage limit states: NONE, so I expect some 100,000 other "products" with this one.

Maybe but they are having trouble with producing what they advertised. They have really tied themselves in knots this time 😈

We still don't know what's in the Limited Edition silver proof set.

• GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@Goldminers said:

@jmlanzaf said:

We still don't know what's in the Limited Edition silver proof set.

I bet it will be "limited" to another 100,000 or so. LOL

PS. Please make this thread Official, I keep looking for an official one, but I think this is really it ;)

• PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@PipestonePete said:
    I just received this email for my ASE order of 7/29. My order history shows it as "PROCESSING".

Did you use PayPal as payment? Maybe they tried to ship yesterday while the PayPal payment option was disabled from all accounts.

Did you call them yet to find out the issue? Please report back.

I am curious 🤔

Credit card payment. I called this morning and waited "on hold" for 30 minutes to no avail. I will have to try again this afternoon.
    One thing I should mention is that my issue is with the "W" ASE...not the "S".

• JBKJBK Posts: 15,331 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PipestonePete said:
    I just received this email for my ASE order of 7/29. My order history shows it as "PROCESSING".

There is another thread on this issue.

It can be fixed but you need to call.

It is because the coin went on unavailable/hold after you ordered, but then became available again. They need to reprocess the order and cc charge.

• WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PipestonePete said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@PipestonePete said:

Did you use PayPal as payment? Maybe they tried to ship yesterday while the PayPal payment option was disabled from all accounts.

I am curious 🤔

Credit card payment. I called this morning and waited "on hold" for 30 minutes to no avail. I will have to try again this afternoon.

Thank you for your feedback. It seems many of our members received the same email from the Mint this morning. There is a new Discussion dedicated to this subject😎

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,488 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:

@PipestonePete said:

There is another thread on this issue.

It can be fixed but you need to call.

It is because the coin went on unavailable/hold after you ordered, but then became available again. They need to reprocess the order and cc charge.

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@PipestonePete said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@PipestonePete said:

I am curious 🤔

Thank you for your feedback. It seems many of our members received the same email from the Mint this morning. There is a new Discussion dedicated to this subject😎

It's a hold on the item that just requires that you call and verify that you still want it. A nuisance but no big deal.

@PipestonePete said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@PipestonePete said:

I am curious 🤔

"A nuisance" is a major understatement. As I stated before....I was on hold for 30 minutes this morning and had to give up my place in line due to a little thing CALLED LIFE!! I am currently trying to get through again and am presently at the 36 minute mark. Good Lord, their canned music is enough to drive a person insane. Their business model is absolutely insane...from start to finish.

• santinidollarsantinidollar Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m enrolled for one S mint proof. I’m going to make a stab at getting one of the reverse proof sets, then, other than for an annual business strike for my album, I will be getting out of the silver eagle business.

@santinidollar said:
    I’m enrolled for one S mint proof. I’m going to make a stab at getting one of the reverse proof sets, then, other than for an annual business strike for my album, I will be getting out of the silver eagle business.

Yes sir exactly my plan 🤓
    So glad I’m not a fan of the cropped eagle with the gimpy wing and cockeyed reverse lettering. Wow sorry didn’t know how much I didn’t like the new reverse. I will withhold final judgement until I see the reverse proof 🙀

• RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PipestonePete said:

I received the same message. What the????? I ordered with my usual CC that I use at the Mint. The order still says processing in my account. Of course, totally impossible to reach anyone by phone. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

I received the same message. What the????? I ordered with my usual CC that I use at the Mint. The order still says processing in my account. Of course, totally impossible to reach anyone by phone. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the thread on this issue:

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1061644/us-mint-unable-to-fill-order-age-ase-what-s-going-on-answer-on-first-comment

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

@Raufus said:

@PipestonePete said:

I'm at currently at 2 1/2 hours in on the waiting line.

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PipestonePete said:
    I'm at currently at 2 1/2 hours in on the waiting line.

WOW!!!

I truly hope that you are successful in resolving the issue !!!! :)

10 minutes shy of 3 hours right now. Disgraceful.

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where is the Sad emoji?

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • rip_frip_f Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭

@PipestonePete said:
    10 minutes shy of 3 hours right now. Disgraceful.

I'll let you know when you're down to 15 min left. I'm that far ahead of you.
    Sure wish they'd change the recording....

I'll definitely be watching for that post....if that fricking music doesn't drive me insane first!!!

@MilesWaits said:
    Where is the Sad emoji?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

@MsMorrisine said:

@MilesWaits said:
    Where is the Sad emoji?

MsMorrisine.....didn't you post Ryder's email address or contact info some time ago? If you still have it could you post it again or PM that to me?

• rip_frip_f Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭

@PipestonePete said:

I'll definitely be watching for that post....if that fricking music doesn't drive me insane first!!!

Fifteen min warning!
    I just got the "issue" resolved. (they have to remove a faux hold on the CC.)

Ryder is a business man

profit

make money one each issue

bad business operations? you send out hundreds of emails, give people 2 days to "fix" the issue but put people on hold for 3 hours. how many will get cancelled, how many will make it? I don't know.

I also will mention that I called in on an order tat showed "Backorder" to get the automated response before I hit "0" to complain about first-in, first process not being followed....

try it... call in(after the crush is gone... maybe in 2 days) on a Morgan order that shows backorder... the automated response system says it's being processed and "will ship today"

the contractor is full of it for having these emails sent out and with only 2 days notice; it's another slap in the face to have the automated response say "ship today" on a backordered item.

Mint Director Ryder
    US Mint Headquarters
    801 9th Street, NW
    Washington, D.C. 20220

@PipestonePete said:

@MsMorrisine said:

@MilesWaits said:
    Where is the Sad emoji?

MsMorrisine.....didn't you post Ryder's email address or contact info some time ago? If you still have it could you post it again or PM that to me?

The sad thing is when they answer after your 3 hour phone recording torture they will say everything is fine, but if you ask nicely they will resubmit the charge again for you.

Then if you wait you might be lucky and be asked to complete their survey which only takes another 15 minutes. :s

Well I finally got in after 3:34 minute wait and when the mint rep put me on hold to check into the order the connection went dead. Fortunately, the 214 minutes of listening to that lame music must have driven me somewhat mad as it all seems quite funny to me right now.

and another thing for the letter to the real Mint HQ

if they can send out an email about a "Hold" being placed on an order, they should send out an email (eventually) once the hold has been resolved.

edited August 11, 2021 11:53PM

Dang that’s amazing 12:30am confirmation for 2021S ase🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀so painless so so normal 😁🤓
    I’m so happy I could almost friggin’ cry. It’s a receipt charges showing. Wow!!

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got my confirmation as well

Many happy BST transactions
  • fox9487fox9487 Posts: 296 ✭✭✭

My cards were charged at 11:13 pm on 8/11 and 1:37 am on 8/12. Orders processing but only one confirmation email.

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got the S. Information last night

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not worth it to me, but y’all get after it:

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.

Did you see they are charging 60 bucks for the fedex mailer😄. WTH

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• al410al410 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭

Best guesstimate will the 2021-S Proof Silver Eagle be a fast sell out?
    Al

Yes I’m thinking 10 minutes but if it’s a cluster buster on the Mint’s side 30 minutes tops🤓🙀

• Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Maybe in Limited Edition?

• @Raufus said:
    Why do I keep putting myself thru this?????

Exactly! was asking myself the same thing.

• NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2021 8:58AM

@Raufus said:

Found myself thinking the same thing as I grabbed my coffee, and got 'ready' at 11:45.......tried getting enrollment weeks and weeks ago, but they musta reached their limit on enrollments. I've got enrollments on every ASE product allowing it, don't know how I missed this one's enrollment, so, back to the battle> @originalsandman said:

@Raufus said:

Exactly! was asking myself the same thing.

Ditto....was late to the open enrollment party, so, ready for battle again.

I'll come up with something.
  • coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

because it makes it feel like your winning something

• NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2021 9:05AM

BINGO! Much easier than Tuesday...only had one 'page you are looking for...., second try, in like Flynn!
    USM1100XXXX

I'll come up with something.
  • tahbb143tahbb143 Posts: 91 ✭✭✭

In and out w 3 in less than 30 seconds; fastest purchasing experience I've had from the usm in quite a while.

Even got the order confirmation email before 11:01 hit.

Changed my mind. Not getting this from the Mint. Keeps bombing out and too many minted when they do the others in the Limited set.

• coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

2 minutes, i won 3

• TheRavenTheRaven Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭✭

In and out before 12:01. amazingly quick.

Collection under construction: VG Barber Quarters & Halves
  • telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,851 ✭✭✭✭✭

We have an enrollment so should get these, but out of curiosity I logged in anyway. as of 11:03 the button changed from "Add to Bag" to "Backorder".

RIP Mom- 1932-2012

Got one today and one yesterday with enrollment.

• CoinnmoreCoinnmore Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

confirmed!

• TheRavenTheRaven Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭✭

almost immediately went to backorder. wow

Collection under construction: VG Barber Quarters & Halves
  • philographerphilographer Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

There’s something lucky about using cell reception in a place like this. Order had no hangups whatsoever and was done at 12:01

The Channels in VA

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

Order in @ 12:03, order # 11042XXX.

Got kicked around for a couple of minutes.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file