Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

List of the many 2021 ASE and AGE releases

derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 23, 2021 2:59PM in U.S. Coin Forum

What I know of, PM me if I left something out and I will update the OP. Lots of different TPG "variety" labels this year.

SILVER EAGLES
Released:
T1 1 oz bullion
T1 (S) no mintmark bullion, emergency issue from San Fransisco mint, limited number of 2.000 monster boxes
T1 (P) no mintmark bullion, emergency issue from Philly mint, limited number of 1.000 monster boxes
T2 1 oz bullion
T1 W 1 oz proof
T2 W 1 oz proof
T1 W 1 oz proof single coin "Congratulations Set"

Yet to be released:
T2 S 1 oz proof
T2 S & W 1 oz reverse proof two coin set
T2 W 1 oz unc. collector coin
T1 1 oz bullion "Last Production Run" 200K available only from APs
T2 1 oz bullion "First Production Run" 200K available only from APs
T1 1 oz bullion included in 4 coin gold and silver set, 500 limit "Dusk/Dawn" edition via Mint Auction
T2 1 oz bullion included in 4 coin gold and silver set, 500 limit "Dusk/Dawn" edition via Mint Auction

GOLD EAGLES
Released:
T1 1 oz bullion
T2 1 oz bullion
T1 W 1 oz proof (4 coin set and individual coin)
T1 W half oz proof (4 coin set and individual coin)
T1 W quarter oz proof (4 coin set and individual coin)
T1 W tenth oz proof (4 coin set and individual coin)

Yet to be released:
T2 W 1 oz proof (4 coin set and individual coin)
T2 W half oz proof (4 coin set and individual coin)
T2 W quarter oz proof (4 coin set and individual coin)
T2 W tenth oz proof (4 coin set and individual coin)
T2 W 1 oz unc. collector coin
T1 & T2 W tenth oz proof two coin set "Designer Edition"
T1 1 oz bullion "Last Production Run" 15K available only from APs
T2 1 oz bullion "First Production Run" 15K available only from APs
T1 1 oz bullion included in 4 coin gold and silver set, 500 limit "Dusk/Dawn" edition via Mint Auction
T2 1 oz bullion included in 4 coin gold and silver set, 500 limit "Dusk/Dawn" edition via Mint Auction

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

Comments

• Options
    PedzolaPedzola Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thought T2 gold proofs are being released 7/29?

• Options
    Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 378 ✭✭✭

Who can provide a list of different silver eagles since 2011?

• Options

@Pedzola said:
    Thought T2 gold proofs are being released 7/29?

right, OP corrected, also added the T1 and T2 ASE and AGE "Dusk/Dawn" mint auction coins.

• Options

@Samuel8 said:

PCGS price guide should be a good indicator of the different varieties for each year that has passed.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,228 ✭✭✭✭✭

there are these guys:

Later this year, in celebration of both the end of an era and the opening of a new chapter, the United States Mint is planning a public auction of very limited 2021 American Eagles at Dusk and at Dawn 35th Anniversary four-coin sets of AE bullion.

All of the bullion products reserved for the sets were personally struck by Mint Director David J. Ryder at the Mint’s West Point, NY production facility.

Each set will include certificates of authenticity bearing the Director’s original signature.

Five hundred of the new gold coins will be paired with 500 of those with the original gold design, and placed with 500 redesigned silver coins paired with 500 coins of the original silver design to form 500 extraordinarily unique four-coin sets.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    there are these guys:

Later this year, in celebration of both the end of an era and the opening of a new chapter, the United States Mint is planning a public auction of very limited 2021 American Eagles at Dusk and at Dawn 35th Anniversary four-coin sets of AE bullion.

OP updated with info

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow... The Mint is going all out this year.... I will have to check into those 'dusk/dawn' sets... Not sure what they are. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Wow... The Mint is going all out this year.... I will have to check into those 'dusk/dawn' sets... Not sure what they are. Cheers, RickO

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1060702/the-united-states-mint-will-conduct-an-auction-of-type-1-and-type-2-bullion-american-eagles

• Options
    edited July 23, 2021 2:30PM

@Samuel8 said:

https://www.pcgs.com/pop/detail/silver-eagles-1986-date/939

Edited to add: @derryb posted an excellent answer earlier in this thread. Stupid me, I 'missed' it. Notwithstanding, this link is to the PCGS 'pop report'.

• Options

• Options
    batumibatumi Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:

Although I still 'collect' the Eagle coins from the USM, I buy on the secondary market for what they really are-bullion coins. With the endless issues and shenanigans as of late, I have dropped out trying to obtain every issue. I will continue to stack them as bullion when the price appears to be within reason.

• Options

The latest information regarding 21XJ can be found here.

If I am not mistaken, it means that "T2 S & W 1 oz reverse proof two coin set" needs to be updated.

Based on the latest information from the Mint, I believe that it should read: "T1-W & T2-S 1 oz reverse proof two coin set".

Thanks.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file