Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

****Official Silver Eagle 2021 Silver Reverse Proof Two-Coin Designer Edition Order Thread #2****

Comments

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s trying I hope so.

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 4, 2021 12:29PM

Should the coins be reversed?

It would seems the "heads" side would be the one on front side of the holder, with the PCGS tracking number showing?

Granted...it looks beautiful on either side but is there a standard for PCGS slabbed coins for display?

BST references available on request

• Options

Those are beautiful.
    The little lamp that could

• Options
    edited October 4, 2021 12:46PM

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Those are beautiful.
    The little lamp that could

Time to break out the 1970's rock albums and put them on the turntable and turn up the speakers and....

Wait, I better stop while I'm ahead!

o:)

Edit:
    Is it time to bring Mama Cass gifs back? Haha

• Options
    johnperk747johnperk747 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

I got my coins today . . . but, I'm going to leave sealed and flip :)

• Options

Mama not so much. Jimi Hendrix “Electric Ladyland” Or The Who “Who’s Next “. 😉

• Options

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:
    I requested the Eagles up front

I would prefer eagle side up too, since that's the main difference in the coins.

• Options

I missed Woodstock but I was at The Altimont Speedway. Google it same time frame same huge crowd,way different outcome. Haunts me to this day.

• Options

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got my set today and they are beautiful coins.

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

@vulcanize said:

@OLC said:
    I believe part of the problem with getting items purchased from the mint shipped is the limit of 1 per household. With the 2 coin set that's 125,000 packages. It's great that more people have opportunity to purchase direct but it is going to take longer to get everything shipped.

One would think that the mint was equipped to handle it after all these years of being in existence. Even the Uncirculated Coin Set 2021released last week is being shown as processing for me (and been almost a month since the 2021 ASE Uncirculated Coins went on offer but they already had a December date for roll out to start with).

Logistical nightmare for sure at the mint's end plus it is going to get further delayed in the future because USPS has announced a slowing down

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1064245/mail-delivery-slowdown-usps-to-slow-delivery-starting-october-1

Can only imagine the mayhem when the Morgans and Peace get ready to be shipped out :(

The Mint doesn't do the shipping

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine landed this afternoon, and they are beautiful.....look like 70's to me.

Order #11545xxx

• Options
    Mindy9773Mindy9773 Posts: 160 ✭✭✭
    edited October 4, 2021 3:19PM

Straight off to pcgs 20 minutes ago

• Options
    KISHU1KISHU1 Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭

Got mine today 11599
    Good luck with grading everyone

Frank D

• Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭✭✭

My set arrived today, beautiful.

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ty

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    vulcanizevulcanize Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@vulcanize said:

@OLC said:
    I believe part of the problem with getting items purchased from the mint shipped is the limit of 1 per household. With the 2 coin set that's 125,000 packages. It's great that more people have opportunity to purchase direct but it is going to take longer to get everything shipped.

One would think that the mint was equipped to handle it after all these years of being in existence. Even the Uncirculated Coin Set 2021released last week is being shown as processing for me (and been almost a month since the 2021 ASE Uncirculated Coins went on offer but they already had a December date for roll out to start with).

Logistical nightmare for sure at the mint's end plus it is going to get further delayed in the future because USPS has announced a slowing down

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1064245/mail-delivery-slowdown-usps-to-slow-delivery-starting-october-1

Can only imagine the mayhem when the Morgans and Peace get ready to be shipped out :(

Do you usually post just for the sake of posting?

• Options

@cheezhed said:
    You must be new here…

Used to be a long time lurker around here and other forums but posting wise am a n00b o:)

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

Mint Employees might not actually be packing coins in boxes and shipping them...

But the US Mint is 100% responsible for the management of shipping their products.

The US Mint is the one responsible for choosing the contractor - the Mint does NOT get to shift the blame!

• Options

Well according to tracking it’s here. Gotta wait until the morning. My little old post office closes at a proper time. 😉Small town politics.

• Options
    edited October 4, 2021 5:47PM

@HoneyMarket said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Mint Employees might not actually be packing coins in boxes and shipping them...

But the US Mint is 100% responsible for the management of shipping their products.

The US Mint is the one responsible for choosing the contractor - the Mint does NOT get to shift the blame!

That has nothing to do with my point. It actually has nothing to do with the original point that I corrected. If we are only just discovering that PSF doesn't have the bandwidth, the MInt really hasn't had a chance to be replaced.

• Options

@vulcanize said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@vulcanize said:

@OLC said:

@cheezhed said:

@vulcanize said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@vulcanize said:

@OLC said:

You must be new here…

I corrected an inaccuracy so that you would know the truth. That seems like a reasonable post. My apologies if you don't want to know how it actually works.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:
    That has nothing to do with my point.

Would really appreciate it if you could kindly elucidate further without the cryptic speak.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:
    I corrected an inaccuracy so that you would know the truth. That seems like a reasonable post. My apologies if you don't want to know how it actually works.

No apologies needed. All suggestions and tips are always welcome.

I post here for fun and interaction because if I wanted a sermon, I would be offline and having the conversation with my wife. ;)

• Options

@vulcanize said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Would really appreciate it if you could kindly elucidate further without the cryptic speak.

My point was simply that PFS Web is the one that ships the Mint products. Whether they have the ability to handle the volume or not, I do not know. Whether there is any need to blame anyone for anything, I don't know. For most of these products, we don't know whether shipping is the problem or production is the problem or supplies from yet another subcontractor.

Are you sure you don't prefer my shorter answer... ;)

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@vulcanize said:

@jmlanzaf said:

My point was simply that PFS Web is the one that ships the Mint products. Whether they have the ability to handle the volume or not, I do not know. Whether there is any need to blame anyone for anything, I don't know. For most of these products, we don't know whether shipping is the problem or production is the problem or supplies from yet another subcontractor.

Are you sure you don't prefer my shorter answer... ;)

There is no denying anything you said but the fact that the mint has been around for so long and their whole business model is starting to show cracks, the buck has to stop somewhere.

Bluntly put - if it were any other regular business in this capitalistic economy, they would have shut shop for such shoddy handling/approach.

• Options
    rip_frip_f Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭

Several customer service reps I've spoken with have been sincerely apologetic about their performance and timeliness. They are trying their best with about 60% of their pre-covid staff. They admit they are swamped and can't keep up.
    I say cut them some slack - stop acting like things are back to normal.

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it's time to say this issue is sold out. No movement at all in the AM past several days.

Anyone able to get a set recently?

• Options

Fishing for one this morning and I got captacha ed. 🙀No movement had to prove my humanity and pick the pretty buses out of these lovely 9 little pictures 😉

• Options
    CXDCXD Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

@Goldbully said:
    I think it's time to say this issue is sold out. No movement at all in the AM past several days.

Anyone able to get a set recently?

No not recently. After day one 9/13 (x3)...picked up (x3) more on 9/21 & 9/24...but watching (w/one in the bag) last couple weeks not much action. :)

• Options
    CXDCXD Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

Data Through Week Ending October 3, 2021 = 124,370

• Options
    edited October 5, 2021 7:33AM

1157****. Its here. Pictures soon👍🏼 Hitching up the kitties and off to town

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭✭✭

Government. Efficiently inefficient.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options

They are lovely 🥲

• Options
    Mindy9773Mindy9773 Posts: 160 ✭✭✭

Ok guys and girls my coins are arriving at pcgs today. Anyone know an estimate on how long they take to grade? And can I check if they have been graded somehow?

• Options

@Mindy9773 said:
    Ok guys and girls my coins are arriving at pcgs today. Anyone know an estimate on how long they take to grade? And can I check if they have been graded somehow?

Weeks and weeks. You can see your submissions on your dashboard but don't expect them to even be entered into the system anytime soon.

• Options
    ndeaglesndeagles Posts: 356 ✭✭✭✭

@Mindy9773 said:

My modern value moved to encapsulation today. They received the order 8/4.

If you get the app, you can see what status they are in any time, I checked it daily for the last 2 months.

• Options

@rip_f said:
    Several customer service reps I've spoken with have been sincerely apologetic about their performance and timeliness. They are trying their best with about 60% of their pre-covid staff. They admit they are swamped and can't keep up.
    I say cut them some slack - stop acting like things are back to normal.

The Mint and USPS are doing a great job of making these coins and reaching them across to the collector.

It is the agencies that are handling it in between that mess up quite a bit, deflecting the ire towards the mint. Raising a shipping label and then having the actual item reach USPS after more than five days is callousness.

I say this after being a part of the team twenty five years ago that set up the automatic scanning and distribution ERP for IBM warehouse and a company manufacturing consumer products like ketchup etc.

Technology sure has come a very long way since then and there should be really no excuses.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Mindy9773 said:

Weeks and weeks. You can see your submissions on your dashboard but don't expect them to even be entered into the system anytime soon.

I am really curious about the volume of coins processed by the TPG's since the pandemic started because am assuming that more people are sending in their submissions in the past year and a half fueled further by the variety of new releases from the mint.

• Options

@vulcanize said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Mindy9773 said:

I am really curious about the volume of coins processed by the TPG's since the pandemic started because am assuming that more people are sending in their submissions in the past year and a half fueled further by the variety of new releases from the mint.

PSA stopped taking submissions for a while and CGC is months behind.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

PSA stopped taking submissions for a while and CGC is months behind.

The guy at one of the stores I used to frequent told me last summer about the HUGE increase in the interest for cards and comics last year when the lockdown started. Guess more people now found the time to renew their interests in the hobby or most of them are are in it merely for flipping since they found collectibles to be an avenue to make the extra cash while homebound.

• Options

wow i can't believe these hit $250 on ebay.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

they will probably get close to issue price before it's over, everyone is waiting for them to drop lower and the sellers keep dropping the prices, there are over 1,500 sets listed

• Options
    UncleAbeUncleAbe Posts: 35 ✭✭

Household order limits are turned back on??

• Options
    OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭

I noticed that they have Household order limit back in place for this item and several other items also. FYI

• Options
    UncleAbeUncleAbe Posts: 35 ✭✭

@UncleAbe said:
    Household order limits are turned back on??

On this set, and the burnished, and the S Proof eagles.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file