Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Wow. Just wow. eBay has restricted PWCC’s selling privileges and listings effective immediately

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

As one of the world’s largest marketplaces, eBay has policies in place to protect our buyers and sellers. eBay was founded on trust, and we work every day to ensure a fair and positive experience for the entire eBay community.
Recently, it was determined that individuals associated with a trading card seller, PWCC, have engaged in “shill bidding,” which is prohibited on eBay. As a result, eBay has restricted PWCC’s selling privileges and listings, effective today. eBay’s policies and standards were designed to ensure a trusted marketplace where our community can transact with confidence. If we determine that a buyer or seller is not acting in good faith, eBay takes this seriously and takes action. Our customer service team will work directly with anyone who has a question about a recent PWCC transaction [link].
eBay is the destination for buying and selling trading cards - built over 25 years with our passionate community of collectors and sellers, as partners, on that journey. Trust is the cornerstone of eBay, which is why we felt it was important to share this information with our community. We assure you that eBay will continue to take actions to deliver on our commitment.

Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭

That is shocking. Can’t believe they couldn’t work it out in some form or fashion. I guess the model was ripe for shill bidding.

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 17, 2021 11:07AM

Has anyone else received this email. The listings are still up?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

WOWZER!

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 17, 2021 10:43AM

When you get dressed down by eBay its a really bad day.

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Mo_MentumMo_Mentum Posts: 167 ✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    When you get dressed down by eBay is a really bad day

m

What exactly has been dressed down? Currently, they have almost 18,000 listings in their store.

https://www.ebay.com/str/pwccmarketplace?_dmd=1&_sop=16&rt=nc

If Ebay flags one seller, among the multitude who do it on a regular basis, for shill bidding, standard practice dictates that all listings are either suspended or ended.

Just not exactly sure what they are restricting and how. Plenty of auctions still up. Maybe it's new auction listings?

m

• robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 17, 2021 10:52AM

Interesting.

Maybe Ebay isn't happy about PWCC's new "Premier" auction service.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 17, 2021 10:51AM

it is most definitely not effective immediately, as their listings are still active..................all 17,879 of them

even stuck a bid in on one of them to test the waters.................and it took

• handymanhandyman Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭✭✭

^

edited August 17, 2021 11:06AM

@galaxy27 said:
    it is most definitely not effective immediately, as their listings are still active..................all 17,879 of them

even stuck a bid in on one of them to test the waters.................and it took

I did the same.

FYI I got the email from eBay 15 minutes ago and the very next email I got was from PWCC with links to their current premiere auction

m

• handymanhandyman Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would think once the listings went private. The shilling probably multiplied big time. Felt untouchable

I'm beginning to believe this is not an official email from ebay.

I did not receive it and all of their auctions and listings are still active.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am proud of eBay.

After about five to ten years, they’ve decided to issue a stern warning.

Another decade of this could lead to double secret probation.

You better be careful, PWCC. Another century of this might have dire consequences.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:

Someone posted this on BO
    https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1481972

edited August 17, 2021 11:54AM

This all sounds like something happened that led ebay to this point and from what I've read over on BO the PWCC Vault BIN listings are where they're getting hit right now. Someone mentioned that some are getting pulled down and another Vault user said he couldn't list anything to ebay right now. Who knows how long it lasts but good for Ebay for standing up to PWCC even when they're making them millions off them.

@grote15 said:

FWIW

This was the ebay address it was sent from.

ebay@reply5.ebay.com

m

• rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

Saw the email on multiple platforms but without specifics and listings being removed it is toothless.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am proud of eBay.

After about five to ten years, they’ve decided to issue a stern warning.

Another decade of this could lead to double secret probation.

You better be careful, PWCC. Another century of this might have dire consequences.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

edited August 17, 2021 12:08PM

I can't say if these were sales or removals but in ten minutes their total BIN listings dropped over 500 listings. Everytime I refresh it jumps about 50 listings lower.
    https://www.ebay.com/str/pwccvault

edit: in 15 mins that number is over 1000 less listings and counting.

• blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

curious if this really has anything to do w shilling and more along w fee percentages.

not taking a stance for pwcc, but we are talking ebay here. home of the “300 bid retractions”, the “97% bidding activity w seller”, the scammers paradise for returning anything for any reason, the countless accounts w basically zero real personal information req’d to open said account and then winning auctions w “0 feedback” rating, repeatedly. heck theres one item at probstein that has been ran 12 different times now. that repeated listing has become an online tourist site with jokes galore.

now pwcc certainly isnt clean here, but for ebay to be calling anyone out and airing dirty laundry when their own washing machine has been broken for decades is pretty laughable.

its like dahmer preaching about how bad cannibalism is and that ya shouldnt do it. if thry actually cared about users, they could very easily do something about it. and coulda stopped pwcc/probstein and anyone else years ago. the fact that just pwcc got called out, while definitely earned, and no one else makes me think there is a much bigger picture to look for.

• DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

I got the email from eBay -- it looks legit.

I had a bunch of PWCC BIN Listings on my Watch List, and it looks like they all ended within the last couple of hours...

• rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

Brent and Betsy told us years ago they put a stop to this. I don’t believe it for one minute.

• sjjs28sjjs28 Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    edited August 17, 2021 12:30PM

Received the email.
    However, every single one of my EBAY - PWCC - Watched items are still up and active....

Further, the links on PWCC's web site still take you to EBAY.
    Can't say everyone does, but I tried 4 or 5 random items.

Steve Saldutti
    sjjs28@comcast.net
    Collector of 1964 Topps Stand Ups, 1965 Embossed, 1968 Topps Game and 1969 Topps Decals
    Registered Sets: 1964 Stand Ups, 1965 Embossed, 1968 Topps Game, 1969 Topps Decals
  • baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

My guess is this didn't stem from eBay "catching them red handed"... more likely it's fallout from the FBI investigation. Probably wishful thinking, but maybe indictments are coming Brent and Gary's way? Only way I see either one of them stopping all their shenanigans.

• not that I am buying but does this apply to all pwcc or only pwcc_auctions? what happens to everything in the vault and all the flippers/investors buying and shipping to the vault if the vault listings are shut down too .....

• LGCLGC Posts: 219 ✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:
    I can't say if these were sales or removals but in ten minutes their total BIN listings dropped over 500 listings. Everytime I refresh it jumps about 50 listings lower.

Perhaps, they are starting with Vault auctions because certain Vault auctions have items where PWCC "accidentally" won while shill bidding. So start there, then envelop all clean Vault auctions and then perhaps move on to other auctions.

Very interesting development to be sure. I did not receive any email from Ebay but it appears others have.

Usually, when accounts are suspended all the listings are canceled but maybe in this case they will just restrict new listings?

• GreenSneakersGreenSneakers Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭

I got the email. Look legit. Last bought from PWCC 3 weeks ago, I wonder if that has something to do with who got and who didn’t.

@LGC said:

@erikthredd said:

Perhaps, they are starting with Vault auctions because certain Vault auctions have items where PWCC "accidentally" won while shill bidding. So start there, then envelop all clean Vault auctions and then perhaps move on to other auctions.

I can't say for sure,either way, what's going on with their listings but I do know that their Vault BIN total listings has dropped over 5K listings in the past hour. Those could just be sales or could be ebay taking them down but when I first checked their total Vault listings an hour ago the total was over 54.5K BIN listings, its now currently at 49.1K listings.

• PSARichPSARich Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

And to think I just dropped off about $30,000 in PSA 9 cards to PWCC at the National. It will be interesting as to what happens with my cards. I do have verification they received them.

• esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭

If you go to their page and sort by most recent listed first, tap on any new listing and it will have been removed. eBay is removing this from newest to oldest, it appears.

https://ebay.com/str/pwccvault?mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&siteid=0&customid=link&campid=5338203720&toolid=20001&_sop=10&rt=nc

Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn’t receive the email, and I purchased a card from them within the last month. Strange.

• jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

@PSARich said:
    And to think I just dropped off about $30,000 in PSA 9 cards to PWCC at the National. It will be interesting as to what happens with my cards. I do have verification they received them.

What happens to items in their vault? Is it time to ask for them to be returned?

• billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    this is a long time coming. i just don't understand why anyone would ever buy anything from them. I guess stuff trumps integrity.

PWCC has been dirty for years. it is really indisputable at this point.

Did you ever get that home vault built?

• robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 17, 2021 2:24PM

Not looking good for PWCC on Ebay.

It appears their vault listings are being removed at a pretty rapid rate.

• esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭

I wrote "eBay is removing," but it is possible PWCC is doing the removing. I don't know. But it is 100% happening.

Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • KyserKyser Posts: 213 ✭✭✭

The vault promotion just in time for the shut down. GG

• PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

It seems strange that the vault items are being removed and the auctions are ongoing. Given the accusation of shilling, I would think it would be the reverse.

• daltexdaltex Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

From this thread it appears the email was legit. I was suspicious because eBay didn't include my registered ID.

edited August 17, 2021 2:49PM

m

@greensneakers please tell me you wrote that as a spoof

• baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

Email blasts take a long time to run depending on quantity... I'm sure most of us will end up getting it.

FBI investigations take even longer, but when they start to wrap it up and sh*t hits the fan...

• FrancartFrancart Posts: 334 ✭✭✭

I received the same email from PWCC