Home U.S. Coin Forum

****2021 Morgan and Peace Silver Dollar thread - Flipping Posts Welcome!*****

Comments

• vulcanizevulcanize Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HoneyMarket said:

@kimber45ACP said:
    Bingo! I called and since orders are processing, not mine, but others, I asked if they could update my card and they said yes. They switched me to a secure line, I entered my CC number, they switched back for the expiration date and code, then said it was updated. I'll see if it steps to processing.

What Coin Purchase?? These thread has multiple coin purchase discussions?

The only coin that I'm aware of, that recently started processing, is the 2021 ASE 1oz Proof Coin (S) (21EMN).

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1064818/morgans-and-peace-dollars-now-processing

;)

• kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

@HoneyMarket said:

@kimber45ACP said:
    Bingo! I called and since orders are processing, not mine, but others, I asked if they could update my card and they said yes. They switched me to a secure line, I entered my CC number, they switched back for the expiration date and code, then said it was updated. I'll see if it steps to processing.

The only coin that I'm aware of, that recently started processing, is the 2021 ASE 1oz Proof Coin (S) (21EMN).

The Morgan Dollars.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,490 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HoneyMarket said:

@kimber45ACP said:

Huh? Those have been shipping for weeks.

• HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

@vulcanize said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@kimber45ACP said:

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1064818/morgans-and-peace-dollars-now-processing

;)

Thanks, I did not see that thread...subscribing!

BST references available on request

@jmlanzaf said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@kimber45ACP said:

Huh? Those have been shipping for weeks.

Maybe I don't follow these boards as deeply as you do...but I only became aware of 21EMN processing recently (like in the past week or two). I did not know that they were shipping. Mine only changed to processing last week.

• HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just called and got one of the reps that does not know anything. Said she thought one other person had called about that issue. (LOL) said if there is a problem when time to ship I would get the 21-48 hour call them email. It's a crap shoot and that is what is coming out of the mouths of most of their reps. There may be 1 or 2 who knows what to do , however

remember that box of chocolates thing.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    edited October 13, 2021 2:23PM

They can do it, it seems. I did specifically ask if it was for the order number that is on backorder that has a bad CC number and she said yes. We'll see...

the first thing you will notice when these start to move is the shipping info will change from best way to one specific method of shipping. Within 24 hours usually the shipping label will be printed and you will get the email with tracking number then

"Wait for delivery each day until 3 , oh driver please bring my Morgans to me"

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HATTRICK said:
    I just called and got one of the reps that does not know anything. Said she thought one other person had called about that issue. (LOL) said if there is a problem when time to ship I would get the 21-48 hour call them email. It's a crap shoot and that is what is coming out of the mouths of most of their reps. There may be 1 or 2 who knows what to do , however

remember that box of chocolates thing.

Was the operator’s name Maronda. She was very nice and spent some time checking on things.
    Maybe we got the same operators

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

edited October 13, 2021 5:09PM

Did not get her name but she said one other person had talked to her about the problem. Same old story wait for it to go to shipping then it will kick out and you will get the email. Seams like most reps are clueless about the issue other that the standard reply. I have a contact who is connected to the mint and has not been able to get an answer from them on the issue even though he has been on it since the orders were first summited. Based on my knowledge of ordering systems, privacy laws and credit card merchant service rules they probably can not make changes to orders for credit card info while orders are in current state. I assume when they try to ship it will kick out into a separate que where changes can be made.
    based on what I have heard it seem logical that when this happens an email will be issued to have you call in and fix. Can their system handle the volume of orders that this will happen to? Time will tell. I was told they were trying to come up with another fix which might explain the error emails that went out as well as the back and forth between processing and backorder for some people. In conclusion remember that box of chocolates thing and good luck to all.
    Put on your helmets and fasten your seat belt. :#

P.S. the mint is aware of this problem and it is extensive with the Morgan and Peace orders. They have to come up with a way to fix this even though it may be a pain in the a$$ to do for them as well as their customers.

edited October 13, 2021 5:03PM

forgot to say it is estimated that all coins will be shipped by the end of November but no commitment when they will start to ship. The first thing you will see on your order is a change from best way for shipping to a fixed carrier. then within 24 hours a shipping label should be printed. Then: "Wait for delivery each day until 3 , oh driver please bring my Morgans to me"

• Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

@kimber45ACP said:
    Bingo! I called and since orders are processing, not mine, but others, I asked if they could update my card and they said yes. They switched me to a secure line, I entered my CC number, they switched back for the expiration date and code, then said it was updated. I'll see if it steps to processing. Currently in the backorder state.

Does your order show the new CC info in the Payment Method?

It is clear whoever at the mint thought up this presale idea did not think it all the way through. No consideration was given to the credit card issues that would arise and no plan was in place to handle them.

Conspiracy theory alert !!

Did Ryder quit because he saw this coming or was he fired because he allowed it to happen ?? :o

• micotumicotu Posts: 58 ✭✭

@HoneyMarket said:
    I HATE this website and it's crappy software sometimes!!!!

"Your Comment will appear after it is approved"

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ happens with 60% of the posts that I type up and then edit.
    My original post goes off to never never land and is put in the Bit Bucket!

I know of no other website where comments just disappear into thin air just because one chooses to edit their posting!

Hey Mod's, do you ever actually see these edit'd posts...and do you do anything with them??? Or is this just a bug in your forum software???

Maybe it has something to do with your tendency to make multiple posts in a row.

@micotu said:

@HoneyMarket said:

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ happens with 60% of the posts that I type up and then edit.

I know of no other website where comments just disappear into thin air just because one chooses to edit their posting!

Hey Mod's, do you ever actually see these edit'd posts...and do you do anything with them??? Or is this just a bug in your forum software???

Maybe it has something to do with your tendency to make multiple posts in a row.

Nope 👎

It occurs ONLY during the editing of A singular post.

It Never occurs during Multiple posts (which I rarely do (even though you stated I have a tendency to do - Wrong))

@HoneyMarket said:

@micotu said:

@HoneyMarket said:

Nope 👎

It Never occurs during Multiple posts (which I rarely do (even though you stated I have a tendency to do - Wrong))

are you "saving" your post after completing your edit ?

@HATTRICK said:

No, I don’t use the Save Button. I just use the Post button.

Is “saving” before “Post”something that you have found to avoid this issue

• DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HATTRICK said:
    get ready for the Morgan & Peace Ship O Rama. It should be a lot of fun.

I have sold all of mine to another forum member. Used money to buy other shiny proofs that I like better.

I hope he gets all 70's. Good luck to all waiting on their orders.

What did you get?

"It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HoneyMarket said:

@HATTRICK said:

I get it too. Mods should really step up and turn it off.

"It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

edited October 14, 2021 7:31AM

@HoneyMarket said:

@HATTRICK said:

To edit a post you have to click star at upper right corner. drop down will say edit click on it . Then do your edit. you will now see save comment at the bottom. click it to save edit.

Note you can physically change your post without selecting edit first but it will not save

• micotumicotu Posts: 58 ✭✭

@HoneyMarket said:

@micotu said:

@HoneyMarket said:

Nope 👎

Saw two in a row on this page and three in a row last page, so seemed like a tendency.

edited October 14, 2021 10:21AM

@micotu said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@micotu said:

@HoneyMarket said:

Nope 👎

Saw two in a row on this page and three in a row last page, so seemed like a tendency.

I’m usually not that busy on here. You must’ve caught me on a good day!

🤩🥳🤡🎃

edited October 14, 2021 11:02AM

This is a discussion forum. Some people have more to say than others from time to time. Nothing wrong with that. B)
    Also when "CRS" kicks in you need to edit or do multiple posts to finish your train of thought. :#

and this is what happens when it progresses to "CRAFT" :o

We seem to be in need of these to drop
    Then we’ll see “Posting Gone Wild!!!”😉

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    We seem to be in need of these to drop
    Then we’ll see “Posting Gone Wild!!!”😉

-
    ^^^^^^^^^^^ T R U T H ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

edited October 14, 2021 12:35PM

@HATTRICK said:
    To edit a post you have to click star at upper right corner. drop down will say edit click on it . Then do your edit. you will now see save comment at the bottom. click it to save edit.

Note you can physically change your post without selecting edit first but it will not save

Thanks for the advice - one thing I noticed earlier, while looking at this website on my phone is that the mobile version seems to be set up a bit different. There was NOT a "Post Comment" button on the mobile website as there is here on the computer based website.

Other than "Save Draft", I try to remember now to instead click on "CTRL + A" to highlight all of the text and then right-click and copy it...just in case that I see that it does not post and I get the dreaded message about the Mod's needing to approve my post.

I've replied to many of a posts here - some with long write-up responses and have gotten that error...I end up so frustrated that I have to re-type everything' that I just usually say "screw it" and walk away from the computer! o:)

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

copy entire post before posting it.

you'll have a backup

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭

YOUR ORDER HAS SHIPPED....has anybody got this message.... B)

edited October 14, 2021 1:21PM

Hey. Howdy. I’m on my iPhone now and here’s what my options are. Hang in there 😉

@Bullsitter said:

Not yet 🤔

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Hey. Howdy. I’m on my iPhone now and here’s what my options are. Hang in there 😉

I don’t see the “Post Comment” when “editing” a post.

edited October 14, 2021 2:54PM

Dang it. Let’s see. Additional content. Well how about that. Just tried and I see your problem. At this point I’m going to suggest you email Heather Boyd. I’m stumped 🤔

edited October 14, 2021 2:59PM

@Bullsitter said:

Nope - I only see this...

I guess we should indicate first, WHAT coin order (date) we are talking about?
    There are multiple coin orders listed in this thread...I think starting with the 8/3 orders and then the 8/10 orders...

edited October 14, 2021 3:06PM

Yes and remember that the CC and O Morgan’s from 5-24 should be first in line

@HoneyMarket said:

@Bullsitter said:

Nope - I only see this...

I guess we should indicate first, WHAT coin order (date) we are talking about?
    There are multiple coin orders listed in this thread...I think starting with the 8/3 orders and then the 8/10 orders...

At this point, I don't know what coin this thread is about any more...it's titled Morgan and Peace Silver Dollar thread
    Yet there are discussions about CC, O, P, & S coins mixed in here too??

Part of my own confusion is I don't understand this world like y'all do and there have been so many coins this year offered.

Cool sorry about that.
    On 5-24 they released the CC and the O privy Morgan’s
    Things got crazy so the mint postponed the next release until 8-3.
    I think that’s the S and D Morgan’s. Then they released the Philly and the peace dollar on the 10th. Trouble began with the backorder snafu. Hence here we are bruised and confused. They have really led to a lot of confusion.
    Seems that the CC and O would go first but who knows? Hopefully this helps a little and feel free to PM me with any questions you might not be comfortable with asking out here in “The Jungle “. 🤠🙀

if you don't know what a CC O D S P refer to in a Morgan thread, then you must be solely a flipper.

read up on the morgan series in wikipedia

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
    edited October 14, 2021 4:24PM

@MsMorrisine said:
    if you don't know what a CC O D S P refer to in a Morgan thread, then you must be solely a flipper.

How DARE you call me a Flipper! Oh Yeah, I am! B)

Yes, I'll admit...I started here as a Flipper but ya know what - I've actually started collecting coins as well!

I've picked up a few coins over that past few months at some local estate auctions.
    Heck, I even almost went to the Richmond show, as I was down in that area at the time!

As to your comment about not knowing.
    My comment about the different Morgan's, with their respective privy marks, was more geared to the fact that other Morgan's (with the Privy marks) have their own threads. ...yet this thread seems geared toward the Peace and Morgan (without the privy mark) coins.

Then again, looking at how some see this thread, I can now see that this is also the "catch-all be-all Morgan thread".

On last comment about flipping...Ain't everyone here a flipper at some point?
    Is there that many here who've never sold a coin - they've only been buyers?

• djmdjm Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HATTRICK said:
    It is clear whoever at the mint thought up this presale idea did not think it all the way through. No consideration was given to the credit card issues that would arise and no plan was in place to handle them.

Did Ryder quit because he saw this coming or was he fired because he allowed it to happen ?? :o

Ryder was a political appointee from the previous administration. He was asked to tender his resignation buy the current administration. The same thing happened back in 1993.

I will second that Ryder was a political appointee (look it up) and like the proposal someone else made that it was meant to coincide with the end of the Mint’s fiscal year.

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had only been a buyer until I completed the entire ASE proof type 1 set. Once the summit was reached I have been unloading my entire collection to GC and recently to a forum member. The last to be graded will be the complete 10 anniversary set and then I will start from scratch on proof liberty five cents.

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got shut out of the Peace release if any forum member has an extra they could part with I would be grateful.

Many happy BST transactions
  • MetalMetal Posts: 122 ✭✭✭

@cheezhed said:

I got shut out of the Peace release if any forum member has an extra they could part with I would be grateful.

I'm going to have six, but I missed out on the CC and O. I'd be up for a bit of horse-trading.
    I intended to overnight them all to our host. Do you want them raw or graded?

• fathomfathom Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 15, 2021 10:26AM

@HATTRICK said:

Calm down they are doing it this way so they don't get their butt kicked.

Keep your credit cards clean and sorted and there won't be a problem.

Presale will keep the production down and keep perceived value.

High demand items in other markets are sold this way all the time. If you don't like it this way you can cancel your orders and we can have a shot at 'em. :p

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,635 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Trouble began with the backorder snafu. Hence here we are bruised and confused. They have really led to a lot of confusion.

backorder status is normal for items not readily available for shipping. One can assume they have been striking these once they understood the demand.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

• seduloussedulous Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭✭✭

My orders state "Backorder" but they make sure that you have a button for "Continue Shopping". LOL.

Never forgo an opportunity. If I continue shopping, when do you think I would get those orders? LOL.

A Barber Quartet is made up of Nickels, Dimes, Quarters, and Halves.

• seduloussedulous Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinpalice With the $2895 deal you have there, what is the mark-up? Seems like very lofty pricing.

A Barber Quartet is made up of Nickels, Dimes, Quarters, and Halves.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file