Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

****2021 Morgan and Peace Silver Dollar thread - Flipping Posts Welcome!*****

Comments

• Options
    ebizgobroebizgobro Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

CC just got pinged for the O & CC mint dollar coins.
    That means my S, D, O, & CC silver dollar coins are being processed. :)

• Options
    Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

This is so fun!!!

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    My CC with out payment info is
    PROCESSING!!😂😂😂😂🙀😉
    Yippee 🥳
    The amount has filled in. It was all zeros 🤠 yeehaw

Mine too, but no credit card hit yet. That’s the real test. I still am not hopeful.

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

let us know how it progresses. Great first step. Good luck !

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s encouraging to see an order with out the payment info go to processing. JW I am with you. Let’s wait and see. But this is exciting

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

Just checked. Seems like the Philly and Peace Dollar are all we’re missing. Maybe by the morning.

• Options
    vulcanizevulcanize Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    It’s encouraging to see an order with out the payment info go to processing. JW I am with you. Let’s wait and see. But this is exciting

Check your credit card info from the issuer because Amex said pending and it normally gets posted after midnight ;)

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,720 ✭✭✭✭✭

2 out of 3 now processing. Once they start to get delivered, I will need to get a CC example as the mint made sure I could not order one.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    ColonelKlinckColonelKlinck Posts: 371 ✭✭✭

My 5 - CC and 5 - O orders are processing!

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 18, 2021 7:43PM

@ColonelKlinck said:
    My 5 - CC and 5 - O orders are processing!

Similar situation here.
    My credit card just got hit with a Large Purchase Alert and my CC's and O's have changed from Backordered to Processing within the last hour.

BST references available on request

• Options
    FlipsFlips Posts: 83 ✭✭✭

Does anybody have an order after release day that has flipped to processing?

• Options
    edited October 18, 2021 8:39PM

Wow. I was just saying good night to my order and my friggin payment info filled in and is now showing on my order!😉

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

When do the 2021-M and 2021-W dollars go on sale?

B)

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,490 ✭✭✭✭✭

As soon as they can be overstruck

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Wow. I was just saying good night to my order and my friggin payment info filled in and is now showing on my order!😉

My payment info is showing now too, but the amount it wrong. It’s an order of 10 of each cc and o, and the total is showing $850. Weird.

• Options
    KnellKnell Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭✭

Both my wife's and my order of CC and O privy mint shows processing and credit card charged. Same with the D and S Morgans as well. Waiting from the USMint text or email to confirm shipping.

• Options

@jwitten

My payment info is showing now too, but the amount it wrong. It’s an order of 10 of each cc and o, and the total is showing $850. Weird.

@jwitten
    The Mint split your order in two parts - one part with the O mint and the second with the CC. This is showing the first shipment. The second shipment will have the other coins.
    The Mint did the same to my order with both O and CC silver dollars. Check your order.

• Options

@ebizgobro said:

@jwitten

@jwitten
    The Mint split your order in two parts - one part with the O mint and the second with the CC. This is showing the first shipment. The second shipment will have the other coins.
    The Mint did the same to my order with both O and CC silver dollars. Check your order.

That seems like a blessing in disguise - especially for keeping the boxes separate if one wanted to hold off shipping to be graded and having the coins in their own separate original sealed Mint shipping packages.

• Options
    fox9487fox9487 Posts: 285 ✭✭✭

@Flips said:
    Does anybody have an order after release day that has flipped to processing?

Yes. Two of them, 8/4 & 8/17 orders.

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • Options

What price are they selling? I want to sell a few. Thanks

• Options
    MrBreezeMrBreeze Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2021 4:39AM

If you are planning on sending these in for slabbing, what is the cheapest course of action? Modern Value ($17) + First Strike ($18) for a total of $35 each?

*edited to correct Modern to Modern Value

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2021 4:34AM

@MrBreeze said:
    If you are planning on sending these in for slabbing, what is the cheapest course of action? Modern ($17) + First Strike ($18) for a total of $35 each?

Modern is $30, modern value is the $17. There is also economy (non-gold) at $22. Cheapest is w/o First strike. Regardless, expect to wait 5-10 weeks before receiving them if you use these options. Also don't forget $10 handling and at a minimum $22 return shipping, plus the cost of your shipping to them.

• Options
    FlipsFlips Posts: 83 ✭✭✭

@Danielp said:
    What price are they selling? I want to sell a few. Thanks

Pinehurst has a crazy deal right now $130! Thats a $45 profit and you can buy a shipping label for $60.

• Options

@ebizgobro said:

@jwitten

@jwitten

So where do they show the other half of the order? They list all 20 coins on that page, but only show a total of $850. I’ve only been charged for $850 with my card too.

• Options
    OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭

Any Luck with changing credit card orders for those that needed to? I called this morning for my CC & O Morgans since my credit card was hacked and I have a different one now. They told me charge was pending which I don't know how. What am I missing?

• Options
    seduloussedulous Posts: 3,153 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HoneyMarket said:

@ebizgobro said:

@jwitten

@jwitten

That seems like a blessing in disguise - especially for keeping the boxes separate if one wanted to hold off shipping to be graded and having the coins in their own separate original sealed Mint shipping packages.

Say again, how do you exactly prepare these items for sending into our hosts for grading? Are you stating they take coins as submissions in original packaging? They don't require those fold-over clear plastic holders used for raw coin submissions?

A Barber Quartet is made up of Nickels, Dimes, Quarters, and Halves.

• Options

@dbldie55 said:
    2 out of 3 now processing. Once they start to get delivered, I will need to get a CC example as the mint made sure I could not order one.

Ditto

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sedulous said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@ebizgobro said:

@jwitten

@jwitten

Say again, how do you exactly prepare these items for sending into our hosts for grading? Are you stating they take coins as submissions in original packaging? They don't require those fold-over clear plastic holders used for raw coin submissions?

They will take them either way.

• Options

With a request they will return your OGP.

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

It appears they are working thru all credit card charges first. Shipping dates and order TBD

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

they dinged my credit card for the Morgan D and S so far

• Options
    USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭✭✭

Peace $s went straight to "Backorder" when I ordered them on time and it is still stuck there! Bad sign???

• Options

@jwitten

So where do they show the other half of the order? They list all 20 coins on that page, but only show a total of $850. I’ve only been charged for $850 with my card too.

@jwitten - I have an order with both CC and O coins in the order. I got pinged twice on this order for credit card charges.. When I view the order history for this order, I can see the two separate credit card charges which indicate there will be two shipments. If you see only one credit card charge, that indicates one of the coins is still backordered.

• Options

I think the CC are still backordered. My order of 20 coins (10 cc, 10 o) was only charged for half of them. On another account, I made those orders separate. My 10 o are processing and have been charged, the 10 CC are still saying backordered.

• Options

@massscrew said:
    Peace $s went straight to "Backorder" when I ordered them on time and it is still stuck there! Bad sign???

No. You should be ok. None of the peace dollar or Philly Morgan’s have switched over 🤠

• Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2021 8:40AM

Per mint - "payment processor is not working now, call back in a couple of hours to update CC info" on order that needs a new CC for the order. I called two times and got two different people and got the same response.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2021 8:42AM

@jwitten said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    My CC with out payment info is
    PROCESSING!!😂😂😂😂🙀😉
    Yippee 🥳
    The amount has filled in. It was all zeros 🤠 yeehaw

Mine too, but no credit card hit yet. That’s the real test. I still am not hopeful.

I had the same thing happen with (25) ASE W. Stayed processing for over a month before I put myself out of my misery since no one wanted them anyway and it was pretty clear I was not getting them and cancelled order. The problem with mine was PayPal. After it dropped off PayPal after a month PayPal would not rerun the charge they said run a new charge but mint will only run original charge you notice the endless loop. I thought PayPal was the key to getting my orders through quick on day 2, 3... but it turned out to be a shot in the foot. If your blank payment method was a card and not PayPal maybe you have a chance.

• Options

My cc info was blank but last night I was drooling over the order and it changed. My info popped up. Like to give me a stroke 😉

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

@kimber45ACP said:
    Per mint - "payment processor is not working now, call back in a couple of hours to update CC info" on order that needs a new CC for the order. I called two times and got two different people and got the same response.

Same here. Waiting on hold an hour only to be told the system is down and to try later this afternoon. Just when one thinks it cannot get any worse, it gets worse. At least I was able to confirm my order is on hold due to the credit card issue (fraudulent charges - revoked card) and would not be cancelled until I am able to update to the new card.

Tim

• Options
    edited October 19, 2021 8:53AM

@pointfivezero said:

@kimber45ACP said:

Same here. Waiting on hold an hour only to be told the system is down and to try later this afternoon. Just when one thinks it cannot get any worse, it gets worse. At least I was able to confirm my order is on hold due to the credit card issue (fraudulent charges - revoked card) and would not be cancelled until I am able to update to the new card.

Tim

I pushed 1 to have them call me back. It was about 1/2 hour each time.

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

@kimber45ACP said:

@pointfivezero said:

@kimber45ACP said:

Tim

I pushed 1 to have them call me back. It was about 1/2 hour each time.

I wish I had your faith in the system. I'm currently at O'Hare Airport and was afraid I would miss the call.

Tim

• Options
    Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

@drjaycee said:
    I am just going to clarify the process for changing credit card information at the mint. I ordered the CC and O Morgans back in May and like many others, no longer have the credit card. My orders tried to process and were rejected obviously and then put on hold. The "hold" does not show on the mint site but the rejected credit card information will have been removed. if you check your orders and there is no credit card information anymore, that is your cue to call the mint and update the credit card information. You will talk to a representative and indicate what your issue is (i.e. my credit card no longer exists/hacked, etc). She will then transfer you to an automated system where you will securely enter new credit card information (the representative will be placed on hold during this process). After entering you updated credit card information you will be transferred back to the representative where she will verify name, exp. date, billing address etc. You can then check the mint site again and all new information will appear in your "in processing" orders. It happened so quickly in fact that my credit card emailed me the charge amounts while she was still on the phone,

I hope this helps those who have had hacked/expired credit cards since May. One last thing, all the representatives know about this and besides taking a bit of time, the process was very smooth Good Luck and sorry if this information already appeared on one of the other Morgan related threads.

You are the first one and only one did this.
    It seems you went through a "place order on the phone" process.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2021 9:10AM

@jeffas1974 said:
    Maybe a dumb question but is there really any difference between flippers and coin dealers besides the fact that dealers do it for a living and it’s just side income for flippers? Hope that everyone gets their coins soon. It feels like a lifetime since the first order in May.

Yes and no. Not all flippers are alike.

There are flippers that have no interest in coins but belong to buyers clubs. Sneakers, video games, coins... all the same. They are more like flea market dealers.

There are also coin collector flippers. They are more like coin dealers.

Personally, I don't see any practical difference between flippers, dealers, and collectors. They all just want the "rare" "valuable" coin for their own selfish purposes. But some of the pigs like to think they are more equal than the other pigs.

• Options
    edited October 19, 2021 11:37AM

CC updated and order processed for the CC and O. New card showing on order screen.
    CC pinged.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

But some of the pigs like to think they are more equal than the other pigs.

• Options

All of my CC are still backordered. Anyone else still?

• Options

Order of 3 D and 3 S shipped!

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    My cc info was blank but last night I was drooling over the order and it changed. My info popped up. Like to give me a stroke 😉

Will excess drool increase the potency to the point that O and CC orders are created out of thin air? Do you bottle and sell drool?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file