Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

****2021 Morgan and Peace Silver Dollar thread - Flipping Posts Welcome!*****

Comments

• Options
    seduloussedulous Posts: 3,153 ✭✭✭✭✭

@drjaycee said:
    I am just going to clarify the process for changing credit card information at the mint. I ordered the CC and O Morgans back in May and like many others, no longer have the credit card. My orders tried to process and were rejected obviously and then put on hold. The "hold" does not show on the mint site but the rejected credit card information will have been removed. if you check your orders and there is no credit card information anymore, that is your cue to call the mint and update the credit card information. You will talk to a representative and indicate what your issue is (i.e. my credit card no longer exists/hacked, etc). She will then transfer you to an automated system where you will securely enter new credit card information (the representative will be placed on hold during this process). After entering you updated credit card information you will be transferred back to the representative where she will verify name, exp. date, billing address etc. You can then check the mint site again and all new information will appear in your "in processing" orders. It happened so quickly in fact that my credit card emailed me the charge amounts while she was still on the phone,

I hope this helps those who have had hacked/expired credit cards since May. One last thing, all the representatives know about this and besides taking a bit of time, the process was very smooth Good Luck and sorry if this information already appeared on one of the other Morgan related threads.

Can you have more than one credit card in the US Mint system? I don't know if an invalid cc will then move to the alternative cc though.

A Barber Quartet is made up of Nickels, Dimes, Quarters, and Halves.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have 4 credit cards + PayPal listed with the mint. Every time I buy I’m offered a choice.

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:
    All of my CC are still backordered. Anyone else still?

Yes...

• Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2021 1:07PM

@sedulous said:

@drjaycee said:
    I am just going to clarify the process for changing credit card information at the mint. I ordered the CC and O Morgans back in May and like many others, no longer have the credit card. My orders tried to process and were rejected obviously and then put on hold. The "hold" does not show on the mint site but the rejected credit card information will have been removed. if you check your orders and there is no credit card information anymore, that is your cue to call the mint and update the credit card information. You will talk to a representative and indicate what your issue is (i.e. my credit card no longer exists/hacked, etc). She will then transfer you to an automated system where you will securely enter new credit card information (the representative will be placed on hold during this process). After entering you updated credit card information you will be transferred back to the representative where she will verify name, exp. date, billing address etc. You can then check the mint site again and all new information will appear in your "in processing" orders. It happened so quickly in fact that my credit card emailed me the charge amounts while she was still on the phone,

I hope this helps those who have had hacked/expired credit cards since May. One last thing, all the representatives know about this and besides taking a bit of time, the process was very smooth Good Luck and sorry if this information already appeared on one of the other Morgan related threads.

Can you have more than one credit card in the US Mint system? I don't know if an invalid cc will then move to the alternative cc though.

I tried that. It won't automatically move. You have to call and give them the number to charge the order to. I added a second good card last week and asked today if they could move the order that was on a bad card to an existing. You still have to be transferred to the secure line and add a new card number, even if it is already in their system as an approved method of payment.

• Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

Many merchants no longer allow employees to handle/access certain credit card/bank information for security reasons. They transfer the customer to an automated payment processing portal to complete payments, then verify the payment status afterwards. I always cringed when reciting my CC number, expiration date, security code, and zip code over the phone.

(l8-)>>

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,490 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tomthemailcarrier said:
    Yeah!!!! I just got off the phone with the U.S. Mint and was able to update my wife’s credit card information for 6 Morgan Silver dollars. The card had been compromised and I had thought that we’d be out of luck. Be persistent and you will succeed!

Can you go to the order page and verify the payment info has changed?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

So has any updated the credit card info when it was previously blank?

• Options
    TomthemailcarrierTomthemailcarrier Posts: 639 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Weather11am said:
    So has any updated the credit card info when it was previously blank?

Yes.

• Options
    edited October 19, 2021 5:41PM

Wow

This makes up for the shipping woes and then some

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭

So I have a question for those calling in to change credit cards. Was your order processing when you called in? What was the status of the credit card on the mints end when you called in? I called in this morning to change and they said my credit card status was pending and I was fine. I don't know how. Thanks

• Options
    TomthemailcarrierTomthemailcarrier Posts: 639 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OLC said:
    So I have a question for those calling in to change credit cards. Was your order processing when you called in? What was the status of the credit card on the mints end when you called in? I called in this morning to change and they said my credit card status was pending and I was fine. I don't know how. Thanks

Order said processing. The problem was that the previously listed credit card had been compromised. That card was listed under payment information until this morning. Then it became blank. The representative said that there was a hold on the order because of the credit card problem. As soon as I saw the earlier post about updating problem credit cards I acted. An earlier post detailed the steps involved in correcting it with the mint.

• Options
    Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

@Tomthemailcarrier said:

@OLC said:

Order said processing. The problem was that the previously listed credit card had been compromised. That card was listed under payment information until this morning. Then it became blank. The representative said that there was a hold on the order because of the credit card problem. As soon as I saw the earlier post about updating problem credit cards I acted. An earlier post detailed the steps involved in correcting it with the mint.

So your order was processing when you got it corrected? Not backorded?

• Options

I would call now before the rush

• Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    I hope you don’t mind all the questions TomTheMailCarrier.

This is all very exciting news and even I’m want to run around the forum giving high 5s.

It does sound like they are trying to be helpful on the credit card issues on this one. When I called in I received no pushback, just help. Also the first time I called in the credit card system was down so I had to call back later. Again just be patient. I talked to 3 nice ladies in the south today, all quite pleasant.

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    I would call now before the rush

Yes. They are sending emails to the people with issues, I have not received my email yet but called when I saw processing.

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blu62vette said:

@OLC said:

I did the same today, it took a while, 53 minutes becuase a supervisor had to get free to do it but they were all very nice, just be prepared to be patient. As soon as I hung up I got a text from my credit card saying the charge hit.

>

I just updated my credit card with Sabrina after about five minutes on hold. She verified my account information, linked me to the automated system to enter the card number while she was put on hold, then she came back on the line to get the expiration information and voila, my order status was changed from “on hold” to “processing”. Actually, a pretty slick system.

The amazing thing to me is how many times I get the same CSR on the line, usually Sabrina or Destiny.

Tim

• Options

Those names sound familiar. I would like to say “ hip hip hurrah to the mint. Even if it gets funky again, I really appreciate the improved response and service. It’s just refreshing to hear most everyone being able to get help, as well as give help. Just saying 👍🏼

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2021 7:52PM

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    ... I really appreciate the improved response and service. It’s just refreshing to hear most everyone being able to get help, as well as give help. Just saying 👍🏼

It sounds to me like the PCGS Forum Training Team (i.e. All of you!) has done a GREAT Job training these US Mint CSR's in carrying out their CSR duties!

You have certainly put US Mint CSR's through their paces over the past few months and getting them up to speed to handle the October onslaught of most US Mint CSR duties!

BST references available on request

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭✭✭

My cc order still shows backordered, but my credit card info now shows, when it was missing before. Should I call?

• Options
    edited October 19, 2021 8:29PM

@jwitten said:
    My cc order still shows backordered, but my credit card info now shows, when it was missing before. Should I call?

I did not see you were backordered. Mine said processing. So maybe. Sorry 😉
    No, I think your good Did the dollar amount fill in? When my payment info appeared last night, the dollar amount filled in for the first time. Maybe try a call just for comfort sake 🤠

• Options

@pointfivezero said:
    Just wanted to add one note about my experience updating the credit card number. I never received an email from the Mint informing me the card on file failed as they stated would occur. I believe my order was on hold for at least two days based on when others here had their cards pinged. Had it not been for word of mouth from the kind members here as well as my brother, I'm wondering if my order would have eventually been cancelled with no notification.

Tim

how did you know that you had to update your credit card?

• Options

my peace dollar order is still on backorder. should i be worried?

• Options
    vulcanizevulcanize Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mintymint said:
    my peace dollar order is still on backorder. should i be worried?

Nope. Just relax.

Only the D & S have been shown as processing for me and the other four CC, O, P and the peace are all still in backorder. ;)

• Options
    edited October 20, 2021 4:12AM

It took 4 attempts for me to get the CC updated. The first two times I was told that the CC processing system was down and to call back in two hours. The third time I was placed on hold while they checked on the CC processing and was disconnected. On the 4th time I went to the secure line, input the new CC number and was transferred back to the agent, whom I chatted with for a few minutes until an agent with the processing department became available. I was transferred to that agent who asked for the expiration date and code, then said she was making sure it processed. As she was talking, I was refreshing both the mint's page and the bank's page. When she told me the charges went through, I verified both the mint page and the bank page were updated before hanging up. This was for a CC that was canceled on my end due to a compromise after the order was made.

• Options

Peace and Philly backorder for everyone. Different results for each other on the rest. CC and Peace dollar are only ones I bought. CC is processing and credit card information added by mint

• Options
    spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    edited October 20, 2021 4:27AM

I'm wondering if there will be some "proof like" coins in this release? Maybe they will all qualify for proof like quality.

• Options

The reverse proof won’t but some others might. So far, not that I’ve seen 😉

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

With them releasing everything at the same time hope there is a way to figure out without opening the box what is what…good times

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

For reference, these are the PCGS First Strike submission numbers:
    O privy 877715
    S 877716
    CC privy 877717
    P 877718
    D 877719
    Peace 877720

So far no posted starting First Strike date has been indicated. All graded as of this morning in Coin Facts are "Advance Release" 70's which use a different PCGS number.

And interestingly, all 6 are classified as COMMEMORATIVES. 100th Anniversary.

• Options
    fox9487fox9487 Posts: 285 ✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:
    With them releasing everything at the same time hope there is a way to figure out without opening the box what is what…good times

Just use the tracking number.

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@spotthedog said:
    I'm wondering if there will be some "proof like" coins in this release? Maybe they will all qualify for proof like quality.

"The 2021 Morgan and Peace dollars, struck to recognize the 100th anniversary of the transition from the Morgan to Peace dollar series, will be offered at $85 per coin. All of the versions are being struck with an Uncirculated finish in .999 fine silver."
    Source

Unless I am mistaken, "uncirculated" coins are supposed to have a matte appearance, as they are struck on burnished blanks.
    Reference

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭✭✭

I called the mint to ask about my order of 10 CC and 10 O that only half are processing. It originally had missing credit card info, but switched to processing and was half charged anyways. She connected me to the line to re-enter my credit card info, but then she said it did not take it, so it looks like everything was ok, and for some reason only half the coins switched to processing for now. I am assuming the O switched and the CC did not yet, as on another account, I made a separate order for the O coins and the CC coins, and the O's are processing and the CC are still not. I've seen several post that their CC coins are processing... anyone other than me still have the CC coins not switch to processing?

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mintymint said:

@pointfivezero said:
    Just wanted to add one note about my experience updating the credit card number. I never received an email from the Mint informing me the card on file failed as they stated would occur. I believe my order was on hold for at least two days based on when others here had their cards pinged. Had it not been for word of mouth from the kind members here as well as my brother, I'm wondering if my order would have eventually been cancelled with no notification.

Tim

how did you know that you had to update your credit card?

Hi @mintymint. The credit card I used on the August pre-orders was involved in some fraudulent activity and was promptly cancelled by Capital One. They Fed Ex’d me a new card the next day but obviously, with a new CC number. Since the Mint will only charge the original card when the product is released, I knew I needed to update it.

Tim

• Options
    OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭

@jwitten said:
    I called the mint to ask about my order of 10 CC and 10 O that only half are processing. It originally had missing credit card info, but switched to processing and was half charged anyways. She connected me to the line to re-enter my credit card info, but then she said it did not take it, so it looks like everything was ok, and for some reason only half the coins switched to processing for now. I am assuming the O switched and the CC did not yet, as on another account, I made a separate order for the O coins and the CC coins, and the O's are processing and the CC are still not. I've seen several post that their CC coins are processing... anyone other than me still have the CC coins not switch to processing?

My O's are processing but the CC are not. FYI

• Options
    jeffas1974jeffas1974 Posts: 344 ✭✭✭

It's too bad the mint doesn't have something like what the deli counter at the grocery store uses where you can see what order number they're currently serving (shipping) assuming that they even ship in order according to order number.

• Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:

I was one of the last ones to get thru on 5/27 using pay pal and getting one cc and one o Now paypal sent me email and i noticed i only got charged for one and yet on the mints order page it shows I ordered one of each at 174 dollars and yet when you click on that order it is only showing 1 . I saw someone else posted with this same problem using pay pal so will see if they contact me or just charge my credit card in the end.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

not sure anyone has noticed, but there is little to no interest on all the newer d and s morgan auctions that are one to two days old, you can tell by the page looks, someone just sold 3 d morgans for 350, thats just over 115 each, possible returns coming back to mint?
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/384445507530?hash=item5982bce7ca:g:Nc8AAOSw6WBhZ4H8&nma=true&si=VAvHeDciUvuf3z9JQ2YxM6BkWxI%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

• Options
    edited October 20, 2021 8:24AM

Seeing a couple of new listings for the CC under $300 from sellers with over 1k reviews and 100% rating.

• Options
    edited October 20, 2021 9:26AM

There is going to be a certain ( even 1000 positive and 100percent) amount of people who need cash flow or pay the bills. The peace dollar and the cc will sell for more. I remember most issues being available for cheap at different times. Once these are in hand let the price be set. My opinion thanks 🤠

I recall the “pride of two nations” and on this very forum, it was suggested to wait and get one later. That was July. In November I purchased a complete “fresh” set for $110. Free shipping. Doesn’t happen every time but most of the time 🙀

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

well, there are just over 100 morgan d listings now. you can bet there will be over 1,000 soon, it's all about supply and demand. the supply side is already met and some with the current listings. i see a fall out like the reverse silver proof set

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file