Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

****2021 Morgan and Peace Silver Dollar thread - Flipping Posts Welcome!*****

Comments

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2021 7:56AM

@HATTRICK said:
    when will shipping begin ? Throw a dart at Bullsitter's Mint Shipping Wheel. B)

post it please 😉

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 15,035 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like the non-privy Morgans have stabilized and the CC and O might be drifting downward toward that price point.

The Peace Dollar is stronger than the bulk of the Morgans. I think this makes sense as it was the only issue of it's design and I suspect will be a knockout in person.

Now if for some reason these are issued every year going forward, I expect mintages of future issues - and prices of this year's coins - to drop.

• Options
    fathomfathom Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:
    Sounds like the non-privy Morgans have stabilized and the CC and O might be drifting downward toward that price point.

The Peace Dollar is stronger than the bulk of the Morgans. I think this makes sense as it was the only issue of it's design and I suspect will be a knockout in person.

Now if for some reason these are issued every year going forward, I expect mintages of future issues - and prices of this year's coins - to drop.

It really will depend on the Mint marketing and feedback from Congress and us.

If they are issued continually every year the Mint will have to decide if they want to retain perceived valuation as present, or run up revenues, increase mintages and sit with inventory.

They know they have a sellout at 250K pretty much every year on each product.

I would vote limit production.

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2021 1:11PM

@HATTRICK said:

BST references available on request

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@HATTRICK said:

post it please 😉

I will leave that to Bullsitter to do if he wants. Looks like the new wheel from @HoneyMarket is as difficult as the
    Mint is these days. Making me as dizzy looking at it as is thinking about the the cluster&%$# that is soon to occur.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HATTRICK said:

I hope next week.... :#

• Options

Here’s uncle Rick’s offer

• Options
    vulcanizevulcanize Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 7, 2021 5:20PM

The guy who calls me on the phone every now and then from Long Island has the set going for 500$ cheaper at 2495 USD and Expected ship date is Nov 25th 2021.

bullionsharks.com/2021-morgan-and-peace-dollar-pcgs-ms70-first-day-of-issue-100th-anniversary-6-pc-complete-set/

Edited to add info

• Options
    coinandcurrency242coinandcurrency242 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭

Is it a bad sign that my peace and morgan dollars still say backorder?

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a sign of anything bad

Situation normal

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    edited October 7, 2021 5:49PM

@MsMorrisine said:
    Not a sign of anything bad

Situation normal

Back in my day, the saying started out as "Situation Normal", but added *** ****** **!

o:)

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

Getting closer to the date for Mint managed Mayham.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

So what is 1st Strike cut-off date for the Morgan and Peace Dollars? I don't see it listed but I would think it will be 30 days from when they start shipping. However,,,,,,,, when did the reverse proof Silver Eagles first start shipping? I thought is was just recently but 1st Strike cut-off is next week. Did some of the Silver Eagles actually ship shortly after they took orders? I did not think so.

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

@GRANDAM said:
    Did some of the Silver Eagles actually ship shortly after they took orders? I did not think so.

I'm guessing that somebody's order with ultra-fast next day shipping (from the mint) was submitted and started the clock.

(l8-)>>

• Options
    edited October 8, 2021 4:10AM

Several of us have received our 2-coin sets.
    There’s a very good thread on reverse proof sets. Check it out

• Options
    goldgirlgoldgirl Posts: 159 ✭✭

I chose overnight, received next day AFTER I had to go find the address in my neighborhood FedEx actually delivered it to. It was delivered to a business with my same address number but the wrong street. If I hadn't gone looking for it and found it myself I probably would never had gotten it. FedEx sent me an email after I gave them a few choice words about me having to chase all over the neighborhood to find it, their reply was it was delivered to the correct address until I asked the man at the business to call them and tell them they actually delivered it to his business then I got an apology email from FedEx😒 Sorry to rant😔

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 8, 2021 8:22AM

@edgar said:
    I'm guessing that somebody's order with ultra-fast next day shipping (from the mint) was submitted and started the clock.

Not saying that it is always the case, but the FS "clock" seems to be tied to the release date in some instances, rather than the first submission. Take, for example, the next three (non-ornament) Mint releases. They are already on the FS schedule.

Source

• Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

@MetroD said:

@edgar said:

Not saying that it is always the case, but the FS "clock" seems to be tied to the release date in some instances, rather than the first submission. Take, for example, the next three (non-ornament) Mint releases. They are already on the FS schedule.

Agreed, and that defines the dilemma of the "soon to be shipped" Morgan/Peace coins.

(l8-)>>

• Options

get ready for the Morgan & Peace Ship O Rama. It should be a lot of fun.

I have sold all of mine to another forum member. Used money to buy other shiny proofs that I like better.

I hope he gets all 70's. Good luck to all waiting on their orders.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options

Why is luck involved?

• Options
    edited October 11, 2021 7:21AM

Because you are dealing with the mint. After seeing some of the new reverse proofs with horrid spots, l believe luck has a lot to do with it. Not to mention the possibility of what can happen during shipping.
    I don’t know about you but just because you or me think it’s a 70 only the TPG decide. With all of those variables? Luck is part of the deal. Just my opinion 🙀🤠

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree about the luck part. With the 2019s erp you had a better chance of getting a 70, I got a 69 first time through and a couple on this forum did worse than that. Unlucky

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    edited October 11, 2021 7:44AM

Yes sir. As I remember, there was a 65 and some 66 listed, although I don’t know if members here received them. Can you imagine 🙀😉

• Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

The dealers are finally starting to offer the Morgan and Peace dollars. I ordered a complete set PCGS MS70 FDOI. I paid more than I should have, but I really want these coins and this was the easiest and most reliable way for me to get them.

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is anyone thinking about getting multi-coin holders?

I’m thinking a few different options
    O & CC privies two coin holder
    P D & S three coin holder
    All Morgan 5 coin holder
    All 6 (including peace) together.

I know the CC may do the best with resale in a single holder though… probably the peace as well.

Thought?

It's all about what the people want...

• Options

did you ask pcgs if they have holders that fit 3, 4, 5, 6 ... ASE sized coins?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    edited October 11, 2021 11:51AM

@MsMorrisine said:
    did you ask pcgs if they have holders that fit 3, 4, 5, 6 ... ASE sized coins?

I was looking at the NGC website, they have an “up to 6 coin holder”

I have some bucks over there I need to spend, but no voucher for PCGS as I let my membership lapse.

If you have info on PCGS multi coin holders (or lack thereof) please share with the class

Thanks

• Options

I’ve never seen a multi coin holder over 2 ase

I’ve seen pcgs 5 quarter holders

I’d call NGC beforehand too

• Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Has there been any movement at all on shipping?

• Options
    Peace_dollar88Peace_dollar88 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LukeMarshall said:
    Is anyone thinking about getting multi-coin holders?

I’m thinking a few different options
    O & CC privies two coin holder
    P D & S three coin holder
    All Morgan 5 coin holder
    All 6 (including peace) together.

I know the CC may do the best with resale in a single holder though… probably the peace as well.

Thought?

I think it would be cool to do an orignal peace with the centennial in a dual holder setup

• Options

@kimber45ACP said:
    Has there been any movement at all on shipping?

None here - Still showing as "backordered" on my end.

• Options

Finest Known has them for $375 each in PCGS 70 FDOI. (Pre Order) .

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Because you are dealing with the mint. After seeing some of the new reverse proofs with horrid spots, l believe luck has a lot to do with it. Not to mention the possibility of what can happen during shipping.
    I don’t know about you but just because you or me think it’s a 70 only the TPG decide. With all of those variables? Luck is part of the deal. Just my opinion 🙀🤠

OK, but when I order something from the Mint I assume that it will be as ordered no issues, no luck necessary.

My experience has been excellent but I am not a huge buyer.

• Options
    smuglrsmuglr Posts: 407 ✭✭✭

OK, but when I order something from the Mint I assume that it will be as ordered no issues, no luck necessary.

My experience has been excellent but I am not a huge buyer.

ASSUME a trusting/risky? outlook. The quality from the USM used to be very reliable - not so much recently. A number of forum members with some poor quality ASE RP coins. Also hazing and flaw/marks on a lot of proof coins lately - proof coins are supposedly specially handled and should be fairly reliable for a 69 or 70 - not so from the USM in 2020/2021.

• Options

My WW2 ase privy. Ugly haze from day one. There’s no returning an item like that. Luck of the draw. There’s stacks of these and someone randomly grabs one.
    Assume There’s an old saying about that. I’ve been on the bad end of assuming.
    Only in a fantasy world does “expect perfection “and “humans “ exist.

• Options
    U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

@kimber45ACP said:

Anyone ever hear of them or buy something from them? Isn’t that well below the current price of the CC?

• Options

@kimber45ACP said:

Yes, it does cost almost double, but it probably makes more sense to just buy all six of them graded MS 70 than to take a gamble, buying it on the flubbing mint site on the release date for 85$ each and later sending it in for grading etc.
    Am sure all those who missed out the O and CC in May would be taking that route ;)

• Options
    edited October 11, 2021 2:36PM

@U1chicago said:

@kimber45ACP said:

Anyone ever hear of them or buy something from them? Isn’t that well below the current price of the CC?

I found them on the Master Online US Coin Dealer List on the coin talk website

• Options

In the old days we would check with the Better Business Bureau. Is that even a thing?

• Options

And we think we have it rough 🤠

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    And we think we have it rough 🤠

Happy Ending!

https://twitter.com/CPW_NE/status/1447601850878812161

• Options

@U1chicago said:

@kimber45ACP said:

Adam Crums Finest Known, formerly Monaco Rare Coins. They are legit, I have dealt with them before.

They also have competitive prices on the Arum Goldback notes

• Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

As I suspected, MCM/Govmint is offering a full set signed by John Mercanti for $2,995. Most of MCM’s U.S. coins are signed by Mercanti. He has absolutely nothing to do with the Morgan and Peace dollars, yet they had him sign the NGC labels. For that reason alone, I would not buy them no matter what price they charge.

• Options

Prices on graded coins going up and will probably go higher. Finest already up $ 44 to $ 54 per coin for MS70.

• Options

@HATTRICK said:
    Prices on graded coins going up and will probably go higher. Finest already up $ 44 to $ 54 per coin for MS70.

@vulcanize said:
    The guy who calls me on the phone every now and then from Long Island has the set going for 500$ cheaper at 2495 USD and Expected ship date is Nov 25th 2021.

bullionsharks.com/2021-morgan-and-peace-dollar-pcgs-ms70-first-day-of-issue-100th-anniversary-6-pc-complete-set/

Just observed that the prices in the above store link I had posted last week has gone up by 500$ and is now at 2995 USD for the MS 70 set of 6 and there is also a 2021 Morgan and Peace Dollar PCGS MS70 Advanced Release 100th Anniversary 6-pc Complete Set for $2,795.00 (no clue as to what the advanced release entails)

• Options

Can someone remind me again...

What was the estimated ship date on the Morgan (21XE) and Peace (21XH) Silver Dollars??

I know it's only been two months since we ordered these but I forgot what the estimated ship dates were supposed to be??

(Note: I'm going to ask the same question in the other threads dealing with other coins that I have on backorder or forever processing).

• Options

I HATE this website and it's crappy software sometimes!!!!

"Your Comment will appear after it is approved"

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ happens with 60% of the posts that I type up and then edit.
    My original post goes off to never never land and is put in the Bit Bucket!

I know of no other website where comments just disappear into thin air just because one chooses to edit their posting!

Hey Mod's, do you ever actually see these edit'd posts...and do you do anything with them??? Or is this just a bug in your forum software???

• Options

@HoneyMarket said:
    Can someone remind me again...

What was the estimated ship date on the Morgan (21XE) and Peace (21XH) Silver Dollars??

I know it's only been two months since we ordered these but I forgot what the estimated ship dates were supposed to be??

(Note: I'm going to ask the same question in the other threads dealing with other coins that I have on backorder or forever processing).

I went back to page 13 of this thread and read some post that the 21XE and 21XH were due to ship November 15th.

We'll see!

• Options
    edited October 13, 2021 2:14PM

Bingo! I called and since orders are processing, not mine, but others, I asked if they could update my card and they said yes. They switched me to a secure line, I entered my CC number, they switched back for the expiration date and code, then said it was updated. I'll see if it steps to processing. Currently in the backorder state.

• Options
    edited October 13, 2021 2:01PM

@kimber45ACP said:
    Bingo! I called and since orders are processing, not mine, but others, I asked if they could update my card and they said yes. They switched me to a secure line, I entered my CC number, they switched back for the expiration date and code, then said it was updated. I'll see if it steps to processing.

What Coin Purchase?? These thread has multiple coin purchase discussions?

The only coin that I'm aware of, that recently started processing, is the 2021 ASE 1oz Proof Coin (S) (21EMN).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file