Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

****2021 Morgan and Peace Silver Dollar thread - Flipping Posts Welcome!*****

Comments

• Options
    SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 405 ✭✭✭

A complete set on eBay of NGC 70's ended a day or two ago for just over $3,100.

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

As your favorite rapper says, “this sh** about to get real”

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    NorCalJackNorCalJack Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I think I have a problem and I would welcome any suggestions. So I was looking at my last credit card statement and realized that someone had made some fraudulent purchases on my card. So I contacted the Credit Card company and had them reversed and they cancelled my card and issued a new card.

The following day I realized that I had used the card to purchase the 21 Peace Dollar. So after they are made US Mint will try and charge my card and it will be declined. Then they will cancel my order, I am afraid.

I plan on calling customer service tomorrow, but hopefully I get someone that is competent enough to help me out.

Anyone ever have this happen or any suggestions.

Thanks

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 23, 2021 8:02PM

@NorCalJack said:
    Well I think I have a problem and I would welcome any suggestions. So I was looking at my last credit card statement and realized that someone had made some fraudulent purchases on my card. So I contacted the Credit Card company and had them reversed and they cancelled my card and issued a new card.

The following day I realized that I had used the card to purchase the 21 Peace Dollar. So after they are made US Mint will try and charge my card and it will be declined. Then they will cancel my order, I am afraid.

I plan on calling customer service tomorrow, but hopefully I get someone that is competent enough to help me out.

Thanks

Several people here have this problem

You will get a variety of answers from the 1-800#

The best we can tell is they can’t change the payment method and the order will be cancelled.

“””””””””””””””””””””””

Some 1-800# people have said they will change it when it gets ready to ship.

My point is - if it can be changed why not do it now? (because they can’t)

-/-/-/-/-/-/

Before you talk to a 1-800# person … get the order number of your backordered items. Use option #2 to get the automated system. Listen to the status. Recently the system states it will ship either “today” or “tomorrow”

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NorCalJack said:

Thanks

You will have better results if you call the number on the back of your card and tell them to carry forward U.S. Mint charges to the new card. You may need to tell them the exact amount of the charges you want applied to the new card. All the credit card companies have different rules on this.

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@djm said:

@NorCalJack said:

Thanks

You will have better results if you call the number on the back of your card and tell them to carry forward U.S. Mint charges to the new card. You may need to tell them the exact amount of the charges you want applied to the new card. All the credit card companies have different rules on this.

I did not realize that was possible (in general, not specific to the mint). Thank you!

• Options

If you can get them to allow charges on the old card let us know

Many are in the same situation

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am still anxiously awaiting the shipping and delivery of these silver dollars. I am very curious to see if any are blessed with PL or DMPL surfaces. THAT is where the killing will be made IMO!!!

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here’s some pictures from a forum member CCDollar. Only photos I know of.

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    SeatedTonersSeatedToners Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

I've lost track of this thread.

are the mintage limits on the morgans and peace removed now?

before it said 175k and now there is no limits on the mint website.

• Options
    edited September 26, 2021 8:52AM

@SeatedToners said:

before it said 175k and now there is no limits

Product 175,000 mintage? Good point

• Options
    Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

@SeatedToners said:

There could still be a last minute set coming out this year with all of them!

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 26, 2021 9:19AM

maybe Ryder was fired because he would not do the six coin set and now the new Director wants to start with a big seller like a six coin set. >:)
    remember "the mint is like a box of chocolates"

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    FlipsFlips Posts: 83 ✭✭✭
    edited September 26, 2021 11:11AM

@SeatedToners said:

Mintage limits were never set from the beginning. The product limit is 175k. Bring on a six coin set!

Screen shots from the mint website are on the original thread (page 2 or 3) if you want proof.

• Options

• Options

Flips ,I like the idea but they are having trouble finding their rearends with gps ( in the old days we’d say both hands and a roadmap). October 1st limited edition set. They haven’t shipped my RP 2-coin set. My burnished are somewhere between Memphis and who knows? eBay and PayPal are screaming about 30 days. And all those Morgan’s and the peace dollar to bill and ship.

• Options
    PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dirt94 said:

@SeatedToners said:

There could still be a last minute set coming out this year with all of them!

Not according to this Mint release back in May....

• Options
    edited September 26, 2021 1:01PM

an omission here, an omission there The US Mint is the place where they say hay babe, take a walk on Ryder's side.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options

Lou Reed

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

Back in May, the official Mint stance was ....

"Production of the five 2021 Morgan Silver Dollars will halt at 875,000. No more than 200,000 of the 2021 Peace Silver Dollars will be made. 2021 Morgan and Peace dollar products will stay at the current six — no set combinations or other options will be offered."
    Source

• Options
    FlipsFlips Posts: 83 ✭✭✭

Then why not make the mintage number 175k???

• Options

Because the mint can hardly find… you know the rest.

• Options
    DrDarrylDrDarryl Posts: 585 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://congress.gov/116/plaws/publ286/PLAW-116publ286.pdf

PUBLIC LAW 116–286—JAN. 5, 2021 required (authorized) the Secretary of the Treasury to honor the 100th anniversary of completion of coinage of the ‘‘Morgan Dollar’’ and the 100th anniversary of commencement of coinage of the ‘‘Peace Dollar’’, and for other purposes.

PUBLIC LAW 116–286—JAN. 5, 2021 does not state a mintage limit.

In my opinion, the US Mint's production capacity and schedule bounded their original stated mintage limit of 875,000, with a perceived deadline of December 2021 (see Sec. 2 Findings, (1)).

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DrDarryl said:
    https://congress.gov/116/plaws/publ286/PLAW-116publ286.pdf

PUBLIC LAW 116–286—JAN. 5, 2021 required (authorized) the Secretary of the Treasury to honor the 100th anniversary of completion of coinage of the ‘‘Morgan Dollar’’ and the 100th anniversary of commencement of coinage of the ‘‘Peace Dollar’’, and for other purposes.

PUBLIC LAW 116–286—JAN. 5, 2021 does not state a mintage limit.

In my opinion, the US Mint's production capacity and schedule bounded their original stated mintage limit of 875,000, with a perceived deadline of December 2021 (see Sec. 2 Findings, (1)).

Agreed.

"Mint officials would have liked to offer more ['items/coins'], but they lacked the time and, most significantly, supplies."

"At one point in the discussion, Mint director Ryder said: "We just don’t have enough silver blanks.""
    Source

• Options
    SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 851 ✭✭✭✭✭

I cannot provide the source link, but the mint did reveal earlier in the year that they had purchased 1,075,000 of the planchets. Recall that the planchets are unique - differing in size and troy oz of silver from ASE planchets, for example. Thus, a cap of 1,075,000 of these Morgan and Peace coins can be produced from the original planchet procurement.

The mint stated the intended distribution in their product limits for each of the offerings. If the information regarding planchet procurement is correct, and no other procurement was attempted, then mintage limit = product limit....unless the unsold/unused planchets are reshuffled across the various 2021 Morgan/Peace products, or a very limited 'full set' product is offered. I doubt that either of these possibilities will happen, and any unused planchets will be either melted, or retained for likely 2022 Morgan and/or Peace products.

However, with about 14,100 planchets not currently accounted for in product sales, one could, hypothetically, produce about 2,820 five-coin 2021 Morgan sets, or 2,350 six-coin Morgan and Peace sets. Not happening.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • Options

on September 20th 2021 @MsMorrisine said:

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

CC & O

about 150 listings

20 "new listing"

46 listings ending in under 7 days

CC - $415 - $450 - trend is slightly downward

O - $300 - $350 - trend is downward

D & S

about 150 listings

true auctions $150 - $175 and a few above that - flat

P Morgan and Peace

P Morgan - about fifteen listings

Peace - about fifteen listings

==

P Morgan - around $120 - towards $175 - flat

Peace - $215 - $250(a few) - trend flat but watching recents for any move up

=-=-=-=-
    =-=-=-=-

6 coin sets

14 listings

BINs $1500 - $1750

true auctions $1281, $1460, $1675

CC & O

about 150 listings

22 "new listing"

29 listings ending in under 7 days

CC - $400 area - trend is downward

O - $300 area - trend is downward

D & S

about 140 listings

true auctions $160 - $170 - flat

P Morgan and Peace

P Morgan - about twelve listings

==

P Morgan - $155 - $170 - slightly up

Peace - $225 - $250 - more recents are bid higher end of range

=-=-=-=-
    =-=-=-=-

6 coin sets

about 17 listings

all BINs this week - $1500 - $1700 - flat

true auctions xxxxxx

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 15,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 28, 2021 1:10AM

Thx for these stats. Between a friend and I we got 3 of each except the CC and O. I contemplated canceling some of the orders but seems like we are still comfortably in the black.

• Options
    edited September 28, 2021 4:02PM

@MsMorrisine said:

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:

D & S

about 140 listings

P Morgan and Peace

==

after wondering why the number of listings for the P and Peace were lower than for D&S, I found that I had the settings on "Auctions" only instead of all.

future numbers will be "all"

a glance at each last night showed similar numbers of listings for the P & Peace

• Options

thanks for the updates

• Options

So are these still slated to be shipped sometime this month? Or is still up in the air with Oct/Nov?

• Options

@originalsandman said:
    So are these still slated to be shipped sometime this month? Or is still up in the air with Oct/Nov?

The most accurate answer possible is: "The Mint is like a box of chocolates"

• Options

Eenie meenie chili beanie the spirits are about to speak. Are they friendly? Just listen (Maybe)

• Options
    originalsandmanoriginalsandman Posts: 155 ✭✭✭
    edited September 29, 2021 7:53AM

walked right into those didnt I? :D

• Options
    fathomfathom Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Mint has certainly given themselves enough of a window for production and shipping so I would be surprised at a prolonged delay.

They are setting records on sales, so pretty productive.

Surprised if they are watching Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoons.

• Options

an omission here, an omission there The US Mint is the place where they say hay babe, take a walk on Ryder's side.

With all the speculation about the remaining difference of coins sold to the product limits, I believe no more will be produced or sold. To do so may put the nail in the coffin for limited editions in the future ???????????

• Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone know when these are supposed to ship?

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Eenie meenie chili beanie the spirits are about to speak. Are they friendly? Just listen (Maybe)

@thebigeng said:

• Options

@thebigeng said:

Does anyone remember back when ordering was taking place what the expected ship date was for any or all of these?

• Options

October 15th. CC and O. Some were November I have talked to them and they say they will run the payment before shipping so look for that

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    October 15th. CC and O. Some were November I have talked to them and they say they will run the payment before shipping so look for that

Thanks! That’s the date I had in mind for some reason. We’ll see if this holds true.

• Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 4, 2021 9:18PM

.> @thebigeng said:

All 6 pages indicate the same thing

"Pre-ordering window starts May 24 at noon and closes on June 7 at 3pm ET or until inventory depleted
    Product shipments will begin in October"

I just hope they favorably resolve the missing payment data issues

(l8-)>>

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

once these start to ship it will be interesting to see where the secondary market prices go, i think most people are waiting for that before buying

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:

• Options
    edited October 5, 2021 11:37PM

on September 27th 2021 @MsMorrisine said:

CC & O

about 150 listings

22 "new listing"

29 listings ending in under 7 days

CC - $400 area - trend is downward

O - $300 area - trend is downward

D & S

about 140 listings

P Morgan and Peace

==

P Morgan - $155 - $170 - slightly up

Peace - $225 - $250 - more recents are bid higher end of range

=-=-=-=-
    =-=-=-=-

6 coin sets

about 17 listings

all BINs this week - $1500 - $1700 - flat

true auctions xxxxxx

CC & O

about 190 listings

21 "new listing"

33 listings ending in under 7 days

CC - just under $400 area - trend is still downward

O - just under $300 area - trend is still downward

D & S

about 160 listings

true auctions $175 area - edging up

P Morgan and Peace

P Morgan - about 90 listings

Peace - about 90 listings

==

P Morgan - $165 - $175 - flat - very few true auctions

Peace - $220 - lost the mid-range $200s from week before

=-=-=-=-
    =-=-=-=-

6 coin sets

about 35 listings

just a couple this week - $1500 - flat

BINs not much stronger

• Options

when will shipping begin ? Throw a dart at Bullsitter's Mint Shipping Wheel. B)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file