coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

that works, now i can keep my dentist appointment

• Options
    philographerphilographer Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did not see anything become available at 7 or 7:30

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

ASE S mint turned red but not long enough to get them in the cart just froze up

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,356 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:

@DelawareDoons said:
    Who is the best dealer to lock these in with right now? The set as a whole is going for something ridiculous on eBay right now, 1475 broken down as single coins. Nuts, between myself and a few friends that picked them up, I'm responsible for finding a buyer for 19 complete sets. :neutral:

@HashTag said:
    I’ve said it before and I’ll aid it again; I have zero use for the US Mint. Come on crypto.
    The mint and flippers are just plain greedy (deadly sin). Collectors just want to build collections. There’s a lot more to collecting than making a few hundred bucks.

Lmfao

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@MsMorrisine said:

@DelawareDoons said:
    Who is the best dealer to lock these in with right now? The set as a whole is going for something ridiculous on eBay right now, 1475 broken down as single coins. Nuts, between myself and a few friends that picked them up, I'm responsible for finding a buyer for 19 complete sets. :neutral:

@HashTag said:
    I’ve said it before and I’ll aid it again; I have zero use for the US Mint. Come on crypto.
    The mint and flippers are just plain greedy (deadly sin). Collectors just want to build collections. There’s a lot more to collecting than making a few hundred bucks.

Lmfao

Had to look up lmfao and JM such language from a professor 😂🙀
    I must agree with you and I learned a new response. Thanks buddy 🙏

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    OKCCOKCC Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

Is it likely that the 2021 CC and O Morgan Dollars will become available in the mornings, since so many of them are still unsold?

• Options

@OKCC said:
    Is it likely that the 2021 CC and O Morgan Dollars will become available in the mornings, since so many of them are still unsold?

I believe no. I think they were time limited to a week 🤓

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@OKCC said:

I believe the time limit was for the presale window. The mint could put the remaining inventory on sale once the back orders are shipped.

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@MsMorrisine said:

@DelawareDoons said:

@HashTag said:

Lmfao

I didn’t picture you as a fa just a big giant a 🤪

• Options

@CoinMeister said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@OKCC said:

I believe the time limit was for the presale window. The mint could put the remaining inventory on sale once the back orders are shipped.

Interesting can you imagine how crazy it is going to be at the Mint! October hell. Buckle up 🤓🙀

• Options
    OKCCOKCC Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@OKCC said:

Were the D and S Morgans available for more than a weeks time?

• Options

I don’t think so. All of the Morgan’s and the peace dollar have the same time frame. Although. as said they might release some later

• Options
    mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,983 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm guessing the pricing for the O has to do with set completion

Sure it does. Psychology principles are alive and well in numismatics. Many a collector has been manipulated by psychological forces and will continue to be manipulated by psychological forces unless they have an awakening.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• Options
    liefgoldliefgold Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OKCC said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@OKCC said:

Were the D and S Morgans available for more than a weeks time?

I picked up some S's on 8/12, so 9 days after release.

liefgold
  • Options

All time frames are estimates only😁. Seems like it was 7-10 days there was a limit perhaps a better memory will weight in. Congratulations on getting one 🤓

• Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 756 ✭✭✭

Order Placed: Aug 17, 2021
    Order Number: USM1131XXXX

Backorder status, from Processing.

• Options

got some cancels this morning. :(

• Options

@mintymint said:

Sorry to hear that. Which ones if you don’t mind me asking?😢

• Options

it's going to be interesting to see what these sell for once they finally ship, most people will wait until these are onhand or shipped from the mint before they buy. who wants to pre pay 2 months in advance for one anyway?

• Options
    MWKMWK Posts: 59 ✭✭✭
    edited August 21, 2021 6:10PM

@coinpalice said:
    it's going to be interesting to see what these sell for once they finally ship, most people will wait until these are onhand or shipped from the mint before they buy. who wants to pre pay 2 months in advance for one anyway?

I would have gladly had the mint charge my credit card immediately upon placing the pre-order so that I wouldn't have to worry about something funny happening to my credit card. After all, the mint is no fly-by-night operation so it's highly unlikely they would charge me and then refuse to deliver product. Since the Federal Reserve sees fit to drive interest rates to zero, it's not like I'm even losing the use of the money if I were to pay months in advance before the product ever shipped.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,398 ✭✭✭✭✭

Supposedly it is the law.

But they do need a system upgrade.

They seem to be heading down the pre-sale road.

Therefore, need ability to change card info.

They also need the ability to change card info for a bit more complex situation.

Say a card I’d rejected day 1. We know what happens. You’re screwed out of your stuff. What about holding that inventory for 48 hours to correct the issue?

Didn’t they just broadcast a 48 hours to die email? Couldn’t this be done on an individual basis?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@mintymint said:

s and d

• Options
    edited August 22, 2021 5:19AM

@mintymint said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@mintymint said:

s and d

That seems like those wouldn’t have been the hardest hit not like the CC or the peace dollar. Thanks I’m collecting a little info about this release. Thanks 🤓🙀🙏

• Options

how bad will price tank once everyone receives them. below retail price?

• Options

no one really knows at this point, if they do, their will be a lot of order cancellations

• Options

@coinpalice said:
    no one really knows at this point, if they do, their will be a lot of order cancellations

wasn't aware you could cancel. if i was usmint i wouldn't allow it lol

• Options

like jm said 95 percent of mint products drop to about issue price or lower once the interest dies down and i agree with that

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HATTRICK said:
    MsMorrisine,

Thanks for the updates. Your time and effort is appreciated. :)

Yes, what @HATTRICK said... I look forward to your updates and review them thoroughly.

Keep em coming!

Tim

• Options

@mintymint said:

@coinpalice said:

wasn't aware you could cancel. if i was usmint i wouldn't allow it lol

They've been struggling with this for years.

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 24, 2021 6:51AM

Canceling isn’t hard. As long as you do so before the item ships. Even then, you can return the item within 7 days after you receive it. The hard part there is waiting for the reimbursement by the mint.

Lately, the hard part is once you get a “Your Item Has Shipped!” email -the item takes days for the item to be picked up by the USPS for actual shipping. Days seem to go by before you actually see the tracking information show your item is on the move.
    I can’t wait for October/November. All of the backordered items are going to be a huge cluster. Wait for it…..

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    Golden1Golden1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭

I think the current price is meaningless on these coins with a delivery date so far out.
    I'm still betting the Peace dollars will do very well. Morgans, I don't know?

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@MsMorrisine said:

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

numbers constantly changing on these because
    1. many issues during first day of sale taking longer to clear up
    2. continuing to review for over HHL, Bots ect. and cancelling orders

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

I still cannot figure out why no dealers are offering the Morgan and Peace dollars for pre-sale. It makes no sense. I have purchased coins that I have had to wait 3 months for, but these coins are not striking up any interest with the dealers. What a fiasco.

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JeffM said:
    I still cannot figure out why no dealers are offering the Morgan and Peace dollars for pre-sale. It makes no sense. I have purchased coins that I have had to wait 3 months for, but these coins are not striking up any interest with the dealers. What a fiasco.

They are trying to buy up inventory as cheap as possible under the radar as in past presale prices of graded product drove up cost of raw coins. Prices for these coins will be high when they go live. 70's will bring top dollar. May be short lived but will hit the ground running.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options

• Options

A hunski. That’s a pretty big risk vs. profit and a fair amount of work. Not something I would like. I feel the battle wounds and they are still fresh. $100 makes my time worth about $3.00 an hour 🤓🙀

• Options
    NorCalJackNorCalJack Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I'm a little new to buying mint products direct from the mint. So I have some questions

1.) Since all of these coins are minted within a few days of each other, are all coins designated as "First Strike" by PCGS? If not how do they determine which coins get the First Strike designation.

2.) Is there a premium for "First Strike" vs. Non-First Strike

3.) I see people are pre-selling MS-70 dollars. How do they know they will grade MS-70. I could see selling MS-69 as most will grade MS-69, but not sure how you would know how many would grade MS-70.

4.) In your opinion do you feel it is worth submitting these into a TPGS?

Thanks for your opinions.

• Options
    edited August 27, 2021 7:23PM

@NorCalJack said:
    Well I'm a little new to buying mint products direct from the mint. So I have some questions

1.) Since all of these coins are minted within a few days of each other, are all coins designated as "First Strike" by PCGS? If not how do they determine which coins get the First Strike designation.

2.) Is there a premium for "First Strike" vs. Non-First Strike

3.) I see people are pre-selling MS-70 dollars. How do they know they will grade MS-70. I could see selling MS-69 as most will grade MS-69, but not sure how you would know how many would grade MS-70.

4.) In your opinion do you feel it is worth submitting these into a TPGS?

Thanks for your opinions.

First strike is a misnomer. It's a shipping designation not a strike designation. First strike could be on the last coin minted.

Some people pay extra for 1st strike.

If you submit a dozen coins for grading, you can be pretty sure you'll get half 70s in most cases. You would never presell a 69, who would buy it. Raw coins sell for more than 69s.

Whether it's worth submitting or not friends on what you're doing with them.

• Options
    ebizgobroebizgobro Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Just received this email from US Mint canceling my order for three (3) 2021 Peace Dollars:

Dear xxx:
    One or more items in your order USMxxxxxx has been cancelled. If you did not request a cancellation, it was cancelled because the item(s) are no longer in our inventory and are not available for backorder.

We apologize for the inconvenience. If you submitted a check for payment, a refund will be processed and mailed. Please allow three to four weeks for processing. If you paid by credit card, you will not be charged.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Customer Service Center at 1-800-872-6468. Hearing- and speech-impaired customers with TTY equipment may call 1-888-321-MINT (6468).

Thank you,

United States Mint
    Customer Service Center

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

When did you get your order in?

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    ebizgobroebizgobro Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

My canceled order for 3 peace dollar coins was placed 8/11, the first day of ordering.
    Don’t know why the mint canceled the order.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:

@Tomthemailcarrier said:
    I’m not sure if I got 6 Morgan’s or 3 Peace and 3 Morgan’s. Does anyone know if it would have prevented someone inadvertently exceeding the household limit?

I was able to order 6 of each coin, but the site was really wonky. I don't want more than 3 of each. Will the HHL catch up with that second order? Will it be processed until the HHL is lifted? Will I get two orders? My guess it the second order will be cancelled by the mint's computer system...but as of right now, it's still processing.

Mint finally cancelled this over HHL order. During the order frenzy, my order was taken twice - one order dated 8/10 and one dated 8/11. The duplicate order dated 8/11 was PROCESSING right up until now, and finally CANCELLED. Good thing, I didn't really want to dish out another $510.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file