18 "new listing"

43 ending in under 7 days

CC - $400+ trending WAY, WAY UP

O - $275 + trending UP

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

D & S

over 1,350 listings

true auctions about $150 or less

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

88 listings

23 "new listing"

35 ending in under 10 days

CC - $400-$500 still trending WAY, WAY UP

O - $300-$400 + trending UP

D & S

over 900 listings

true auctions under $150 and trending down

P Morgan and Peace

P Morgan - over 450 listings

Peace - over 450 listings

==

P Morgan - $130-$150

Peace - $150-$170

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 16, 2021 4:05PM

Can you hear that? That is the sound of sellers canceling their CC and O pre-transactions recently made before the:
    WAY, WAY UP

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,633 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can understand the CC has some extra demand, but the high O pricing is a mystery to me. Is part of the demand for both of these just because they are privy's?

It seems like when the orders of 10 hit the market these O and CC eBay prices should drop some considering the supply minted is the same. People who are just impatient and want to lock them in at $400+ may regret it in 2-3 months.

Regardless the CC in 70 could be in the $1,000 range, at least when they first show up.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,434 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm guessing the pricing for the O has to do with set completion

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,516 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:
    I can understand the CC has some extra demand, but the high O pricing is a mystery to me. Is part of the demand for both of these just because they are privy's?

It seems like when the orders of 10 hit the market these O and CC eBay prices should drop some considering the supply minted is the same. People who are just impatient and want to lock them in at $400+ may regret it in 2-3 months.

Regardless the CC in 70 could be in the $1,000 range, at least when they first show up.

The price of these remains unknown. There has been no meaningful price discovery because of the ease of cancelation of the pre-sales.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Goldminers said:

The price of these remains unknown. There has been no meaningful price discovery because of the ease of cancelation of the pre-sales.

Unfortunately you are probably right. I was naively assuming that most pre-sellers would actually deliver on what they advertise and sell ahead of time even if the price goes up, and buyers would not cancel if the price goes down. :/

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NYCMint said:
    The following happened to me for the first time ordering from the Mint: my order confirmation email did not show the last 4 digits of the credit card that I used (which is saved in my profile) (or at least thought I used), but I did receive the Mint confirmation emails (the first one saying that they've received my order and the second one that my order is confirmed).

When I check my account's order history, it shows the order but under "Payment Methods", where it usually will have 4 rows that look like this:

Visa
    Exp xx/yyyy
    Amount $xxx

all the rows are instead blank. This is for the Morgan P and it shows the status as "backorder" (which is normal). I suspect that this is some glitch because of the thousands of people trying to hit the site and check out at the same time last week.

Should I do anything now or wait till they are ready to ship (and the mint will just figure it out or reach out to me)? I'm concerned that calling the Mint now might somehow mess up/cancel the order.

yes it is a glitch. one of my orders is exactly the same way

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    I have same problem my peace dollar shows those 4 lines with proper info myCCity doesn’t. Both are the same thing as you different coins. I’m thinking we are probably SOL. 🤓

I think this is a major issue that has happened many times. Your order should be ok or they will notify when it is time to ship from what I have seen in previous posts. Good luck I am in the same boat.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options

@Goldminers said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Goldminers said:

Unfortunately you are probably right. I was naively assuming that most pre-sellers would actually deliver on what they advertise and sell ahead of time even if the price goes up, and buyers would not cancel if the price goes down. :/

If the pre-seller is Apmex or Pinehurst, they will deliver. All the sneaker boys & girls...it's anybody's guess.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mitch a while back even had a known board member renege on selling the V75 gold after they realized it could make them a bit more.
    It’s going to happen and Mitch probably had it more often than others and learned to handle it well. For some, a little extra unexpected cash will taint, tempt and trivialize their integrity.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep I remember that s-show. I don’t think that dude that pulled out has been back

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Goldminers said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Goldminers said:

If the pre-seller is Apmex or Pinehurst, they will deliver. All the sneaker boys & girls...it's anybody's guess.

Well in full disclosure I did pre-sell 6 of the CC's from my order of 10, in the $220-240 range, and although the price seems to be $400 now, which does confuse me, I will still ship those 6 coins as promised to the 5 buyers. I wouldn't mind though if someone cancelled :)

• Options
    philographerphilographer Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Golden1 said:
    Some are wondering about the value of the 2021 Peace Dollar. I think once people see them, price will rise to be the winner of the series. NGC is planning a High Relief labeling that will set this coin apart.

I don't understand why the prototype NGC label says "High Relief." On the Mint's own website they clearly say:

"To re-create these designs for the 2021 coins, the Mint used historic assets such as coins, dies, and high resolution images to capture the artists’ original intent. However, the 2021 Peace Dollar isn’t struck in high relief like the original coin. The 1921 high relief design rose higher than the border, which makes the design elements susceptible to damage. The relief of the 2021 Peace and Morgan Dollars matches modern commemorative coin specifications."

https://www.usmint.gov/news/inside-the-mint/celebrating-the-iconic-morgan-and-peace-silver-dollars

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• Options
    edited August 16, 2021 7:56PM

High relief slab and label? Perhaps it is a little bit high.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh my. You are absolutely correct. Ngc is offering a error label for a dang coin that don’t exist. I’ve read plenty about the high relief problems. That label is maybe going to be my first submission Great coin mislabeled slab. That’s a winner. Do you think pcgs will follow suit?🤓

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    edited August 16, 2021 8:03PM

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Oh my. You are absolutely correct. Ngc is offering a error label for a dang coin that don’t exist. I’ve read plenty about the high relief problems. That label is maybe going to be my first submission Great coin mislabeled slab. That’s a winner. Do you think pcgs will follow suit?🤓

The PCGS one and description of it is confusing too. https://www.pcgs.com/labels/100thAnnPeace It is for the original ones, so not really for the new ones, but guidelines say for ANY Peace dollar, but text also says from 1878-1921????

• Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,960 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:

Maybe the CC and O privy marks are being treated by collectors as virtual mint marks. The privy marks were created to recognize the two mints that no longer exist. I expect that many collectors will refer to these two coins as 2021-CC and 2021-O.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options

@Goldminers said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

The PCGS one and description of it is confusing too. https://www.pcgs.com/labels/100thAnnPeace It is for the original ones, so not really for the new ones, but guidelines say for ANY Peace dollar, but text also says from 1878-1921????

Sounds like their holding back. Probably a good idea because this is a cluster buster 😳

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Goldminers said:

Maybe it's not price discovery, but the pre-order prices in the secondary market indicate which coins are more popular and likely to command higher premiums in the aftermarket. It appears that the Morgans with the privy marks will be the big winners (especially the CC), the Peace dollar will carry a slight premium, and the PDS Morgans will be the least expensive. All of them will fetch considerably more than the issue price.

• Options

@Overdate said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Goldminers said:

Maybe it's not price discovery, but the pre-order prices in the secondary market indicate which coins are more popular and likely to command higher premiums in the aftermarket. It appears that the Morgans with the privy marks will be the big winners (especially the CC), the Peace dollar will carry a slight premium, and the PDS Morgans will be the least expensive. All of them will fetch considerably more than the issue price.

I'm not convinced. The privy mark coins have a less broad distribution because of the HHL of 10 coins. In the end, there are the same number of coins and, arguably, the same number of collectors. What you see is the CURRENT distribution of coins. Once those actually get redistributed, you may well see demand plummet and prices with it.

• Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    edited August 17, 2021 5:45AM

The P was in there for a second. Might of had a chance of the site didn't do a 5 second "check the browser" for a second time.

• Options

@meluaufeet said:
    Got a Peace just now

Order Placed: Aug 17, 2021
    Order Number: USM1131XXXX

awesome me too!

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

@mintymint said:

@meluaufeet said:
    Got a Peace just now

awesome me too!

Nice! I got one too!

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    philographerphilographer Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

@meluaufeet said:
    Got a Peace just now

How many were you able to purchase? Was there a limit?

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• Options
    fox9487fox9487 Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited August 17, 2021 9:11AM

Got 3 Morgan S this morning, order confirmed. They were up for longer then usual as I spent the first 15- 30 seconds messing with the ASE S proof. Morgan D was still up after S purchase but for only a few more seconds.

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Overdate said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Goldminers said:

I'm not convinced. The privy mark coins have a less broad distribution because of the HHL of 10 coins. In the end, there are the same number of coins and, arguably, the same number of collectors. What you see is the CURRENT distribution of coins. Once those actually get redistributed, you may well see demand plummet and prices with it.

Or not. Demand for each of the six of the coins is likely to vary widely. I expect the Peace dollar to have increased demand as a type, and the “CC” to have increased demand as a tribute to the popular Carson City Mint. Common date Morgan dollars routinely sell for more than the 2021 issue price ($85.00) in MS64, and common date Peace dollars fetch nearly as much. Carson City Morgans enjoy more demand and higher prices than many Morgans from other mints with similar survival rates. The mintage for each of the 2021 dollars is much, much lower than the survival rates of nearly all of the individual date/mm combinations within the classic Morgan and Peace dollars. Prices could very well back off from their current levels, but given the popularity of both series, I anticipate that sustained collector demand will keep prices from falling off a cliff.

• Options

@Overdate said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Overdate said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Goldminers said:

Or not. Demand for each of the six of the coins is likely to vary widely. I expect the Peace dollar to have increased demand as a type, and the “CC” to have increased demand as a tribute to the popular Carson City Mint. Common date Morgan dollars routinely sell for more than the 2021 issue price ($85.00) in MS64, and common date Peace dollars fetch nearly as much. Carson City Morgans enjoy more demand and higher prices than many Morgans from other mints with similar survival rates. The mintage for each of the 2021 dollars is much, much lower than the survival rates of nearly all of the individual date/mm combinations within the classic Morgan and Peace dollars. Prices could very well back off from their current levels, but given the popularity of both series, I anticipate that sustained collector demand will keep prices from falling off a cliff.

You may be correct about the CC (or not) and the Peace (or not). But what does the O have in common with the CC? Only one thing: they both had a HHL of 10.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:
    You may be correct about the CC (or not) and the Peace (or not). But what does the O have in common with the CC? Only one thing: they both had a HHL of 10.

The O and the CC have at least three things in common: a household limit of 10, a privy mark, and a tribute to U.S. mints that no longer exist.

The "CC" morgan has about 24% more sold listings than the "O", at least 70% more than each of the PDS, and about 50% more than the Peace. This despite the fact that the "CC" is by far the most expensive of the six coins. My interpretation is that the privy marked Morgans are more desirable to many collectors, who are willing to pay substantially more to obtain them.

• Options
    ebizgobroebizgobro Posts: 595 ✭✭✭
    edited August 17, 2021 10:45AM

I'm wondering about the Mint's and PFSWeb's capacity to fulfill and deliver all the 2021 Morgan and Peace Dollars in the month of October. That's a lot of packaging and shipping of 200,000+ orders (assuming the HHL per order) across the six coins.

• Options

Ugly it’s going to be ugly. The ways this can go south can boggle the mind 😜

• Options

@ebizgobro said:
    I'm wondering about the Mint's and PFSWeb's capacity to fulfill and deliver all the 2021 Morgan and Peace Dollars in the month of October. That's a lot of packaging and shipping of 200,000+ (assuming orders across the six coins.

they worked hard on the W proofs.

It seems they are screwing up the after issues.

It looks like my S subscription may ship today.

I have an AGE from day 1 pre-12:05pm order that is just sitting there. no first-in first out there.

I hope they stagger the shipping of these by a couple of weeks each, but I'll guess they'll make it 1 week.

• Options
    coinandcurrency242coinandcurrency242 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭

@Overdate said:

@jmlanzaf said:

The O and the CC have at least three things in common: a household limit of 10, a privy mark, and a tribute to U.S. mints that no longer exist.

The "CC" morgan has about 24% more sold listings than the "O", at least 70% more than each of the PDS, and about 50% more than the Peace. This despite the fact that the "CC" is by far the most expensive of the six coins. My interpretation is that the privy marked Morgans are more desirable to many collectors, who are willing to pay substantially more to obtain them.

I think that household of 10 was bad for collectors. Less people have one and people can sell for a lot more over a 3 household limit. Supply and demand sucks sometimes!

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

• Options

Everything else being equal, the HHL of 10 v. 3 is inevitably leading to higher prices for the CCs and Os.

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:

@ebizgobro said:
    I'm wondering about the Mint's and PFSWeb's capacity to fulfill and deliver all the 2021 Morgan and Peace Dollars in the month of October. That's a lot of packaging and shipping of 200,000+ (assuming orders across the six coins.

they worked hard on the W proofs.

It seems they are screwing up the after issues.

It looks like my S subscription may ship today.

I have an AGE from day 1 pre-12:05pm order that is just sitting there. no first-in first out there.

I hope they stagger the shipping of these by a couple of weeks each, but I'll guess they'll make it 1 week.

Yes indeed or how about pinging those CC’s all in one day 😂🤓

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

I too think things will be a disaster when they finally try to ship all these. I'm already expecting to not get all the CC and O I bought since my credit card info is not showing on the order page.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

i think they might ship some of the October orders in September

• Options

@MilesWaits said:
    Mitch a while back even had a known board member renege on selling the V75 gold after they realized it could make them a bit more.
    It’s going to happen and Mitch probably had it more often than others and learned to handle it well. For some, a little extra unexpected cash will taint, tempt and trivialize their integrity.

Always honored all my commitments no matter what. Previous deals with Mitch. Have an open offer for 22 Morgan's & Peace open with Mitch at lower pricing and gave him until Friday to commit to my terms. If he does he will get the promised price. If not I will be posting them on the BST with new pricing Friday >:)

• Options

@jwitten said:
    I too think things will be a disaster when they finally try to ship all these. I'm already expecting to not get all the CC and O I bought since my credit card info is not showing on the order page.

don't worry about it. this has happened to very many orders and obviously a Mint issue which should be corrected when time to ship.

• Options

@HATTRICK said:

don't worry about it. this has happened to very many orders and obviously a Mint issue which should be corrected when time to ship.

don't hold your breath

• Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

@philographer I just bought 1 that was in the bag. Refreshed at checkout... paypal for payment. Didn't see how many were available.

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who is the best dealer to lock these in with right now? The set as a whole is going for something ridiculous on eBay right now, 1475 broken down as single coins. Nuts, between myself and a few friends that picked them up, I'm responsible for finding a buyer for 19 complete sets. :neutral:

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    edited August 17, 2021 2:58PM

@MsMorrisine said:

• Options
    edited August 17, 2021 2:50PM

• Options

@DelawareDoons said:
    Who is the best dealer to lock these in with right now? The set as a whole is going for something ridiculous on eBay right now, 1475 broken down as single coins. Nuts, between myself and a few friends that picked them up, I'm responsible for finding a buyer for 19 complete sets. :neutral:

I don't know of any dealer locking anything in right now

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

ALERT ALERT...for all you American Eagle collectors...

LAST MINUTE DATE CHANGE FOR THE TWO COIN EAGLE SET!!!

NOW SEPTEMBER 13TH!!!

https://catalog.usmint.gov/american-eagle-2021-one-ounce-silver-reverse-proof-two-coin-set-designer-edition-21XJ.html?cgid=2021-product-schedule

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep. Thanks Rich

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

And September 13th is a MONDAY…just to make things even more weird!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file